4 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Tell that to the person who keeps shipping me with strangers.

There is a big difference between shipping and a harem, trust me on that :P

Also ever since you said thanks for shipping me you know I'll never stop right?

That didn't last long...

I'd like it to be noted that I don't like the Free Republic of Amania, and I will be taking the first transportation type out. I think this "Free Republic" is actually a dictatorship and should be crushed with extreme prejudice.

Notice how Amania is one letter away from Mania? That's not good.

Also this ones for Rae. Notice how Amania is one letter away or Amanda? That's not good. (Rae calls Aman Amanda for some reason)

@Amanuensis, it's almost certainly too late, but I'm in a half-asleep haze - with an horrifically early flight this morning, and so have decided to make an argument on behalf of @Straw.

Regardless of his alignment this game, I think it's undeniable that his attitude to the game, and the effort put in are greater than in any other game I've seen him play.

I would argue that this is behaviour we ought to be doing absolutely everything we can to encourage - rather than react by lynching him.

Although I'm more suspicious of Magestar, I'm going to put my vote on Elenion

10 minutes ago, little wilson said:

That didn't last long...

I'd like it to be noted that I don't like the Free Republic of Amania, and I will be taking the first transportation type out. I think this "Free Republic" is actually a dictatorship and should be crushed with extreme prejudice.

My second act as ruler will be selling Wilson to another nation as a slave, since she apparently doesn't appreciate all the blood, sweat and tears I shed trying to gain her freedom. Any bids?

3 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

@Amanuensis, it's almost certainly too late, but I'm in a half-asleep haze - with an horrifically early flight this morning, and so have decided to make an argument on behalf of @Straw.

Regardless of his alignment this game, I think it's undeniable that his attitude to the game, and the effort put in are greater than in any other game I've seen him play.

I would argue that this is behaviour we ought to be doing absolutely everything we can to encourage - rather than react by lynching him.

Although I'm more suspicious of Magestar, I'm going to put my vote on Elenion

(5) Straw: TheMightyLopen, Elenion, Ecthellion III, Magestar, The Young Bard

(4) Elenion: Kipper, Sart, Straw, OrlokTsubodai,

(1) Elbereth: Amanuensis,

(1) Master Elodin: jaimeleecee,

(1) The Young Bard: Mailliw73,

(1) Mailliw73: Arraenae,

(1) Emerald101: Stink,

(1) Ecthellion III: Renegade,

(1) Amanuensis: little wilson,

Well Lopen, you now how have the power to tip the lynch off of Straw and onto Elenion, if you so deem it necessary :P this is dangerously close to becoming a tie with vote manipulation but, I guess I wouldn't really mind that happening because it might give us some good info.

1 minute ago, little wilson said:

The gall.

Can I buy myself?

I'm open to consideration. What're you offering in return?

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

My second act as ruler will be selling Wilson to another nation as a slave, since she apparently doesn't appreciate all the blood, sweat and tears I shed trying to gain her freedom. Any bids?

I bid one GM Parrot who can say "PAFO" over and over again. Top that, Wilson. :P No offence intended, Wilson or Joe.

bla_1469937600.png

(5) Straw: Lopen, Elenion, Ec3, Magestar, Y. Bard
(4) Elenion: Kipper, Sart, Straw, Orlok
(1) Elbereth: Amanuensis,
(1) Elodin: jaimeleecee,
(1) Young Eyes, White Bard: Mailliw,
(1) Mailliw: Arraenae,
(1) Emerald: Stink,
(1) Ec3: Renegade
(1) Amanuensis: Wilson

EDIT: Lol, ninja'd by a vote tally.

Edited by The Only Joe

Anybody who has listened to Aman talk about the state of the world and the government should be worried about his self-titled "Free Republic".

I agree with Orlok. I think we should at least wait another Day to see if Straw does anything suspicious besides being more interested in this game. Maybe it's not the right call for this game, but it's the right call for the metagame if we want people to play and contribute. (As a side note, Stink also is being much more helpful this game, but nobody's lynching him.)

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Well Lopen, you now how have the power to tip the lynch off of Straw and onto Elenion, if you so deem it necessary :P this is dangerously close to becoming a tie with vote manipulation but, I guess I wouldn't really mind that happening because it might give us some good info.

I'm open to consideration. What're you offering in return?

Didn't you just say that you'd be suspicious of anyone who instigated a tie, because they kill two people?

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

If you're overly worried about vote manipulation, you could make a decision on the lynch candidates yourself, and not stay in the fantastically unscrutinised position of voting to help vote manipulators. Personally, I think aiding us in working out your alignment is worth losing a random for vote manipulators to work on.

This is actually the reason I'm not voting on Silverblade right now. He's paying more attention to the forum and the game than he ever has before, so I figure he's probably evil, but I like that he's being a little more active. That's a good thing. So punishing him for that activity is counterproductive.

What Orlok brings up about Straw being more serious about the game is something I thought about and I even acknowledged that in my initial accusation against Straw. He is being a bit more serious about the game I think, but it just came across to me as being out of character for him and thus suspicious. I honestly don't know what to do and so I will probably not do anything.

Also, Aman is not in the position I am in given he's not yet voting for either side and so all he can do is make a tie or add to the lead for Straw, which I really don't think he's gonna do. I can switch the lynch from Straw to Elenion with my vote change. But, I still think Straw is gonna keep playing even if we lynch him. If he's village, he shouldn't have to worry about always being lynched when being more serious, given we'll see that just because he's changed his playstyle a bit doesn't mean he's automatically evil. I'm more suspicious of Straw than I am of Elenion, and ultimately, that's how I'm gonna decide where to put(and keep) my vote.

I hate end of Turns too and like to not change anything within the last hour as my mind tends to panic for some reason. :P

6 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Didn't you just say that you'd be suspicious of anyone who instigated a tie, because they kill two people?

Gosh dangit I just had my response to this all typed up and the internet cut out and I lost it. Sigh.

Probably for the best. I'm not going to say what I was about to in public so the eliminators don't see. I'd offer to tell you in PM but I'm actually pretty suspicious of you after talking to a few players about what you've been saying in PMs, so I'd rather not ruin my plan.

Night 1: R.E.D

The room was filled with the scribbling of a quill on parchment. A letter was being written. A warrant. A Bribe. The Duke signed the letter decrying Straw as a Criminal and Conspirator, and read it over. He blew gently on the ink, then gently poured sand onto it, drying the ink. He folded the letter, poured on wax, and stamped it with his signet ring.

He tied the letter to another message, an authorization to transfer a large amount of money from his account to the Holder.It was no small sum, being enough to buy a mansion on the outskirts of the city. But the Duke had no doubts that it was worth it. The favors he would be owed for this act, from Iadon, certain members of the nobility, and those who feared Straw, would easily pay him back tenfold.

He grinned as a Servant entered the room, took the messages, and left for the Palace. Iadon would be more than happy to let the other conspirators take care of Straw for him. No one would interfere with the crowd.

Straw backed up until his back hit the wall. “Now now, sirs, we don’t need to do this.”

Ashkelon shook his fist at him from the front of the boisterous crowd. Straw had a hard time hearing his voice over the other’s calling for his public execution and decrying his god name as a traitor. “You’ve conspired to overthrow King Elhokar, I mean, King Iadon! Your sermons of dissension will not be tolerated!”

“I’m not conspiring against everyone! I’m just a happily retired man!”

His obvious non aggression and pleas fell on deaf ears. The crowd continued to yell, but none wanted to be the first to try to grab him. They still feared him for his size. He towered over them. Still, it wouldn’t be right to not give it one last try. “Citizens, please, there is no evidence of a Conspiracy against the king!”

The Crowd ignored him. Lopen and Kailin began egging the crowd on even further, attempting to push them over the edge.

Ashkelon grabbed the arm of a passing Guard and pulled him up. “Soldier! Arrest this man on charges of High Treason against the crown!”

The Guard looked up at Straw, who did his best to look loyal to the crown, and shook his head. “Apologies M’Lord, but we’ve been ordered not to interfere in this manner.”

Straw considered his options. The crowd was close to willing to grab him and kill him, the guards wouldn’t interfere, and he had no allies that he could see. But he could channel his past.

He stepped forward and roared, changing from a gentle giant to a thundering behemoth in an instant. The crowd quieted, and began to shrink away from him. “I am Innocent of crimes against the Crown, but if the Guards aren’t going to interfere in this matter, then I will happily defend myself”

He took another step forward, and cracked his knuckles. The yells began to return. Some yelled in terror, some gave orders to run away. 5 ordered the crowd onward, citing his threat as proof of his guilt.

“Ashkelon! You leave now. Don’t bring accusation like this against me again.” The crowd thinned out even more as Ashkelon glared at him.

“I will not! If the crowd will not enact justice, I will do so myself!” In one smooth motion, Ashkelon pivoted on one foot, snatching the Guard’s spear from his hand. He spun fully around, adding momentum to his thrust, he stabbed Straw in the Chest.

He roared in pain. Blood sprayed outward staining the crowd. Straw stumbled backwards, hitting the wall once more. He steadied himself, then grabbed the Spear with one hand. He bellowed as he pulled it out of his body.

His vision flashed and he nearly blacked out from pain, but he focused, and the pain receded. He rose to his full height and slammed the butt of the spear into the ground. The crowd silenced immediately.

Ashkelon stared, wide eyed and open mouthed as Straw looked around. In a much quieter voice than before, he spoke. “Does anyone here doubt that I could kill everyone here? Does anyone want to be the first to die on this spear? If not, leave, now.”

The crowd began to disperse, slowly at first, but then more and more hurrying away. After a minute, only Ashkelon and Straw remained. Straw ignored him and began to walk away, using the spear to support himself.

“Straw, what are you?”

He paused. “Retired.”

Straw was Lynched, but Survived!

(7) Straw: Lopen, Elenion, Ec3, Magestar, Y Bard, Amanuensis, Duke
(4) Elenion: Kipper, Sart, Straw, Orlok
(1) Spaghetti: Noble
(1) Elodin: jaimeleecee,
(1) Young Eyes, White Bard: Mailliw,
(1) Mailliw: Arraenae,
(1) Emerald: Stink,
(1) Ec3: Renegade
(1) Amanuensis: Wilson

Question: (Put answer in red please) In Honour of Mailliw's departure, I want to shorten the Day 2 cycle by 24 hours in order to allow him to see his final writeup. How many players object to this?

The Night will end in 24 Hours.

Edited by The Only Joe

1 minute ago, The Only Joe said:

Question: (Put answer in red please) In Honour of Mailliw's departure, I want to shorten the Day 2 cycle by 24 hours in order to allow him to see his final writeup. How many players object to this?

I'm fine with that.