Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

1 hour ago, Pestis the Spider said:

Ummmmm...

I feel really frustrated today, because I can't use the Shard, and I haven't used it for a long, long time. The reason for that is that once upon a time I failed a lot of people here, then freaked out, then decided to completely disappear. Now I am to embarrassed and scared to just come back like that. But I noticed that someone mentioned me recently in one of the topics, and that really made me remember how much I used to like the Shard. 

So I am a sad disappointment of a user. Do you think I can come back to the Shard despite that? I'm asking 100% seriously.

EDIT: Yes, it is my description of a bad day. 

I remember you and I don't remember you messing up. You're welcome back as far as I'm concerned. :) 

4 hours ago, Pestis the Spider said:

Ummmmm...

I feel really frustrated today, because I can't use the Shard, and I haven't used it for a long, long time. The reason for that is that once upon a time I failed a lot of people here, then freaked out, then decided to completely disappear. Now I am to embarrassed and scared to just come back like that. But I noticed that someone mentioned me recently in one of the topics, and that really made me remember how much I used to like the Shard. 

So I am a sad disappointment of a user. Do you think I can come back to the Shard despite that? I'm asking 100% seriously.

Of course you can come back!

5 hours ago, Pestis the Spider said:

Ummmmm...

Welcome back, Pestis! I've missed seeing your fuzzy jumping spider photo around, and I remember you often having cool and worthwhile things to say. No idea what bad thing happened, so please don't feel unwelcome!

8 hours ago, Pestis the Spider said:

Ummmmm...

8 hours ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Well, I joined after whatever incident happened, and I think the Shard has changed. I'll accept you, and I hope the others will.

Hugs?

I agree with Hemalurgic_Headshot; joined after the event, have seen you apologize kindly enough not to care about the 'afore mentioned event, and based on the comments of those before me, your writing, and my own judgment, I have decided I like you.:)

Welcome back! May you stay with us for as long as the sun burns in the sky, the moon courts the stars, and the ancient ones dance in their rings!^_^

9 hours ago, Pestis the Spider said:

Ummmmm...

No joke, my reaction upon first seeing your post was "Yay! Pestis is back!" So as far as I'm concerned, you're always welcome here. :)

As for my contribution to this thread, today. rusting. sucked. Remember a couple months ago, when I said I almost had a breakdown over not wanting to go to work? Yeah, well, today I came this close to actually losing it at work. Actual tears were shed (though not visibly, I hope), and I alternated anger, anguish, despair, and apathy just about my entire shift. The worst part? We didn't even break a thousand cars, which is rather unusual for Saturday -- last week we had 1100. I guess I never really realized how much we depended on volunteers.

It helps that I now have a hot foot bath and homemade strawberry ice cream, though. 

54 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

As for my contribution to this thread, today. rusting. sucked. Remember a couple months ago, when I said I almost had a breakdown over not wanting to go to work? Yeah, well, today I came this close to actually losing it at work. Actual tears were shed (though not visibly, I hope), and I alternated anger, anguish, despair, and apathy just about my entire shift. The worst part? We didn't even break a thousand cars, which is rather unusual for Saturday -- last week we had 1100. I guess I never really realized how much we depended on volunteers.

It helps that I now have a hot foot bath and homemade strawberry ice cream, though. 

*hug* I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you enjoy the icecream, though.

4 hours ago, Slowswift said:

*hugs* sorry to hear that,sounds awful.

Yesterday I had a pretty bad day too, I had an important exam but I couldn't do it because like an hour before the exam's begining I had an anxiety attack, I couldn't breathe and I was crying a lot.So now I'm gonna spend all the summer studyng because I need to pass this subject in September.

1 hour ago, Idealistic Mistborn said:

Yesterday I had a pretty bad day too, I had an important exam but I couldn't do it because like an hour before the exam's begining I had an anxiety attack, I couldn't breathe and I was crying a lot.So now I'm gonna spend all the summer studyng because I need to pass this subject in September.

*hug* that sounds awful.

On 6/2/2017 at 7:26 PM, A Budgie said:

@Kaymyth FIGHT THE INSURANCE COMPANY

Or at least, y'know, get your money's worth.

The appeal letter I faxed them was suitably professional with some subtle salt thrown in. I divided it into three points:

1. "You told the doctor's office that you covered this brand of Thing before it was installed. Here is the reference number for the phone call, cos I know you record rusting everything."

2. "Your SPD document says that you cover ALL FDA-approved Things."

3. "The ACA says you have to cover ALL FDA-approved Things."

And then I told them that if they denied my appeal, my next step would be to contact the Kansas Insurance Commissioner.

<_<:ph34r::D

22 hours ago, Pestis the Spider said:

Ummmmm...

Your avatar pic still terrifies me, but I have no knowledge of this thing that you say happened. Return, O Terrifying and Adorably Anxious Spidery One!

2 hours ago, Cluny the Scourge said:

My great grandma died.

I did not know her that well, but my mom is taking it pretty hard.

I'm guessing your mom had a pretty strong bond with her grandmother. She may try to cover her distress around you because it's extremely awkward for parents to lean on their kids in times of emotional turmoil, so you will probably have to be proactive about being there for her. If yours is a huggy family, give her hugs. Help with chores more than usual. Bake a batch of cookies on the sneak.

And if your mom starts to cry, don't freak out. She needs to purge the grief out of her system; try to create an environment where she can feel like it is OK to do so.

16 hours ago, A Budgie said:

*hug* I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you enjoy the icecream, though.

Thanks! It was delicious. :) 

12 hours ago, Idealistic Mistborn said:

Thanks!

Hope you feel better, and I wish you the best of luck with your studies. :)

4 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

My e-reader took a fall today, and the caps for the buttons came off. I can now only power it on by using a boby pin to hit the internal button 

That's not good! Is there any chance of re-attaching the button caps? Either doing it yourself or taking it to a tech expert for repair?

Basically what happened is that I stopped replying in a round Sanderson Elimination. it may seem stupid, but that is enough to keep me away from here even forever. I might be paranoid a bit. But thank for welcoming me back, that is really reassuring. 

On 4.06.2017 at 11:31 AM, Idealistic Mistborn said:

Oh, god, that's awful. I totally know how you feel, as this year I missed two of my exams due to anxiety attack (they were day after day), and I'm still don't know if they will let me try these exams again. I hope you get better and you pass your exams.

Edited by Pestis the Spider

27 minutes ago, Pestis the Spider said:

I am currently on holidays at my parents house, so I left my pet rats with a friend. Just 5 minutes ago, I got a text that one of my rats was crushed by a sofa and died. omg. 

I'm sorry! May your pet rat go to a place with lots of food to eat and time to watch over his/her loved ones (you).^_^ What was his/her name?

damnation. She was only 6 months old. Her name was Freya and she was such a lovely pet. And I treat my pets like my babies almost. She died way too soon, and in a way too cruel way. I loved her so much, and now she's gone, and I can't even go and hug my other rats, because I am in Poland. And they are probably just as sad as I am. I really can't believe that has just happened. Sorry, for long complaining here, but I am crying pretty bad now. Jeezuz. 

Ah! No, don't cry! I'm sorry if I just started you into a human water pump! *facepalm* I've never really had a pet, but I've known some animals well enough to call them my own, so I can sympathize. That's a beautiful name by the way. *hugs* I don't know if you've heard of this, but some (fantasy) stories have it that when a loved one passes away, their spirit can be seen as dust/sparkle like in the stars as they ascend to heaven. Maybe you'll see her and can tell her you love her. 

It's not you. I was crying before you even asked. I was just absolutely unprepared for that. And I don't believe in any form of life after death, so she's just gone. I won't see her again. I don't even want to see her again, so she doesn't remind me of her death. She deserved better carer than me and better longer life. When I bought her I promised the breeder I will take good care of all of them, but I failed, and now one of them is gone. 

2 minutes ago, Pestis the Spider said:

It's not you. I was crying before you even asked. I was just absolutely unprepared for that. And I don't believe in any form of life after death, so she's just gone. I won't see her again. I don't even want to see her again, so she doesn't remind me of her death. She deserved better carer than me and better longer life. When I bought her I promised the breeder I will take good care of all of them, but I failed, and now one of them is gone. 

*hugs*

Sometimes bad things just happen and there's nothing we can do. I'm sorry for your loss.