3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy made a note of what the inquisitor had said, entered the room, and passed out after laying down.

5 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Marie drew a coin out of her pouch and Pushed it out of her hand, then Pulled it back in, savoring the slap of metal hitting flesh. Push, Pull, like one of those child's games with a ball on a string. "Right then, this man is a kandra, one of your so-called Holy Ones." The coin zoomed in his direction for a foot before being Pulled back. "The hands and mouth of Harmony, and just as able to lose their fragile tempers as you mortals are. Nothing special about them except that they can eat you."

She made her face innocent when her jailer tried to calm them down. I can't tell the others what she's doing, but perhaps I can allude to it... "You know how to make me stop talking, darling," Marie got out, and then her vocal cords decided that was enough.

"Oh great. Now look what you've done! Wait. Actually, don't. It'll bring you an extreme amount of happiness."

10 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“If you wish travel with me you may,” Eryn said calmly, oddly bemused at the reactions, “so long as my master does not instruct me no. I am no master of the third art, but I can teach what I know. As for the Sovereign...”

She looked thoughtfully at the overly excited man. “My master work to protect us and this world. I do not know from where comes his metal eye. He does not seem mind. Would take out otherwise, ja?”

Drae groaned slightly and gave a nod of appreciation in Eryn's direction. What had he gotten himself into? 

9 hours ago, mathiau said:

Adilie rolled her eyes as she heard everyone wanted to learn hemalurgy "Before you ask about learning how to steal people souls, you might wanna know that side effects include 'beeing mind controlled by emotional allomancers'"

Drae perked up at this and looked at the lady beside him, he whispered "your going to have to tell me how you picked out my soothing earlier, because I think this world has just changed for emotional allomancers, especially if this gets out (which I'll make sure it does); And I don't know if it's changed for better or worse." 

@ZincAboutIt

Edited by Lecky Twig

2 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn nodded. “That one commands you. I know; Ett said.”

Adilie didn't try to dismiss it, it was for too late "Ett said? how many gods talk to you?"

2 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

Drae perked up at this and looked at the lady beside him, he whispered "your going to have to tell me how you picked out my soothing earlier, because I think this world has just changed for emotional allomancers, especially if this gets out (which I'll make sure it does); And I don't know if it's changed for better or worse." 

I think you meant to ping @ZincAboutIt

3 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Oh great. Now look what you've done! Wait. Actually, don't. It'll bring you an extreme amount of happiness."

"You both explicitly asked me to." She winked at him. "Reconsidering telling Harmony you'd watch me?"

2 minutes ago, AonEne said:

"You both explicitly asked me to." She winked at him. "Reconsidering telling Harmony you'd watch me?"

"Of course not! This is why we need to watch you, to give poor Harmony a rusting break from your annoyingness for once!"

Edited by AmazingGoob

3 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Of course not! This is why we need to watch you, to give poor Harmony a rusting break from your annoyingness for once!"

She beamed at him. "Right, right, because our- your god is fallible and he needs breaks from one measly Inquisitor! Glad we made that clear to everyone."

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

She beamed at him. "Right, right, because our- your god is fallible and he needs breaks from one measly Inquisitor! Glad we made that clear to everyone."

"I've not been around you for an hour and I already feel like I need a break from you too"

1 minute ago, mathiau said:

"I've not been around you for an hour and I already feel like I need a break from you too"

Excellent, I'm writing her correctly then :P

"Oh, please do," she said, posture turning serious, summoning the coin to her palm and clenching her fist around it. Its rough scrape matched the one in her voice as she smiled at the other woman. "Go ahead and take one."

Just now, AonEne said:

"Oh, please do," she said, posture turning serious, summoning the coin to her palm and clenching her fist around it. Its rough scrape matched the one in her voice as she smiled at the other woman. "Go ahead and take one."

Adilie eated another duralumin bead, compounded connection and ordered a big "SHUT UP" to Marie

4 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Adilie eated another duralumin bead, compounded connection and ordered a big "SHUT UP" to Marie

@Kingsdaughter613
"Thank you. Now." he turns to Eryn. "Could you please just hold off on the hemalurgy? You can explain it all you want to these people who already know about it's existence, just please don't reveal it to anyone else, alright?"

2 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

@Kingsdaughter613
"Thank you. Now." he turns to Eryn. "Could you please just hold off on the hemalurgy? You can explain it all you want to these people who already know about it's existence, just please don't reveal it to anyone else, alright?"

“If my master agrees,” Eryn affirmed. He probably would; the Sovereign seemingly chose to respect Ett’s dominion here, so long as it did not interfere with his goals.

The following morning, as Tomsel ate, he considered the boy's request. Just an idle thought, of course; Tomsel was no fighting man. Well, he'd tried sports in school - wrestling, boxing, even fencing - but he hadn't been good at any of them. Using pewter was against the rules in normal matches, and it seemed that all the competitors in the pewter leagues had dedicated their lives to their sports. He would likely find the same situation in the roughs. Who lived out there but career criminals? Tomsel wouldn't have a fighting chance against those kinds of men, not even with pewter. Besides, there were firearms nowadays that could deal just as much damage to a thug as any other man. Tomsel would be no use to the boy's family. They would just have to survive on their own.

Lucas sulked up the stairs to Mr. Cett's laboratory. Would it have been better to tell the truth? Probably not. If sympathy wouldn't get that old man away from his vials and stills, then nothing would. Pushing open the door to the laboratory's main room, Lucas looked around. There was Mr. Cett, standing behind his desk as if he hadn't moved since Lucas left the day before. He barely acknowledged Lucas, who washed his hands before donning his borrowed laboratory gloves and goggles; they would be casting allomantic beads today. Those, once cooled, would be covered with a thin wax coating to prevent them from tarnishing, then sold to a distributor who would put them in vials with whatever solution the consumers were likely to buy. (Some preferred the traditional alcohol solution, others who were buying in bulk tended to opt for water, and, interestingly, there seemed to be some market for cod liver oil.)

"Fetch the molds, boy." Mr. Cett's hoarse voice was impassive and calm. Their exchange of the day before was to have no lasting effect on their relationship, then. Lucas couldn't let himself be ignored like that. He needed this man's help. But now was not the time to press things.

"As you wish," the boy replied in a subservient tone. Good. Tomsel had worried the boy would resent him after what had happened yesterday. Truly, he did feel a little sorry for having sworn at the young man. It was just the request of a naive boy trying his best to take care of his family. How could Tomsel blame him?

Spoiler

That day, he was amazed to discover that when Lucas was saying "As you wish," what he meant was, "I love you." And even more amazing was the day he realized he truly loved him back.

8 minutes ago, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

The following morning, as Tomsel ate, he considered the boy's request. Just an idle thought, of course; Tomsel was no fighting man. Well, he'd tried sports in school - wrestling, boxing, even fencing - but he hadn't been good at any of them. Using pewter was against the rules in normal matches, and it seemed that all the competitors in the pewter leagues had dedicated their lives to their sports. He would likely find the same situation in the roughs. Who lived out there but career criminals? Tomsel wouldn't have a fighting chance against those kinds of men, not even with pewter. Besides, there were firearms nowadays that could deal just as much damage to a thug as any other man. Tomsel would be no use to the boy's family. They would just have to survive on their own.

Lucas sulked up the stairs to Mr. Cett's laboratory. Would it have been better to tell the truth? Probably not. If sympathy wouldn't get that old man away from his vials and stills, then nothing would. Pushing open the door to the laboratory's main room, Lucas looked around. There was Mr. Cett, standing behind his desk as if he hadn't moved since Lucas left the day before. He barely acknowledged Lucas, who washed his hands before donning his borrowed laboratory gloves and goggles; they would be casting allomantic beads today. Those, once cooled, would be covered with a thin wax coating to prevent them from tarnishing, then sold to a distributor who would put them in vials with whatever solution the consumers were likely to buy. (Some preferred the traditional alcohol solution, others who were buying in bulk tended to opt for water, and, interestingly, there seemed to be some market for cod liver oil.)

"Fetch the molds, boy." Mr. Cett's hoarse voice was impassive and calm. Their exchange of the day before was to have no lasting effect on their relationship, then. Lucas couldn't let himself be ignored like that. He needed this man's help. But now was not the time to press things.

"As you wish," the boy replied in a subservient tone. Good. Tomsel had worried the boy would resent him after what had happened yesterday. Truly, he did feel a little sorry for having sworn at the young man. It was just the request of a naive boy trying his best to take care of his family. How could Tomsel blame him?

Reveal hidden contents

That day, he was amazed to discover that when Lucas was saying "As you wish," what he meant was, "I love you." And even more amazing was the day he realized he truly loved him back.

I feel bad for your researcher. He just missed an awesome opportunity to learn about a new metallic art, lol!

It was rather unexpected when a voice spoke in Marie's head. It was intent, low - as if that mattered in a mental setting - and (she thought) amused. You know, if you ever want to change careers, I offer great benefits, better pay, and will let you kill people on other planets. If you’re interested, stick with Ganache.

If she'd been able to speak, she might have cursed. Excuse me? What? Who is this? And who's Ganache? Process of elimination - the few people who had the ability to speak in her head would most likely not have tried to win her away from Harmony. Unless Adilie was a traitor who hoped to steal Marie for her own use? Harmony usually vetted his people better than that. And the voice had been male.

Since it wasn't answering any questions, and indeed seemed to have left, Marie frowned and played with a spare bullet. Guns weren't really her thing, but she did have one handgun in case she ran low on steel and iron (unlikely, as it was what she used to see, and so she'd packed a lot of it). Hmm. Ganache was surely someone in this bar or who she would meet soon. She'd keep an eye out for tails.

That all work with you, Treasure?

10 minutes ago, AonEne said:

It was rather unexpected when a voice spoke in Marie's head. It was intent, low - as if that mattered in a mental setting - and (she thought) amused. You know, if you ever want to change careers, I offer great benefits, better pay, and will let you kill people on other planets. If you’re interested, stick with Ganache.

If she'd been able to speak, she might have cursed. Excuse me? What? Who is this? And who's Ganache? Process of elimination - the few people who had the ability to speak in her head would most likely not have tried to win her away from Harmony. Unless Adilie was a traitor who hoped to steal Marie for her own use? Harmony usually vetted his people better than that. And the voice had been male.

Since it wasn't answering any questions, and indeed seemed to have left, Marie frowned and played with a spare bullet. Guns weren't really her thing, but she did have one handgun in case she ran low on steel and iron (unlikely, as it was what she used to see, and so she'd packed a lot of it). Hmm. Ganache was surely someone in this bar or who she would meet soon. She'd keep an eye out for tails.

Yup! Thanks!

2 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

Alleine jerked out of the reverie she had fallen into, trying to process what she’d heard. It was all a bit much for her, but that bit about a third Metallic Art... now that was a secret people would pay for. And pay dearly.

She looked up at the man, inspecting him further. He looked like the type to sell too easy and too quick. Someone she’d eventually have to get rid of, if she couldn’t control him. But, for now, perhaps it was better if they stuck together.

”Do you know what it says to me when someone steals my drink in a run-down rust hole like this one?” She whispered. “It says that he’s desperate. That he turned up here because he needs coin more than a Coinshot who’s out of bullets.”

Alleine tugged on that sense of desperation just a bit, and any kind of curiosity he might be feeling towards her. She didn’t care if he noticed it.

”Do you know how much someone would pay to find out about this?” Alleine said. “I doubt either of us do. But I do know people who could find out. And I think it might be enough for you to afford your own drinks for a very long time.”