Quick Fix 44: Shadows in the Forest

Straw

26 minutes ago, Mist said:

Fura

Will add a vote in a minute after I've looked over posts.

Edit: Rules Doc This way it's on here. 

Kidpen @Kidpen

I will also do my best to break ties so we get information from the lynch.

Coloring on mobile is annoying, but easier than switching to a computer. 

BTW, if you edit in votes, please @mention me so I don't miss them. Thanks!

During the first part of the night, no one seemed to know what to do. Eventually, one of the people on watch shouted for help. Silber had been going around and checking on people to make sure that they were fine. However, he found two dead bodies: Hades and Resourceful Smythe. An examination of their belongings revealed that they had no useful possessions on them, but Smythe's diary was filled with plots for killing other members of the group. It looked like one of the Mutineers had been caught.

As the group walked away, two Shades rose from the corpses and began to follow the group.

Arraenae was lynched. She was a Mutineer!

xinoehp512 was killed. They were a Loyal Crewmember!

Vote Count:

Arraenae (3): Brightness, Megasif, Sart

Kidpen (2): Furamirionind, Mist

DrakeMarshall (1): xinoehp512

Furamirionind (1): StrikerEZ

Silberfarben (1): The_Archivist

xinoehp512 (1): CadCom

GM Notes:

-The cycle will end on May 11th at 13:00 EST.

-Inactivity warning for: @DrakeMarshall.

-If there are any inaccuracies with the vote count, please let me know.

Player List:

1. xinoehp512 - Hades Loyal Crewmember

2. Karnage - Shroud

3. StrikerEZ - Reverie

4. Elkanah - Cain

5. The_God_King - Mavet

6. Elandera - Thankful

7. Lord_Silberfarben - Silber

8. BrightnessRadiant - Calypso

9. Kynedath - Maledict

10. Kidpen - Aradia

11. A Joe in the Bush - Joseph

12. Elbereth - Crepuscula

13. The_Archivist - Archer

14. Mist - Rona

15. Sart - Sam Trudite

16. Zillah - TBD

17. CadCom - Patience

18. DrakeMarshall - Verity

19. Amanuensis - Nok the Bard

20. Arraenae - Resourceful Smythe Mutineer

21. Megasif - Mega

22. Furamirionind - TBD

Edited by Straw

Wow that was quite the great lynch! While I dislike D1 lynches I like when they work out! Xino’s death throws some obvious shade on me but it seems like a foolish kill coming if I was an elim. Xino was also trying to rally efforts in the dead doc so the elims probably thought he was an immediate threat.

Shades... they had shades trailing them... Mavet hated shades. There was no easy way to scare them off but they wouldn’t be too much of a trouble if we kept quiet. The execution of Smythe was sudden and short. Mavet didn’t dare speak up for fear that any suspicion would pass to him. Conveniently, when searched, evidence of mutiny was found on her. The death of Hades was sudden. We found them on the edge of camp. Their letter was still in his pocket. He hadn’t had time to respond to it yet. Reconciliation would have to come when they were both shades. Hopefully that wouldn’t be anytime soon.

Edited by The_God_King
RP

Arranae wanted to not save knives until the end. Arranae poked Amanuensis, ended up taking it off. 

The three people who voted for Arranae are probably soft-cleared because the vote was close. They could have voted Kidpen and possibly not lynched one of their own. 

Cadcom voted for Xino. NAI for now.

Xino wanted codes in the shade doc. Are the Mutineers going to try to wreak havoc in there?

I get your idea now, Xino. You can put the encoded thing even in the thread, and only you have the decoded thing.  For instance, if I say my code is Cbqnbcvh, no one knows which words I used to make it until I say I used sandwich and jackets to make that code.

"The mutineers are real! What can we do? If they kill, we're all in danger from the shades," said Rona, flustered, as she packed up, making sure to move slowly. The Shades from the deaths were following the party through the woods now. 

Well...not what I was expecting. I was enjoying seeing a pretty active xino. And I’m surprised Rae was actually an elim. I was not getting that vibe at all. Also, this is probably the part where I get suspicion for attempting to start a train that wasn’t Rae. I’d probably get into myself for that if I wasn’t me. :P

So...would it be too much to mention that we have even more time now that we’ve got a successful lynch under our belts? :P

Also, I’m gonna go through and see how people were interacting with xino’s ideas to see who seemed most against them. Or at least wary of them.

6 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

So...would it be too much to mention that we have even more time now that we’ve got a successful lynch under our belts? :P

^ definitely an elim :P

Going to go ahead and clear BR and Sart for now.

May look at vote movement (later, when I have more time) after arraenae was up for the lynch.

Oh shoot, the cycle is over already? Well that's inconvenient. In hindsight I probably should've done the math and figured out it would be ending this morning but for some reason I assumed that I would have a couple hours today to post.

Alright, well. That was overall an excellent lynch, considering nobody knew what was going on.

@Mist *of the Shard

not if the shard. Because on the bottom of the shard (or in any thread) you can see who has been online and also on anyone's profile you can see how long ago they were online. This could potentially be used for proving identity, especially if two people are online at once and nobody else is. It's not perfect but it could help. Thing is that I don't like it and I think using outside sources (outside the doc, I mean) to prove identity is against the point of it, so I'm against that.

I'm actually here early this time so I'll post a vote earlier. Or, well, at all.

30 minutes ago, Mist said:

I get your idea now, Xino. You can put the encoded thing even in the thread, and only you have the decoded thing.  For instance, if I say my code is Cbqnbcvh, no one knows which words I used to make it until I say I used sandwich and jackets to make that code.

The only issue with that is that after that first post anybody could take those words and use them to imitate you.

2 minutes ago, Megasif said:

Definitely :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Megasif said:

Sart, maybe. I’m a little less likely to clear BR for her vote. It very easily could’ve been a vote to distance herself from Rae. Especially with all the hedging she did about agreeing with her but also disagreeing.

I think if we’re going to clear anyone for their votes, you’re probably the most cleared. I could see a world where Sart is an elim and chose to vote on Rae. It’s more likely if Kidpen is also an elim, but it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch for me to imagine elim!Sart condemning Rae for the villager brownie points. :P

@DrakeMarshall Welcome to the game!!

Just now, DrakeMarshall said:

Holy smokes did I seriously miss the beginning of the game?

Hi guys. Give me a sec.

I'm in the same boat :D hi Drake.

1 hour ago, Straw said:

Arraenae was lynched. She was a Mutineer!

xinoehp512 was killed. They were a Loyal Crewmember!

RIP -_-

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Sart, maybe. I’m a little less likely to clear BR for her vote. It very easily could’ve been a vote to distance herself from Rae. Especially with all the hedging she did about agreeing with her but also disagreeing.

I think if we’re going to clear anyone for their votes, you’re probably the most cleared. I could see a world where Sart is an elim and chose to vote on Rae. It’s more likely if Kidpen is also an elim, but it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch for me to imagine elim!Sart condemning Rae for the villager brownie points. :P

I still need to go through the first cycle again and ruminate on my thoughts, but I think, for now, I'm inclined to compartmentalize Sart and BR as village.

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

I still need to go through the first cycle again and ruminate on my thoughts, but I think, for now, I'm inclined to compartmentalize Sart and BR as village.

Really? Am I just being paranoid? I mean, I do think it’s more likely that Sart is village than not, but BR’s vote and the timing of her vote (when everyone still only had just one vote) are not enough to clear her in my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, Megasif said:

May look at vote movement (later, when I have more time) after arraenae was up for the lynch.

If I were an elim, throwing a vote on another elim isn't a bad idea in this game. It balances the dead doc so that the role block won't be as effective. I think the elim's made a move to control the role block action. With this in mind, and potentially 4 other elims, killing an elim d1 makes sense. The problem is that we have a bunch of scenarios

1- the lynch was a happy accident. Villagers killed an elim by chance

2- at least one elim jumped in to secure a place amongst the village

3- the elim's planned to occupy the dead doc to control the role block

4- the elim's secured the vote to occupy the dead doc but there were villagers amongst the vote

I'm thinking options 2 or 4 are the most likely

34 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Well...not what I was expecting. I was enjoying seeing a pretty active xino. And I’m surprised Rae was actually an elim. I was not getting that vibe at all. Also, this is probably the part where I get suspicion for attempting to start a train that wasn’t Rae. I’d probably get into myself for that if I wasn’t me. :P

Also, I’m gonna go through and see how people were interacting with xino’s ideas to see who seemed most against them. Or at least wary of them.

No, this is the part where you reference you will be gaining suspicion for starting a train other than Rae, and gain suspicion for stating that : P

Yeah, BR basically was the first real vote on Rae, with reasons. And Sart got her lynched, so they both should probably be village.
I'm actually really suspicious of Mist right now. I went offline immediately after my post and didn't see they had sheeped me onto Kidpen. I find that very suspicious when they voted on me for voting myself? ( @Mist I'd still like more of an explanation on that please xD ). Before my post, the lynch was 

Arraenae (2): Brightness, Megasif
Furamirionind (3): Furamirionind, StrikerEZ, Mist
Sart (1): TGK

An elim would want to keep a player higher than Rae. It's possible Mist gambled on joining my lynch in the hopes I wouldn't return to vote (which did almost happen). Why they would have followed my vote to Kidpen specifically, I'm not certain. However it is possible they felt they needed to leave my lynch, and wanted to vote on someone with a vote. Without a votecount in front of them, they just sheeped me for ease. This is all speculation, but it's the best reasoning I have for Mist's actions, unless Mist wants to give me better ones.

As Sart got Ninja'd, this is also the votecount he had when voting on Rae. I'm tempted to speculate about a Sart/Fura team, but for some reason I find that unlikely...
Anyways, Following Sart's vote it now looked like:

Arraenae (3): Brightness, Megasif, Sart
Kidpen (2): Furamirionind, Mist
Furamirionind (1): StrikerEZ, 
Sart (1): TGK

This means that anyone who posted after Sart could have equalized the vote on Kidpen. These people are The Archivest, Kynedath, and TGK. I'm not sure this is really clear-able though, as there would either need to be a last minute bandwagon on Drake/Fura/Xino/Sart/Kidpen. This would really incriminate Rae and those participating in the bandwagon,as she would likely get lynched this turn. This means that while I think they might be slightly less likely to be elims, it's probably not a big thing.

I'll add I'm not super fond of TGK removing their vote last minute, but from what I'm gathering of their playstyle, this doesn't seem unlike them.

At least until Mist responds to my questions, I'm going to have my vote on her.

Mist

Edit:

1 minute ago, The_God_King said:

If I were an elim, throwing a vote on another elim isn't a bad idea in this game. It balances the dead doc so that the role block won't be as effective. I think the elim's made a move to control the role block action. With this in mind, and potentially 4 other elims, killing an elim d1 makes sense. The problem is that we have a bunch of scenarios

1- the lynch was a happy accident. Villagers killed an elim by chance

2- at least one elim jumped in to secure a place amongst the village

3- the elim's planned to occupy the dead doc to control the role block

4- the elim's secured the vote to occupy the dead doc but there were villagers amongst the vote

I'm thinking options 2 or 4 are the most likely

I actually wasn't going to mention this in-thread, but I was considering if I rolled elim this game, getting my teammates to bus me cycle 2/3 to try to influence the roleblock. However, this happening in C1 seems a little early IMO. Also, surely they would either bus someone not playing their first game in a while, or would at least give her a cycle to play? Idk.

It is a valid point though... That technically both BR and Sart could still be elims.

Edited by Furamirionind

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

I'll add I'm not super fond of TGK removing their vote last minute, but from what I'm gathering of their playstyle, this doesn't seem unlike them.

I meant to remove my vote last night but Sart hadn't removed their vote yet. I woke up late and saw that he had removed his vote. I decided to follow through with my word because I'd take flak either way, and I figured removing a vote last minute when someone only has one vote wouldn't change anything.

I didn't think Arranae was suspicious, wanted a lynch, and you were the next highest person. Also, semi-poke/motivation for you to do what you said. I removed it after you did what you said. I felt like I needed to vote on someone. Your reasons made sense, and, yes, it was convenient. 

@Furamirionind, did I answer your questions? 

26 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Really? Am I just being paranoid? I mean, I do think it’s more likely that Sart is village than not, but BR’s vote and the timing of her vote (when everyone still only had just one vote) are not enough to clear her in my opinion. 

I see where you're coming from - at that point BR had no idea whether Rae would get more votes and an elim!BR could be putting a distancing vote on Rae, with a mind to remove it later

Though I think it was too early to attempt a town-credit vote on your elim mate. Even moreso for sart. So yh, still leaving the two alone for now.

Edit: Well, to clarify, not that any three of us are lock villagers from one elim lynch, but its enough for to give em some credit, at least for a cycle or two. In this case, perhaps a few cycles.

Edited by Megasif

4 minutes ago, Megasif said:

I see where you're coming from - at that point BR had no idea whether Rae would get more votes and an elim!BR could be putting a distancing vote on Rae, with a mind to remove it later

Though I think it was too early to attempt a town-credit vote on your elim mate. Even moreso for sart. So yh, still leaving the two alone for now.

That makes sense. I’m not super glued to the idea of them being elims (and would find it very surprising if they both were elims), but I think it’s important to not clear people too early. Maybe I’m going too hard on the other side of the spectrum.

12 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I actually wasn't going to mention this in-thread, but I was considering if I rolled elim this game, getting my teammates to bus me cycle 2/3 to try to influence the roleblock. However, this happening in C1 seems a little early IMO. Also, surely they would either bus someone not playing their first game in a while, or would at least give her a cycle to play? Idk.

I can see your side. If this were a smaller game it would be insane. Every elim counts. In a game this large, it might be different. I actually think C1 was a perfect place for the elim's to kill themselves. Also, we have to remember that it may have been a matter of convenience (options 2 and 4), but this goes into multiple scenarios and doesn't provide us much insight. By C2/3 any elims would be outnumbered by a large margin. They effectively defeat the roleblock this round and if two villagers die at the end of the cycle they may be able to kick up enough dust to keep them from being effective. It's a bold plan but I could see several players pulling it off. 

10 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

That makes sense. I’m not super glued to the idea of them being elims (and would find it very surprising if they both were elims), but I think it’s important to not clear people too early. Maybe I’m going too hard on the other side of the spectrum.

It's good you actually mentioned it because we can easily overlook a bus, and tbh it can be done in any situation and throw us off.

@TGK

I don't disagree but its very early to bus in this game and a living elim is better than a dead elim. Shades can as easily hit a villager as they can an elim. Elim would be more difficult to be honest.

Edited by Megasif

1 hour ago, Megasif said:

its very early to bus in this game and a living elim is better than a dead elim.

I agree, especially since unless we do a very good job, the villager shades will outnumber the elim shades very quickly.

As for specific players...

Brightness, Megasif, Sart: I have a very light village read on them because of the reason listed above.

Fura: Fura... is weird. They keep suggesting they might be an elim, even going so far as to initially place a vote on themselves,which pretty much stops all of my attempts at getting a read. For that reason alone, I place a vote on Fura.

Edited by The_Archivist
clarification

Actually, Fura. I think I might have had a post I was suspicious of. I'll look. Maybe declining the codes because putting another one? 

Kidpen, you could post a new encoded thing each post and decode at the beginning of the next post. Since Shades can't edit others' posts, that could verify, unless they forget. 

3 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

So...would it be too much to mention that we have even more time now that we’ve got a successful lynch under our belts?

Again? Really? Why are you so glued to the idea that we have time? Like someone said last time and I agreed with last time this still seems pretty suspicious. 

If only for doing this twice I will place my vote on Striker for now.

---

Also sorry guys for not voting, I was in the middle of something and time caught up to me.