And there is a zoo in Chicago….

reign012.jpg

Maybe Calamity is racist toward non-human species? 

I've always sort of assumed that Calamity is either an intelligent entity with a special interest in humans, was a human itself at some point, or was created by humans and is still carrying out its purpose. With David's degree of research on Epics, it seems like he would have heard of a superpowered dolphin terrorizing the Pacific or a flying gorilla challenging Steelheart's rule.

Something to ask Brandon Sanderson someday, perhaps.

I've always sort of assumed that Calamity is either an intelligent entity with a special interest in humans, was a human itself at some point, or was created by humans and is still carrying out its purpose. With David's degree of research on Epics, it seems like he would have heard of a superpowered dolphin terrorizing the Pacific or a flying gorilla challenging Steelheart's rule.

Something to ask Brandon Sanderson someday, perhaps.

I've always thought Calamity was sentient, and either malevolent or really oblivious to the damage it's causing. Whatever the case, it seems more likely that Calamity would focus on humans, rather than animals, with the rationale that either A. humans are the dominant species on Planet Earth and thus in the best position to use their powers for genuine evil, or B. Calamity just doesn't care about other species on the planet, regardless of intelligence. 

On a more meta note, Sanderson may have just not wanted to deal with slews of evil dolphins shooting laser beams from their eyes, or evil gorillas crushing buildings with their minds. A fun (and terrifying) thought, but more out of a really weird apocalyptic film than a deconstruction of the old world-ruled-by-supervillains trope. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

tumblr_ls1meqYsgp1qhgzjro1_400.gif

The answer to all of you questions is barbecue... Well maybe not all of them. :P

I shall go make Nighthound give you a welcome.

p.s. I just reached the top 50 in reputation and a big chunk of my reputation this last week came from this RP, so thank you guys.

"After everything was said and done Lightwards set down his bowl of popcorn and started to raise his new Epic warriors. How they just ignored them in their fight was only further proof for the inferiority of his former companions and that lowly dog."

Any ideas how we stop this fight in something resembling a peacful manner or do we just keep on brawling aimlessly for a while? The best bet I could come up with for a cease fire right now is Nathan playing diplomat.

Any ideas how we stop this fight in something resembling a peacful manner or do we just keep on brawling aimlessly for a while? The best bet I could come up with for a cease fire right now is Nathan playing diplomat.

I for one am quite enjoying this aimless brawling. My original plan went something like "capture Nighthound, bully him into joining us," but he's a much tougher cookie than I had planned for. So I guess Nathan playing diplomat is the most likely road to peace, unless both sides simply fight themselves into a solid stalemate.

I for one am quite enjoying this aimless brawling. My original plan went something like "capture Nighthound, bully him into joining us," but he's a much tougher cookie than I had planned for. So I guess Nathan playing diplomat is the most likely road to peace, unless both sides simply fight themselves into a solid stalemate.

Great do you know what kind of image you produced in my head?

trollface_christmas_cookie_by_eduboy94-d

Anyway, Nighthound isn´t the kind of guy to admid to a stalemate, so captain Twylight, it´s up to you.