8 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

Maybe I should just make everyone who votes in a tied lynch die instead... ^_^

We like the random chance of it all though! Just kill half of us randomly! :)

Just now, Ecthelion III said:

The cycle is now closed! Night 3 will be up in approximately 1 hour.

Now we wait with three ropes around three necks.  Who shall live and who shall die?  Come back in an hour and find out folks.

Chapter 6: The Great Court of Unkalaki

Under Requiem’s careful direction, they arrived in a Horneater village. None of the others questioned how he knew where to find it; he suspected that after the incident with Ambition, they just assumed him to be all-powerful. In reality, he recognized the mountains from his first visit. He was not far from the exact village he had been raised in.

The group of adventurers was received warmly. They were shown to guest huts to sleep in for the night and were given dinner.

As they ate, a sudden cry spread among the villagers. They abandoned their duties and ran in the direction the adventurers had arrived from, toward the pool. Requiem—and Skai’s Remnant, he noticed—immediately stood up and followed as fast as their legs could carry them.

The Horneaters had gathered in a circle around the edge of the pool. The two of them pushed through and saw a person pulling themself up out of the water. The person was coughing and looked like he had been to Damnation and back. He collapsed on the shore, and as he struggled to his feet again, Requiem could see it was a parshman—no, a parshendi warform.

Requiem turned to Skai’s Remnant and asked: “What time did you take us to? This is important. Very important.”

“It’s the fifth of Chach, I believe, of the year 1164. Why?”

Requiem gave no answer. Instead, he just stared at the ragged parshendi. Himself.

-

Hours later, they sat in a comfortable hut. Skai’s Remnant stood in the center, holding an animal skin bag. A sword was sheathed at his waist.

“We’re here on Roshar to find Tanavast, and there’s only one being who can help us with that, a being which lives far, far away. We don’t have any time to lose before more of us die, so we’re going to have to [ahem] cheat a little bit.”

He opened the bag and withdrew fifteen bracelets, each a different color and inset with a large crystal. Choosing a clear one, he slipped it over his wrist.

Instantly, the gemstone began to glow and the bracelet came alive. The outermost part of it seemed to melt and shot in a line like light up his arm. Huge white wings like an angel’s sprouted from his back.

“If anyone asks,” Skai’s Remnant said, “do not tell them where we got these.”

-

What had started as a formal meeting had become a mob.

“The agents of Odium are hinding among us! Someone needs to die!” shouted Mr, Red Facemask. “Let us cast lots and have the natural order of things decide.”

Several voices shouted in approval.

“That is ridiculous!” another said. “Do you expect to find our opponents by throwing darts? We need calculated action!”

More shouting, some of approval, some of ridicule.

“If we kill everyone, including myself, Odium’s servants shall not escape! The world shall be FREE ONCE MORE!!!”

It was chaos. Accusations were being thrown everywhere with the littlest of evidence to support them. Consensus swung back and fourth repeatedly. The village filled with yells.

Then, one voice pierced the din.

“You want one of us dead, do you?” Skai’s Remnant said. His voice turned cold. “Very well.” In the blink of an eye, he unsheathed his sword and slashed it straight through Mr. Red Facemask. Two thumps were heard as his lifeless body fell to the ground.

Skai’s Remnant sheathed the sword and turned away. “You’re wasting all of our time. Death is not the answer. Maybe in the next life you will learn…”

He sensed something and turned around. Atop Facemask’s severed body stood a translucent spirit. It grinned wickedly. “I said I’m suing you, Remnant. And this time, it’s for murder.”

This is a Night turn lasting 24 48 hours.

Alvron (Mr, Red Facemask) has died and passed to the Cognitive Realm. Here is his autopsy report:

Spoiler

59796ef7c1201_AlvronAutopsy.thumb.png.800cb113e0d49cdce6b3f3a0c838a494.png

And here is his will.

Spoiler

If you are reading this then my time has come and I have now passed beyond this Realm.

For those interested, my Essence Mark was that of a Dancer.  The Mark gave me a kill role.  I have gained a second Mark that is of two overlapping semicircles.  Gives role of Villager.  No special effects..

Do not trust Mr Hooded Cloak!

Information you might find interesting:

There is a way to remove someones Essence Mark.

There is a very good chance of there being a thief type role.

You can use more than one Mark per cycle but there might be consequences in doing so.

Cognitive Spirits don’t need to use the Privy.

Cognitive Spirits who have died can be affected by some actions. Unknown what ones yet but you can’t pass items, vote or use Marks on them.

You can use a Mark and it’s ability on the same cycle if you have enough actions. I.e. I could use the Dancer Mark and kill on same night.

You cannot bribe a players vote but you can offer to buy their vote.

There might be a way to read anothers will without them dying first.

I currently have 9 gold, Courier Lenses, two Essence Marks and a Spanreed.

Now that I am dead and proven Village, please kill Sami.  I was planning on killing them tonight myself but alas the Dice didn’t fall my way.

Item distribution in case of death:

Spanreed and Courier Lenses are bequeathed to Orlok

All my gold goes to Asterion

My Marks are to be given out to random people that are listed in the top half of the player list.

Edited by Ecthelion III

Vote Tally

Alvron (2): Drake Marshall, Manukos

Manukos (2): BrightnessRadiant, OrlokTsubodai

Roadwalker (2): Alvron, Asterion137

The Physical Realm

1. Lucky Duke (Cloudjumper) - handy with a barrel
2. Vulture Sam (asterion137) - a card hustler
3. BrightnessRadiant as Herself - very confused worldhopper
4. Liz Allan (Sami) - terribly confused Marvel fanatic
5. Ister Mo (Manukos) - likes camping
6. Tautali Laust (Megasif) - valiant Radiant on a journey of self-discovery
7. Dr. C (Clanky) - Rickrolling mad scientist
8. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai) - I feel like this guy's died before
9. Aran (Aonar Faileas) - the hunter
10. Requiem (Drake Marshall) - Kyner from the future
11. Silver Feather (Roadwalker) - deep in thought
12. An Innocent Man (A Joe in the Bush) - definitely harmless
13. Daniyah as Herself - first blackout game!
14. Aralis (Araris Valerian) - former head-thumper back from the dead

The Cognitive Realm

1. Eobard Thawne (The Flash) - DEFINITELY not an evil speedster was Arelon Villager
2. The Wanderer (Yitzi2) - definitely not Hoid was Odium
3. Jaspian (StrikerEZ) - talks to a stick was Karata
4. Mr, Red Facemask (Alvron) - likes to use commas was Alethi Villager

The Spiritual Realm

1. ppil (STINK) - had some beef with Phil
2. Alvron (Straw) - was a very confusing guy

tur_1501300800.png

Edited by Ecthelion III

“Court is now in session for the case of The Ghost of Albert Vron v. Unnamed Being Containing the Attributes and Conscience of One-Sixteenth of God. For the sake of all our sanity, it shall be hereafter referred to as Vron v. God.”

The judge was a tall Horneater, randomly decided upon after objections that Phil was hardly an unbiased arbiter. He seemed fairly knowledgeable about law, despite the Horneaters’ usual tradition of settling disputes with alcohol.

Woah what? Did I do something? I haven't even been following this too closely since aforementioned busyness.

Let it be known that I have absolutely no idea why Alvron wanted me dead. And who was I about to get killed?

Edited by Sami

Storming timezones , last hours of the last cycle seemed realy fun . And by the end I though alv was indeed inocent , tho I het the sence that he acts.like that on a regular basis in which case it was normal 

I think that if either me or road were elims if there would have been a changing of votes to break the tie or some sort of cvote manipulation 

I curently have two marks and plan to use one tonight 

Should I use both to check what alvron said ? Or are there any takers?

Ugh. Even though I didn't get around to posting last turn and ultimately Alv was killed by chance, I feel obligated to say I told you so. >> (See my suspicions post towards the end of D2.) Alv was acting well within the bounds of his regular play (which tends to be highly suspect, but it is Alv we're talking about) and was more active than his usual as an Elim. On top of that, the events of D1 made it pretty clear there was no Alv-Yitzi team after Yitzi's lynch and revealed will heavily implied Odium to be a standard Elim role with access to the doc. 

Also, I get the feeling Alv specifically worded his will to encourage whoever got his Dancer Mark to kill Sami tonight, if they had the actions for it, but the way he worded the random distribution of his Marks, Sami might well be the one who got it....

Locke Tekiel, of noble lineage, and a greater command of loopholes than seems remotely reasonable, walked into the courtroom. "Vron vs God" seemed like an excellent case to begin his legal career, but as was proper, he must act for his client.  Coincidentally, that was also a great deal more fun, and also just

"Lord Justice, of great honour and immeasurable wisdom," he began. "This court assembles today to consider the case of our great friend and noble ally, Mr, Red Facemask, an alias of Vron, against the Remnant of Dominion, "God". However, it has come to my attention that there remain a good number of unaddressed legal matters, and I now provide notice that we seek to try Mr Hooded Cloak on charges of assault with a deadly weapon and corruption; Requiem, on charges of assault and slander; and Ecthelion III on charges of libel.

"Although the charges against the murderous Remnant are by far the most serious, I'll begin by presenting the evidence against Mr Hooded Cloak." He paused to gather his thoughts. 

"The first, and lesser charge, is for assault with a deadly weapon. It is indisputable that Mr Hooded Cloak kicked my client, our dearly departed and universally respected Mr, Red Facemask, in the face. He admits the assault himself:"

"Very well," said the man with the red facemask, apparently Mr. Vron. "I was assaulted by the defendant last night in this very spot."

"You were in the middle of attempted theft," the hooded man said. "Exhibit A: This box of two Essence Marks. Worth a great deal more than 20 gold, the level at which it would be a felony to rob. According to Silverlight law, I could not be punished by kicking you while trying to steal it."

"The relevant question, then, is whether the assault was warranted," Locke said. "Mr Hooded Cloak suggests that his action was warranted, as under Silverlight law, he claims that the theft of the essence marks would be a felony, and that he was entitled to defend his property. However:"

The cloaked man sensed movement and kicked out, expecting one of Odium's creations, but it was only the man in the facemask trying to steal the box containing the two remaining Marks. The kick connected, and the man in the facemask flew backward and into the water with a look of surprise on his face.

"Here, Mr Hooded Cloak is clearly shown to have acted aggressively, with intent to cause harm without first observing who he was assaulting. To claim he was acting in defence of his property, when he knew not who he was attacking nor what they were doing, should hold no water. The defence requires the intention of the assault being the defence of property, which manifestly does not exist. It is likely that the defendant will seek to excuse his actions, arguing that he was seeking to harm a minion of Odium. In the eyes of the law, this defence, too, should be ruled invalid.  Firstly, it is clearly fabrication. Mr Hooded Cloak had no grounds to believe that the movement was caused by a servant of Odium. He was, however, aware of the presence of a number of innocent spirits on the island, and after giving what would be widely accepted as incomplete advice, could reasonably expect one to return, to seek clarification. Further, even if Mr Hooded Cloak had some way to be certain that the movement was caused by a servant of Odium (which he manifestly didn't), the assault would still be unwarranted. Are we to treat all of Odium's servants as guilty of the crimes committed by Odium himself? Should we punish Mr Hooded Cloak's followers, Skai's followers, and Reqiem's followers for the crimes they have committed? Mr Hooded Cloak made a judgement he was not entitled to make, not representing the legal system of Silverlight in and of himself.

"Additionally, we would like Mr Hooded Cloak to be found guilty of the higher crime, Assault with a Deadly Weapon." Locke smiled. He was fond of this particular argument. "Mr Hooded Cloak himself admits, in no uncertain terms, that he is capable of destruction on a truly vast scale:"

You know, it comes with the job. Being the fourth wall-breaking voice in people's heads tends to unsettle them a bit. You mortals need to realize that just because I can combust the world doesn't mean I will combust the world.

"Through this, Mr Hooded Cloak makes apparent that he himself constitutes a deadly weapon. The assault was obviously made by Mr Hooded Cloak's person himself, being a kick, and so fulfils the requirements necessary for the elevation of this crime.

"Sadly, though, it is apparent that this is not the sole crime Mr Hooded Cloak is guilty of committing," Locke continued. "Mr Hooded Cloak is also accused of impersonating a representative of the legal system of Silverlight, or of blatant abuse of a position as a representative of a the legal system of Silverlight. If Mr Hooded Cloak is a representative of the legal system of Silverlight, as has not been made apparent, he has acted in an entirely corrupt manner, and under SIlverlight law should have recused himself from a position of authority at a trial of anyone he knew. That he did not, despite being on trial himself represents the very highest order of abuse of his position, and under Silverlight law by default strips him of his position as a representative of their legal system. Unless Mr Hooded Cloak can prove that he did not take this action, this constitutes sufficient evidence to warrant conviction under corruption charges.

"The following evidence demonstrates that Mr Hooded Cloak did indeed assume the authority of a judge in his own trial:"

All rise for the Honorable Judge Phil." The choice of judge was perhaps unreasonable, but it had been done at the last minute.

"You may be seated," he said, speaking out loud for once instead of in everyone's heads. "Court is now in session for the case of Mr. Albert Vron v. Mr. Hooded Cloak. Would the plaintiff please stand and give his opening statement?"

"If Mr Hooded Cloak is not a representative of the legal system of Silverlight, the same evidence makes apparent to all that he acted claiming to be a representative of the legal system of Silverlight. You will no doubt be aware that impersonation of such an official carries an automatic custodial sentence as punishment."

Locke looked up from his notes. "Honourable Justice, the matter of Mr Hooded Cloak's guilt is uncontroversial. We seek compensation of one functioning essence mark, delivered promptly to Mr, Red Facemask, for the unwarranted assault with a deadly article, and suggest a custodial sentence of five years, stripped of all powers, for either the impersonation of a representative of the Silverlight legal system, or for the blatant corruption evident in his actions attempting to preside over his own trial. If the removal of his powers during the period of incarceration is impossible, we suggest a fine of 50 gold pieces, payable to the estate of Mr, Red Facemask, in lieu of imprisonment."

Locke turned to Mr Hooded Cloak, and smiled, awaiting his response.

@Ecthelion III @Alvron

Edited by OrlokTsubodai
Credit to El for fixing the cursed quote boxes

Ah! @OrlokTsubodai You forget the charge of murder!

15 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

he unsheathed his sword and slashed it straight through Mr. Red Facemask. Two thumps were heard as his lifeless body fell to the ground.

A hundred years of prison time, at least!

Edited by Roadwalker

3 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

Ah! @OrlokTsubodai You forget the charge of murder!

A hundred years of prison time, at least!

I most certainly have not forgotten. I fully intend to charge Skai, Requiem, and Ecthelion himself, but will let the first charge be addressed now. (Also, that took a couple of hours, and I need a break before continuing onto the remaining charges.)

Edited by OrlokTsubodai

"Objection, your honor!"

Requiem faced the Unkalaki judge.

"The charge for assault lacks legal basis!

First, let it be established that this case is being held under Unkalaki law. We are not under the jurisdiction of Silverlight while on Roshar, and the honorable judge is a certified judge of Unkalaki law, not of Silverlight law.

Second, Mr. Albert Vron is deceased. Being deceased, he does not constitute a legal entity under local Unkalaki law. As such, he does not have legal standing to make a case as a plaintiff.

It would be legal for another to act as plaintiff on behalf of the deceased Mr. Albert Vron. However, no such person has, as of yet, come forward. And before you try, remember that it would be highly improper for the laywer of a case to assume the position of plaintiff, Locke.

So the case for assault does not have standing as a civil case! There is legal standing for a criminal case, with the plaintiff designated to be the Unkalaki government. However, if this were to be re-designated as a criminal trial, any form of monetary compensation would be out of the question for Mr. Albert Vron, as such compensation may only be sought in a civil case."

Requiem paused briefly for effect.

"I will also raise an objection about the identity of one of the accused parties, Mr Remnant. Mr Remnant has been charged with impersonating a Silverlight judge. However, evidence suggests that the person known as Phil is the perpetrator of this crime. With the presentation of this evidence, I motion a new case be convened on a later date to put Phil on trial for impersonating a silverlight official. It would also be proper to extradite Phil to silverlight to hold that trial, because it is not under Unkalaki jurisdiction."

Requiem seated himself again.

"As you can see, your honor, this trial is wholly invalid. All civil charges against myself and Remnant must be dropped."

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

"Objection, your honor!"

Requiem faced the Unkalaki judge.

"The charge for assault lacks legal basis!

First, let it be established that this case is being held under Unkalaki law. We are not under the jurisdiction of Silverlight while on Roshar, and the honorable judge is a certified judge of Unkalaki law, not of Silverlight law.

Second, Mr. Albert Vron is deceased. Being deceased, he does not constitute a legal entity under local Unkalaki law. As such, he does not have legal standing to make a case as a plaintiff.

It would be legal for another to act as plaintiff on behalf of the deceased Mr. Albert Vron. However, no such person has, as of yet, come forward. And before you try, remember that it would be highly improper for the laywer of a case to assume the position of plaintiff, Locke.

So the case for assault does not have standing as a civil case! There is legal standing for a criminal case, with the plaintiff designated to be the Unkalaki government. However, if this were to be re-designated as a criminal trial, any form of monetary compensation would be out of the question for Mr. Albert Vron, as such compensation may only be sought in a civil case."

Requiem paused briefly for effect.

"I will also raise an objection about the identity of one of the accused parties, Mr Remnant. Mr Remnant has been charged with impersonating a Silverlight judge. However, evidence suggests that the person known as Phil is the perpetrator of this crime. With the presentation of this evidence, I motion a new case be convened on a later date to put Phil on trial for impersonating a silverlight official. It would also be proper to extradite Phil to silverlight to hold that trial, because it is not under Unkalaki jurisdiction."

Requiem seated himself again.

"As you can see, your honor, this trial is wholly invalid. All civil charges against myself and Remnant must be dropped."

Locke Tekiel laughed, briefly. What fool would interrupt a trial as a bystander?

"Your honour, we would motion to hold Requiem in contempt of court for this unwarranted interruption.

"Regardless, he is much mistaken. Although we are indeed under Unkalaki jurisdiction, Silverlight legal precedent extends the jurisdiction of local judges to cover cases occurring elsewhere, provided they are fully aware of the relevant case law and facts. 

"Our unauthorised objector raises the issue of a plaintiff representing Mr Vron, his being deceased. I would remind Mr Requiem that such a requirement is quite antiquated, and that we all stand here as living examples of why the simple matter of death no longer prevents an individual acting as their own plaintiff.

"Mr Requiem also appears mistaken about the complaints brought forward. Mr Remnant certainly has not been charged with impersonation of a Silverlight official. Phil, Mr Hooded Cloak, on the other hand, has been. 

"Finally, our uninvited interrupter seems to believe that that his flawed and impermissible interjection, centred on points against the case made against Mr Hooded Cloak, requires the case against him to be dropped. The honourable justice must agree that there is no legal basis for such a farcical claim."

10 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Locke Tekiel laughed, briefly. What fool would interrupt a trial as a bystander?

"Your honour, we would motion to hold Requiem in contempt of court for this unwarranted interruption.

"Regardless, he is much mistaken. Although we are indeed under Unkalaki jurisdiction, Silverlight legal precedent extends the jurisdiction of local judges to cover cases occurring elsewhere, provided they are fully aware of the relevant case law and facts. 

"Our unauthorised objector raises the issue of a plaintiff representing Mr Vron, his being deceased. I would remind Mr Requiem that such a requirement is quite antiquated, and that we all stand here as living examples of why the simple matter of death no longer prevents an individual acting as their own plaintiff.

"Mr Requiem also appears mistaken about the complaints brought forward. Mr Remnant certainly has not been charged with impersonation of a Silverlight official. Phil, Mr Hooded Cloak, on the other hand, has been. 

"Finally, our uninvited interrupter seems to believe that that his flawed and impermissible interjection, centred on points against the case made against Mr Hooded Cloak, requires the case against him to be dropped. The honourable justice must agree that there is no legal basis for such a farcical claim."

"Your honor, I am one of the accused, and thus by Unkalaki law have standing to register an objection. Clearly Locke misunderstands this case.

I would like to point out that Silverlight legal precedent does not extend to affect local judges. That would be tantamount to claiming that Silverlight decides the laws of other nations. Unkalaki is a sovereign nation! If you were actually speaking as a representative of Silverlight, such a claim as you have made would amount to an international incident.

I would also like to draw to your attention that the district Unkalaki court exists to interpret the laws and deliver judgement, not to write new ones or nullify existing ones. It does not matter if you think the requirement for a plaintiff to be living is "antiquated." It is the law. The only court that has the authority to overrule such a law is the Unkalaki Supreme Court, which is strictly appellate for a case of this nature.

What's more, you appear to be mistaken about the identity of Mr Hooded Cloak. Mr Hooded Cloak is Remnant. They are one and the same, and neither of them are Phil.

Therefore, this case has no legal standing. One of the charges is against simply the wrong person... And the other charges cannot be pressed in a civil lawsuit, because the plaintiff is no longer a legal entity."

39 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

"Your honor, I am one of the accused, and thus by Unkalaki law have standing to register an objection. Clearly Locke misunderstands this case.

I would like to point out that Silverlight legal precedent does not extend to affect local judges. That would be tantamount to claiming that Silverlight decides the laws of other nations. Unkalaki is a sovereign nation! If you were actually speaking as a representative of Silverlight, such a claim as you have made would amount to an international incident.

I would also like to draw to your attention that the district Unkalaki court exists to interpret the laws and deliver judgement, not to write new ones or nullify existing ones. It does not matter if you think the requirement for a plaintiff to be living is "antiquated." It is the law. The only court that has the authority to overrule such a law is the Unkalaki Supreme Court, which is strictly appellate for a case of this nature.

What's more, you appear to be mistaken about the identity of Mr Hooded Cloak. Mr Hooded Cloak is Remnant. They are one and the same, and neither of them are Phil.

Therefore, this case has no legal standing. One of the charges is against simply the wrong person... And the other charges cannot be pressed in a civil lawsuit, because the plaintiff is no longer a legal entity."

"Requiem, you are an accused in an entirely separate case. You may certainly object, in your own case, which we shall come to, in due time. 

Silverlight legal precedent does not determine Unkalaki law, certainly, but this judge is not trying us under the jurisdiction of Unkalki, but as a seconded representative of Silverlight, where the requirement for a plaintiff to be in the spiritual realm has been deemed antiquated by the supreme court. 

Very well. It is therefore a simple matter to remove the charge of corruption/assuming the identity of a representative of Silverlight from Hooded Cloak, and bring a separate case against Phil shortly.

Your Honour, we motion now that Requiem is silenced until the case against him begins. This is a serious breach of the integrity of the court."

(OOC: Drake, this case isn't against you, and it surprises me that you're intervening in it. By all means, respond in the case against yourself, which I will type up shortly, and thank you for the clarity on Hooded Cloak/Remnant/Phil, but this is for Ecthelion to address.)

Edited by OrlokTsubodai

Whoa whoa whoa, hang on a moment, guys. This is just a case of mistaken identity. I'm just a disembodied voice in everyone's heads, rendering me completely incapable of committing any crime. (And by the way, that includes the charges of impersonating a judge. Not only did I never claim to be a Silverlight-certified judge, but as a purely disembodied voice, you will find that any evidence relating to that incident would be purely circumstantial.

Now, the whole "just because I can combust the world doesn't mean I will combust the world" thing was me, Phil, not my pal Mr. Hooded Cloak here. So get off Remnant's back, ok? I stand by Requiem's defense.

-

I have an essay I need to finish tonight, so if it's okay with all of you, I'd like to extend the cycle another 24 hours.

"Excuse the informality of 'my pal' Phil. However, the points he brings up are valid.

First, I am indeed a completely separate individual. Thus, the charge of being a judge in my own trial holds absolutely no water.

Furthermore, as the quote about me being capable of much destruction has been misattributed, the charge of Assault with a Deadly Weapon has no ground either. As every one of the witnesses would tell you, I was completely unarmed. Additionally, I would have been incapable of using any of the magic seen during my battle with Odium because the incident in question took place before the Splintering of Aona and Skai and the subsequent creation of the Dor.

That leads us to the charge of assault. You claim that it is a crime to defend one's property "without first observing who was assaulting". Let me ask you this: is it a crime to defend one's property against a masked robber? Of course it isn't. Just because the identity of the robber is unknown does not change anything. And as for what Mr. Facemask was doing...well, we can get his testimony right now, can we not? Or would the testimony not be valid--because as Requiem said, the plaintiff is not a legal entity. It's your choice: is the plaintiff not a legal identity, or should we get his testimony?"

Edited by Ecthelion III

15 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

"Excuse the informality of 'my pal' Phil. However, the points he brings up are valid.

First, I am indeed a completely separate individual. Thus, the charge of being a judge in my own trial holds absolutely no water.

Furthermore, as the quote about me being capable of much destruction has been misattributed, the charge of Assault with a Deadly Weapon has no ground either. As every one of the witnesses would tell you, I was completely unarmed. Additionally, I would have been incapable of using any of the magic seen during my battle with Odium because the incident in question took place before the Splintering of Aona and Skai and the subsequent creation of the Dor.

That leads us to the charge of assault. You claim that it is a crime to defend one's property "without first observing who was assaulting". Let me ask you this: is it a crime to defend one's property against a masked robber? Of course it isn't. Just because the identity of the robber is unknown does not change anything. And as for what Mr. Facemask was doing...well, we can get his testimony right now, can we not? Or would the testimony not be valid--because as Requiem said, the plaintiff is not a legal entity. It's your choice: is the plaintiff not a legal identity, or should we get his testimony?"

"Whether or not he was attempting to steal or not is an entirely moot point. You would have been quite permitted to defend your property, if you knew that that is what you were doing. As you have admitted, however, you acted with force, striking an individual, before learning that they sought to steal your property. My client may well be guilty of attempted theft, but that is a separate matter, and one which has no bearing on your defence. You did not strike out to defend your property. You struck out, and were fortuitous that in so doing, you defended your property. Call my client, please, although we may have to move the location of this trial to do so, but it will not clear you of assault. If you'd known that it was a robber, whoever they were, you could have legally defended your property, but to act in such a manner because you merely "sensed movement" represents clear and uncontroversial grounds for a charge of assault.

Edited by OrlokTsubodai

"The ghost of your client is present in this very courtroom. If you accept him as a legal entity, then by all means, let him give testimony as to exactly what he was doing on that day. If he was attempting to steal my property, and I kicked him, that should clear me regardless of whether or not it was based on a premonition of the future."

2 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

"The ghost of your client is present in this very courtroom. If you accept him as a legal entity, then by all means, let him give testimony as to exactly what he was doing on that day. If he was attempting to steal my property, and I kicked him, that should clear me regardless of whether or not it was based on a premonition of the future."

Let him speak. Your claim, however, is entirely false. You claim to have been powerless, and regardless have presented no evidence of being capable of determining the future. You were nothing but lucky that your rash attack didn't cause serious harm to an entirely innocent individual.

Objection, speculation! Whether or not I could have harmed an innocent individual is irrelevant to this case. I did not harm an innocent individual, I harmed an individual in the process of attempted felony against me.

And might I remind you that I traveled through time with you. The claim that I did not have access to the Dor is correct, but I have eighteen witnesses, living and dead, that I have the power to travel through time. Does that count enough as evidence of being capable of determining the future?

It would provide evidence, potentially, had you not already made the erroneous claim that you thought the movement was caused by a servant of Odium, as my client has proved not to be.

Consider the hypothetical. A man, armed with a gun, walks up a street. He hears movement, and without looking, shoots the source of the movement. Regardless of whether the movement is caused by a passerby, or an assailant, the action consitutes murder, for it is committed before the perpetrator has determined that they are acting in defence of their self, or their property.

(Ecthelion, care to put this to the spec doc as a jury? No offense, but I suspect that you might be slightly biased...)