5 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Alleine jerked out of the reverie she had fallen into, trying to process what she’d heard. It was all a bit much for her, but that bit about a third Metallic Art... now that was a secret people would pay for. And pay dearly.

She looked up at the man, inspecting him further. He looked like the type to sell too easy and too quick. Someone she’d eventually have to get rid of, if she couldn’t control him. But, for now, perhaps it was better if they stuck together.

”Do you know what it says to me when someone steals my drink in a run-down rust hole like this one?” She whispered. “It says that he’s desperate. That he turned up here because he needs coin more than a Coinshot who’s out of bullets.”

Alleine tugged on that sense of desperation just a bit, and any kind of curiosity he might be feeling towards her. She didn’t care if he noticed it.

”Do you know how much someone would pay to find out about this?” Alleine said. “I doubt either of us do. But I do know people who could find out. And I think it might be enough for you to afford your own drinks for a very long time.”

Drae grunted in response and unconsciously clenched his empty pockets he was broke, poor as an urchin, poorer, and he had just signed up for a religious holiday. "So your a rioter, and you've figured me out like a five year old's maths problem." He looked up into her emerald greens eyes "And do you have a name Miss Rioter?" he asked before leaning back and taking a long swig of his beer.

"Just because people will pay for it doesn't mean that you'll profit in the long run. I am a perfect example of someone who messed up real bad by making that assumption." he said dramatically gesturing at himself and displaying his coinless pockets. "But if you know a few people, maybe the risks would be fewer than normal; and the Survivor knows that I'll be wanting a drink or two in the long run." Drae tugged on his braided beard and twisted the leather band around his arm as he weighed various pros and cons in his mind. He started nodding slowly. "The market we'll be looking at wasn't really something I intended to return to, too many contacts, too many enemies." His voice turned into a low, raspy whisper "But if it means spending more time with you...then I think I just made a very bad decision. And would you please stop tugging at my emotions." 

"There is that other commitment with Eryn I'm tagging along on, you may have to join me if were going to band together, Miss Rioter." he said, "but remember that there is a reason I'm desperate enough to steal a poor lass' gin, bad luck has a bad habit of nipping at my heals, particularly in the Elendel." Then he laughed, looking up as nostalgia filled his eyes "Rusting Elendel" he muttered as he chugged down the rest of his drink then he hijacked some whisky from the barman's cabinet to refill his glass."Would you like some?" he asked, holding out the bottle to Miss Rioter.  

Mirette remained standing just inside the tavern, unable to move any further. She was too far away to pick out individual conversations, only hearing fragmented words. Common sense told her to turn around, leave and never return. But Raven wouldn’t accept that, and besides, she had nowhere else to go. 

She glanced at the Inquisitor again. Those metal eyes were more piercing than they should’ve been. But... if it truly was an Inquisitor, it hadn’t harmed anyone yet. Steeling herself, she walked over and took a seat at the bar, beginning to eavesdrop as she waited for the barkeep. 

@Ookla the Stick

Edited by The Awakened Salad

2 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Mirette remained standing just inside the tavern, unable to move any further. She was too far away to pick out individual conversations, only hearing fragmented words. Common sense told her to turn around, leave and never return. But Raven wouldn’t accept that, and besides, she had nowhere else to go. 

She glanced at the Inquisitor again. Those metal eyes were more piercing than they should’ve been. But... if it truly was an Inquisitor, it hadn’t harmed anyone yet. Steeling herself, she walked over and took a seat at the bar, beginning to eavesdrop as she waited for the barkeep. 

@Ookla the Stick

I am, unfortunately, unable to give upvotes.  But those were nice puns!

As the storm seemed to have been avoided, Adilie sat at the bar and started to store her connection with everyone except Marie -she was unsure whether it would free her or not. She had thought moments like this would not be necessary with the amount of duralumin Harmony had given her, but she had already downed four bottles and only had one left on her.

14 hours ago, AonEne said:

Excellent, I'm writing her correctly then :P

Honestly, ooc she's constantly making me laugh, ic I should have made her shut up earlier but she's SO funny :D

2 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

@Ookla the Stick

... hoping these pun were involuntary

14 minutes ago, mathiau said:

As the storm seemed to have been avoided, Adilie sat at the bar and started to store her connection with everyone except Marie -she was unsure whether it would free her or not. She had thought moments like this would not be necessary with the amount of duralumin Harmony had given her, but she had already downed four bottles and only had one left on her.

5 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

Drae grunted in response and unconsciously clenched his empty pockets he was broke, poor as an urchin, poorer, and he had just signed up for a religious holiday. "So your a rioter, and you've figured me out like a five year old's maths problem." He looked up into her emerald greens eyes "And do you have a name Miss Rioter?" he asked before leaning back and taking a long swig of his beer.

"Just because people will pay for it doesn't mean that you'll profit in the long run. I am a perfect example of someone who messed up real bad by making that assumption." he said dramatically gesturing at himself and displaying his coinless pockets. "But if you know a few people, maybe the risks would be fewer than normal; and the Survivor knows that I'll be wanting a drink or two in the long run." Drae tugged on his braided beard and twisted the leather band around his arm as he weighed various pros and cons in his mind. He started nodding slowly. "The market we'll be looking at wasn't really something I intended to return to, too many contacts, too many enemies." His voice turned into a low, raspy whisper "But if it means spending more time with you...then I think I just made a very bad decision. And would you please stop tugging at my emotions." 

"There is that other commitment with Eryn I'm tagging along on, you may have to join me if were going to band together, Miss Rioter." he said, "but remember that there is a reason I'm desperate enough to steal a poor lass' gin, bad luck has a bad habit of nipping at my heals, particularly in the Elendel." Then he laughed, looking up as nostalgia filled his eyes "Rusting Elendel" he muttered as he chugged down the rest of his drink then he hijacked some whisky from the barman's cabinet to refill his glass."Would you like some?" he asked, holding out the bottle to Miss Rioter.  

It seemed the assassin had passed out again, and Eryn doubted he would tell them more. With a faint sigh she walked over and tore the second spike out of the man’s shoulder.

”In this town,” she asked, “there is Temple to Sovereign, ja? Maybe you,” she jabbed a finger at the man by the counter, the one who worshiped the Sovereign, “can show me?” Hopefully she could get the full spike somewhere it could be stored before the power was lost.

6 hours ago, mathiau said:

Honestly, ooc she's constantly making me laugh, ic I should have made her shut up earlier but she's SO funny

Oh yay, I worried that I was annoying people OOC as well, glad to find I'm not!

Marie followed the newcomer with her gaze as she walked in, burning bronze slightly to take in the room's Investiture. She tried to imagine beating the metals out of some of these civilians, testing the limits of her orders. Any intent to actually do something, and her mind slipped to other things. Simply thinking about killing or shedding blood, however, seemed to be okay.

3 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Marie followed the newcomer with her gaze as she walked in, burning bronze slightly to take in the room's Investiture. She tried to imagine beating the metals out of some of these civilians, testing the limits of her orders. Any intent to actually do something, and her mind slipped to other things. Simply thinking about killing or shedding blood, however, seemed to be okay.

How good is Marie with bronze? Because she could notice that Eryn taps something when she burns pewter. Which Eryn isn’t doing right now.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

How good is Marie with bronze? Because she could notice that Eryn taps something when she burns pewter.

She's been doing it for some 300~400 years, so she'd probably notice, yeah.

9 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

It seemed the assassin had passed out again, and Eryn doubted he would tell them more. With a faint sigh she walked over and tore the second spike out of the man’s shoulder.

”In this town,” she asked, “there is Temple to Sovereign, ja? Maybe you,” she jabbed a finger at the man by the counter, the one who worshiped the Sovereign, “can show me?” Hopefully she could get the full spike somewhere it could be stored before the power was lost.

Drae perked an eyebrow at the finger that appeared in front of his chest. "I'm still new new to town, but the survivor's churches aren't too hard to pick out ya know, big glass things. Come on then, lets go." He said standing up and walking towards the door, gesturing at anyone who might want to follow him. 

Just now, Lecky Twig said:

Drae perked an eyebrow at the finger that appeared in front of his chest. "I'm still new new to town, but the survivor's churches aren't too hard to pick out ya know, big glass things. Come on then, lets go." He said standing up and walking towards the door, gesturing at anyone who might want to follow him. 

51 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy walked out of the side room and sat down. 

Eryn nodded, hoisting her pack and heading toward the door. “You,” she called to the scholar, “coming?”

31 minutes ago, Invocation said:

When they walked out of the door, Aaron stood up from where he'd been sitting on the edge of the porch. "I'm half surprised you're still alive."

Who wants to tell Aaron who defeated the Inquisitor?

Eryn shot him a blank look. “Told you. If the metal-eyed one wanted to kill, outside not help.

”We are going to town’s Sovereign temple. Have something for him. Coming?”

2 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn shot him a blank look. “Told you. If the metal-eyed one wanted to kill, outside not help.

”We are going to town’s Sovereign temple. Have something for him. Coming?”

"Sure. Might as well." He still disagreed about being outside changing anything, but that conversation was over and done already. No sense bringing it back.

Well, she hasn't forced me to stay close to her yet, Marie thought. Though if she went outside and flew off she'd probably catch Harmony's attention... She flared pewter for a moment just for the burn of it, then started walking outside anyway. Maybe she'd be able to get away with something if Adilie wasn't directly watching her.

2 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

Drae climbed up onto on of the taven's supporting posts and started jumping up and down to get a good veiw over the town buildings. "There." he called out to Eryn below, pointing west towards the building with destinctively large windows.

Eryn nodded in affirmation, walking briskly toward the temple. She would need to find another of the Sovereign’s people there, but they had ways of finding one another. 

Looking up, for a moment she thought she saw a flicker of motion, a puff of mist, gone too quickly to be certain. Had she not been trained as a Hunter she might not have noticed at all.

3 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn nodded in affirmation, walking briskly toward the temple. She would need to find another of the Sovereign’s people there, but they had ways of finding one another. 

Looking up, for a moment she thought she saw a flicker of motion, a puff of mist, gone too quickly to be certain. Had she not been trained as a Hunter she might not have noticed at all.

Drae jumped off his pole and jogged briefly to catch up with Eryn. "What was that you just glanced at." he whispered to her. "And don't pretend I didn't notice you looking, I could see everything from up that pole." He looked back over his shoulder as he walked away from the tavern, hoping to see his rioter come out the door to join him. 

17 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

Drae jumped off his pole and jogged briefly to catch up with Eryn. "What was that you just glanced at." he whispered to her. "And don't pretend I didn't notice you looking, I could see everything from up that pole." He looked back over his shoulder as he walked away from the tavern, hoping to see his rioter come out the door to join him. 

“Thought maybe movement. Nothing now.”

She   paused briefly near the temple, before heading up to the doors. She lightly brushed the tips of her gloves fingers against the delicate blue flowers growing alongside the walkway. 

”Sovereign like these,” she noted. “Brought us some. Grow in many places now.”

Marewill flowers. I think it’s fair to assume Kell would be fond of them.

29 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Thought maybe movement. Nothing now.”

She   paused briefly near the temple, before heading up to the doors. She lightly brushed the tips of her gloves fingers against the delicate blue flowers growing alongside the walkway. 

”Sovereign like these,” she noted. “Brought us some. Grow in many places now.”

"So what are you planning to do with them spikes? Just gonna leave them here somewhere, or were you thinking that someone would be here to meet you." Drae said as he looked around the empty church.

Wait, did that shadow just flicker? He natrowed his eyes suspiciously at the window to let the phantom shadow know that he'd been sighted.