Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

Gal can be counted as a magician. Besides, if we get to question, your character claims to be normal human - the only thing not appearing in the prophecy...

Gal takes the copy of the prophecy and looks disturbed. "I don't like prophecies very much," he mutters. Aloud he says: "Well, I hope I'm not really a part of it. No mention of- well, humans. And I haven't heard the prophecy from it's source."

5 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

Gal takes the copy of the prophecy and looks disturbed. "I don't like prophecies very much," he mutters. Aloud he says: "Well, I hope I'm not really a part of it. No mention of- well, humans. And I haven't heard the prophecy from it's source."

"The source was that Shadow man--I don't know, did you meet him yet? It's a word-for-word transcription."

Orpheus isn't going to mention to anyone that he's not magic at all, someone else who he's actually told that to would have to point that out.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Knight said:

"The source was that Shadow man--I don't know, did you meet him yet? It's a word-for-word transcription."

Gal enters the prophecy into his pocket while speaking: "The Shadow? That fellow who covers his face? I think I met him. It doesn't matter. I haven't heard it first-hand. From what records I have about prophecies-" he cringed - "well, those are outbursts from spiritual entities, and the people involved are usually mentioned or hear the prophecy first hand. I have- I mean, I know people who read prophecies and remained unaffected." Still, he seems worried, returns the notebook and pen to his backpack, makes sure everything is still inside and closes it, shouldering it again.

Edited by The Worldookler

4 hours ago, The Worldookler said:

Gal enters the prophecy into his pocket while speaking: "The Shadow? That fellow who covers his face? I think I met him. It doesn't matter. I haven't heard it first-hand. From what records I have about prophecies-" he cringed - "well, those are outbursts from spiritual entities, and the people involved are usually mentioned or hear the prophecy first hand. I have- I mean, I know people who read prophecies and remained unaffected." Still, he seems worried, returns the notebook and pen to his backpack, makes sure everything is still inside and closes it, shouldering it again.

If you know stuff about prophecies, Talnic would be very interested. He knows next to nothing, only his own experience.

When Minuet had left to get her own supplies as well as Arven's, Talnic had quickly gone to where he had hidden his own pack the night before. On his way to the meeting spot through the market, Talnic had picked up a few additional supplies, including some more oil to care for his sword and knife.

He quickly found the group, and was somewhat surprised to see that one of them seemed to be taking a nap.

"Who else are we waiting for?" he asked.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

When Minuet had left to get her own supplies as well as Arven's, Talnic had quickly gone to where he had hidden his own pack the night before. On his way to the meeting spot through the market, Talnic had picked up a few additional supplies, including some more oil to care for his sword and knife.

He quickly found the group, and was somewhat surprised to see that one of them seemed to be taking a nap.

"Who else are we waiting for?" he asked.

About the only part not appearing: I did write that his people knew about the tunnels in the mountains, didn't I? They took time to learn about it. Besides, they have their own connection to spiritual entities, and for them it's a two-sided connection. Which explains nothing, since I'm the one saying that's how prophecies work... Oh well. Though I technically have Sanderson confirmation for that. I believe only Avren is absent, so...

@Ookla the Ethereal?

"By my account, there's still the fellow Minuet bought supplies for. Or is that Rosalie over here?"

Gal shifts uneasily, shooting a look at Rosalie. "I mean, it's understandable that she wouldn't want to be seen..."

That's a stretch, but it's possible Gal will realize it because of his abilities.

Avren entered the market, wishing that he had some sort of hood to cover his face. He looked straight ahead, but was that too stiff? He looked left, then right. No, that was too unnatural. He settled for looking down, and hoped he wouldn’t stumble into anything on the way to the meeting spot.

He soon spotted familiar faces, standing with... new members? He joined them silently, remaining on the fringes of the group. 

45 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

BTW, if we're avoiding small villages, how will we collect Traige?

I'm good with anything. I someone forgot something and we need to get another, if Triage for some reason leaves town and meets up with us, whatever works. What do you think, @Ookla's Dice?

Just now, Ookla the Channelknight said:

“And how long will that take?”

"Well, someone said when that guy who just showed up showed up, we'd get going," said Orpheus. "So, I imagine we'll be heading out about now."

Orpheus stood up and threw his pack over his shoulder, looking to the Shadow.

"Where to first? Which way will we be taking out of town?"

44 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Both good questions."

@Ookla the Rōnin

"We need to head north-east, towards Noter," Talnic said. "If we head this way through the market, we should be out of town in just a few minutes." Talnic pointed down the street. "Minuet, make sure Arven gets his supplies." He took off, not looking to see if the others were following him. 

6 hours ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

"We need to head north-east, towards Noter," Talnic said. "If we head this way through the market, we should be out of town in just a few minutes." Talnic pointed down the street. "Minuet, make sure Arven gets his supplies." He took off, not looking to see if the others were following him. 

Gal runs after him, saying: "Wait! Are we going all this distance by foot? I am a usual traveller, and I always take a caravan, or at least some sort of convoy with riding beasts or something. We have a long way, so please tell me you don't intend us to go all this way on foot."

5 hours ago, The Worldookler said:

Gal runs after him, saying: "Wait! Are we going all this distance by foot? I am a usual traveler, and I always take a caravan, or at least some sort of convoy with riding beasts or something. We have a long way, so please tell me you don't intend us to go all this way on foot."

Amused, Talnic turned to face the kid. "Horses are expensive," he said. "And it might take time, but we'll get there eventually. Besides, no caravan will be going anywhere at this point in the year."

He didn't mention that his inclination to avoid people as much as possible was part of his decision. "I'm afraid you'd also find that the extra expense of caring for a horse isn't worth the shorter travel time."