Night One: Inaction breeds doubt and fear

The Hare leaned against the wall as everyone argued.  His job was simply to stop anyone trying to leave and no one was going to get past The Hare.  No one, not even Kali, was faster than The Hare but he also hated the sight of blood so he spent most of his time running messages for the mysterious leader of the gang.  Now that the ruling council was dead The Hare wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do but he held to his orders that no one be allowed to leave until all traitors were found and dealt with.

Glancing to the left he caught the eye of Anamax who was sharpening his double bladed axe.  As the enforcer of the ruling council, it fell to Anamax to meet out any punishments that were handed out.  Which meant that should the group in front of them find a traitor then The Hare would catch them as they ran, as they always try to do, and Anamax to ‘deal’ with them.

Suddenly The Hare noticed that everyone had fallen silent and all eyes were on Anamax.

Stepping forward was the third member of the group, Seid. “Well, it’s time.  Have you found any traitors?” he spoke in his booming voice.

Everyone started looking at their toes and shuffled from one foot to another.

“Nothing?  Well none of you are leaving here until we find those that planted the bomb so you might want to settle in for it’s going to be a long night.”

No one was lynched.
Night has started which means that PMs can now be used.  Please include GM (Alvron) in all PMs.
You have 24 hours until the sun rises.

Vote Tally:
Nothing

Edited by Alvron

Ada, I didn't actually want someone to die, but I did want them to think they might die, so I searched. Thus, my vote didn't count.

Makes sense. I wonder if everyone who voted did the same thing or if this was a Shadow Leaders doing. Either way I'm happy. Also, I meant to RP this too, but I don't have the time right now and would rather say this sooner. If you're a Rookie, I ask that you choose me as your Mentor. That way just in case I die we don't lose what might be the only one of my role. If you have not figured out that I have been dropping hints in my profile feed the last three games; well you all know now.

Edited by Adavantos

Makes sense. I wonder if everyone who voted did the same thing or if this was a Shadow Leaders doing. Either way I'm happy. Also, I meant to RP this too, but I don't have the time right now and would rather say this sooner. If you're a Rookie, I ask that you choose me as your Mentor. That way just in case I die we don't lose what might be the only one of my role. If you have not figured out that I have been dropping hints in my profile feed the last three games; well you all know now.

I highly doubt that anyone would've wanted to cancel a D1 lynch where the leading target had only 2 votes. 

I highly doubt that anyone would've wanted to cancel a D1 lynch where the leading target had only 2 votes.

Unless they were the player who was about to die or agreed with my minimizing votes plan and didn't think enough prior retracted.

I am currently doing research on this now and will inform everyone of the results of it once finished.

EDITED TO ADD A LINE AND COUNT DOWN TIMER

bla_1453348800.png

Edited by Adavantos

Yawning loudly, Mr. Durbin fell back into his antique leather recliner, happy to finally have a moment to himself for respite.

It was a fine piece of furniture, an Arthur Chesterfield original, with a tufted wingback style, milled front legs and a decorative brass nailhead trim; just like his father, and his father's father, had before the Great Transfersion. Prior to Steelheart's reign it required a miracle to obtain a chair not alchemized into steel, let alone one as comfy as this. Needless to say, it took many years for Michael to posture himself among the mortal nobility, earning enough wealth and acquiring the connections needed to get his hands on such a fine throne for his humble abode.

Settling in, the elderly man sighed contently, his eyelids finally settling over his opaque iris' as he began to drift towards sleep.

It was then, just as he walked along the precipice of unconsciousness, that a great clanging began resonating from his front door. Instantly his mind snapped to attention, any semblance of weariness that remained dissipating like a cloud of mist being blown away by the wind. "Come in!" he called, having anticipated this meeting. It was the last of many he had scheduled tonight; a young man not too much younger than Drake who was in desperate need of a Mentor.

Michael did not bother to rise. Though he wasn't nearly as frail a man as he feigned himself to be, it was simply easier that he acted the way people expected him too. They asked less questions that way, and were all the more easy to manipulate. "Kelvin, is it? Please, take a seat. Don't be shy. If you're to be my disciple, then you're going to have to get used to this office, and fast. This, after all, is where all the magic happens."

Kelvin nodded his head as he approached Michael's desk, his movements audibly soft; timid. He seemed to hesitate before pulling his own chair out - this one composed of pure steel - and sitting down. "I'm not even sure..." he said dryly, licking his lips as if it might help ease the words out between them. Michael tilted his head inquisitively. After a few seconds of the boy not finishing the older man decided to speak up for him.

"You're not even sure if you should be here, right?" Michael asked. "Afraid that the Traitors will find out you're applying to work under me and afraid they might kill you for it, eh? Well let me tell you something, boy. You'll be fine. I'll have you know it's safe here. Hell, this room right here is probably the safest room in Newcago right now. You saw the two guards armed with Epictech on your way in, yes?" Kelvin nodded. "Then what do you have to worry about? Do you honestly think anyone could get at us in here so long as their packing that kind of heat?" The boy shook his head. "Good. So tell me, what about being a Professional Informant interests you?"

"Professional Informant?" Kelvin frowned. "That's not what everyone else calls you..."

"Son, a Snitch is someone who passes out other people's personal business for no one's benefit but their own. I, and anyone who decides to train under me, operate much more honorably than that. Learning things and making sure that knowledge gets into the right hands... that's my life's purpose. And it's a mighty fulfilling one at that. Sure, every day doesn't always end in glory. I'd be lying if I said I haven't spent a night or two pinned down in a dark alley, fists and feet beating into me from every imaginable angle. But believe me. It's worth it. I can't even count how many innocent lives I've saved - and rotten men I've condemned - doing what I do. And I'm sure you wouldn't be here right now if you didn't want to do it too."

Michael's enthusiasm must have been infectious as Kelvin immediately began to perk up a bit, feeling more confident about his decision to come here tonight.

"Look," Michael continued. "You're not the only one. Everyone wants to do something - to be something - important. Study under me and I will make sure you become something so much more than you are now. Hell, if you've got enough guts, you might even carve yourself a better legacy than my own among the annals of history. How's that sound?"

Kelvin didn't respond, though despite being blind, Michael could have sworn he saw the shine of Kelvin's smile just then. Who needed words when met with a grin as wide and bright as that?

"Alright, good. First thing tomorrow I want you to eat a big old breakfast; load up on as much carbs as you can handle, son, cause tomorrow's going to be a rightfully busy day. You aren't the first kid that I've taken under my wing, so don't worry, you won't be spending your entire day alone with a grumpy old man. All three of us will be meeting up in front of HQ at 8; pack light and make sure you're not late. Got it?"

"Got it, sir. Thank you so much for this opportunity," he bowed.

"Oh now, enough of that. Go on, get. Don't you know it's past my bed time?"

Edited by Adavantos

I have an ultra mega ray gun that eliminates all players when used. Two time usage so be careful! User also is granted invulnerability when firing. So yeah just everyone use your electromagnets on me because that's the only way to defeat me!

Ok, well, I didn't realize that I could search for an item, so I went ahead and retracted my vote a minute before the cycle ended because of my understanding that it could help the mortician. I hope I understood that bit correctly.

Same. I forgot about searching :(

Also, if the Traitors have a Compulsive Liar, then all our action minimisation is pointless because they won't show up when making the kill anyway.

Also, if the Traitors have a Compulsive Liar, then all our action minimisation is pointless because they won't show up when making the kill anyway.

Hmm. That's a good point. I had assumed that side role only counted if you directly tried to scan them, not if you were scanning a dead player that they visited, but I can see that. @Alvron: Can you clarify?

That being said, it's a hidden role, so even if they have a Compulsive Liar it would take one of them getting scanned something they know isn't right to figure that out. I also imagine that Alvron would balance it out by making said Compulsive Liar having a useful active ability so that they have to debate between using it and making the kill themselves

Edited by Adavantos

Hmm. That's a good point. I had assumed that side role only counted if you directly tried to scan them, not if you were scanning a dead player that they visited, but I can see that. @Alvron: Can you clarify?

Can I? Yes.  Will I? No. :P  There are somethings you will just have to figure out yourself.

Edit: Why not.  No, the Compulsive Liar trait doesn't affect a Mortician examining a body.  Unless the body itself is a Compulsive Liar. :ph34r:

Edited by Alvron

Can I? Yes.  Will I? No. :P  There are somethings you will just have to figure out yourself.

Edit: Why not.  No, the Compulsive Liar trait doesn't affect a Mortician examining a body.  Unless the body itself is a Compulsive Liar. :ph34r:

Oh yay! So my assumption was right. Okay, cool. So we don't really need to worry about that, then, unless there's a lot of Compulsive Liars running around.

Anyway, it's getting rather late for me (1:23am as I type), meaning it's only a little bit over four hours from me being awake for 24 hours. I was hoping that I could stay awake long enough to finish gathering this data together, but at least the PMs are sent, so if the remaining few get on before turn over and reply I can fill in the gaps of the follow chart.

Began with Item:

• 8 / 14 players began with an item (57%)
  • 6 / 14 players began with no item (43%)
  • 2 / 19 players would not say (10.5%)
  • 3 / 19 players have not responded (16%)
  • Assumption: 50% players began with item

Searched for Item:

• 8 / 11 players found an item (72%)
  • 3 / 11 players failed to find an item (28%)
  • 6 / 19 players forgot to search (31.5%)
  • 2 / 19 players have not responded (10.5%)
  • Assumption: ~75% success rate

Some people might not find this information useful, but it was something that crossed my mind. Since there's little else for us to discuss yet (hopefully that'll change soon) I figured trying to tease out the details regarding items would be a good way to spend this turn, and I would rather everyone have this information available.

Another interesting thing to note; one player claimed that they forgot to search (could be a lie) but they're vote still did not count in the write up despite them never retracting it, which means it was either Smooth Talked, placed on a player with the Trusted side role, or the Shadow Leader nullified the lynch.

EDITED BECAUSE THE TABLE DID NOT TRANSLATE OVER PROPERLY :[

Edited by Adavantos

@ada: You mean scraps I assume not Items. But for interest sake did anyone start with any full items?

No he meant Items.

"Some players will be given a random scrap item at start of game. " Also no.

Edited by Hellscythe

Oh yay! So my assumption was right. Okay, cool. So we don't really need to worry about that, then, unless there's a lot of Compulsive Liars running around.

Anyway, it's getting rather late for me (1:23am as I type), meaning it's only a little bit over four hours from me being awake for 24 hours. I was hoping that I could stay awake long enough to finish gathering this data together, but at least the PMs are sent, so if the remaining few get on before turn over and reply I can fill in the gaps of the follow chart.

Began with Item:

• 8 / 14 players began with an item (57%)
  • 6 / 14 players began with no item (43%)
  • 2 / 19 players would not say (10.5%)
  • 3 / 19 players have not responded (16%)
  • Assumption: 50% players began with item

Searched for Item:

• 8 / 11 players found an item (72%)
  • 3 / 11 players failed to find an item (28%)
  • 6 / 19 players forgot to search (31.5%)
  • 2 / 19 players have not responded (10.5%)
  • Assumption: ~75% success rate

Some people might not find this information useful, but it was something that crossed my mind. Since there's little else for us to discuss yet (hopefully that'll change soon) I figured trying to tease out the details regarding items would be a good way to spend this turn, and I would rather everyone have this information available.

Another interesting thing to note; one player claimed that they forgot to search (could be a lie) but they're vote still did not count in the write up despite them never retracting it, which means it was either Smooth Talked, placed on a player with the Trusted side role, or the Shadow Leader nullified the lynch.

EDITED BECAUSE THE TABLE DID NOT TRANSLATE OVER PROPERLY :[

I accidentally downvoted you. Sorry. I was trying to upvote you, because I think that information is useful. Edited by Elbereth

Day Two: It's just a scratch

Michael Durbin watched with great interest as several people sat around a table.  Each person had one hand on the tabletop, fingers spread apart, while the other hand gripped a dagger or knife.  The point of the blades striking the tabletop between their fingers with alarming speed before being raised again only to be plunged back down between another pair of fingers.  Several of the watchers clapped a tempo for the players to keep up with, growing faster and faster, followed by cheers as one unfortunate person missed their target and hit their own finger coating the table with another fresh coat of blood.

The newly injured person stood and moved off to bandage the wound while another watcher took his place at the table, the beat starting up once more.

Another player faulted and this time instead of just a nick they severed their finger, which was quickly snatched up and held high for all to see.

As Michael stepped forward to take his turn in the game he was knocked to the side just as a dagger flashed behind him barely missing his spine instead skittering off a rib leaving him injured but alive.

Chaos immediately broke out as people started looking for the one that attacked Michael but with so many having taken part in the game many had blood on their blades.

After everyone calmed down and Michael was tended to, the group broke apart eyes narrowed in suspicion.

Dawn came slow but it did come.

Michael Durbin (Adavantos) was saved from an attack.

Day 2 has started which means no more PMs.
You have 48 hours until Night.
PMs will be sent out as soon as possible.

Player List:
Mailliw73 - Milton Towren aka Altermind
Deathclutch - Hashirama
Elbereth - Ereth
Hellscythe - Avis
Adavantos - Michael Durbin
Kynedath - Drake Pierce
Araris Valerian - Allen
Kipper - Krippe the Krippling
IrulelikeSTINK - Rance Idsmill
Shallan - Citona Vinid
Burnt Spaghetti - Blaize Ghetti
Mark VI - Marr
OrlokTsubodai - Locke
phattemer - Exisa
Elkanah - Neal
Clanky - Clanky
TheMightyLopen - Finn
twelfthrootoftwo - Theresa
Metacognition - Metrick

Edited by Alvron

Only one attack? I was expecting more than that. Is there no Serial Killer? (Because I'm guessing the attack up there was a Traitor kill.) Or is the Serial Killer inactive, maybe? I don't know.

In other news, nothing has actually happened so far.

Edited by Elbereth

Hello people, and welcome to the Day. It's good to be alive. I'll be the first to spice things up by saying that I received two (!) Snitch notes during the Night. The first, I will keep private for now, but the second had a very interesting result. It said that Meta was an evil Beggar. So: Meta. And good job second Snitch. Night 1 didn't turn out bad at all.

Only one attack? I was expecting more than that. Is there no Serial Killer? (Because I'm guessing the attack up there was a Traitor kill.) Or is the Serial Killer inactive, maybe? I don't know.

In other new, nothing has actually happened so far.

Since we can get new serial killers from the Ssecret blood-ties side role I'm honestly not surprised we don't have an SK yet. There may very well be multiple sets of secret bloodties leading to more SKs later in the game.

Also Meta, there's no reason for kipper to lie about this so I am going to assume he isn't.

I don't really like how early this was put forward since it negates the possibility of us getting anything from the lynch discussion and from observing Meta for the remainder of the cycle. We need to have another way to simulate a lynch threat now though. Should we do a pseudolynch and just get the assassins to target our chosen player at night?

EDIT: Vote Colour

Edited by Clanky