Artifabrians can't make Shards. And no, there's no limit to Spanreeds. Which is why I'm curious about not getting any PMs yet. I mean, setting up a Spanreed as early as possible is smart. And if you just set one up with everyone, you don't have to use it again, freeing you up to use other items. So... why not use it?

Oh right. Also, GMs, if you give away your Spanreed will your PMs stay?

Well, yes. But at the same time, I feel like you're equating them to the same usefulness as Painrials, which I don't think they are, quite. 
(Later, right before sending this post: I don't actually agree with this anymore. PMs are also reallly useful, particularly for Artifabrians and such. So nevermind that point.)

PMs are indeed super useful. And looking at it from another perspective, if we were to decide that painrials are far and away the best item an artifabrian can make and they should be doing that immediately, it makes it really easy for the GBs to plan around - they can expect a lot of protection on night 2. This way they're not sure.

There may not have been any spanreeds to start with. I can imagine Maill doing this, as spanreeds were crucial to the outcome of LG5 in multiple ways.

Day 2: Whitespines

Ardel stared at the scribe, waiting to dictate, for a long moment.

Then he waved her away. “I have nothing I need to say at the moment. I believe I shall take a walk in the marketplace, actually. Dismissed.”

She nodded and began putting away the spanreed as he left, walking out into the dusk-tinged air. He was immediately accosted by a merchant, of course.

“Brightlord! Wouldn’t you like a baby whitespine to keep your daughters company?”

“I don’t even have daughters.”

“Your wife, then. Wouldn’t she enjoy a dormant little whitespine to show all her friends?”

Ardel peered suspiciously at the objects. “They don’t look like whitespines that much...” he said doubtfully.

“They’re babies. Of course they don’t! They haven’t reached the juvenile stage yet and morphed into their terminal forms.”

“But they’re not even scaled, really. They’re just... white lumps.”

“That’s because they’re cocooned right now, of course!” she said brightly.

Ardel shook his head. “Thanks, but I don’t think my wife would want a bunch of white rocks with the potential to grow up into terrifying predators someday.”

He walked away, but she followed. “Oh, but she’d love them, I promise!” She continued to babble on as Ardel walked faster. He ducked into an alley, but even then she followed him. Finally, he broke into an all-out run, turning corners sharply without really caring where he was going. He wanted peace and quiet, storm it, not mindless babble!

Finally he drew to a halt, panting. He’d finally lost her. But as he looked around, he realized he had no idea where he was. He stood at an intersection of two dark alleys, with nothing but darkness down either. Sunset had come and gone, and twilight was drawing on.

With no alternative, he picked an alley at random and started down it. Soon, he heard the soft murmur of voices, which encouraged him. He walked faster. Even that storming merchant would have been preferable to this!

He emerged into a little courtyard, where a few figures were conversing in low tones. Together, they turned to look at him. Ardel saw the glint of steel from one.

“No, please,” he said. “I just want to find my way out of here. That’s all! Just point me to the way out!”

They paused for a moment in the dimness, but then one of them shook his head. Or her head? He couldn’t tell, in the twilight.

As they advanced, Ardel screamed for help. But none came when they heard, and none came when the scream was cut off with the suddenness of death.

Hellscythe tried to walk with his usual measured tread through the night, but he kept finding himself speeding up. The king’s death was a bad sign. If the assassins had managed to get into the palace, past all the guards there, where couldn’t they get in? There was no reason they couldn’t be out there right now, waiting to kill him in order to assassinate his lord.

He stiffened. Had that been a sound in the darkness? He coudn’t be sure. But he lifted his shield warily and stood still.

And there it was again. He peered into the dimness, vaguely making out a figure creeping through the darkness.

“Halt and identify yourself!” he said, voice shaking only a little.

He heard a distinct sigh. Then a bright shardblade appeared, pointed directly at him. He yelped and raised his shield just in time to stop being pierced through. Thank the Stormfather for these half-shard shields, he thought. He couldn’t attempt to duel with a Shardbearer, though.

He backed away, scrabbling at his hip for the whistle to raise the alarm.

But he had forgotten something important. His back was to the open market.

As he took a breath, he was hit in the back with an arrow. Then two, and three just to be sure.

The breath was let out without a sound, and thus Hellscythe died.

Axies tiptoed through the marketplace, now quiet and still in the darkness. He couldn’t come out during the day, of course. The spikes through his eyes tended to put people off. A cloak mitigated that, of course, but he couldn’t risk it.

Then he heard a sharp hiss. He turned and saw a hooded figure staring at him. He was suddenly very conscious of the fact that his hood had fallen down, revealing his abnormal features in the light of the moons.

He started to back away, but he’d already been seen. Was there much of a point in running? It’d just prove he was guilty of something. So he held still as the figure came closer.

After a moment, slightly creeped out by the figure’s silence, Axies ventured a whispered “Hello?”

No response.

“Who are you?” Silence. “I’m a traveller, from another world. I came here because of the king.”

Finally, a response. “Did you kill the king?”

“What? No! Of course not! I wouldn’t do something like-” he faltered, remembering other times and other worlds. “I didn’t kill him. Okay?”

The figure was silent for a moment.

Then a Shardblade materialized inside Axies’ heart.

He looked down, wincing. “One spike too many...” he muttered. But he managed to pull himself off of the blade, drawing on his goldminds until he was healed again.

The figure stood still for a moment.

Then it beheaded him.

Hellscythe was killed by Grandbow! He was a Noble with a Pain Knife and a Half-Shard.

Axies was killed by Shardblade! He was a Noble with a Spanreed and Painrial.

Ardel was killed by the Ghostbloods! He was a Noble with a Spanreed.

You have 48 hours to decide on a lynch. The turn will end on Wednesday at 9:00 pm MST.

gre_1461812400.png

Edited by Mailliw73

*is bummed because now my character must attend her bf's funeral and should probably declare an heir which i would do through rp at one point in my life except i have no idea how this particular world works because I have never read the books send help*

Tears rolled down Itachi's face as they put Hellscythe's lifeless body on the stack of wood. Itachi grabbed his wife's hand and walked over to Luna "I'm very sorry for your loss Luna, I know you cared for Hellscythe as much as I did. I promise you I'll find the person who did this and make them pay" he said. 

Itachi being Hellscythe's best friend was to do the honors of burning the body. He took the torch and oil, he could feel the heat from the torch as he approached the stack of wood which held his friends corpse. Itachi Poured the oil on the wood and lit the stack with the torch. "Rest easy my friend, I will avenge you" he whispered as flames consumed the body.

Once the funeral was over the ashes were given to Luna. Itachi tapped her on the shoulder "Luna I have decided to make you my new heir, I hope you will accept". This was by far the worst day of Itachi's life and one that he would never forget. Life is a beautiful thing and to see it taken so easily from his friend, it changed him.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

LUNA is my new heir

Edited by DeathClutch19

Are people killing random people with their shiny weapons or are all these deaths ghostblood doing.

If all of these are ghostblood attacks they will massacre all of us in a few nights while we cant even talk to each other properly.

Edited by yafeshan

Are people killing random people with their shiny weapons or are all these deaths ghostblood doing.

If all of these are ghostblood attacks they will massacre all of us in a few nights while we cant even talk to each other properly.

My current assumption is that Maili used the locution 'by the Ghostbloods' in order to indicate that the kill that took Araris down was specifically the Ghostblood kill. To be fair, depending on team composition, the Ghostbloods could have a Grandbow: this tells us nothing so far because a Grandbow killing on N1 would be perfectly consistent with either a Vigilante Noble or a Ghostblood Archer, and so it is not particularly informative as evidence.

However, I'm about 80% certain that the Shardblade wielder should be a Noble because the Ghostbloods have the goal of getting a Shardblade. Kind of defeats the point if they started with one. could have been raised in favour of a Noble Shardblade wielder is if they had not killed the first night, since we would exactly expect the Ghostbloods to go on a killing spree had they a Shardblade. To be sure, this is an asymmetric point: that there is a kill evidentially supports either that we have a Vigilante Noble, or that the Ghostbloods have a Shardblade. But had there been no kill, it would have stronger evidential support for there being a Noble Wielder than a Ghostblood Wielder.] So the 20% uncertainty includes the knowledge that Maili is a troll, and that we don't have assurance it is a safe item.

DeathClutch, why the day Heiring? Seems to me a great way to avoid having to chime in on a lynch.

Note: The grey brackets denote an additional point I am making that is, however, neither germane nor essential to my main point.

Edited for colour.

Edit 2: I don't think the Ghostbloods have both a Grandbow and a Shardblade though. That would be so overpowered that what, 90% of us should have Shardplate or something. So if the statement 'Either the Ghostbloods have a Grandbow or they have a Shardblade' is true (which it might not be, but we have no evidence to tell either way at this stage), then I would be more willing to put my spheres on the Shardblade being on our side.

Edited by Kasimir

I think that there is one aspect that we haven't looked at yet though. The Thief.

Being a former thief myself, I found that prolonging the game for a thief is much better. But, I'm not sure that that's necessarily good for us. So, people, what are your thoughts for the thief?

I think I know who the thief is.

What are my thoughts on the thief? That they should use that Reverser well, being a neutral party and all. We should be wary of them, because they are neutral. Depending on who the thief is, they could be more partial to the village or the Ghostbloods, but regardless of who they're partial to, if they sense that the Ghostbloods are losing pretty terribly, and they have information that would even up the scales a bit, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they helped them out. We cannot afford to trust the thief. They do not have our win condition and they can win with either team.

And yes, that second sentence was saying that the Reverser I got from StrawMan was stolen last night. I should've predicted that it would be and passed it to someone to keep it out of neutral hands, but I'd forgotten about the thief. Ah well. Hindsight and all that.

Well, the thief had better help us if s/he wants to win because we're not doing so good. Four townie deaths already... ouch :( Oh, and I just checked the writeup to verify. The thief only wants to steal one of each item, s/he doesn't have to keep one of each item by the end of the game. So, even though s/he loses the item after using it once, that's not a problem for their win condition. So, hopefully s/he will use the Reverser she very likely stole from Wilson last night (since we all know she had it due to Heiring) in a way that helps the town.

List of living people who haven't posted yet:

Alvron
AliasSheep
Macen
Yafeshan
Seonid
Burnt Spaghetti
Trelagist

Can we please hear something from each of you today? I guess I'll try to poke people into talking by going down this list, alphabetically. That means Alv is first. I'll change my vote when Alv posts, or when there's a far better candidate.

Oh, and ouch! We lost two Spanreeds already... I hope we have some more left. :( At least all the Artifabrians are still alive.

technically the spanreeds arent lost. They would have gone to the persons killer or heir, so they arent lost entirely. However, we do know that if they both went to their killers (cause I dont know who chose heirs or not. people could have done that at night as one of their actions), then one is probably currently being held by a ghostblood.

oh and sorry for not posting earlier. I am trying to finish catching up on all my homework this week, so that when classes start again, next week, I'm all up to date. I have a decent amount to do...

I'll be putting my vote on Joe. Your call asking for someone PMing you seems phishy to me as that is basically ask people "Who has a spanreed?" Now, that is a bit on the non-good side for me.

But of course, that might just be a completely innocent call for some chat. Some things, you just never will know. :P

EDIT:

Joe oh wait. I misread that post to mean something else entirely. My fault! X(

Edited by Mark IV

Normally I would say that the Ghostbloods might have killed Araris for his Spanreed. But Araris doesn't like using PMs. (This is the exact kind of situation I had in mind when I said "give your spanreed to someone who will use it"...) So I'm guessing it was just a random kill, in that case. Unless anyone actually got a PM from Araris? I certainly didn't. At least this removes my sneaking suspicion that no one in this game had Spanreeds... And now, hopefully, those Spanreeds have gone to people who will use them? Maybe?

Nyali, Alv technically has posted. He didn't say anything game relevant, but he did post.

Nyali, Alv technically has posted. He didn't say anything game relevant, but he did post.

Wasn't that during the night though? It's a bit confusing with the posts merging, but it's after Strawman's deathcry, so it looks like a night post. I wasn't counting night posts since they can't relate to game. I think Macen also posted during the night. Though, there are actually a few people who didn't post any insights or commentary directly relating to the elimination game itself yet (either all RP or posts about how they'll be too busy to post), like Lopen and Silver Dragon. It'd be nice to hear from them too.

Either Deathclutch is Heiring again because they have an extremely important item, or Deathclutch is a Ghostblood trying to avoid having to vote on a lynch. Either the Ghostbloods killed Hellscythe because Deathclutch declared Hellscythe as heir and they wanted to invalidate his Heiring forcing him to spend another vote or action on re-Heiring, or Deathclutch is a Ghostblood who wanted to try to divert suspicion by declaring an heir and then confirming that heir was a townie by killing them.

And honestly, going "omg, how could you kill my heir? I'll do anything I can to get my revenge! There will be no mercy" and then declaring an heir, which prevents him from voting for a lynch (unless he changes his action before the end of the day), is super suspicious... Choosing not to even try to kill a Ghostblood with the town kill is kinda a kind of mercy, you know :P

What? Who said night posts can't relate to game? They totally can. You can't lync anyone, but that doesn't mean you can't discuss. Sure, nights are usually a bit quieter (often because PMs happen more, which does apply in this game even though PMs are allowed during the day because Spanreeds can only be used at night), but that doesn't mean we can't talk.

I'm here and I've caught up on the reading. I didn't really garner much information as of yet, need to re-read and analyse the posts a bit better, but as of right now my only suspect is Kas. 

It's more based on gut feeling then any evidence at the moment. I'm going to analyze posts and see if I can figure out why I have that feeling.

Edited by Macen

What? Who said night posts can't relate to game? They totally can. You can't lync anyone, but that doesn't mean you can't discuss. Sure, nights are usually a bit quieter (often because PMs happen more, which does apply in this game even though PMs are allowed during the day because Spanreeds can only be used at night), but that doesn't mean we can't talk.

Oh, really? I should have read the rules closer ^^; I'm used to the mafiascum rules and just assumed the basics were being used here (all communication relating to the game allowed only in the game's thread during the day phase, no game-related communication allowed at any other time or in any other place unless specifically allowed by the specific game's rules).