9. Kings_way- Kekari
10. Young Bard- Linish
11. Stick
12. Xinoehp512
13. Elandera
14. Sart- Arthas

On 7/2/2022 at 8:06 AM, Kasimir said:

Lesgo :eyes:

Signing up as Kirilas, the proprietor of a small café selling a variety of teas and pastries, with blends suitable for the seasons.

Wyran claims that Kirilas spikes his blends with clippings from the Tears of Edgli.

He LIES. No, sir, these are 100% authentic unicorn tears butterfly pea blends

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

Alright, 2 things. Player list has been updated (I'm really close to beating breath of the wild, I promise. Should beat it today... maybe?)

You know, if you didn't want me to play, you needn't have pinged me to let me know that your game was up :P

6 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I beat it on Friday! :P Still a whole lotta side quests and all that good stuff left so I’m not done with the game. But Ganon was destroyed, on my first attempt. Mostly because I ate like my entire stock of full restores :P. Best of luck to you!

Just beat it myself. YAHOOOOO

Kasimir I'm so sorry I didn't add you. :ph34r: you should be in the player list now. 
alright now that I decided to actually include Kasimir in the player list, we have 15 people! Hooray! We should be good to go on Wednesday. 
One other thing. I'm going on vacation with my family on Saturday. I know I'll have time to run the game, I'm just not sure what that schedue will look like right now. I'll let you guys know as soon as I can get a stable time each night to check in on the game and do rollover and whatnot. 

Edited by Steeldancer

Quick additional rule change: ignore the thing about primary factions ending the game. The hidden factions may also be able to end the game upon completion of their win conditions, but that will all be in the description of the win condition itself. 

Basically meaningless right now, but it was a problem that I realized today. 

New players added, and a slight change to awakening, now that I've finished balancing the commands: 

Upon awakening, some commands will have an immediate effect. The following day, you may take an action to retrieve the breath from item. 

Other awakened items may be used multiple times. Upon successful research, this information will be revealed for that command. 

I'm making one more small rule adjustment, to prevent a potential scenario at the end of the game where too much breath stacks up and no one can die. 
As the 5th heightening says one attack survive per person, I'm also making that per batch of breath. In other words, if a chunk of 100 breath is used once to survive an attack, and then you inherit that breath after they die, then that will not allow you to survive an attack. This will prevent A. Passing around breath to survive tons of attacks and B. Endgame attacks becoming useless. 
Thanks for putting up with me as I try to make sure this game is (relatively) balanced. 
Distributions are almost done, so PMs should start going out pretty much exactly at 7, and I'll be able to get N0 up pretty soon thereafter. 

Alright, Distribution is complete (despite my terrible abilities at math), and signups are closed and PMs will be out shortly. 
Quick GM comment before the game begins. This game is really, really weird. Nobody has ever tried something like this before. Honestly, I'm not sure how this will work out. It is within the realm of possibility that there will be a point in the game where some of you may be locked out of your win condition for some reason or another. 
My hope, is that the priority will be to have fun with the weird mechanics and have a good game. 
Cheers! 

N0 - The Great Choosing
That night, people met in rooms all across Hallendren. Faith in the Royal family was at an all time low, after the loss of a massive battle against another country. Who would side with who? What terrible conspiracies and betrayals would come about as a result?
These were the thoughts floating through the king's head as he gazed out on the darkened city of Hallendren. He wanted to protect his people more than anything, but had failed. Now, the future of the very country was in the hands of the people of this city. 

~~~
N0 has begun! One on One PMs are open, and remember to inclue Devotary and I in them. Please submit your selections of faction (top 3 is preferable) by the end of the turn, which will end in about 24 hours, at 7 PM, 7/7/2022 MST. 
THE FACTIONS: 

Spoiler

Royalist Hawks

Eliminate all hostile factions (excluding the Doves), outnumber the Doves, and have at least 1 royal still be living. 

Royalist Doves
Have one other non-hostile faction win, outnumber the Hawks, and have at least 1 royal still living. 

Revolutionaries

Eliminate all of the royals, outnumber all hostile factions.

Non-public Factions. Their secrets will only be available to those who join them.

The Cult of Colors 

The Adjuncts of the Scholars
The Followers of Edgli

Player List

Spoiler

1. Matrim's Dice- Samuel
2. The Unknown Novel- Dedarriel
3. HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES- Larinias
4. Ashbringer- Clem
5. StrikerEZ- Yeyeni Nosef
6. The Wandering Wizard- Ormutag
7. Araris Valerian- Hadrani Pereniod
8. Fifth Scholar- Yallacero
9. Kasimir- Kirilas
10. Young Bard- Linish
11. Stick
12. Xinoehp512
13. Elandera
14. Sart- Arthas
15. Clanky- Ancy
16. Luckspren- Lelea Pendrose
17. JNV- Kalomi

Edited by Steeldancer

I know they are in the rules, but would you mind posting the list of factions, so we can tell what our options are at a glance?

Arthas strode confidently into Hallandren. With the city in turmoil, it was clear he needed to pick a side. Any one man, despite his incredible looks and stunning intellect, would inevitably be cast aside. He needed a team.

Just now, Sart said:

I know they are in the rules, but would you mind posting the list of factions, so we can tell what our options are at a glance?

Arthas strode confidently into Hallandren. With the city in turmoil, it was clear he needed to pick a side. Any one man, despite his incredible looks and stunning intellect, would inevitably be cast aside. He needed a team.

Yeah, I'll put that up right now. 

Here we go! Trying to digest the complex rules but I’m not sure how much I’ll need to, I guess. A simplified awakening chart might be nice, maybe I’ll make that.

Now to fight the urge to make gut reads this cycle :P And for the game, to an extent.

@Steeldancer, can you confirm if all five scholars are in the game?

33 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Here we go! Trying to digest the complex rules but I’m not sure how much I’ll need to, I guess. A simplified awakening chart might be nice, maybe I’ll make that.

Now to fight the urge to make gut reads this cycle :P And for the game, to an extent.

@Steeldancer, can you confirm if all five scholars are in the game?

That is a fat, fat PAFO. 
It has come to my attention that I've been a bit inconsistent with what actions can be used when. I'm going to add a line in the action part of the rules that clears things up a bit about which actions can be used when. 

Alright, I also fixed in the rules the 2 clarifications I made to awakening and the 5th Heightening. Everything should be good. 

Edited by Steeldancer

Also, quick reminder for everybody: there are hard limits on how many people can join any one faction. There is also a quota for each faction that must be filled, or balance will go wonk. 
That should be my last comment for now, I'm going to go eat and do some writing. 

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I village read Mat for this comment. 

If you’d like to talk to me about factions, my PMs are open. My inkling is that people will be willing to reveal general preferences but not specific elements of their ranked list except in extreme circumstances (this is roughly the line I’ll be toeing), and I would generally recommend mushrooming just so that one PM-happy person can’t figure out a rough sketch of the distro from turn one.

The last time I tried to make a PM alliance I immediately got stabbed in the back, and even though that was a FFA, don’t expect me to give away anything :P.

Won’t stop me from accepting any tidbits from others, though :ph34r: 

Please reach out to me first for PMs. I will be sleeping soon and have work for much of tomorrow so won’t have a whole lot of time to try and make PMs myself. But will gladly check PMs that get sent my way.

I have time tomorrow! Woooo!

Yeah idk how this is going to go. But this should be fun.

Sorry Striker I don't have much time for PMs tonight :(

Clem was doing something important. They weren't entirely sure why it was important, sure. Some Returned had just told them to do it, and some guard with an axe made it clear it was not a request. They weren't entirely sure what it was they were doing, either. But they seemed to be doing it pretty well.

3 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I would generally recommend mushrooming just so that one PM-happy person can’t figure out a rough sketch of the distro from turn one.

I feel personally attacked and I'll have you know I've only PMed the people whom I am actively invested in being in a faction with because I want a fun doc >:(

I am tired after having taken the beating of a lifetime from Orlok and Wyrm was eating popcorn and I do not have the energy to make [Edit: mass] PMs. I'll RP or something tomorrow, sorry everyone, my bad, I need to recharge >>

I don't even know what to be able to say right now. Instinct is the Foreign Infiltrators should already know who they are and they're the standard Elim faction but this is N0, no voting, also Austre only knows what the damned wincons are for the secret factions (can they win with the Foreign Infiltrators despite the outnumber condition? If so, implications on votes?) so /shrug, probably a bad idea to run into this game full-tilt like a standard Village game even though I kinda want to.

Disco delenda est right >>

Edited by Kasimir