Long Game 71: A Cosmere Odyssey

Straw

3 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

"I don't know, how do I can trust you?"

"You can't yet, I'd say. The best way is probably to watch my behavior, and the same for the rest of us. I'm happy to keep to public hallways, if that's what you'd prefer. Shall we head to the bridge of the ship? If not, I'll see you later."

Vote Tally

Cows (1): Elkanah1
Mist (2): Vapor1, Turtle1, Illwei2, Turtle2
Turtle (1): Mist1
Danex (1): Condensation1
Gears (0): Illwei1
Devotary (1): Ventyl1

Probably my greatest suspicion right now is Illwei, for the vote on Gears. I have a slight village read on Turtle, since the vote on Mist seems sincere to me.

Crows. Not even two months into the voyage and already the captain was dead. Morale was low, and it looked like the death wasn't an accident to boot. Fade began mixing together ingredients as he pondered the ship's dilemma. There wasn't much he could do from the kitchen, and intrigue wasn't really his strong suit to begin with. Cooking on the other hand, he could manage just fine. Though there's scant enough appreciation for it aboard this vessel. Fade figured that some good food would at least help get everyone's minds working, and he could make sure nothing got poisoned in the meantime. He poured batter into several irons, and then got out some strawberries, cream, and butter. Once the food was done and set out, Fade stood back to watch the crew fill their plates. He wasn't going to catch any traitors this way, but that didn't change the simple pleasure of making and serving a meal. Let's just hope that it's nobody's last meal.

1 minute ago, Mist said:

"You can't yet, I'd say. The best way is probably to watch my behavior, and the same for the rest of us. I'm happy to keep to public hallways, if that's what you'd prefer. Shall we head to the bridge of the ship? If not, I'll see you later."

"Wait! I could use the help, where should we go to first?"

11 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I could have sworn I saw something....
@Straw is the HI considered a Hemalurgist?

EDIT:

Nevermind, just read up on the rule changes/clarifications Doc. 
I blame the fact that the HI has "Hemalurgist" in it's name.

The HI cannot by default, but it could technically be a Hemalurgist as well I guess.

4 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

"Wait! I could use the help, where should we go to first?"

"Maybe the captain can make an announcement, and we'd likely find them on the bridge. Does that sound good to you?"

Tria starts walking down the hallway. The walls are silver, with inset lights that cast soft shadows across the hallway as she passes each one. She can smell the scent of dinner lingering in the hallways, and she remembers the delicious strawberry and cream waffles the chef had served. She'd have to thank the cook later. What was his name again? She thinks for a moment and remembers. It was Fade! That's it! When they arrive at a corner, she turns, already intimately familiar with the ship. "I'm assuming you'd be more comfortable if I take the stairs and you take the elevator." She turns towards the door and it opens as she approaches. 

2 minutes ago, Mist said:

Tria starts walking down the hallway. The walls are silver, with inset lights that cast soft shadows across the hallway as she passes each one. She can smell the scent of dinner lingering in the hallways, and she remembers the delicious strawberry and cream waffles the chef had served. She'd have to thank the cook later. What was his name again? She thinks for a moment and remembers. It was Fade! That's it! When they arrive at a corner, she turns, already intimately familiar with the ship. "I'm assuming you'd be more comfortable if I take the stairs and you take the elevator." She turns towards the door and it opens as she approaches. 

"No, I would prefer if we took the stairs together." Wind follows Tria.

49 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Yeah. I'm not a fan of poke votes. or at least, clarifying or making it obvious that they're poke votes. it basically defeats the purpose IMO, because the person basically knows that the vote is going to disappear if they wait long enough.

Yeah, exactly. I don't know why people make those votes and then specifically state that's what it's for. It takes away the whole push behind it.

BTW, are votes done by putting the person's name in red?

26 minutes ago, Straw said:

The HI cannot by default, but it could technically be a Hemalurgist as well I guess.

How can the HI also be Hemalurgist? Don't all the Hemalurgist need to die before the HI can die? If the HI was also Hemlurgist, it would then be immortal, wouldn't it? Or is it just that the HI doesn't count among the Hemalurgist for that specific case?

3 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Yeah, exactly. I don't know why people make those votes and then specifically state that's what it's for. It takes away the whole push behind it.

How can the HI also be Hemalurgist? Don't all the Hemalurgist need to die before the HI can die? If the HI was also Hemlurgist, it would then be immortal, wouldn't it? Or is it just that the HI doesn't count among the Hemalurgist for that specific case?

Yes, votes are done by putting the name in red. If you change your vote, you put your previous votes name and green and the new in red.

Just now, Whysper said:

Only village Hemalurgists need to die for the HI to be able to die. You vote by putting names in red, yes. If you're on mobile, you can color a name by saying {color=red}Name{/color} except with [] [] square brackets.

5 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

"No, I would prefer if we took the stairs together." Wind follows Tria.

"I was just thinking that if you don't trust me, you wouldn't want to be in an enclosed space." Tria starts walking up the stairs, taking them two at a time, pushing at the landing to wait for Wind to keep herself from getting too far ahead.

5 minutes ago, Mist said:

"I was just thinking that if you don't trust me, you wouldn't want to be in an enclosed space." Tria starts walking up the stairs, taking them two at a time, pushing at the landing to wait for Wind to keep herself from getting too far ahead.

"You couldn't kill me now because people know you went off with me, if one of us dies then everyone will know who did it." Wind follows Tria up the stairs, jumping up them three at a time to catch up.

Just now, A Windrunner said:

"You couldn't kill me now because people know you went off with me, if one of us dies then everyone will know who did it." Wind follows Tria up the stairs, jumping up them three at a time to catch up.

"Very true." As they reached the top of the stairs, the door slid open, and Tria stepped onto the bridge. It was well lit, with instruments everywhere. The Mistings helping with FTL were reporting to the bridge, reporting on the departure. "Excuse me, sir."

1 hour ago, A Windrunner said:

Wind looked around for his friends, he had looked for them for quite a while now, where are they? This meeting with everyone in the same spot should make it easier, "Viola! It's me Wind! where are you?".

:)

Viola (Wait, I want a map of the ship. Also, she's doing this on purpose now. Count it as a game.) slipped behind a corner. Cats and kings, that had been close. He'd almost seen her, and then it would all be done for her. She grinned and decided to hide on the top floor, so she ran into the elevator and pressed the top button.

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

Yeah, that was my opinion. Connie is new though, so....hmmm...actually-

Turtle, when you get back on think over that again, and what you did last game. You clearing Connie seems more e/e coming from you, as last game you asked a question and got cleared. then again, who knows.
You (turtle) coming out and immediately trying to find the HI comes off village. (it ends up being IKYK I guess, and I overthink everything so-) but a possibility is you target Mist under the guise of you trying to find the HI, and that gives you instant village points. who knows. probably not. You do seem kinda different this game, bit it's been too long for me to tell without reading back through that one.

Yeah. I'm not a fan of poke votes. or at least, clarifying or making it obvious that they're poke votes. it basically defeats the purpose IMO, because the person basically knows that the vote is going to disappear if they wait long enough.

It's all right, I can stop asking if you want. I'm sure Mist would help me.

18 minutes ago, Mist said:

"Very true." As they reached the top of the stairs, the door slid open, and Tria stepped onto the bridge. It was well lit, with instruments everywhere. The Mistings helping with FTL were reporting to the bridge, reporting on the departure. "Excuse me, sir."

"So where are we going again?"

"Well, now we're only going where the ship is. We've arrived at the bridge. Captain?" Tria calls out again. 

If anyone wants to be someone there, feel free. If not, I'll do them.

43 minutes ago, Whysper said:

How can the HI also be Hemalurgist? Don't all the Hemalurgist need to die before the HI can die? 

See, I feel like you're trying to pocket me again :P

Hm. I- yeah. Good point. I think we can safely assume that the HI is not one of the Hemalurgists :P. 

39 minutes ago, Mist said:

Only village Hemalurgists need to die for the HI to be able to die.

Wait, where does this say?

26 minutes ago, Condensation said:

It's all right, I can stop asking if you want. I'm sure Mist would help me.

Well, first of all, if youre just gonna do whatever I say, could you just quote the part of the post youre replying to? :P.

And i mean, if youre talking about asking game specific clarifications, pretty sure thats illegal? (Unless you guys are both Elims :P) 

And i mean? Dont just stop asking questions if you need to? Just- ? I have no way to respond to this. Do what you need to do. Sure, you might get killed for it, but im wanting to kill you more now that youve offered to just change completely so I dont find you suspicious...so just- i dont know- do you-

4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Wait, where does this say?

And i mean, if youre talking about asking game specific clarifications, pretty sure thats illegal? (Unless you guys are both Elims :P) 

And i mean? Dont just stop asking questions if you need to? Just- ? I have no way to respond to this. Do what you need to do. Sure, you might get killed for it, but im wanting to kill you more now that youve offered to just change completely so I dont find you suspicious...so just- i dont know- do you-

If every Loyal Crewmember Hemalurgist is dead, the Traitors are able to make some improvements to you. You will then lose your kill immunity and gain access to the Traitor Google Document. You do not count for the purposes of deciding win conditions.

Here's the wording.

5 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Well, first of all, if youre just gonna do whatever I say, could you just quote the part of the post youre replying to? :P.

Okay, check.

I don't know...

Okay. I just don't want to bother anyone.

23 minutes ago, Illwei said:

See, I feel like you're trying to pocket me again :P

You are really too paranoid about getting pocketed. :)

6 minutes ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

ugh

i really am not realiable

well

i just have to hope i can make something useful

This actually gives me an elim-vibe. But it appears that you are new to SE if not to Forum Mafia in general. If you are village, just do your best to give your opinion on things so that people can read you and see your thinking process.

1 minute ago, Whysper said:

You are really too paranoid about getting pocketed. :)

This actually gives me an elim-vibe. But it appears that you are new to SE if not to Forum Mafia in general. If you are village, just do your best to give your opinion on things so that people can read you and see your thinking process.

He's not new, but he usually tends to be rather inactive. 

Edited by Mist
Usually

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

What's pocketing?

Pocketing: Pocketing refers to when a mafia-aligned player buddies up to a town-aligned player in the hopes that this will make said player view the mafia-aligned player favorably. Usually the mafia-aligned player will defend the town player in order to "pocket" them.