Mid Range 50: The Northern Wind II

DeTess

Just now, Szeth_Pancakes said:

@Illwei, concerning your confusion, I had originally thought Archer was suspicious for declaring he was suspicious of Tani and I, but then not voting. Then I realized that the post I thought Archer was sussing  us in was actually your post. So, using the same reasoning, you were suspicious. Also, Sart came up with some points that solidified my suspicions of you.

Wait, what points did Sart have? (I have a hard time reading debate/arguments written in RP form, so it's quite possible there were some and I missed them : P)

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

Wait, what points did Sart have? (I have a hard time reading debate/arguments written in RP form, so it's quite possible there were some and I missed them : P)

Nearly half of Sart’s post regarded why he was suspicious of Illwei. He noted that Illwei was dancing around Tani’s question, among other things.

Oh, also, I’m voting Illwei for now. This could change later in the cycle.

1 minute ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Nearly half of Sart’s post regarded why he was suspicious of Illwei. He noted that Illwei was dancing around Tani’s question, among other things.

Illwei wasn't dancing around Tani's question that I could tell. And anyway, I don't really know why that's even an argument; it's not like it's hard for the elims to give actual opinions on a hypothetical situation that's incredibly unlikely to happen, so the fact that she didn't commit one way or another is NAI imo. 

24 minutes ago, DeTess said:

edit: There are no rules specifically against code as far as I'm aware.

I think there's a new rule for SE in general against code, since the AG. I don't remember exactly.

21 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Edit: huh, and the Agent didn't improve any parts. I wonder what that means...

That the Agent is inactive? :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I think there's a new rule for SE in general against code, since the AG. I don't remember exactly.

I think the rule was specifically about in threads/PMs. I think there was an exception to anonymous messages, because half the fun of those is doing codes and stuff. But I might be wrong.

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I think there's a new rules for SE in general against code, since the AG. I don't remember exactly.

You're right, I'd missed that. I'm going to check with Striker Elbereth how best to handle this.

4 minutes ago, DeTess said:

You're right, I'd missed that. I'm going to check with Striker Elbereth how best to handle this.

The rule is in place mostly to avoid player A-player B communication, so I think a message that everyone gets anon and no one has a code, that's not meant for dodgy communication, is fine. I assume that's what that is, anyway. I dunno.

@Azmine_king you around?

In regards to the coded message:

The code will stay up for now. In the future however, we recommend that no game-relevant content be put in code format, though preferably there should be no coded messages altogether. In addition, we request that any Messenger(s) do not use the key to the code to prove their identity, if they are gonna do a coded message at all.

1 hour ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

@Illwei, concerning your confusion, I had originally thought Archer was suspicious for declaring he was suspicious of Tani and I, but then not voting. Then I realized that the post I thought Archer was sussing  us in was actually your post. So, using the same reasoning, you were suspicious. Also, Sart came up with some points that solidified my suspicions of you.

Confusion? What confusion?

The "confusion" i mentioned, if i mentioned any, was *your* confusion. Your confusion in mixing up Archer and me.

1 hour ago, Quintessential said:

Illwei wasn't dancing around Tani's question that I could tell. And anyway, I don't really know why that's even an argument; it's not like it's hard for the elims to give actual opinions on a hypothetical situation that's incredibly unlikely to happen, so the fact that she didn't commit one way or another is NAI imo. 

I think the main point is that i answered differently from everyone else, who said Agent. And I guess you, who said Elims.

1 hour ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Oh, also, I’m voting Illwei for now. This could change later in the cycle.

Sarts reasoning was that he supposedly didnt think my logic checked out about the doctor not reviving people. Im not going to be convinced that it's worth it.  

I was under the impression that codes were allowed as long as they could be solved and not by a computer system. I suppose the rules may have changed since the new update though. 

21 minutes ago, Tani said:

Is it best if the Captains Quarters gets repaired, or do we like tied deaths?

Tied deaths are fun sometimes, but generally they worry me. Too easy for the Elims to manipulate the situation into speeding up the end con, especially since here it could result in them getting the villages before the Agent can improve enough parts, potentially. I would suggest any remaining Engineers submit repair orders, though if there’s a Elim Engineer I can assume they might not decide to do that one. We’ll see.

I’ll vote later. Not sure who I really find sis yet. Want to hear more theories on the survival of the Elim target assuming they didn’t forget to submit the kill (I can’t see any that make sense to me unless they went after the current vote leader which would be nonsensical).

33 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I was under the impression that codes were allowed as long as they could be solved and not by a computer system. I suppose the rules may have changed since the new update though. 

Yeah, they changed that in the recent update. Unfortunately, I don't think the snippet of the one presented to us is long enough to be solvable anyway; best I got was it might begin with I AM BAD.. or maybe I AM WAY... 

30 minutes ago, Tani said:

Interesting that you're considering using the eliminator's sabotages to the village's advantage. I expected most villagers to immediately want to repair the damage, as the eliminators presumably saw the effect as most beneficial to them

2 hours ago, DeTess said:

The ship's search-lights spotted Quintessential following gears around.

Hey @Gears, did ya notice anything funny happen to you overnight? Hey @Quintessential, there's a person named @quinn and I keep accidentally almost pinging them. 

If the Tracker chose not to attack anyone this cycle, that is village alignment indicative. The elims would have been very unlucky if both of their attacks had been blocked. 

39 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Tied deaths are fun sometimes, but generally they worry me. Too easy for the Elims to manipulate the situation into speeding up the end con, especially since here it could result in them getting the villages before the Agent can improve enough parts, potentially. I would suggest any remaining Engineers submit repair orders, though if there’s a Elim Engineer I can assume they might not decide to do that one. We’ll see.

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Archer said:

Interesting that you're considering using the eliminator's sabotages to the village's advantage. I expected most villagers to immediately want to repair the damage, as the eliminators presumably saw the effect as most beneficial to them

That's not an answer... please answer?

Edit: It'd be really nice if we could get input from lots of people on this.

Edited by Tani

3 minutes ago, Tani said:

Why are you so interested in running all these surveys? :P.

I'd rather avoid the ties if we can, personally.

39 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Want to hear more theories on the survival of the Elim target assuming they didn’t forget to submit the kill (I can’t see any that make sense to me unless they went after the current vote leader which would be nonsensical).

The elims could have neglected a kill if they were afraid of the biologist scan, but if they were really afraid they could have sabotaged the laboratory. Potentially they want to wait on sabotaging the lab until they think they'll be able to hospitalise the biologist in doing so.

19 minutes ago, Archer said:

did ya notice anything funny happen to you overnight?

The navigator just shows that Quinn targeted Gears with something. If a non-Quinn internal affairs brigged Gears, it could be worth mentioning. Otherwise, probably better to keep silent.

3 minutes ago, Tani said:

It'd be really nice if we could get input from lots of people on this.

Being able to exe multiple people at once isn't usually super helpful, but it's not a priority repair. I expect something more important will break before it could be repaired by however many village engineers are left. It is possible that the agent modified the captain's quarters and that's why there are zero improved parts, but I think it still takes two repair actions for the agent to fix things so if that's true they wouldn't be repairing it.

Just to clarify things for everyone, here's the Order of Actions:

1. Dismissal
  2. Internal Affairs
  3. All other actions
  4. Repairs
  5. Improvement
  6. Attacks (Trapper/Saboteur)
  7. Requesting Birds
  8. Sabotage
  9. Navigator

43 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

@Illwei

This confusion:

Lol can you put the quinklink in next time so i can find it without having to search for it

1- noting the "we" from Tani.

2- forgot about this earlier: i really thought TUO was gonna flip doctor if village. Saying youd go to provide cover is a useless thing to say unless youre the doctor trying to deflect.

3- i think tied votes remaining as they are rn is fine, i think theres info either way in the people wanting to kill both, and in the people advocating for not doing so

Edited by Illwei

7 minutes ago, Illwei said:

1- noting the "we" from Tani

You caught me. :P

That was purposeful, yes. Reasoning: I'm not the only one who could use this input, and it's public anyway, so may as well.

Also the message it sends is correct, I am a villager.

31 minutes ago, Tani said:

That's not an answer... please answer?

Apologies, my answer was implied. We'll never get anywhere with a broken ship, let's keep our transportation in good working order. I believe we have enough engineers to fix the room this round without problem. 

9 minutes ago, Illwei said:

2- forgot about this earlier: i really thought TUO was gonna flip doctor if village. Saying youd go to provide cover is a useless thing to say unless youre the doctor trying to deflect.

Do you want to kill the doctor(s)? 

1 minute ago, Archer said:

Do you want to kill the doctor(s)? 

Lmao no, but my vote on order was almost all self pres, and if there was a chance of yall switching last minute to someone else, i wasnt going to make him a potential target by saying i thought he was the doctor.

2 hours ago, Tani said:

I don't particularly care either way; early on in the game, it's probably fine to have ties kill all players in them, especially because it increases the stakes for the elims and can give us more solid information to analyze during endgame. I do think it's important to get that fixed before Ex-Lo though : P

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Want to hear more theories on the survival of the Elim target assuming they didn’t forget to submit the kill (I can’t see any that make sense to me unless they went after the current vote leader which would be nonsensical).

...did you not read my post? *sigh* here, I'll reiterate:

Assuming the elims didn't forget and didn't attack TUO (both of which are relatively unlikely scenarios imo), the only way there was no NK is if either the elims targeted someone who was thrown in the Brig or the elim submitting the kill was thrown in the Brig. As clarified by the GMs, no one would have had an Aviar when the kill took place, so that form of protection isn't a possibility here.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

[1] Hey @Quintessential, there's a person named @quinn and I keep accidentally almost pinging them. 

[2] If the Tracker chose not to attack anyone this cycle, that is village alignment indicative. The elims would have been very unlucky if both of their attacks had been blocked. 

[1] you know you did just ping them, right? lol

[2] it would take some pretty insane balancing for an elim Tracker to work as a role, so I was already assuming the Tracker was village (if there is one at all *glares at Mat*). It's possible that the Tracker did submit a kill, but was roleblocked or submitted the kill on someone who had protection. It's also possible that the Tracker was inactive. Or they just decided that Terminal Seeking isn't worth it this early on :P 

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The elims could have neglected a kill if they were afraid of the biologist scan, but if they were really afraid they could have sabotaged the laboratory. Potentially they want to wait on sabotaging the lab until they think they'll be able to hospitalise the biologist in doing so.

You know the Biologist can't scan hospitalized people, right? Hospitalized people can only be targeted by actions from visitors, and visitors can only use kills and heals. Therefore, the elims don't actually have to worry about that; it's only a problem for them if they attack someone who has a Sak, and that person reveals they were attacked (which they would know because they'd be RB'd and lose the bird), and specifically asks for a Biologist to scan them.

The role the elims really have to worry about is Navigator, because Navigator can show everyone who targeted a person, and can do it without actually revealing their own identity. Though, since they (edit: the elims) didn't sabotage the Control Room, it seems they aren't that worried about that either.

43 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Hmm now we know that TUO/Exp isn't e/e though :P.

I think I will throw a vote on Exp now. As a test.

Edit: @Experience

...well, yeah. TUO's vil. Of course he's not e/e with Exp. : P

Edited by Quintessential

3 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

*glares at Mat*

I genuinely don't know what this is referring to.

3 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

...well, yeah. TUO's vil. Of course he's not e/e with Exp. : P

That's what I meant :P.

13 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

...did you not read my post? *sigh* here, I'll reiterate:

Assuming the elims didn't forget and didn't attack TUO (both of which are relatively unlikely scenarios imo), the only way there was no NK is if either the elims targeted someone who was thrown in the Brig or the elim submitting the kill was thrown in the Brig. As clarified by the GMs, no one would have had an Aviar when the kill took place, so that form of protection isn't a possibility here.

I read it. I just wanted to know if anyone else had thoughts. Sometimes I miss things in rules, you could have too.