I don't think that lynch chart is right. This is what I'm seeing:

Assassin: Araris, Straw, JUQ, Jondesu
Arinian: Clanky, Ecthelion, Assassin, Magestar
Straw: Wilson, Haelbarde
Nathan: Unodus, Elenion

Does this look right? Did I miss any votes or changes? It looks like we're headed for a no lynch, which is bad, but I don't really suspect either Assassin or Arinian that much =\

Assassin is mostly my biggest suspicion of those four, and I don't have enough of a read to be confident proposing a new target right now.  I'm open to being swayed, and I would of course also like to avoid a no-lynch round, but I suspect that will come from someone else breaking the tie in the end.

EDIT: Ack, I'm worried that there's a bigger risk in having no lynch than risking that Arinian will be innocent, so I'm sorry Arinian, but I'm changing my vote.

Arinian Assassin 

Edited by Jondesu

Night 3: Blood and Steel

His guilt was assured, they felt, when he pulled a knife on them.

Of course, most people would do something like that when accused of being a murderer in these circumstances. But why did he have a weapon in the first place?

In a word, it was shifty. Or at least, he seemed shifty right now, regardless of his actual personality. But in an environment such as this, where paranoia ran rampant over more reasonable emotions, it was enough for people to make their minds up. And having a weapon pulled on you will tend to colour your judgement.

Action was needed. That much everyone was starting to agree on, and they were starting to look for suspicious behaviour. And who was more suspicious right now than the guy with a knife? They accused him, and he denied it. But of course he would deny it, anyone would deny it in these circumstances.

The knife was old and damaged, but he gave them a look that dared them all to approach him. No-one did, no-one wanted to be the first to face him and the weapon that he had found. For while his defeat was assured, who knew how many he could wound seriously before that knife gave up? 

But his position was not a perfect defence. From behind, Quintus grabbed a loose tile off the fireplace and struck him on the back of the head. Nightspud hit the floor, and they used the opportunity to string him up, hoping to put an end to the insanity that had trapped them here. With his death, they thought, this accursed place would free them so they could return to their lives.

Unfortunately, they were wrong.

Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy) was an Explorer with a [Brittle] Knife and a Bead of Lerasium!

Night falls. PMs may now be sent again. The Turn will end at 9PM GMT on Friday 2nd.

Nightspud/Assassin in Burgundy (5): Aralis (Araris Valerian), Quintus (Jondesu), Professor Alberd Hae (Haelbarde), Eques Tempore (Straw), Juq (JUQ)
Arinian (4): Moro (Magestar), Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy), The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III), CL Anky (Clanky)
Nathan/Nathanvanduij (2): Isaac 'The Hammer' Jones (Elerion), Exion (Unodus)
Eques Tempore/Straw (1): Khaos (little wilson)

Character List

1. Dr Konwa Arelle (Wonko the Sane) - A biochromantic scholar.
  2. Frost (Doctor12) - He changed his name to something he thought sounded cool. Coincidentally, he is no longer invited to parties.
  3. Shara (Nyali) - A real estate agent that ain't afraid of no ghost, because she doesn't believe in them.
  4. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) - A thin piece of wood that has been cut off or that has fallen off a tree. - Explorer
  5. Aralis (Araries Valerian) - Not all-together there.
  6. Yiferien (Daniyah) - A murderous maid with her mind on the property market.
  7. Exion (Unodus) - Gambling with his life...
  8. Rotiart (Paranoid King) - Not suspicious at all guys.
  9. Moro (Magestar) - Searching for treasure.
  10. Bugsy (Bugsy6912) - Not related to any potential crook.
  11. Doctor Ryan Oglethorpe (phattemer) - Has a strange speaking problem. - Explorer
  12. Quintus (Jondesu) - Entering the mansion.
  13. Khaos (little wilson) - A fear junkie.
  14. Isaac 'The Hammer' Jones (Elenion) - In search of treasure.
  15. Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy) - A questionably starchy person. - Explorer
  16. Nathan (Nathanvanduij) - Signed up.
  17. Dr Artie Neuems (Arraenae) - An old gentleman comparing about today's youth. - Explorer
  18. Billy (Darkness Ascendant) - An rural man enamored by the House's appearance.
  19. Arinian (Arinian) - Appearing as himself.
  20. Greg Ronald (STINK) - TBA - Explorer
  21. Locke (Orlok Tsubodai) - George Washington in disguise.
  22. The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III) - Too easy...
  23. Aon Deag (Aonar Faileas) - Has no interest in buying, so what is he there for?
  24. Sean (polkinghorndb) - Planning on asset-stripping the House.
  25. C. L. Anky (Clanky) - Hired for investigative purposes.
  26. Prof. Alberd Hae (Haelbarde) - Searching for the research notes of the Five Scholars.
  27. The Lady of Chaos (The_Lady_Of_Chaos) - TBA
  28. Jeffery Wilferson (jefrywlfersn) - TBA
  29. Eques Tempore (Straw) - TBA
  30. Sheon Idris (Seonid) - A shade of his former self.
  31. Juq (JUQ) - TBA
  32. Huxton (The Young Bard) - He means well but does bad. - Explorer
  33. Kasther (Kasimir) - Intreped young estate agent. - Estate Agent
  34. Kresla (Elbereth) - Wide-eyed and innocent. This cannot end badly.
  35. Mark (Mark IV) - Better than Mark III.

Kasther's Pocketwatch

blu_1480712400.png

Edited by Alvron

Rule Clarifications:

1. Is there some secret special item that can give me more Actions?
Nope. Sorry, there isn't.

2. Can we use the upvote system to convey information?
As Wilson said - nope. Monkeying with rep is not allowed. Don't do it.

Edited by Kasimir
Thanks, Chief >>

Quicklinks
> Rules
> Night 0
> Day 1
> Night 1
> Day 2
> Night 2
> Day 3
> Night 3

Edit - Botherations. I had hoped that Assassin was false claiming to try and avoid the lynch. And she had a knife too? While I still stand by my belief that we shouldn't kill new players for underestimating the value of the lynch, that's not a cost I wish we had to pay for not doing so...
Edited by Haelbarde

29 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

Edit - Botherations. I had hoped that Assassin was false claiming to try and avoid the lynch. And she had a knife too? While I still stand by my belief that we shouldn't kill new players for underestimating the value of the lynch, that's not a cost I wish we had to pay for not doing so...

35 minutes ago, Wyrmhero said:

Bead of Lerasium

Also a lerasium bead.  Wonder what that does. 

2 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Also a lerasium bead.  Wonder what that does. 

I'd meant to say "fake claiming having lerasium", which is why I said "also a knife". As for what it does, N2 I was PM'd by someone who had a Lerasium alloy, and that seemed to work as expected - burn it to gain the allomantic ability. So I imagine it would do what you would expect it to - give you all the allomantic powers. Although, as I understand it, you have to have metal vials (like Sticks) to actually use the abilities.

2 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

Think that's a question for you... You were the only person to vote for him who was actually suspicious of him.

I started the vote on him I believe and it wasn't just for inactivity. I think if anything he is more suspicious now given the circumstances of the lynch that saved him. 

16 minutes ago, Clanky said:

I started the vote on him I believe and it wasn't just for inactivity. I think if anything he is more suspicious now given the circumstances of the lynch that saved him. 

Were you able to follow and keep track of the vote changes there? I know mine of course, but I lost some of it. It'd be interesting to note who voted for Arinian and who then retracted it, in addition to me, and if anyone else was doing similar things in reverse (I know my vote switching was the most frenzied, but I explained that).

30 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Were you able to follow and keep track of the vote changes there? I know mine of course, but I lost some of it. It'd be interesting to note who voted for Arinian and who then retracted it, in addition to me, and if anyone else was doing similar things in reverse (I know my vote switching was the most frenzied, but I explained that).

I tracked last cycle - here's the final tally with our last few votes:
Vote Tally
Assassin(4): Araris{1}, Straw{1}, JUQ{2}, Jondesu{2}, Hael{2}, Jondesu{3}
Elenion(0): Ecthelion{1}
Arinian(4): Clanky{1}, Unodus{1}, Ecthelion{2}, Assassin{2}, Magestar{1}, Jondesu{3}
Araris(0): Jondesu{1}, Assassin{1}
Ecthelion(0): Elenion{1}, JUQ{1}
Straw(1): Wilson{1}, Hael{1}
Nathan(2): Unodus{2}, Elenion{2}

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Arinian turns out to be an elim. I am for lynching him next cycle, bar any major changes in game state.

Also, I am exploring tonight, for anyone who is keeping track. I've explored every night so far.

Heh. So when we get another eliminator, we'll know who to blame :P

But anyway, curious - why the change of heart? You were more sure of him being a village last we heard.

@Ookla the Paranoid I asked too late in the cycle for you to respond, but you can still answer the question - could you articulate why you were suspicious of assassin? Because everyone else who voted had an adequate reason to, but not you. I'm not satisfied that you can't do any better than "had a gut feeling".

6 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

Heh. So when we get another eliminator, we'll know who to blame :P

But anyway, curious - why the change of heart? You were more sure of him being a village last we heard.

@Ookla the Paranoid I asked too late in the cycle for you to respond, but you can still answer the question - could you articulate why you were suspicious of assassin? Because everyone else who voted had an adequate reason to, but not you. I'm not satisfied that you can't do any better than "had a gut feeling".

I voted for Assassin because I felt he had been an unhelpful player and I was planning to take my vote off of him but I got wrapped up with RL stuff.

People with stuff keep dying... is it more common than I thought? Do most of you have nice things? (I mean, don't answer, that, obviously, but still...)

This almost makes me want to explore more, but I'm still wary of spawning Elims. I wish I had nice things, though.

EDIT: Hey, is it against the rules to use the upvote system as a game mechanic? Because if not, all the players with useful powers could upvote, say, Hael's quicklinks as a way of announcing themselves anonymously. That way, we could get some indication of how many of you there are in the game.

EDIT2: I'm getting notifications -- are people giving me upvotes for this? Please don't. I don't want this plan to be perceived as a bid for rep. If it weren't for the fact that there were already upvotes on the writeup and Kas's clarifications, I'd propose one of those. To the people who have clearly downvoted this post back to zero, thank you. I've said nothing extraordinary, and don't deserve a rep bump for this.

Edited by Wonko the Sane