How would you prefer to be Invested?

Title says a little bit of it. The premise of this little... game, I guess?.. is to tell us about the type of cosmere magic you'd like to have in your life if you could. I believe this type of thing has been done before, but it's been a couple years so... I thought I'd bring it up again.

Now, since a hypothetical can come with a lot of questions, I thought I'd help by defining some variables about the world such a hypothetical would take place in; that way, for example, being a Rosharan and dealing with Odium isn't a requirement for being a Radiant.

This hypothetical takes place on a version of Earth where

--Earth is a Shardworld being watched over by Adonalsium, which means that:

--Earth has access to every form of Investiture we see in the cosmere, including:

--Spren including "truespren" "voidspren" and the nightwatcher, Seons and Skaze, Kandra, Aviar, and any other living Investiture I forgot

--Plantetary Rythms

--Stormlight and Voidlight renew in Lunar Cycles, Stormlight infuses at the Full moon, Voidlight at the New moon.

--Sand has the same properties as on Taldain

--Soulstamping, Aons, and Dakhor-magic are viable in any continent

--Humans each come with a Breath

--Atium and Lerasium are not obtainable, but Ettmetal is.

--Everything else is pretty much the same.

--No Fullborns, Halfborns (Mistborn+Ferring/Feruchemist+Misting) are the limit, sorry, I know they're cool, but we all know they're broken.

That said, for me it's a toss up between Full Feruchemist and Windrunner, but I think in the end I'd have to go with Windrunner. The power of flight, the energy of stormlight, the affable, beautiful, intelligent (don't forget fierce) and fierce honorspren for a companion. Feruchemy comes with many conveniences, I love that system, but laughing at gravity is the ability for me.

Looking forward to seeing all of your choices! :D

Definitely full feruchemist it is what I would use most in your daily life

1: Never be tired and just store energy when you want to go to sleep

2: Never be cold and vice versa

3; Never be weak just randomly store strength 

4: Never study for tests ( This is the dealbreaker) Just store all the info in a coppermind 

I would just store all the attributes in class then use them when I need them

Hmmm, that's a hard one. I would be either an Awakener of the 6th heightening (3,500 breaths with instinctive awakening, if breaths could be sourced ethically say by getting them from the breath bank where people on hospice have sold them willingly) or a Mistborn bloodmaker. 

The upside of being an Awakener with instinctive awakening is that all of the mundane tasks of life could handled by a legion of autonomous agents and it would just be fun to awaken stuff. How awesome would it be to have star wars action figures clean your bathroom for you (Dirt Wars: Episode IV, Some New Soap)? Or awaken stuffed animals to play with your dogs. Or Awaken the black side pieces of your Chess set to play a game of Awakened chess. Or awaken gingerbread man shaped cut out Jello jigglers to dance to music. Or how about cooking? You could awaken spoons to stir, burgers to flip themselves and jump off the BBQ onto a plate when they are done, etc. Fun times. 

But it would be pretty awesome to be a Mistborn able to compound gold. You don't have to be a super athlete to enjoy mistborn flight if you can basically heal from any injury. And you can sleep as much as you want by just throwing up a quick chromium speed bubble. Can't wait till Christmas, use a cadmium bubble. 

It's a tough call, but I think I would go with the 6th Heightening Awakener. 

Full Feruchemist. One hundred percent. I mourn everyday that I am not one already. Whenever I am sitting around and doing something by that doesn’t require an attribute, I think “Sazed could do this so much better than me.”

I want to be a feruchemist. Please.

Feruchemist all the way. While i would lobe having a spren companion, feruchemy is still too useful to not have. You have he four physical traits (Strength, speed, weight, senses) that you can store when you're being lazy and use later, Brass (heat) makes you not give a crap about the weather, Zinc and Copper are best study tools of all time (And honestly, Electrum, too. Me need the determination not to be lazy.) Bronze will finally solve all your sleep problems (Both the going to sleep and the waking up from it.), Cadmium and bendalloy are useful for any physical activity, Gold doesn't even need to be said, and Duralumin works as a universal translator for me (Which would be great).

Edited by Aspiring Writer

Just now, The Unknown Order said:

I don't see the pun.

2 possible puns actually

14 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

Forgery, because when you're a forger, sky's the limit.

‘Skai’s the limit’
because skai is Devotion, the shard that powers forgery
so skai would literally be the limit

alternatively 

‘Shai’s the limit’
because Shai is literally the best forger there is. 
so she could be considered the limit

Just now, Dannex said:

2 possible puns actually

‘Skai’s the limit’
because skai is Devotion, the shard that powers forgery
so skai would literally be the limit

alternatively 

‘Shai’s the limit’
because Shai is literally the best forger there is. 
so she could be considered the limit

I like the first one, it is now intentional, the pun was Skai's the limit.

I'm hesitating between two

Either a Soulbearing Halfborn, my steel and iron would be strong enough push on the dirt, probably salty water and maybe even Shardplates, my tin similar to Spook's Savant one (and I could tone it down whenever I want) my brass strong enough to hear the Breath inside any of you, maybe even the spark of life of the Drabs, my copper strong enough to protect myself from other Soulbearing Halfborns, my chromium strong enough to kill Sprens and do I really need to explain what would happen to my Pewter? And if you can store non-Divine Breaths oh boy... (it's currently unconfirmed)

Or an Augur Halfborn so I can do morally white Hemalurgy, it's not clear how using Allomancy and Feruchemy works on Spikes (or if it even possible if you were not the one the attribute was stolen from) but I'd definitely try both :D

Actually no, I'm deffinitely going with the Augur Halfborn

3 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

Not if I forge him.

Skai has never been confirmed to be a man :ph34r:

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Dannex said:

Agh I’m dumb. Rip.

”How Dannex lost all his credibility in one post” =P

4zzd03.jpg

Edited by mathiau

• 2 weeks later...

A feruchemist or probably a lightweaver. I'd get stormlight healing, disguises, and SOULCASTING! (On a side note if I had soulcasting and feruchemy, could I change my metal mind to whichever metal I need and store power in it? When I need to draw a power, could I change it back to the corresponding metal?)

If Soulforgery would work in a large enough area of Earth, and this offer of "pick your Investiture magic" was known to me...

...couldn't I do like Shai and make Soulstamps of myself, "if I'd chosen to be a Feruchemist", "if I'd chosen to be a Mistborn/Misting of type X", etc.? And they wouldn't be very hard Soulstamps to make, because under the circumstances, they would all be equally plausible choices to my having chosen to be a Forger!

Though as far as being a Surgebinder goes, I wonder what would happen to the spren on the other end of the Nahel bond if I had a Soulstamp for, say, "if I'd bonded a cultivationspren", and then unsealed myself to be something other than an Edgedancer. Urk?

Edited by robardin

15 minutes ago, robardin said:

If Soulforgery would work in a large enough area of Earth, and this offer of "pick your Investiture magic" was known to me...

...couldn't I do like Shai and make Soulstamps of myself, "if I'd chosen to be a Feruchemist", "if I'd chosen to be a Mistborn/Misting of type X", etc.? And they wouldn't be very hard Soulstamps to make, because under the circumstances, they would all be equally plausible choices to my having chosen to be a Forger!

Though as far as being a Surgebinder goes, I wonder what would happen to the spren on the other end of the Nahel bond if I had a Soulstamp for, say, "if I'd bonded a cultivationspren", and then unsealed myself to be something other than an Edgedancer. Urk?

That was my thought process as well. 

• 2 months later...

Elantrian. It's a very versatile magic system, useful all around. I don't even mind living in an Elantris on Earth, though I'd prefer not to be on Sel, it wouldn't be unbearable to live there compared to other Shardworlds, like on Roshar (I like the stories but don't want to live there... maybe in a future era). Elantrians are powerful and if on Earth, it's not necessarily a combat type magic but I can still keep myself safe (Elantrians have regeneration, non-Reod ones that is). Hopefully no Reod like event happens but if it does, I already know how to go about it thanks to the book

Elantrian. No contest. The most overpowered non-shards magic being in cosmere. By drawing specific symbols, usually in the air, Elantrians are capable of instantaneous travel, healing, turning garbage to food, creating light, creating fire, creating a telescope made of air, creating disguises, etc. U can also have seod while being elantrian

If not possible, I will take full feruchemy or full mistborn

Edited by Rahewi