Ideas for celebrating 1 million posts

Experience

Main Ideas so far (tell me if I missed any):

Holiday.

Everyone posts about why they joined the Shard and what it has meant for them in either status updates or a thread.

A HUGE public art gallery.

Maybe we could have a holiday, and to celebrate we do these things? And maybe more?

I think it would be cool if Adam or someone over at Brandon's blog would write a short "Congratulations" piece about us getting to a million posts, and link to a new thread here on the Forums where people could post their own messages of Congratulations - - and if they're not already members, they could join then & swell our ranks. Our 17th Shard community truly is a wonderful thing!:)

28 minutes ago, Experience said:

Main Ideas so far (tell me if I missed any):

Holiday.

Everyone posts about why they joined the Shard and what it has meant for them in either status updates or a thread.

A HUGE public art gallery.

Maybe we could have a holiday, and to celebrate we do these things? And maybe more?

Sanderson petition!

2 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

This makes it sound like a cult. :D

Well kinda,

But it's a cult full of very nice people, (And one filler) so that makes it a bit better. :P

4 hours ago, Doomstick said:

This is happening tomorrow

Hide contents

or the next day, but still, really soon.

What if we celebrate the 16^5 post instead (1048576th post)? We'll have more time to plan.

That would probably give us about a month/month and a halfish. 

I'm fine if we wait. Or if we don't.

I really like the idea of a thread where everyone posts how they joined the Shard/what it means to them. I also like Ene’s idea of a party thread, I’m always down to celebrate!! Someone should be ready to make the thread(s)/gallery soon if that’s what we want to do, because we are super close!

• AonEne locked this topic