Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

41 minutes ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Amused, Talnic turned to face the kid. "Horses are expensive," he said. "And it might take time, but we'll get there eventually. Besides, no caravan will be going anywhere at this point in the year."

He didn't mention that his inclination to avoid people as much as possible was part of his decision. "I'm afraid you'd also find that the extra expense of caring for a horse isn't worth the shorter travel time."

Gal blushed, embarrassed and frustrated at his mistake, went back to walking behind the Shadow-person and wandered what he should do. His people will probably want a thorough record and research about the prophecy and its source, but he didn't feel like talking to this Shadow again. He didn't know what other questions he could ask the Graced, Minuet. He could try interacting socially with his fellow travellers, but he didn't want to. He much preferred researching - only reading or writing while walking was hard. In the end, he decided to just walk silently, keeping as far as he could from Rosalie and the Shadow.

The next morning, Traige felt fireworks exploding in his head. He stumbled to the side of the barnhouse and threw up, falling to his knees. Traige stood and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, and then wiped his hand his pants. He winced, his head still throbbing. He wasn't sure where the sickness had come from; he had felt fine upon going to sleep the night before.

He felt the universe was after him, personally. Traige didn't know anyone else with a life like his, but he didn't know many people. If he did, they'd be luckier. Traige's purpose was sleeping in barns and throwing up from sleeping. His powers had been given to the worst possible person to recieve them.

Which reminded him- Traige focused his mind, squeezing his eyes shut, feeling the power well within him. His headache vanished within seconds. But the internal pain was still there.

He... needed another purpose. It was time to leave this town.

Despite the little village being his home for four long years, he felt no guilt or sadness in leaving it behind. It wasn't hard at all. As he slowly left the town behind, walking wherever life took him, a single tear rolled down his face. Not for the town itself, or even for his specific condition, but because he finally had nowhere to go.

17 hours ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

"We need to head north-east, towards Noter," Talnic said. "If we head this way through the market, we should be out of town in just a few minutes." Talnic pointed down the street. "Minuet, make sure Arven gets his supplies." He took off, not looking to see if the others were following him. 

"All right!" Minuet looked around, trying to remember who Arven was. 

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Ethereal said:

Avren accepted the packages from the girl, placing them in his pack. “Thanks,” he said. “Sorry to trouble you.”

"It was no trouble. Now I need to give the leader back the change... You're welcome!" Minuet walked off, looking distracted.

So... Well, this probably wasn't the best choice in a role-play character, but Talnic won't start a conversation with someone unless someone else talks first, or there's something important that needs to be said.

Just a heads up.

I'll try and nudge him a little so he becomes a little more engaged.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Excuse me," Minuet said, walking up to the leader. "I didn't get your name and I've got your change."

Talnic accepted the coins, dropping them into his pouch. "I am not willing to share my name," he said quietly. "They call me the Shadow. That will have to be sufficient for now. Your name was Minuet, correct?"

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Talnic accepted the coins, dropping them into his pouch. "I am not willing to share my name," he said quietly. "They call me the Shadow. That will have to be sufficient for now. Your name was Minuet, correct?"

"Yes, that's me... Shadow."

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Yes, that's me... Shadow."

Talnic nodded, trying not to let his amusement show. "Have you traveled much before?" he asked, turning his gaze back to the road in front of him.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Talnic nodded, trying not to let his amusement show. "Have you traveled much before?" he asked, turning his gaze back to the road in front of him.

"Yes, plenty." Minuet kept a smile on her face and looked around at the area. "What about you?"

Edited by Ookla the Grammatical

Avren’s also pretty reserved, so he’s probably not going to go out of his way to initiate a conversation.

Avren walked at the back of the group, watching the others talk up ahead. Part of him wished he could join, but after what happened with Dariya... 

He shook his head, shoving those thoughts aside, and continued keeping watch for anyone who knew him.

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Ethereal said:

Socially Awkward Bookworms: The RP!

Ah, yes, where everyone just stands around nervously and tries very hard to start a conversation but it quickly dies because no one knows what to say, and then everyone has to leave. It would be quite interesting. ;)

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Ah, yes, where everyone just stands around nervously and tries very hard to start a conversation but it quickly dies because no one knows what to say, and then everyone has to leave. It would be quite interesting. ;)

that’s literally my life though

But that’s got me thinking. A socially awkward TV game show?? Stick a bunch of really awkward people in a room together with nothing in common, tell them they can leave at any time, but the last person remaining gets the prize money. No, phones, no books, no distractions. 

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Ethereal said:

But that’s got me thinking. A socially awkward TV game show?? Stick a bunch of really awkward people in a room together with nothing in common, tell them they can leave at any time, but the last person remaining gets the prize money. No, phones, no books, no distractions. 

If someone does this, I'd love to be on the camera crew or something. It'd be very entertaining to watch.

Not sure why quote on that post isn’t working, but Salad/Ethereal I would definitely watch that show.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Ethereal said:

Avren walked at the back of the group, watching the others talk up ahead. Part of him wished he could join, but after what happened with Dariya... 

He shook his head, shoving those thoughts aside, and continued keeping watch for anyone who knew him.

Ara dropped back to the end of the group. Let’s get to know some people. “Hey,” Ara said to the reserved boy at the back. “What’s your name? I don’t think I fought it before. I’m Ara.”

2 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Yes, plenty." Minuet kept a smile on her face and looked around at the area. "What about you?"

"I've been around," Talnic replied. "I've been almost constantly on the move for the past few years, moving from one city to the next, occasionally taking on a longer-term job helping out a thieving or adventuring crew for a few weeks before moving on." Grimacing, Talnic continued. "Unfortunately, I've grown quite the reputation for myself in the underground, especially among the more... adventurous groups. Many heard about my success with a dragon a year or so ago, and I haven't quite managed to shake that off."