1 minute ago, |TJ| said:

guys what was up with sart retracting his vote off bip? as soon as drake voted bip to maintain the tie? its like he didn't want the tie?

I thought it might've been an open wolfing thing, but Sart technically wasn't meant to vote in the tie at all. Possible his quick reaction was him realizing that. Possible it was e!him sacrificing himself to prevent a bunch of clears

Just now, Amanuensis said:

You're taking jokes too seriously, it was a false alarm. All is chill

I mean, Silho was (is?) clearly upset, and there was 0 indication that the “village deserves to lose” was a joke, so like… sorry I’m not great at reading tone over text? But FWIW I did check with Elandera before posting. I’ve been trying to let on all day that this is frustrating

Well I used this time to create a little summary. For best reading experience, read to the tune of Hall of the Mountain King

Spoiler

So at 3:15 (a little under 4 hours before rollover) Aman posted this as a Vote count:

Ashbringer (4): Matrim's Dice, The Wandering Wizard, Ashbringer, Orlok Tsubodai, Tani,
Biplet (3): DrakeMarshall, Shining Silhouette, Amanuensis
TJ (1): Biplet

Then:

• Fadran votes Biplet
  • Fadran unvotes Biplet
  • Fadran votes Kasimir
  • RandBy votes Steeldancer
  • Biplet unvotes TJ
  • Biplet votes Shining
  • Wizard unvotes Ashbringer
  • Wizard votes Shining
  • Shining unvotes Biplet
  • Shining votes Wizard
  • Sart votes Biplet

This makes the actual vote count

Ashbringer (4): Matrim's Dice, Ashbringer, Orlok Tsubodai, Tani,
Biplet (3): DrakeMarshall, Amanuensis, Sart
Shining (2): Biplet, The Wandering Wizard
Wizard (1): Shining Silhouette
Kasimir (1): Channelknight Fadran
Steeldancer (1): Random Bystander

Drake posts this as a vote count, after editing

Ashbringer (3): Ashbringer, Matrim's Dice, Tani
Biplet (3): Amanuensis, DrakeMarshall, Sart
Shining Silhouette (2): Biplet, The Wandering Wizard

Beginning the long and glorious chain of forgetting Orlok existed entirely

(Also missing Silho’s vote on Wizard, although Silho retracted it almost immediately after so perhaps just back-editing)

Then:

• Silho unvotes Wizard
  • Aman unvotes Biplet
  • Aman votes Ashbringer

Aman post the following vote count:

Ashbringer (4/3): Matrim's Dice, Ashbringer, Amanuensis, Orlok Tsubodai, Tani,
Biplet (2): DrakeMarshall, Sart
Shining (2): Biplet, The Wandering Wizard

No-Orlok counter: 2

Then:

• Drake unvotes Biplet
  • Drake votes Shining

Drake posts the following vote count:

Ashbringer (4): Amanuensis, Ashbringer, Matrim's Dice, Tani
Shining Silhouette (3): Biplet, DrakeMarshall, The Wandering Wizard
Biplet (1): Sart

No-Orlok counter: 3

Drake evidently missing both Tani’s vote and one random vote would disappear for the plan, but the count itself is accurate. Aside from, you know, not having Orlok.

Fadran posts the following vote count:

Ashbringer (4/3): Ashbringer, Matrim's Dice, Amanuensis, Tani,
Biplet (2): DrakeMarshall, Sart
Shining Silhouette (2): Biplet, The Wandering Wizard

No-Orlok counter: 4

Missing Drake’s change, and also beginning the interesting decision to start chopping off the extraneous votes.

Silhouette posts the following vote count:

Ashbringer (4/3): Ashbringer, Matrim's Dice, Amanuensis, Tani,
Biplet (2): DrakeMarshall, Sart
Shining Silhouette (2): Biplet, The Wandering Wizard

No-Orlok counter: 5

Identical to Fadran’s, including the missing Drake switch.

Then:

• Aman Unvotes Ashbringer
  • Aman votes Biplet

Aman posts the following vote count:

Ashbringer (4/3): Matrim's Dice, Ashbringer, Orlok Tsubodai, Tani,
Biplet (2): Shining Silhouette, Amanuensis

Orlok returns! Glorious day. However, Aman decided to return him by power of the Infinity Gauntlet and snapping away half of the vote count. Including the 3 votes on Silho.

The real vote count should be this:

Ashbringer (4): Ashbringer, Matrim's Dice, Orlok Tsubodai, Tani
Shining Silhouette (3): Biplet, DrakeMarshall, The Wandering Wizard
Biplet (2): Sart, Amanuensis

Silhouette posts a spoilered VC that he believes is wrong

Ashbringer: Mat, Ash, Aman, Wiz, Tani
Biplet: Drake, Shining, Sart

No-Orlok counter: 6

… it is indeed wrong.

Then

• Silhouette votes Biplet
  • Biplet unvotes Silhouette
  • Biplet votes Ashbringer
  • Tani unvotes Ashbringer
    • (and asks Silhouette how his ability works, which is interesting)
    • Shining asks (well, ‘asks’) Wizard to vote somewhere so he can move his vote.

Aman posts the following vote count:

Ashbringer (3): Matrim's Dice, Ashbringer, Orlok Tsubodai,
Biplet (2): Shining Silhouette, Amanuensis

Again with Orlok but without any of the extra votes, and forgetting Sart and Bip’s votes.

Real vote count:

Ashbringer (4): Ashbringer, Matrim's Dice, Orlok Tsubodai, Biplet
Biplet (3): Sart, Amanuensis, Shining Silhouette
Shining Silhouette (2): DrakeMarshall, The Wandering Wizard

This would be a successful tie.

Then

• Wizard unvotes Silhouette
  • Wizard votes Ashbringer
    • Aman requests Drake move to Biplet
  • Drake unvotes Silhouette
  • Drake votes Biplet
    • Striker requests Drake move to Ash
  • Sart unvotes Biplet
    • According to inspect element, this vote went through 4 seconds before rollover.

Final Real Vote Count:

Ashbringer (5): Ashbringer, Matrim's Dice, Orlok Tsubodai, Biplet, The Wandering Wizard
Biplet (3): Amanuensis, Shining Silhouette, DrakeMarshall

Final Vote Count post manipulation:

Ashbringer (3): Ashbringer, Matrim's Dice, Orlok Tsubodai, Biplet, The Wandering Wizard
Biplet (3): Amanuensis, Shining Silhouette, DrakeMarshall
Sart (1):

Results!

1. Together, the Village Vote Counters forgot about Orlok 6 times!
  2. Nobody posted a correct vote count for the last 4 hours of the cycle.
  3. Sart devoted Biplet 4 seconds before rollover
  4. Shining did in fact save the tie
  5. Shining was posting vote counts without Orlok and claims not to have known what it was, and thus Shining did not intend to save the tie
  6. Shining does, in fact, have the capability to move a vote
  7. We weren’t at exelo because Fadran’s vote on Kas didn’t count
  8. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Edited by Ashbringer
fixed indent

6 minutes ago, Biplet said:

I mean, Silho was (is?) clearly upset, and there was 0 indication that the “village deserves to lose” was a joke, so like… sorry I’m not great at reading tone over text? But FWIW I did check with Elandera before posting. I’ve been trying to let on all day that this is frustrating

Yeah sorry about that, I was equally confused by rollover and slightly disappointed in our organizational skills, but all jests were in good faith

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Yeah sorry about that, I was equally confused by rollover and slightly disappointed in our organizational skills, but all jests were in good faith

I understand now!! Thank u for explaining I appreciate it

I am of the professional opinion that essentially nobody knew what they were doing. Based on my reading, no one managed to have a vote count that was purely without error since 3.5 hours and 3 pages before rollover. 

Did Shining save the tie by pulling a vote off of me? Yes. Did he know that's what affect that would have? Probably not.

Did Sart save the tie by unvoting Bip? Yes. Did he know that's what affect that would have? Probably not.

IMO both tried to break the tie. I see more elimness in Sart's actions though. Shining was panicking to prove his role and Sart just essentially reverse-hammered. (Also, Sart was saving Bip, while Shining was saving me. Idk if I truly Elim-read Bip's actions today, but... well I'm me and I'm village so yeah. Also I didn't really need saving.)

So we appear to have accidentally fallen into the correct answer.

Also sometimes Elimination games feel like the Jedi Code where you're supposed to feel emotion but never act upon that emotion which is just... yeah.

Also also I'm gonna go make some memes so this situation becomes a bit more funny instead of just emotion chaos. 

I think we should all remember that this is just a game. And also that tone can be hard to understand over text. I understood Aman was frustrated, but also felt discouraged by the comment. I’m glad to hear it was meant in jest, at the very least.

Also, something I just thought of. If Fadran’s role of Confirmed Villager (please tell me I’m remembering who claimed that correctly) is true…I have some thoughts. If someone were an elim and a Confirmed Villager…would they be eligible to receive a Lynchbait vote?

The implications of this are probably sheer paranoia. But I can’t stop thinking about it. Aman of all people would try and capitalize on something like this scenario, if it presented itself to him. But I so badly want to trust that Aman is village. I just don’t know. It might not be a coincidence that Aman left out all the Shining votes in that one vote count when he actually had more votes than Bip.

8 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I think we should all remember that this is just a game. And also that tone can be hard to understand over text. I understood Aman was frustrated, but also felt discouraged by the comment. I’m glad to hear it was meant in jest, at the very least.

Also, something I just thought of. If Fadran’s role of Confirmed Villager (please tell me I’m remembering who claimed that correctly) is true…I have some thoughts. If someone were an elim and a Confirmed Villager…would they be eligible to receive a Lynchbait vote?

The implications of this are probably sheer paranoia. But I can’t stop thinking about it. Aman of all people would try and capitalize on something like this scenario, if it presented itself to him. But I so badly want to trust that Aman is village. I just don’t know. It might not be a coincidence that Aman left out all the Shining votes in that one vote count when he actually had more votes than Bip.

I left out the shining votes because they were irrelevant to the tie. I had faith Wiz and Drake would switch back, but was ready to ask when necessary. We needed them specifically in the group to scan

ED1T:

That would also require me to have three roles :P

Edited by Amanuensis

I left out the shining votes because they were irrelevant to the tie. I had faith Wiz and Drake would switch back, but was ready to ask when necessary. We needed them specifically in the group to scan

If Shining was ahead though then it was very relevant to the tie.

Did it really matter that much who was in it?

I left out the shining votes because they were irrelevant to the tie. It had faith Wiz and Drake would switch back, but was ready to ask when necessary. We needed them specifically in the group to scan

The only reason I switched back was that I knew Ash wouldn't die and that I didn't really want Bip to die after just being able to re-engage with the thread.

Didn't particularly care about the tie right then if I'm being honest.

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

If Shining was ahead though then it was very relevant to the tie.

Did it really matter that much who was in it?

Yes. We needed 5 of the 8 players scanned in the last tie. Orlok, Wiz, and I participated because we all had village clears from roles, so we would show up as village on the scan. The only thing that technically didn’t matter was if we voted Silho or Bip.

Regarding them being close, I told both of them why voting Silho was moot since he was getting scanned and proving his role

Edited by Amanuensis

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

The only thing that technically didn’t matter was Silho or Bip.

This was the question though. Because Shining having more votes at that point would've made it easier for him to have been the tied train with Ash. And imo the scan and the proving of role are only so helpful because the scan is just a number that he could fall in either side of, and the proving role isn't AI.

Edit: And if you wanted to scan Shining in the tie, and there was no difference between Bip/Shining, then why doesn't the same reasoning apply to Bip being in the tie? Shining could prove his role in or out of the tie. 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

This was the question though. Because Shining having more votes at that point would've made it easier for him to have been the tied train with Ash. And imo the scan and the proving of role are only so helpful because the scan is just a number that he could fall in either side of, and the proving role isn't AI.

Why is it a question though? What does that question accomplish?

Why is it a question though? What does that question accomplish?

It accomplishes figuring out why you left Shining out of the VC when the greater number of votes on him at the time showed the thread's preference between Shining and Bip. Like I wasn't there, I don't know, but I can see what Striker is saying here and it's weirding me out. There's a disconnect between you saying there's no difference and your actions implying that there was, at least to you.

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

It accomplishes figuring out why you left Shining out of the VC when the greater number of votes on him at the time showed the thread's preference between Shining and Bip. Like I wasn't there, I don't know, but I can see what Striker is saying here and it's weirding me out. There's a disconnect between you saying there's no difference and your actions implying that there was, at least to you.

:huh:

I just explained it. The plan had always been Biplet, who I am still suspicious of and will remain so until I have actual evidence to believe otherwise, and not Silho. I posted that count before Biplet self-pressed and everything went kayana. And I explicitly mentioned Drake to switch to Biplet to make sure her vote was in the lead, simultaneously dissolving the shining wagon. What on earth is the problem?

Edited by Amanuensis

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I just explained it. The plan had always been Biplet, who I am still suspicious of and will remain so until I have actual evidence to believe otherwise, and not Silho. I posted that count before Biplet self-pressed and everything went kayana. And I explicitly mentioned Drake to switch to Biplet to make sure her vote was in the lead, simultaneously dissolving the shining wagon. What on earth is the problem?

Do you not see how this shows you had a clear preference for Shining over Bip?

2 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I have my meme powers again tonight, is there a pool of people taking info actions that I could select from to check for Trolling?

@Random Bystander has Bookwyrm’s role and will submit an order to scan Steeldancer. If you can make sure he wasn’t Trolled and Steel is Village, then we can 100% trust the list he got from the ties 

ED1T:

@StrikerEZ I have been very clearly wanting Biplet dead for cycles and have been consistently extending Silho grace because I do in fact think he is Village. Again, problem??

Edited by Amanuensis

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Didn't you say you were open to someone besides me and suggested Silho as an alternative??

My read of EoD (again, as someone who wasn't there) was that no one really e!read Biplet over Shining except for you, and that the votes trended naturally towards Shining before you changed the course back. Like 'the plan' might have been Biplet initially but it seemed to me like the plan was changing in most people's minds? 

No. I repeatedly suggested Sart and said leave Silho alone because he would be incentivized to save himself

Him saving himself would have been a great reason to insta-kill him today though so I see nothing wrong with that