Long Game 19: Twinborn City

phattemer

Verre

I set these words in paper, for anything not set in metal cannot be trusted, but steel is far too expensive to use when keeping a journal, Verre wrote. It's also too heavy.

Swift died last night during the party. Hole in the chest, where his heart was supposed to be. It's like something out of a penny dreadful, like the one with all the serial killers and things. And they haven't found the murderer yet.

That's the scary part. The murderer is still out there. Kae says that if it's a serial killer, he'll strike again. Sometimes I wish my brother wasn't so set on telling things as he sees them, because I'm not any more likely to get murdered if I think it's not a serial killer, right? If I die, I might as well die with ignorant bliss.

Kwon has some sort of plan to find the killer. Something to do with a windwhisper, not that I know what that is. Problem is that he's using so much jargon I have no idea what he's saying.

Speaking of Kwon, I need to get my vials refilled. I should go see him now.

Verre closed her journal and set it on the ground. Then she grabbed a few empty vials, shoved them in her pocket, and walked out the door. Time to pay Kwon a visit.

No PMs yet.

@Wonko could you explain the abilities of a windwhisper and how that would help find a Spiked? I don't understand your plan.

EDIT: formatting

Edited by Arraenae

I take it that you mean Allomantic cadmium.

Yeah, last time there were some crazy time-manipulation shenanigans the first night. Clanky is trying to avoid that.

@Rae: Let's say you aren't in any PMs, and I'm a Windwhisper. I try to listen in on your PM and doc conversation. You aren't in any PMs, so unless you're in a doc, I can't hear anything from you. If I get no response back, you're a guaranteed Twinborn. If I get a response back, you're a Spiked, a kandra, or a liar. I wouldn't recommend that last.

First, ninja'd again. :ph34r: Seems to be going around tonight.

Second, I believe I will make the call for this Night cycle, since it is fairly short and I don't know when Phatt will get on next.

For this Night only, Feruchemical Tin does not read GM PMs. This may change in future cycles, if Phatt vetoes it, but for this cycle GM PMs do not count.

Must we use AoL era misting/ferring names? They do my head in, and I'm going to have to look most of them up most of the time they're referenced...

Yes, please none of that. It makes me so confused.

Wonko, you can hide that double post with the "Hide" button on your double post.

With Elbereth's clarification, we can at least get one scan in! So to whoever has Feruchemical Tin, get working(well, all you have to do is send in an Action)! I'm kinda sad that I can't make a ton of PM's though.

Would anyone like to reveal their Allomantic power?

Allomantic? No. Feruchemic? Sure. I can fill and tap Identity, and here is my plan.

[1] Move to B3 [2] Fill Aluminum [3] Sleep

I suggest a Tin Eye uses their first action to move with me to B3 (and no one else) then scans the room. They will see an unknown player and thus be able to confirm I have the feruchemical ability that I claim. If a Spiked follows me to the room (and no one else comes) then my death will not be in vain as the Tin Eye can out their name and get them lynched. If no one follows than next night turn I can tap Identity so that when the Tin Eye uses their power again I'll be confirmed good (so that's one less person y'all need to worry about lynching) and meanwhile the Seekers can scan other players with hopes of actually finding the Spiked. This plan is ideal for protecting the Tin Eye and me, getting us at least one confirmed villager / maybe spiked, and allows us to optimize the use of Seekers and Lurchers (among other roles I'm sure).

Thoughts?

Edited by Amanuensis

Allomantic? No. Feruchemic? Sure. I can fill and tap Identity, and here is my plan.

[1] Move to B3 [2] Fill Aluminum [3] Sleep

I suggest a Tin Eye uses their first action to move with me to B3 (and no one else) then scans the room. They will see an unknown player and thus be able to confirm I have the feruchemical ability that I claim. If a Spiked follows me to the room (and no one else comes) then my death will not be in vain as the Tin Eye can out their name and get them lynched. If no one follows than next night turn I can tap Identity so that when the Tin Eye uses their power again I'll be confirmed good (so that's one less person y'all need to worry about lynching) and meanwhile the Seekers can scan other players with hopes of actually finding the Spiked. This plan is ideal for protecting the Tin Eye and me, getting us at least one confirmed villager / maybe spiked, and allows us to optimize the use of Seekers and Lurchers (among other roles I'm sure).

Thoughts?

That sounds fine to me. Of course, I'm not very familiar with the rules yet. But from what I HAVE read, I don't see any problems with this. I would like to get you confirmed. That'd be nice.

Just to clarify though, he's asking for an Allomantic Tin user. Not a Feruchemical kind like what Wonko's plan needs.

Seeing as everyone else is suggesting plans for people with specific abilities, if you have protection abilities, and don't have a better target, I wouldn't mind some protection - due to meta-reasons (see LG18), I might well be a N1 target for a rogue coinshot or the Spiked. Apparently my head is a valuable commodity (gee thanks Alv...), and while I don't mind dying eventually (and would actually welcome it, presuming I do indeed kick the bucket in LG18, given a death this game will win me the Dodo award! 12 consecutive deaths in SE games!), I'd prefer not to die night 1...

But I'm clearly gonna be the one attacked, since I'm one of two players who can't be scanned/confirmed by Wonko's plan and therefore aren't likely to get protection.  :P

Actually, I think the one time I've been protected by someone who isn't me, that player died(Mailliw in LG17. thanks for that by the way). 

Right, which is why I called for everyone to stop doing that, and for everyone who isn't already in a PM to announce themselves. If you'll notice, we already have three people for a theoretical tin ferring to confirm. I take it you yourself are already in a PM?

Edited by Wonko the Sane

Player list:

1. Haelbarde. Have you started or received any PM's? He's seen the plan, but hasn't commented on whether he's in a PM or not. Could be he's intentionally not saying so that it's less likely he'll be scanned?

2. Master Elodin. Same as Hael. Have you sent or received any PM's?

3. SilverDragon. I don't think he's been online yet.

4. Wonko. Started a PM with me, so unscannable I guess.

5. Mailliw. Has been online, so he has probably seen the plan, but he hasn't posted anything yet. Mailliw? Any PM's yet?

6. Clanky. Stated that he has no PM's. Excellent!

7. Mark. Stated that he has no PM's. Also good!

8. Arraenae. Stated that she has no PM's. Dang, this is a good streak!

9. Kynedath. I don't think he saw the plan.

10. DeathClutch. Has been online since the plan was suggested. Do you have any PM's?

11. Aman. Posted his own plan to clear himself, which sounds okay to me. Still, do you have any PM's?

12. Burnt. Has been online since the plan was suggested. Burnt? Any PM's yet?

13. STINK. I don't think he saw the plan.

14. Lopen. Has a PM with Wonko.

15. Araris. Hasn't been online.

16. yafeshan. Like Wonko said. Are you saying you're in a PM?

Mailliw and DeathClutch, do you have a PM with each other? Or with different players? If it's with other players, then could you tell us so we know that they're unable to be scanned?

If you have more than just one PM, could you reveal who all you started a PM with, or who you're in a PM with?