2 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

The tall man sat down, resting his hands on his cane and looking about. This was a pretty church; it had grown to be one of his favorites during his short time here. "I came here because I believe I would find someone special. My mine is an important investment and I need some help with it. Managing it. Defending it. Are you and your companion interested?"

Eryn frowned thinking, one finger idly tracing a symbol on the edge of her seat. Behind the mask her eyes focused keenly on the strange man’s face, watching his reaction to it.

”Have other companions,” she said after a moment. “Must ask them first. If okay, will join.” She paused, then added, “came for job.”

Raven kept his eyes on Eryn's and didn't notice her fingers moving. "How perfect!" He smiled kindly and produced a card from his pocket with his name on it. "I'm staying at the Steel Inn down the street. Room 10. Come and find me when you get your answer." Raven moved to leave, then paused. "Oh, I didn't catch your name. What are you called?"

8 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Raven kept his eyes on Eryn's and didn't notice her fingers moving. "How perfect!" He smiled kindly and produced a card from his pocket with his name on it. "I'm staying at the Steel Inn down the street. Room 10. Come and find me when you get your answer." Raven moved to leave, then paused. "Oh, I didn't catch your name. What are you called?"

“I am Eryn Hearthseeker,” Eryn told him. He had not reacted to her motions, not even glanced at her hands. Not one of her master’s then, or too new to know. She glanced over the card, scanning for a hidden symbol. There was none. Whoever this Basil was, he was unlikely to serve the Sovereign - at least directly.

3 hours ago, mathiau said:

"I thought you'd have more experience than me on how far is 20m, anyway I got to go to the Inn get my other vials, you're coming?"

"Of course I am. What, do you think I was just going to stay in this tavern and have a drink?"

3 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“I am Eryn Hearthseeker,” Eryn told him. He had not reacted to her motions, not even glanced at her hands. Not one of her master’s then, or too new to know. She glanced over the card, scanning for a hidden symbol. There was none. Whoever this Basil was, he was unlikely to serve the Sovereign - at least directly.

Ladashwy heard the man's spiel, and frowned. Something felt off about him. She decided that she was probably just tense. Come on, what's going to happen? This is a church! It's not like anyone is going to get murdered. That would be stupid. I need to stop jumping at wraiths in the mist.

I couldn't help adding that last part. :D

26 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy heard the man's spiel, and frowned. Something felt off about him. She decided that she was probably just tense. Come on, what's going to happen? This is a church! It's not like anyone is going to get murdered. That would be stupid. I need to stop jumping at wraiths in the mist.

Eryn knows you’re there, by the way. She’s deliberately pretending not to notice until new guy leaves. Definite approval points for Sage’s instincts.

On 1/2/2021 at 7:55 AM, Shard of Thought said:

Raven strode out of an alcove in the church, eyeing the masked woman and her companion. He was not a priest - they may have been holy men, but their connection to the Survivor was a weak flicker compared to Raven's roaring flame, and besides, Raven had his own sacred duty to perform - but he was well known enough here. Since his acquisition of the mine, he'd been staying around this part of town (in secret, of course, as directed by the Master) and waiting for someone. Kelsier said he'd know them when the time was right and Raven had a feeling about these two. He never ignored such feelings. 

The tall man strode up to the pair. They'd dismissed the priests, but Raven was confident they wouldn't dismiss him. His rich clothing and the knowing gleam in his eye were more than enough to mark him as an important man, a man who it would be... unwise to ignore. 

"Excuse me," he said, "I don't believe I've seen you in town before and it's good to see people worshiping in this holy place. My name is Basil Naseir and I own the mine a few miles away. Is there anything I can do for you?"

@Kingsdaughter613 @Lecky Twig

7 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

The tall man sat down, resting his hands on his cane and looking about. This was a pretty church; it had grown to be one of his favorites during his short time here. "I came here because I believe I would find someone special. My mine is an important investment and I need some help with it. Managing it. Defending it. Are you and your companion interested?"

6 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

"The mines nearby here are aluminium, that can be a dangerous business to get into, Basil. I'm Drae, he said. Oh, or are you talking about her," he said nodding his head in Ladashwy's direction rust and ruin I probably just blew her cover. Stupid. Stupid. 

Then he tuned to Eryn and whispered quietly, waiting for Raven "I was in the aluminium business before, it's not something I like to talk about, because it all sort of went south, ya know, black market stuff. This guy's new to the industry, otherwise I would of recognised him." His volume rose a little, not caring who heard his next statement "This guy seems pretty demanding, but it's your call, Eryn, if you choose whether consulting that priest tops dealing with Basil." 

11 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"The mines nearby here are aluminium, that can be a dangerous business to get into, Basil. I'm Drae, he said. Oh, or are you talking about her," he said nodding his head in Ladashwy's direction rust and ruin I probably just blew her cover. Stupid. Stupid. 

Then he tuned to Eryn and whispered quietly, waiting for Raven "I was in the aluminium business before, it's not something I like to talk about, because it all sort of went south, ya know, black market stuff. This guy's new to the industry, otherwise I would of recognised him." His volume rose a little, not caring who heard his next statement "This guy seems pretty demanding, but it's your call, Eryn, if you choose whether consulting that priest tops dealing with Basil." 

“Why choose,” Eryn asked curiously, hiding her irritation. “Basil tell us where to find if we want job. Talk to priest, then talk to Aaron. Then decide. If all say ja, then go to Steel Inn and tell Basil. Is not choice between.”

5 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“Why choose,” Eryn asked curiously, hiding her irritation. “Basil tell us where to find if we want job. Talk to priest, then talk to Aaron. Then decide. If all say ja, then go to Steel Inn and tell Basil. Is not choice between.”

"ohh, ah I didn't think of that. let's go talk to the priest." He stood up and walked into the aisle. He turned to walk down the aisle, then he paused and turned back. "umm, I have no idea where I'm going" he muttered audibly, cheeks blushing slightly in embarrassment. 

Edited by Lecky Twig

40 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

Ladashwy groaned inwardly. She was in a relaxed position, eyes closed. Really? He HAD to tell the man that I was part of their group? Rusting iron on a hillside! Was this man dense, or did he just not care? When no one was looking, she drank a vial of tin to replenish her stores.

31 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

26 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"ohh, ah I didn't think of that. let's go talk to the priest." He stood up and walked into the aisle. He turned to walk down the aisle, then he paused and turned back. "umm, I have no idea where I'm going" he muttered audibly, cheeks blushing slightly in embarrassment. 

Ladashwy got ready to flare her tin. She opened her eyes, and sat up. She watched as one of her companions got up to go find the priest.

39 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

8 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy groaned inwardly. She was in a relaxed position, eyes closed. Really? He HAD to tell the man that I was part of their group? Rusting iron on a hillside! Was this man dense, or did he just not care? When no one was looking, she drank a vial of tin to replenish her stores.

Ladashwy got ready to flare her tin. She opened her eyes, and sat up. She watched as one of her companions got up to go find the priest.

Eryn waited as Basil left. When he was gone she stood up, then nodded to the scholar. “This way,” she said, heading toward a small door near the back of the church. “Priest went here.”

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn waited as Basil left. When he was gone she stood up, then nodded to the scholar. “This way,” she said, heading toward a small door near the back of the church. “Priest went here.”

Relieved, Ladashwy got up, and headed towards the door Eryn had indicated. She was excited. She might be able to learn quite a bit in there. "Thank you for allowing me to come with you."

7 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Relieved, Ladashwy got up, and headed towards the door Eryn had indicated. She was excited. She might be able to learn quite a bit in there. "Thank you for allowing me to come with you."

“You said want join me. Now are one of us. Always welcome.” Eryn paused as she reached the door. “Smart, staying back. Listening. This one could learn.” She glared briefly at Drae.

Then she opened the door to the room where the priest awaited.

It’s a confessional room, in case anyone who knows more about Survivorism than Eryn wants to point it out.

8 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“You said want join me. Now are one of us. Always welcome.” Eryn paused as she reached the door. “Smart, staying back. Listening. This one could learn.” She glared briefly at Drae.

My person had never seen a Survivorist church before. She doesn't know either.

Ladashwy beamed at the compliment, but barely stoped herself from snickering after seeing the look Eryn gave Drae. She did not seem to be happy that he had pointed Ladashwy out, either. Should I tell her about how I feel about Basil? Maybe after this meeting. I wouldn't want him to overhear.

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy beamed at the compliment, but barely stoped herself from snickering after seeing the look Eryn gave Drae. She did not seem to be happy that he had pointed Ladashwy out, either. Should I tell her about how I feel about Basil? Maybe after this meeting. I wouldn't want him to overhear.

He was leaving, so I noted he left. Eryn wasn’t going to move until he was gone.

Eryn entered the room where the priest waited. “I am Ganache,” she told him. “You?”

”Scroll,” the man answered. “And these?”

50 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Drae's blsuh deepened. He kept his mouth shut as he followed the other two dow the aisle. 

35 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn entered the room where the priest waited. “I am Ganache,” she told him. “You?”

”Scroll,” the man answered. “And these?”

rusts, everyone's coming up with false names.

30 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Unsure how to continue, Ladashwy looked to Eryn for help.

He relaxed slightly, consoled at Ladashwy's apparent uncertainty. "I'm uh," he hesitated for a moment "I'm Brae." He held out his hand for the priest to shake.

Edited by Lecky Twig

45 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Unsure how to continue, Ladashwy looked to Eryn for help.

Eryn nodded at the scholar. She would not introduce her. Then she turned her glare on Drae. “His name,” she cooly told Scroll, “is Drae.” She glowered are the man. “You should not lie. We all serve Sovereign here.”

6 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn nodded at the scholar. She would not introduce her. Then she turned her glare on Drae. “His name,” she cooly told Scroll, “is Drae.” She glowered are the man. “You should not lie. We all serve Sovereign here.”

"I'm Sage." She looked back at Eryn, hoping that was what she was supposed to say.

4 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"I'm Sage." She looked back at Eryn, hoping that was what she was supposed to say.

Reminder: Eryn doesn’t know who Sage spoke to.

Eryn shot Ledashwy a sharp glance. The other woman looked nervous, uncertain. Why would she give a false name after seeing how annoyed Eryn was with Drae? Unless...

“Why Sage?” Eryn asked finally. “You choose? Or given?”

19 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn shot Ledashwy a sharp glance. The other woman looked nervous, uncertain. Why would she give a false name after seeing how annoyed Eryn was with Drae? Unless...

“Why Sage?” Eryn asked finally. “You choose? Or given?”

I knew I should have just said Ladashwy! Did I misread the situation? "Um, given? Unless it was a hallucination, which I doubt it was. I am not the most creative person." She felt curious, exhausted, confused, and nervous. Today had been the absolute weirdest day in her life.

8 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

I knew I should have just said Ladashwy! Did I misread the situation? "Um, given? Unless it was a hallucination, which I doubt it was. I am not the most creative person." She felt curious, exhausted, confused, and nervous. Today had been the absolute weirdest day in her life.

Eryn smiled warmly. “You have met our master? He named you; you are one of us now. Will need to arrange to give mark,” she added, turning back to the priest.

He nodded. “I know a woman; I’ll write down the address.” He jotted down a few lines on a scrap of paper. “She’s not one of us, but she’s very skilled - and very discreet.”

Eryn nodded. “Always good.”

”Agreed. But you didn’t need privacy for that?”

Eryn shook her head. “These.” She removed the spikes from her satchel. The priest’s eyes widened. “This one full, this one empty. Took from hemalurgist.”

”A rogue hemalurgist?” The priest repeated, shocked. He shook his head. “How did he know the art?”

”Said his father knew. Learned from grandfather.”

The priest frowned. “I’ll let our people know. You have a name?”

Eryn nodded, giving it to him. “Take care of these?”

”Of course.” The priest assured her. “I have some aluminum foil in my chambers; it should keep the charge until I can get this properly stored.”

”Good.” Eryn tilted her head slightly, thinking. “Man came to us before. Basil Naseir. Know him?”

The priest frowned. “Naseir? He owns the aluminum mine near here, and he’s known to be a devout follower of our master. But the latest reports said he was in the city. If he’s here...” Scroll’s eyes narrowed. “I don’t have many people available - the Lord Survivor’s been sending them elsewhere - but I might be able to spare one or two.”

Eryn shook her head. “No need. Basil ask us work for him. Will say yes. Then watch; no suspicions.

”If this one keep mouth shut,” she added, glaring at Drae.