Long Game 73: The Forgotten Coup

Sart

18 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

Normally I'd argue against this 'cause ties but tbh at this point so long as it's intentional I guess it's fine? :P. 

17 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I love ties.

But that may be because Alvron's chaos has infected me and is slowly eating me from the inside out

[OOC: Nothing's wrong with ties. I like them for reasons that don't have much to do with Alv's influence. In a game where both people voted on die, or both people voted on do not die, they become more risky but they're a legitimate Village strategy as much as anything else.]

5 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Sure, I'll jump on the Mat train. Leave me alone! :P

???

connie, where did this come from?

4 minutes ago, Flyingbooks said:

Can somebody please summarize what's been going on for me?

Where did you leave?

- Striker and I argued, Striker is stubborn.
 - Ash and I argued, Ash is less stubborn, but still stubborn
 - Archer came out (as non-rithmatist)
 - People on Archer are switching to Mat (honored and all, but what?
 - Connie just switched to Mat, no sense.

P.S.

Also, reading back through the thread, Illwei is wondering why all of her Elim- reads are the only Nulls on Mat's reads list smh :P.

Edited by Illwei

Just now, Kasimir said:

[OOC: Nothing's wrong with ties. I like them for reasons that don't have much to do with Alv's influence. In a game where both people voted on die, or both people voted on do not die, they become more risky but they're a legitimate Village strategy as much as anything else.]

I know that nothing's wrong with ties but I've had a lot of bad experiences with very last minute ties that lead to the death of either myself, one of my teammates if I was elim, or one of my strongest vil reads if I was vil. (LG72 C1-C3 with my death being a last-minute tie C3, kinda QF49 C1 although that didn't end up being a tie 'cause I didn't self-pres, AG7 D1, QF50 C1-C2, etc.)

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

???

connie, where did this come from?

Well, it was more of a joke. I was honestly planning to remove it in a little bit, but I'll remove it now. Mat.

I didn't have any reasoning other than "Hey, there's a train on Mat!" and "Mat keeps saying I'm sus!"

2 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

... very much do not like this. For one thing I noticed that edit :P. For another, we've... hashed this out a lot. Even if we're still at an impasse on whether I believe Illwei, she's given her own reasons multiple times.

... I think I tend to equivocate "big" with "good". At least, Archer did do some big half-analysis posts D1, which is a lot more than I did. So it's less I trusted him for the content than him actually doing it, because it gives a frame to go back on.

That being said... I need to see if it actually makes sense.

I think I was trying to understand why Illwei was directing me to an OOG source... and I'm pretty sure at that point I was trying to understand whether Illwei was saying she forgot the action or just didn't put in the action intentionally.

And I don't know why Illwei would lie. But from what I can see, her actions do not make sense regardless of alignment, and that was how I found her as Elim in LG69 - taking an action that neither benefited the Elims nor Village, because she simply hadn't seen her best course of action as an Elim. So I'm still suspicious. Striker's backup justifies most of what Illwei's said - unless Striker is also an Elim. But who knows at this point.

The edit was only to make my post more specific...

And also, she has given her own reasons, but that doesn’t mean I have to believe them. This game is all about lying and deception after all. If this post was meant to get me to not vote on Illwei, it had the opposite effect. The last paragraph actually has solidified my read of her, if she’s done something like this in a game where she was elim. Though, I can’t remember who you’re voting on, so that last bit might be redundant...

5 minutes ago, Illwei said:

- People on Archer are switching to Mat (honored and all, but what?

[OOC: I don't particularly have a preference between you or Mat getting CMed, and at this point, I'm a tad bit more interested in Mat to further shed light on the events of D1. So yeah, info-CM, lesgo.]

Edited by Kasimir

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Uh... just... don't have all the Illwei voters split between Illwei and Mat and get Archer killed.

?

People have come off of Archer, not me. ? it's still You, Archer, Striker, Ventyl, and now Random Bystander.

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

info-CM

Info kill bad

Edited by Illwei

2 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

did you RNG that you think Mat's sus? :P

It's a joke from the "Among Us" Discord server that has now been renamed and where it's probably been a month since we played among us.

Just now, Illwei said:

Hey is there a chance that you know this because he's already had to clarify in the Elim doc? :P.

Sure! And there's an equally likely chance that I asked to try to distance myself from the two of them subtly! *crumples up a ball of tinfoil* *throws it at Illwei's head*