Quick Fix 47: Multi-Man Melee

Sart

Gwen looks around, grinning as she surveys the battlefield. Everyone scrambling around, trying to prepare for the coming battle. She was calm, prepared, ready. Truly, she knew her strategy would ensure victory. And no one would stand in her way. Setting down a chunk of chalk, calmly dusts her hands off, before looking at each of her opponents, attempting to meet their eyes. Attempting to see any flaws, any weaknesses, any mistakes that would give her a chance for victory. She was ready. Let the game begin. 

Vicki groaned. She had messed up her defense when that young woman (?) had met her eyes. She held her chalk against her line and waited a few seconds before redrawing her line. She looked up occasionally, viewing the others carefully.

Shard sat down and started drawing with his special chalk. It was impossible to tell how well the defense was made, but the invisibility of the chalk was worth stopping his competitors from knowing which defense it was. Shard glanced up to see where everyone else was, then started to draw a line. 

Joshua picked a spot in the middle of the edge- not so far where he was backed against a wall, but not that he was surrounded, either. He noted the man called Shard was drawing with invisible chalk, as to hide his defense. Joshua snorted. What if he were to mess up a line? Joshua figured the chance the other Rithmatists were paying enough attention to discern the others' defense was small; they all were spending an overly large amount of time drawing their own. This, of course, was what he did as well- no good would come from a mistake. Testing, testing...

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Looks like the competitors are starting out slow. There isn't much action happening on the field right now.

That's true Tom. Most likely they're paranoid about making a mistake.

Like Reading over there. His hands are shaking like crazy.

Oof. And when you're hands start shaking, your Defense crumbles. Reading is out.

Other than that, no other eliminations. I wonder if this next round is going to pick up.

Shard of Reading has been eliminated.

This Round will end slightly later, at 10 PM CST, on September 14th 2020. And remember, please get in your actions.

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. No Name Given: @Lord_Silberfarben
  2. Joshua: @Matrim's Dice
  3. Chakrami: @Gears
  4. Vicki: @Vapor
  5. Elan Haynes: @Elkanah
  6. Straw: @Straw
  7. Alex: @Illwei
  8. Shard: @Experience
  9. Character TBD: @TJ Shade
  10. Jes: @JesterLavorre
  11. Gwen: @Butt Ad Venture
  12. Faleast: @Ashbringer
  13. Locke Tekiel: @Orlok Tsubodai
  14. Reading: Shard of Reading
  15. Mint: @Frozen Mint
  16. Oreo Wickerstump: @Kings_way
  17. Arturo Hitano: @Ventyl
Edited by Sart
Typo

Since a lot of people are asking this, no you are not notified if you are roleblocked. You are not notified if you successfully defended against an attack. You will be notified if you lose your extra life from the Taylor Defense. If you attack someone and they are still alive, you will be told that your target is still standing. You will not be told if your attack was roleblocked, if your target was defending, or if they lost their extra life.

Between the Taylor Defence, and from what I can assume, fear that many people have about being eliminated early, it makes sense that this was a quiet turnover. Just saying that I predict tonight to be quite chaotic.

Gwen grinned as Shard was taken away. That fool didn't deserve to be here anyways. Shaky hands, stumbled the second he met her eyes. The next targets though, they would not be so easy to take out. She hadn't considered the implications that alliances created. One mistake made. She would soon rectify that. She needed to be the very best to win. That demanded perfection.

Hitano’s eyesight was considered beyond normal human levels, it was one of the main reasons he had left Japan. People there consider him to be a monster, but after moving to the American Isles, he found that monsters were welcomed here. It was probably because they dealt with worse on the island of Nebrask. His talents had proven very useful in the world of Rithmatism, he could see enemy defenses from afar, and could spot wild chalkings from miles away. 

Although he had not yet ventured to Nebrask, he knew that if he won this tournament he’d make his way there. Once the leaders of this country saw his prowess, he would help finally reclaim that island. Not for the country he currently resided in, but maybe, if he did something good with his life when he returned to Japan, they would see that he wasn’t a monster.

19 hours ago, Ventyl said:

Roleblocks taken during Round 1 didn’t effect that round, they’ll effect this round. Unless of course, lots of people are using Matson.

I meant that either a lot of people used Lines of Forbiddance or a lot of people used Lines of Vigor. I wonder which way it skewed.

(I'd love to post another Faleast mind game RP here, but I'm busy with CS... will do tomorrow if I'm still alive.)

Edit: oh yeah, delayed rollover. Might get to one.

Edit: TA-DA!!!

Faleast had resigned himself to staring at the window. AraRaash had forgotten the name of the third Artemis Fowl book, and all the books Faleast had thought of to be interesting suddenly seemed boring when all put together.

The Forgotten controlling his body seemed to be doing well in this... competition, AraRaash had thought. He did notice that the person who'd been removed from the game had only left when his circle had been breached, walking out in disappointment rather than being dragged out on a stretcher. This wasn't a battle to the death.

He'd seen for himself that these wars of Rithmatics very well could be. The Glyph of Rending. Nobody here was using it, including their "guest". But Faleast knew that at any moment the lines and creatures drawn by his own fingers could turn into very real powers.

"Why is it even here?" he wondered aloud. AraRaash turned up from his book.

"This being might be one of the most powerful Rithmatists in this world. He could decimate this competition with ease. So why is he playing? What possible interest could a Forgotten have in a competition between a bunch of his lessers?"

AraRaash snickered. Faleast turned to him.

"Sorry", he said. "Spoilers".

Spoiler

YOU MAY NOW SPEAK FREELY.

"... huh," he continued. "This is new. A box. Anyway, I think the Forgotten want to do something with the best Rithmatists. Something involving that tower and making more of themselves."

"And you learned this how?" Faleast continued.

AraRaash lifted his book in response.

Rithmatist.

"... you've got to be kidding me," Faleast said, returning his gaze toward the window.

Nice try, but no.

Edited by Ashbringer
Ta-da!

Well Ron, what's the latest from the field?

The battlefield has been turned into a cloud of chalk dust. It's hard to make out what's going on.

I think I see one elimination already. Joshua's Line of Warding has been breached.

You're right about that, but I have no idea who hit him. Oh, and it looks like Shard is out as well!

I wonder what happened there. And to the east of the field, I can see a concerted effort to take down Locke Tekiel.

He's already down for the count. I don't know what he did, but he must have ticked someone off.

That's all for now, but the competition is really heating up. Who will be the next to fall?

Matrim's Dice has been eliminated.
Experience has been eliminated.
Orlok Tsubodai has been eliminated.

This round will end at our normal rollover time of 8 PM CST on Tuesday, September 15th. This means this round is slightly shorter than normal. I apologize for the inconvenience.
As a reminder, any PMs made by dead players are now closed. Please be mindful of that this cycle. Also, remember to get your actions in.

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. No Name Given: @Lord_Silberfarben
  2. Joshua: Matrim's Dice
  3. Chakrami: @Gears
  4. Vicki: @Vapor
  5. Elan Haynes: @Elkanah
  6. Straw: @Straw
  7. Alex: @Illwei
  8. Shard: Experience
  9. Character TBD: @TJ Shade
  10. Jes: @JesterLavorre
  11. Gwen: @Butt Ad Venture
  12. Faleast: @Ashbringer
  13. Locke Tekiel: Orlok Tsubodai
  14. Reading: Shard of Reading
  15. Mint: @Frozen Mint
  16. Oreo Wickerstump: @Kings_way
  17. Arturo Hitano: @Ventyl

Well. What did I say. :P I think that classifies as much more chaotic. Truly, that is not a good thing at all. But with the number of students shrinking, the chance for victory rises. Of course none of that matters if we all die at once. How cool would that be, a game where no one wins cause we're all dead. *chuckles*

Gwen sighed. All that planning for nothing. Too many contacts dead. She needed to get back into contact. Too many plans murdered in one fell swoop. She shouted across the room, "Character TBD (@TJ Shade)! Let's talk!" Then she kneeled back down, getting back to drawing line after line, with perfect precision. It was time to change strategy.

1 hour ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Well. What did I say. :P I think that classifies as much more chaotic. Truly, that is not a good thing at all. But with the number of students shrinking, the chance for victory rises. Of course none of that matters if we all die at once. How cool would that be, a game where no one wins cause we're all dead. *chuckles*

Then the player with most no. of kills wins the game, and if someone has 2 kills in 2 cycles already,  I salute you. xD

2 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Gwen sighed. All that planning for nothing. Too many contacts dead. She needed to get back into contact. Too many plans murdered in one fell swoop. She shouted across the room, "Character TBD (@TJ Shade)! Let's talk!" Then she kneeled back down, getting back to drawing line after line, with perfect precision. It was time to change strategy.

So... I haven't read The Rithmatist, so I'm sort of shying away from all the RP-ing to avoid any sort of spoilers, hope that's understandable!

55 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

So... I haven't read The Rithmatist, so I'm sort of shying away from all the RP-ing to avoid any sort of spoilers, hope that's understandable!

*shrugs* I meant more, talk about the game. As in, discuss how we can further each other's plans for victory. K'know. Cause lots of people were murdered. Makes sense that people would be scrambling to set up new alliances in the wake of a mass murder. So...uh..yeah.