Long Game 71: A Cosmere Odyssey

Straw

What meanest thou? Edit: :rolleyes:

I'm not at work any more. Also, PMs aren't open during the day ... so you must have asked me during the night, anticipating this exact situation. 

Edited by Mist

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

OKAY!! I'M HERE NOW!! ARE YOU HAPPY???

Huh? Huh?

@Condensation

(Fadran, this is an ongoing game. You can't talk if you're not playing in it :P)

You can talk in my MR signup thread though

Edited by Matrim's Dice

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

OKAY!! I'M HERE NOW!! ARE YOU HAPPY???

Huh? Huh?

@Condensation

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

(Fadran, this is an ongoing game. You can't talk if you're not playing in it :P)

You can talk in my MR signup thread though

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

(How the heck was I supposed to know that?)

(I'll leave now)

XD  XD

*slowclaps* good job Fadran, good job 

:lol:

anyways, actual game stuff now:

1 hour ago, Mist said:

Burnt asked me too. Oh wait, maybe you asked me to back you up ... :ph34r:

This confuses me.....a lot

Whats your angle Mist?

40 minutes ago, Danex said:

Whats your angle Mist?

PAFO :D. Maybe ask the thread. I'm guessing some people have guessed. 

Edit: I'll probably answer at some point, though.

Edit 2: I don't really have an angle. I'm mostly just trolling. @Danex

Edited by Mist

2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Okay, so in order from most to least suspicious (excluding myself):

Mist :P
Wind
Silber
Books
Vapor
Burnt
Supreme
Condensation
Whysper
Danex

Vapor is a bit lower on the list because if she is elim, the elims took something of a risk with the lynch last cycle. They could have gambled on TJ using his vote manip, or just been planning to let her go, but it slightly lowers my suspicion on her.

I basically like this list except for Burnt, who I think should be way down the list. I'll get to Burnt more later. I like your reasoning on putting Vapor a bit lower. I'd agree with either Wind or Silber for today's lynch. I kind of want to get Silber, but since you already voted Wind, I'll just follow for now.

Wind

2 hours ago, Danex said:

What do you mean duh, I wasn’t sharing any new information. 

also did she really ask you the same thing? It made sense in our conversation, that’s kinda the topic we were on, but I don’t think it would make a ton of sense to ask that out of context. 

This is probably just me continuing to tunnel on Connie, but if I was Elim, I would do what Connie is doing now. Agree with my assessment, thus putting more suspicion onto someone else, then say that the same thing happened in their conversation, although there isn’t anyway to prove that.

You are correct that Elims will tend to do this. And Burnt didn't ask me this same thing. We talked about other stuff relating to roles, but nothing about who Elims would want to get rid of. Though you can ask Burnt later to confirm or deny whether this was part of their conversation with Connie.

2 hours ago, Condensation said:

We chatted about random stuff, then we got onto the topic of pocketing and she said that she doesn't really try to pocket but she does go around PMing everyone and getting bits from everyone. She mentioned one game where she asked who everyone would like to kill and got the final elim that way. So not exactly, but kind of. Then she asked a couple of questions I wasn't okay with answering(about the Hemalurgist doc) and she said it was because she wanted to figure out who the elim Hemalurgist was. Good reasoning though, I don't think I'm very suspicious of her.

This sounds like a reasonable explanation. And I doubt Connie is making it up since Burnt is still around to confirm or deny it.

42 minutes ago, Danex said:

Whats your angle Mist?

Haha, you do realize Mist is just openly playing around with us at this point and trying to cause confusion and dissent, right? :) She was insinuating that she was working with Connie and trying to help Connie's claim by saying the same thing happened to her. :)

2 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Haha, you do realize Mist is just openly playing around with us at this point and trying to cause confusion and dissent, right? :) She was insinuating that she was working with Connie and trying to help Connie's claim by saying the same thing happened to her. :)

Yeah, I'm mostly trolling. 

Also, I didn't know TJ was a Hemalurgist. Maybe getting rid of all of them is possible :rolleyes:. Schemey schemey scheme scheme scheme :ph34r:.

Well since my pm habits are coming up...

Pms!

• Silber- asked who they would kill tonight if they could choose- No response
  • Supreme- asked their thoughts on Elkanah - No response
  • Wind- Asked how they felt about the HI reveal of mist - No response
  • Vapor- asked about a couple people. Response concerning Connie
  • Danex- Asked about thoughts on Elk and who they thought elims would get rid of - Responses gotten
  • Whysper- talked about the lower actives and more. Incorrect guesses were made. Whysper fun to talk to- highly recommended
  • Araris- asked about suspicions and thoughts on particular players as well as a more detailed explanation as why I had initial sus. I think they’re fine now. Some good responses- also recommend as good conversation
  • Mist- Oh boy this was a fun one. Asked bout what they've been up to.
  • TJ- Sigh. Rip. I asked their thoughts on elk. On elim roles they had a theory they thought it was possible the surgebinder might be elim as the other was village. Chatted about whysper a little too. TJ was paranoid of whysper but that was because he did trust her. Also was sure that there likely was an evil hemalurgist when I brought that up. Thinks we’re close to LyLo. As far as actual suspicions he was feeling clueless. The people who talk seem trustworthy and those who don’t there's nothing to go off of.
  • Connie- Asked about their sus on Vapor, had some conversation, indeed did say what they said I did, Asked about hemalurgisty stuffs.- very cautious, understandably, but plenty responses
  • Books- asked who they’d kill if they had a free kill- they voted for two quieter players cause of the inactive elim theory. 

So yeah, the thing I asked most often was what people thought of Elk- was trying to get an idea of where elk sat with people. Pinch-hitting is a challenge y'all. I'm still trying to work out some things.
I asked about the talky players the post- I always tend to be paranoid of the talky trusted folks. Been bitten by a wolf in sheeps clothing too many times. So TJ was one of the people I brought up a number of times. By the end of the night, I was assured that I was really just being paranoid. So. It sucks that they did get killed. Bleh especially with the timing of some of my conversations. Part of me worries about the conversation with danex around that he did believe that TJ would be someone worth targeting. (this is a question I use to get an idea of what people think is and isn't important, its also just an easy thing to try get a response to-a lot of these questions are more just easy little things people are fine responding to. The first cycle of all the pms is more testing the water to see who does and doesn't respond)

Feel free to ask me any more questions. Obviously, this is a vague summary not a detailed explanation of everything I said to people. PM safety and all that. Privacy. Need to know basis stuffs.

19 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

a lot of these questions are more just easy little things people are fine responding to. The first cycle of all the pms is more testing the water to see who does and doesn't respond)

I think I’m starting to understand why you’re called the “PM Spider” in your About Me page.....

18 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Whysper- talked about the lower actives and more. Incorrect guesses were made. Whysper fun to talk to- highly recommended

Haha, fun to talk to because of my incorrect guesses? :)

20 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Also was sure that there likely was an evil hemalurgist when I brought that up.

I've been wondering about this more and more. It does seem like there should be one. The thing is, I think I know all the remaining Hemas and I'm not totally confident any are Elims. Condensation is the only one that gives me some Elim vibes, but I could see them just being this way and playing this way as newbie Villager.

6 minutes ago, Danex said:

I think I’m starting to understand why you’re called the “PM Spider” in your About Me page....

Oh, that does sound appropriate. :) And wow, she has a lot on her About Me page. And a few games under her belt. Cool. :)

Whereas Danex has basically nothing on About Me. :) Though you do have an album. I didn't know you could do that.

1 minute ago, Whysper said:

Totally. Plus one extra suspicion point for asking this. :)

Mwahaha! Yes I am the imposter... wait wrong game. I just want to say that everyone who thinks I’m suspicious is suspicious and you should vote them out later.:ph34r:

Just now, Mist said:

I mean, there's some people voting on you, so yeah, you're suspicious. 

Hiiiiii you showed up. how you doin? 

so are those your reads?

Yeah pretty much, I don’t trust them because they are teaming up against me. :ph34r: Whoever the ringleader is, is very suspicious in my eyes.

17 minutes ago, Danex said:

I think I’m starting to understand why you’re called the “PM Spider” in your About Me page.....

Hehehe yes :P 

14 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Haha, fun to talk to because of my incorrect guesses? :)

I've been wondering about this more and more. It does seem like there should be one. The thing is, I think I know all the remaining Hemas and I'm not totally confident any are Elims. Condensation is the only one that gives me some Elim vibes, but I could see them just being this way and playing this way as newbie Villager.

Just fun to talk to in general :P You're definitely on my shortlist of people worth pming in future games

Id agree on that one. But its also one of those things where... can we afford to pursue that line of thought.

7 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Oh, that does sound appropriate. :) And wow, she has a lot on her About Me page. And a few games under her belt. Cool. :)

Whereas Danex has basically nothing on About Me. :) Though you do have an album. I didn't know you could do that.

Yeah I've been around here a while :P  I don't play very often anymore, Uni has made me very very busy, but I come back for the odd game or two. Typically only when its something particular like a rerun of an old favourite. Like this one :P
side note. So many emojis in this one post xD