LG91 Day 7: Triple Threat

Tweedle-son-Dee had been running for a while. Someone - or a few someones - had been chasing him for a while. He'd been running from them. Ever since the first Truthless died. He'd done a lot to survive. Even gotten an Honorblade. But he was running out of street. He just needed to find someone. Anyone.

He found one earthen alleyway. Nothing.

He found a second. Nothing, again.

He found a third. And he found... strange. Was that blood?

Oh. That was his blood. They'd found him instead.

And a familiar Honorblade fell on the soft ground of Earthen Truth for the third time.

Archer / Ookla the Paragrapher was killed! They were a member of the Shin High Council and the Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade!

Paliah's Honorblade is available to be claimed by Archer's killer! If it remains unclaimed, it will be redistributed at the end of the Day Turn.

A Highstorm arrived! Everyone with an Honorblade recieves 2 Stormlight. (Think I got everyone already but I'll have to double check.)

In addition, @Ookla the catastrophizer / Cinnamon has subbed in as a pinch hitter for Ookla the POKE VOTE / Turtle! Please welcome them to the game!

The turn will end on Saturday, December 10th at 11:00 PM PST.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Ookla the catastrophizer / Cinnamon - Ookla the POKE VOTE / TurtleEvelt-son-Urtal
  2. @Araris Valerian - Hadrian-son-Penrod
  3. Ookla the Unknown / The Unknown Novel - Dali-son-Nar Shin High Council
  4. The Wandering Wizard - Tweedle-son-son-Dumb - Shin High Council
  5. Ookla the Tall / Matrim's Dice - Dazi-son-ron - Shin High Council
  6. JNV - Jen-child-Verin Shin High Council, Bearer of Jezrien's Honorblade
  7. Ookla the Perpetual / The Bookwyrm Rizam-son-Azram Shin High Council
  8. @Ookla the Debonair / Shining Silhouette - Cheshire-son-Cat
  9. @Ookla the Remembered / Amanuensis - Ookla the Forgotten / xinoehp512 - Jet-son-Blanc
  10. Kasimir - Kvaseth-son-Wysan - Shin High Council
  11. @InfiniteInsanity
  12. Chantara - Tukari Invader, Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  13. _Stick_ - Tukari Invader, Bearer of Shalash's Honorblade
  14. Cash67 - Egg-son-Chicken Shin High Council, Bearer of Battar's Honorblade
  15. Illwei Shin High Council, Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  16. Ookla the Paragrapher / Archer - Tweedle-son-Dee Shin High Council, Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade
  17. Alvron - Izzy-daughter-Ammi Stone Shaman, Bearer of Kalak's Honorblade
  18. @Ookla the Implosion / Tani - Daalna
  19. Elkanah - Sun-son-son-Tsu Shin High Council
  20. Ookla the Omnicient / Szeth_Pancakes - Shin High Council

Well, the game isn't over. That's a good sign.

3 hours ago, Ookla the catastrophizer said:

Hi, as ash already mentioned, I’m subbing in for Turtle! Im very exited to play and Sanderson-ly Eliminate with y’all. :lol:

Hello Cinnamon! I don't believe we've ever played together. Hoping you'll be able to spice this game up. Let me know if you have any questions to help catch you up on things.

4 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Archer / Ookla the Paragrapher was killed! They were a member of the Shin High Council and the Bearer of Paliah's Honorblade!

RIP Archer and my tinfoil. Also, Paliah's Honorblade may very well be cursed. First Illwei get's killed N1, then e!Chantara gets voted D5, and now this.

@Araris Valerian did Insanity hit you with that sweet, sweet Tension? 

My current reads list:

V:   Araris
N:  Cinnamon      Tani
E:   Insanity         Silho

Turtle/Cinnamon obviously hasn't submitted any kills and there can't be 3 elims left, so I'm ruling them out.

Depending on whether or not Insanity used Tension on Araris, they'll be clear of last night's kill or the obvious culprit.

Silho is Silho. By PoE alone, his guilt is confirmed. Which kinda weirds me out since I've consistently had Insanity and Silho as my suspected team. Why kill Archer over me?

Lowkey worried that I've been pocketed by Tani and she's kept me alive to spearhead other votes. I guess the tinfoil didn't completely die with Archer. Going to need to reevaluate.

But first... coffee.

Edited by Ookla the Remembered

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

Neat. Which makes today's subset of killers <Silho, Tani, Aman> :ph34r:  Inb4 e!Araris & e!Insanity 

Something tells me that in an e!Tani world I’d be somewhat dead right now.

Also this game ends at outnumber, so technically there could be 3 elims left. I just really hope that’s not the case.

4 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Something tells me that in an e!Tani world I’d be somewhat dead right now.

Also this game ends at outnumber, so technically there could be 3 elims left. I just really hope that’s not the case.

That's a fair assessment. Depends how concerned they would be about Pailiah.

Oh wonderful. I didn't realize.

ED1T:

@Ookla the catastrophizer You have the Shallash blade, right? You should Illuminate yourself and your top village read before the end of the day. Don't let us know who that is so the elims can't know. We know they possess both the Kalak and Jezrien honorblades, which means they can both remove a vote and move a vote.

Oh yeah, Silho is the only player left that didn’t start with a blade. 

And you’re right that e!Tani could still be a thing because of Paliah.

We have the <Aman, Tani, Cinnamon, Insanity> pool of elims that started with a blade. Aman and Tani are the only two that could also have sent the NK. Now, e!Tani has no reason to use either of her Blade abilities, though she could be holding Kalak or Jezrien as well. In an e!Aman world, he probably is holding Jezrien, and the only practical use of that blade is to find who v!Tani is protecting. 

There’s also just the world where the elims are Aman and Tani.

I guess I’d like to hear from other people before I start tunneling on someone. I don’t have to solve this by myself.

25 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Oh yeah, Silho is the only player left that didn’t start with a blade. 

And you’re right that e!Tani could still be a thing because of Paliah.

We have the <Aman, Tani, Cinnamon, Insanity> pool of elims that started with a blade. Aman and Tani are the only two that could also have sent the NK. Now, e!Tani has no reason to use either of her Blade abilities, though she could be holding Kalak or Jezrien as well. In an e!Aman world, he probably is holding Jezrien, and the only practical use of that blade is to find who v!Tani is protecting. 

There’s also just the world where the elims are Aman and Tani.

I guess I’d like to hear from other people before I start tunneling on someone. I don’t have to solve this by myself.

Atm I still feel like Insanity and Silho make the most sense. Silho would have been the one to kill Alvron + grab the Kalak blade, which he then used N5 to block you for fear of getting NK'd, while Insanity put in the JNV kill. Now Insanity got to prove last night they weren't Archer's killer by giving you Stormlight while Silho could freely put in the kill. No one else works on a team with Insanity except for Tani, given the fact that she voted Elkanah instead of Insanity to make it tied again yesterday, which led to us all consolidating on Elk.

Insanity. We really should have just done this D6, if only so that I could have been cleared by yeeting two elims in a row :P 

23 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

No one else works on a team with Insanity except for Tani

Well, I would say you do, except that I was forgetting you spent all of the last cycle trying to get Insanity killed.

I still feel weird that Insanity would make the same kind of action claim as Chantara did right after we killed Chantara (partly) for making that claim. But I guess the thing with Tension is you can’t just claim to have used it on people. Both e and v Insanity would have used Tension on me last night, so that doesn’t really help us. I guess in an e!Insanity world the elims could have RBed Tani and attempted to kill me. But then it would make more sense to claim to Tension Tani, and RB+attack her.

Also, wouldn’t the elims want Kalak free during the night? I feel like being able to roleblock and kill Tani would be useful.

Another also, what’s the deal with focusing on players that could NK last cycle, but not this cycle? If you were being consistent with your past self you’d be voting Silho right now.

Edit: I don’t think Insanity/Tani is a coherent team, they could have come up with better claims for Insanity in that world

Edited by Araris Valerian

13 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Well, I would say you do, except that I was forgetting you spent all of the last cycle trying to get Insanity killed.

I still feel weird that Insanity would make the same kind of action claim as Chantara did right after we killed Chantara (partly) for making that claim. But I guess the thing with Tension is you can’t just claim to have used it on people. Both e and v Insanity would have used Tension on me last night, so that doesn’t really help us. I guess in an e!Insanity world the elims could have RBed Tani and attempted to kill me. But then it would make more sense to claim to Tension Tani, and RB+attack her.

Also, wouldn’t the elims want Kalak free during the night? I feel like being able to roleblock and kill Tani would be useful.

Another also, what’s the deal with focusing on players that could NK last cycle, but not this cycle? If you were being consistent with your past self you’d be voting Silho right now.

It's the same reason I pushed Insanity over Elkanah D6. I don't believe the elims started with a single Honorblade (Shallash). That means there's an elim between Insanity and Tani (+me for the rest of you). I feel good about Tani for several reasons while Insanity is just... around. And flipping e!Insanity clears me, so I have an incentive to get them out versus Silho, who I have no hard mechanical evidence for.

Another thing is, if Insanity was Village, why would the elims not just roleblock them to implicate them further? The fact that Insanity actually followed through with it seems more like it was an attempt to buy them time.

I don't exactly understand this question. You mean why did the elims kill Archer instead of Tani last night? In which case, either because Tani is an elim or because they knew she had a protect and could work around it with Kalak while Archer had more thread presence / was more of an unknown.

:huh: Insanity is confirmed elim based on the info I have. Why would I gamble on Silho when Insanity could be teamed with either Silho, Turtle/Cinnamon, Tani, or you?

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

:huh: Insanity is confirmed elim based on the info I have. Why would I gamble on Silho when Insanity could be teamed with either Silho, Turtle/Cinnamon, Tani, or you?

Hmm, I wish I had someone I 100% knew to be elim :(

Edit: I guess for anyone who wasn't sure, this is essentially a guarantee that you and Insanity are v/e. 

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

Hmm, I wish I had someone I 100% knew to be elim :(

That's part of the issue with being the one that's generally considered to be clear :P you're a non-factor, reducing the pool of Bladed suspects to two, whereas you have to juggle myself, Insanity, and Tani.

Honestly Tani's biggest thing going for her in my mind is forgetting that JNV died yesterday. Insanity has... voting for me yesterday when the votes were close enough for vote manip to get me killed. Not a good look.

You have to exercise paranoia of me, and I get it. I'm starting to get paranoid about you for saving Insanity yesterday and now this pushback. But I guess let me try putting it this way.

Let's say I'm an elim, Insanity is a villager, and instead of Elkanah getting voted out yesterday, I get what I want and Insanity is gone. What happens next? You know that either Tani or me are an elim, and I just got village Ishar killed. At that point, I'm as good as dead, no?

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

votes were close enough for vote manip to get me killed. Not a good look.

I'm not sure this is relevant. I was pushing a counter-train on a villager. In what world is it useful for e!Insanity to try and get you killed over Elk?

Edit: Especially if we are in the 2-elims world, that just gets Insanity auto-killed today.

12 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm not sure this is relevant. I was pushing a counter-train on a villager. In what world is it useful for e!Insanity to try and get you killed over Elk?

Edit: Especially if we are in the 2-elims world, that just gets Insanity auto-killed today.

It's relevant to me :P As you pointed out, we could still exist in a 3-elim world.

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

Yeah but we can't win the 3-elim world by solving, we just have to get lucky with actions. So there's no point considering things that only work in that world.

Sure. Call it conf bias then. I can't fathom v!Insanity voting me over Elkanah after I picked apart Chantara D5. It's just another drop in the bucket.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

Sure. Call it conf bias then. I can't fathom v!Insanity voting me over Elkanah after I picked apart Chantara D5. It's just another drop in the bucket.

I mean, if it doesn't make sense for v!Insanity, and it doesn't make sense for e!Insanity, then it's just a wash?

Also your play D5 was pretty constrained if you are elim IMO.

I'm just getting worse and worse vibes off of you at this point, so Aman.

7 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I mean, if it doesn't make sense for v!Insanity, and it doesn't make sense for e!Insanity, then it's just a wash?

Also your play D5 was pretty constrained if you are elim IMO.

I'm just getting worse and worse vibes off of you at this point, so Aman.

How does it not make sense for e!Insanity?

Team of Insanity, Silho, Turtle. They use Ishar and Kalak vote manipulation to get me removed D6 after gunning for Insanity. N7 they kill whoever, it doesn't matter. D8 they have all the vote manipulation and smoking Blades so they dominate the vote again.

Team of Insanity, Araris, Turtle. Or maybe just Insanity and you. Insanity is not super communicative in doc and they reflex vote for me. You have to reel them in by literally @ing them in thread to get them to switch to Elkanah, since you're the one consistently trying to save them.

This works in a v!Tani world too, because the elims get a limited number of Chanarch kills + village has two protects and you, the only person left alive to confirm whether or not Ishar's blade exists, fake clears Insanity today by saying they used Tension on you.

Quote from the rules:

Note that the Shin do not currently possess Nale’s or Talenel’s Honorblade. (They do have Jezrien's.) Not every Honorblade of the eight is guaranteed to appear in game.

Ishar's blade was never mentioned once until you said that Insanity had it. There has been no Adhesion this game (Soothes) and no one else has received any Stormlight from Tension.

The feeling is mutual, so Araris

15 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I feel like this simultaneously implies that I am extremely competent and extremely incompetent at being an elim. So... thanks and oof?

That feeling is also mutual (although I have no idea how you being an elim makes you incompetent. You've been hard-cleared by everyone until this point).

I had no reason to vote with you on Chantara. There were other votes in the lead when I came in but I pressed Chantara instead. You say my D5 play was constrained, but how? Because of JNV's claim? Because they got Illwei's blade while the Shaman was still alive? Chantara wasn't even a viable yeet when I got involved and I could have done several things to help her wiggle out of the noose.

What happened to yesterday when you said "One of Elkanah and Silho must be an elim" and then drove the misyeet on Elkanah? That means Silho is an elim, right? You say I'm not being consistent with my past self when I very much am and you're not being consistent with your past self? I don't get it.

Especially since you're not even acknowledging all of my points while pushing this. 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

Let's say I'm an elim, Insanity is a villager, and instead of Elkanah getting voted out yesterday, I get what I want and Insanity is gone. What happens next? You know that either Tani or me are an elim, and I just got village Ishar killed. At that point, I'm as good as dead, no?

Why would e!Me push the one player that just about guarantees I'm an elim before Elkanah? Why would I not just let us waste the entire day dog-piling Elkanah? Doing so would have forced me to spend all of today defending myself while attempting to come up with another misyeet in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Remembered said:

Another thing is, if Insanity was Village, why would the elims not just roleblock them to implicate them further? The fact that Insanity actually followed through with it seems more like it was an attempt to buy them time.

If I'm an elim and Insanity is village, why would I let Insanity prove they didn't put in the night kill?

You do realize that all of your "why would I do this" have a relatively simple answer in my mind. 

To take suspicion off of you.

Now granted my mind isn't used to SE and is probably wrong about many things, but Xino had people who were weary of them. You come in and now you are putting work in to keep suspicion off of you.