Just now, Shard of Thought said:

"Well, it really depends. I'm just one man, I can't run the whole operation myself. I have miners already, what I really need are people to watch over the thing."

"Would you be interested in being a secretary, miss?"

"Well, I guess it would depend on what I would do, and if my companions will be taking jobs. So, yeah. I am interested."

I kick Adilie and nod to where Marie is threatening 2 men with a knife.

2 minutes ago, mathiau said:

"What kind of skills would you need?"

Two men got to Marie and asked her to leave the inn

3 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Marie sneezed and pointed her knife at them, then her eyes, then their eyes, and smiled cheerfully. 

Walking up to the two men, KePuur apologizes, saying "Excuse us. She's with us- unfortunately, she had an accident a couple years ago and hasn't been quite right in the head." he hands them some boxing and nods. 
He then turns to Marie, and whispers
"I will have Adilie put you on such a tight leash that you have to get permission from her to blink, understand?"

2 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Well, it really depends. I'm just one man, I can't run the whole operation myself. I have miners already, what I really need are people to watch over the thing."

"Would you be interested in being a secretary, miss?"

Eryn shook her head. “Not me. Not good enough with language. Secretary need write and read much. Can watch workers. Can fight if need.

”Sage, maybe. If she want.”

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Well, I guess it would depend on what I would do, and if my companions will be taking jobs. So, yeah. I am interested."

"That's wonderful." 

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn shook her head. “Not me. Not good enough with language. Secretary need write and read much. Can watch workers. Can fight if need."

"Well, which one would you prefer? I need an overseer. I need fighters too, but that seems like more of a job for mercenaries. After all, I doubt attacks would happen often enough to require a team for protection there are all times. We just need someone on call. It might, however, be beneficial to have someone in charge of a team of people who can protect when needed. Just to make things efficient."

6 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Marie sneezed and pointed her knife at them, then her eyes, then their eyes, and smiled cheerfully. 

One man bared his armed revealing a steelmind "Are you sure you want to bet?"

13 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Oh, you know... Leadership skills, organization... Allomancy. Feruchemy. You get the picture."

Nothing specific then, annoying, people like that generally thought of her abilities as a pricier version of emotional allomancy

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Wouldn't the chambers be to far away from the all to see Marie?

Just now, mathiau said:

Nothing specific then, annoying, people like that generally thought of her abilities as a pricier version of emotional allomancy

...Let's just say I heard a lot of noise because I am a tin-eye.

"That's wonderful." 

"Well, which one would you prefer? I need an overseer. I need fighters too, but that seems like more of a job for mercenaries. After all, I doubt attacks would happen often enough to require a team for protection there are all times. We just need someone on call. It might, however, be beneficial to have someone in charge of a team of people who can protect when needed. Just to make things efficient."

“Can oversee,” Eryn agreed. “Ran shop before. business is business; runs same but different scale. Use same skills to run team as crew as kitchen.”

1 minute ago, Shard of Thought said:

Raven grinned, folding his arms in satisfaction. Yes, this boded well for him. "Perfect. Absolutely perfect. Now, I'm assuming you'll want a look at the land itself eventually. We can go there now - I'd be willing to pay for a ride for all of us - or we could do it later."

Eryn glances at her companions. “I would go now. What you wish?”

9 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

Walking up to the two men, KePuur apologizes, saying "Excuse us. She's with us- unfortunately, she had an accident a couple years ago and hasn't been quite right in the head." he hands them some boxing and nods. 
He then turns to Marie, and whispers
"I will have Adilie put you on such a tight leash that you have to get permission from her to blink, understand?"

5 minutes ago, mathiau said:

I'm gonna pretend Mat's post happened before KePuur walked up, if that's okay? It would make sense. 

Marie nodded at the man, still smiling - though her smile melted away when the kandra dripped lies in their ears. She cocked her head at him, then pointed at her eyespikes and raised an eyebrow. Blink? she mouthed, deliberately slow. 

20 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Is something wrong? I'm not seeing a thing."

16 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"That's wonderful." 

"I'm a double-duralumin which for you would have similar uses to a soother, both for trades deal and helping with the minor's morale, the problem is I have to care about someone... special who could help with defending the mine but would have the opposite effect on morale."

4 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I'm gonna pretend Mat's post happened before KePuur walked up, if that's okay? It would make sense. 

I got his post almost at the moment I posted mine so it was kind of the intent. Also I now have the Elon Musk/Mark Zuckerberg ERB stuck in my head, I'm blaming you

Edited by mathiau

Just now, mathiau said:

"I'm a double-duralumin which for you would have similar uses to a soother, both for trades deal and helping with the minor's morale, the problem is I have to care about someone... special who could help with defending the mine but would have the opposite effect on morale."

Raven raised an eyebrow. Very interesting. "Hmm. Who is this someone? I'm sure I could figure something out for you both to be of use."

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

Marie nodded at the man, still smiling - though her smile melted away when the kandra dripped lies in their ears. She cocked her head at him, then pointed at her eyespikes and raised an eyebrow. Blink? she mouthed, deliberately slow. 

JLNFGUVSOPDNUTVSEOINU SO[N8OEIRPTNUV OISRV EIO[NU OU[NVOIUNTVEOPVNEYGOPSEYNRPEOS
I'm going to go jump in a hole now and stay there for the rest of my life.
I... I'm just disappointed in myself.

He gapes for a moment, before rubbing his temples. "You know what I meant."

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

He gapes for a moment, before rubbing his temples. "You know what I meant."

You're 100% fine lol, I almost had her roll her eyes in that very post. I keep slipping up too. 

Marie snickered silently, then turned back to the security guards and spread her arms invitingly, a 'come at me' gesture. 

Eryn glanced over at Adilie. Did Ett want the Inquisitor revealed, or was this Adilie’s own idea? It did not matter; it was not wise. Basil followed the Survivor, or he would not have been in the temple. She did not think he would like this.

”Curious too,” she said, allowing her curiousity to sound in her voice. “Did not mention this.” Better to imply ignorance, just in case.

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn glanced over at Adilie. Did Ett want the Inquisitor revealed, or was this Adilie’s own idea? It did not matter; it was not wise. Basil followed the Survivor, or he would not have been in the temple. She did not think he would like this.

”Curious too,” she said, allowing her curiousity to sound in her voice. “Did not mention this.” Better to imply ignorance, just in case.

Adilie whispered to Eryn "What exactly did you expect when you suggested I come?"

3 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I have no idea what that song is, but you're welcome! :P 

It's a rap battle, they had a few jokes about how Musk act robotic and seemingly never blinks

5 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Marie snickered silently, then turned back to the security guards and spread her arms invitingly, a 'come at me' gesture. 

@mathiau
KePuur turns to the men, giving them some extra boxings. "Just leave us. We have no quarrels with you."

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

@mathiau
KePuur turns to the men, giving them some extra boxings. "Just leave us. We have no quarrels with you."

I still see no reason for Adilie to realize what has happen, unless I missed KePuur screaming there wouldn't have been enough noise

1 minute ago, mathiau said:

Adilie whispered to Eryn "What exactly did you expect when you suggested I come?"

Eryn gazed at her coolly, idly moving her right hand to her ear, then moving it to circle her left hand. Hopefully the woman would understand. There were wiser ways to speak.

She wants Adilie to use Connection to talk to her.

5 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

I never said anything about Adilie. I'm just trying to get the men to go away.

feeling dumb

One of the mean spoke "Repairing the wall will cost slightly more"

6 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn gazed at her coolly, idly moving her right hand to her ear, then moving it to circle her left hand. Hopefully the woman would understand. There were wiser ways to speak.

Adilie used almost all her stored connection to established communication with Eryn

"Without compounding it will be over quick, so speak fast. And what did you expect when you suggested I come? You know I have to watch over Marie"

I know. :P I mean in character. If there's a long pause, Raven will be able to tell that Eryn might be lying about not knowing Adile's partner.

IC it shouldn't be long, I just use more time than you making my posts

Edited by mathiau