Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn smiled warmly. “You have met our master? He named you; you are one of us now. Will need to arrange to give mark,” she added, turning back to the priest.

He nodded. “I know a woman; I’ll write down the address.” He jotted down a few lines on a scrap of paper. “She’s not one of us, but she’s very skilled - and very discreet.”

Eryn nodded. “Always good.”

”Agreed. But you didn’t need privacy for that?”

Eryn shook her head. “These.” She removed the spikes from her satchel. The priest’s eyes widened. “This one full, this one empty. Took from hemalurgist.”

”A rogue hemalurgist?” The priest repeated, shocked. He shook his head. “How did he know the art?”

”Said his father knew. Learned from grandfather.”

The priest frowned. “I’ll let our people know. You have a name?”

Eryn nodded, giving it to him. “Take care of these?”

”Of course.” The priest assured her. “I have some aluminum foil in my chambers; it should keep the charge until I can get this properly stored.”

”Good.” Eryn tilted her head slightly, thinking. “Man came to us before. Basil Naseir. Know him?”

The priest frowned. “Naseir? He owns the aluminum mine near here, and he’s known to be a devout follower of our master. But the latest reports said he was in the city. If he’s here...” Scroll’s eyes narrowed. “I don’t have many people available - the Lord Survivor’s been sending them elsewhere - but I might be able to spare one or two.”

Eryn shook her head. “No need. Basil ask us work for him. Will say yes. Then watch; no suspicions.

”If this one keep mouth shut,” she added, glaring at Drae.

Ladashwy relaxed after Eryn responded. Then tensed at the thing about Basil. I knew something was off about him. Nothing seemed to add up.

On 1/1/2021 at 1:55 PM, mathiau said:

Adilie drank the last vial she had on her, compounded her connection to Marie an ordered her to stay within 20 meter of her at all time

"I'm going to the Inn take more vials, I'd never though I'd run out so fast"

Marie's angry walk away turned into an angry trip-and-almost-fall-over as her feet tried to turn around. The order Stay within twenty meters of Adilie at all times settled into her, and she clenched her fists, trying to scream in rage. No luck there either. She stormed a few paces back to the tavern, leaning against the wall and practically steeping herself in pewter-fueled fury.

On 1/2/2021 at 2:36 PM, mathiau said:

We'll go with 20m

Okay, so this?

ga-cricket-pitch.jpg

7 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Happy early birthday, @AonEne! As requested, one drawing of Marie. :D I apologize; the skirt of her robe doesn't have a very consistent coat of ink because I'm trying out some new markers. But I do think you'll like it. 

I love her! And no worries about the robe, it makes sense that it'd be worn in different areas anyway after time passing. May I use your art in my About Me?

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

Marie pointedly did not look at Adilie, staring angrily at the wall and fingering a loose bullet shell.

Wait, wasn't she flying away last time we saw her? Did I miss something

10 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

You're right. She should have started asking questions. Oops. I'll add the questions now. (thank you for pointing that out.)

Ladashwy looked at the priest. "What do you mean when you say the aluminum will keep the charge? Also, what do you mean by a charge." She pulled out her notebook and pen, eyes sparkling with excitement. "Oh, just so you know, the spike that is full spiked a thug." Well, that information would be important if he ever planned to use it. Probably.

34 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy looked at the priest. "What do you mean when you say the aluminum will keep the charge? Also, what do you mean by a charge." She pulled out her notebook and pen, eyes sparkling with excitement. "Oh, just so you know, the spike that is full spiked a thug." Well, that information would be important if he ever planned to use it. Probably.

The priest glanced at the scholar with some amusement. “The Survivor would like you. That is why he formed us: to question and seek answers.”

Eryn nodded. “Think some on Aluminum. When have thought come to me. I will reveal then.” She inclined her head toward the priest. “Done now. Will go Steel Inn.” With that she turned, heading for the door.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

The priest glanced at the scholar with some amusement. “The Survivor would like you. That is why he formed us: to question and seek answers.”

Eryn nodded. “Think some on Aluminum. When have thought come to me. I will reveal then.” She inclined her head toward the priest. “Done now. Will go Steel Inn.” With that she turned, heading for the door.

Ladashwy followed Eryn, thinking about possible reasons aluminum could keep the charge of hemalurgic spikes. Well, I know aluminum is alomanticly inert. Maybe that has something to do with it. 

"Do we know where this Steel Inn is? How do you suggest we act around Basil?"

33 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy followed Eryn, thinking about possible reasons aluminum could keep the charge of hemalurgic spikes. Well, I know aluminum is alomanticly inert. Maybe that has something to do with it. 

"Do we know where this Steel Inn is? How do you suggest we act around Basil?"

Eryn shrugged. “Will ask.” She paused. “ No, you ask. Speak better. To Basil be self, but hide power and keep secrets. Not one of us.”

16 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn shrugged. “Will ask.” She paused. “ No, you ask. Speak better. To Basil be self, but hide power and keep secrets. Not one of us.”

I'm going to go get some directions.

"Okay, that should be easy enough." Once they were out of the church, Ladashwy went up to a man across the street. "Excuse me, but do you know where the Steel Inn is?"

"Go down that street and turn left, after you pass the tavern. Keep going and you'll find it." The man said.

"Thanks." Replied Ladashwy. 

5 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Okay, that should be easy enough." Once they were out of the church, Ladashwy went up to a man across the street. "Excuse me, but do you know where the Steel Inn is?"

"Go down that street and turn left, after you pass the tavern. Keep going and you'll find it." The man said.

"Thanks." Replied Ladashwy. 

Eryn inclined her head slightly. “My thanks.” She walked briskly down the block, pausing as she approached the tavern. 

”Think we should ask Ett’s and Drae lady if join?”

2 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn inclined her head slightly. “My thanks.” She walked briskly down the block, pausing as she approached the tavern. 

”Think we should ask Ett’s and Drae lady if join?”

"Well, that could be a good idea, but what about the inquisitor? She... well... she would probably make him suspicious of us. Either that, or he would be completely terrified." Ladashwy paused. "As a side note, why would he try to recruit people while in a church? Most people would go to a tavern, and those going to a church would be less likely to have enough skills to be able to guard a mine. I have a bad feeling about him." He seems... kind of fake. I don't know though. I have had a lot happen today, and I am much more paranoid right now than I have ever been before. That's probably it. 

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

"Well, that could be a good idea, but what about the inquisitor? She... well... she would probably make him suspicious of us. Either that, or he would be completely terrified." Ladashwy paused. "As a side note, why would he try to recruit people while in a church? Most people would go to a tavern, and those going to a church would be less likely to have enough skills to be able to guard a mine. I have a bad feeling about him." He seems... kind of fake. I don't know though. I have had a lot happen today, and I am much more paranoid right now than I have ever been before. That's probably it. 

Eryn nodded. “Good instinct. Was strange man. Do not think Inquisitor want job, true. But should keep watch for her.”

The Steel Inn was a rather run down place, but Raven had asked for the finest suite and he had gotten his money's worth. Honestly, he'd been expecting to pay quite a bit more... "Jhardor!" said Raven, calling for the only servant he'd brought with him. The kindly old man was exceedingly loyal, but, unfortunately, loyal to him, not the cause. It was the opposite for Mirette. By the Survivor, how he wished he could fuse those two into one person. That wasn't to say, however, that Jhardor lacked faith entirely he just... needed a little shove sometimes. 

"Yes, my Lord, what can I do for you?" Jhardor bowed slightly.

"I'm expecting company soon, make up some bites to eat, will you?"

Edited by Shard of Thought

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn paused, turning to Adilie. “Have job offer,” she told her. “Want join?”

Adilie took a second to think and decided spending her days with just Marie and the kandra would drive her crazy so she'd better find an additional thing to do

"Maybe, what would it be?"