Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

Just now, Exotwo said:

how do I join?

Well, first of all, you should put all OOC posts in quote boxes :D.

Step 1: Read Null's worldbuilding document. ALL OF IT.

Step 2: Design a character.

Step 3: Make sure your character is a-okay with the big man (Null).

Step 4: Post something. We'll work you into the plot somehow.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'm not calling it quits yet. I'm not done."

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

"You... are going to kill Lena?"

Vespyr stood by the door, bemused.  It looked at both of them from behind its opaque white mask.  If only there were popcorn.  Vespyr had learned from others that it was customary to eat the snack while watching something amusing.  It would have been a unique experience, because the girl immediately assuming that she could walk out and march back to where she'd literally gotten her guts ground into the gravel to try a second time... that was hilarious.  

It might have offered question on who Janice was.  It hadn't been filled in on much about the girl she was supposed to bring back.  Unfortunately, bringing back people alive often had complications of an annoying nature.  It doubted that the Queen would be particularly happy about the hanger-on that Vespyr had decided to bring back, the girl's pet.  No, that wasn't the right word.  Ally?  Companion?  Those were probably better words for it.

The wind spoke for Vespyr, shooting in from the entrance of the cave and swirling around, like a breath in a lung.  The eerie keening, shifting voice sounded downright jovial.  "How is it you expect to return?"

2 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr stood by the door, bemused.  It looked at both of them from behind its opaque white mask.  If only there were popcorn.  Vespyr had learned from others that it was customary to eat the snack while watching something amusing.  It would have been a unique experience, because the girl immediately assuming that she could walk out and march back to where she'd literally gotten her guts ground into the gravel to try a second time... that was hilarious.  

It might have offered question on who Janice was.  It hadn't been filled in on much about the girl she was supposed to bring back.  Unfortunately, bringing back people alive often had complications of an annoying nature.  It doubted that the Queen would be particularly happy about the hanger-on that Vespyr had decided to bring back, the girl's pet.  No, that wasn't the right word.  Ally?  Companion?  Those were probably better words for it.

The wind spoke for Vespyr, shooting in from the entrance of the cave and swirling around, like a breath in a lung.  The eerie keening, shifting voice sounded downright jovial.  "How is it you expect to return?"

Trace's eyes went narrow with confusion. "Umm... sorry?"

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Trace's eyes went narrow with confusion. "Umm... sorry?"

Vespyr tilted its head, wondering why the girl hadn't responded.  Clearly, she'd heard.  Did she have a concussion?  Did she not understand?  "You should heal your companion again," Vespyr advised.  "It seems she must be facing some brain trauma."  

Vespyr didn't mean to sass the girl.  But it wasn't much more than pragmatic.

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr tilted its head, wondering why the girl hadn't responded.  Clearly, she'd heard.  Did she have a concussion?  Did she not understand?  "You should heal your companion again," Vespyr advised.  "It seems she must be facing some brain trauma."  

Vespyr didn't mean to sass the girl.  But it wasn't much more than pragmatic.

"No, I meant... you mean you aren't going to take us back?"

wait so a rock basically shapes the Planet?

I also don't get the whole academy thing. and the Attributes.
so if I understand, there are many Nations, and they live in peace.  (ish) and there is a rock that is basically what makes attributes. 

if I understand, the Technology is more advanced then IRL?

Qhoral corrupts?

Just now, Exotwo said:

Lemme spell it out for you:

The rock: Qhoral. It's a crystal. More on that later.

Attributes, Veils, Aspects, Dusters, and Academies... AVADA (Kedavra), for short. There are eight attributes, if I remember correctly (ten bucks says I don't remember correctly. I'ma just say eight for now). Each is represented by a certain kind of Qhoral. Some people have these magical powers called 'Aspects.' Said Aspects fall into the categories of one of those Attributes. People can train these Aspects at the academies to become Dusters, which are essentially Magical Warriors with names disguised as handmaidens. Most of the characters in SC have Aspects, trained or untrained.

Qhoral is a magical crystal which, like I said, can represent one of eight Attributes. If refined, this Qhoral can be used to make advanced technology with really wack powers. Unrefined qhoral, however, is dangerous, and can corrupt animals or even people.

That's how I understand it, anyways. Hope that helped.

11 minutes ago, Exotwo said:

wait so a rock basically shapes the Planet?

I also don't get the whole academy thing. and the Attributes.
so if I understand, there are many Nations, and they live in peace.  (ish) and there is a rock that is basically what makes attributes. 

if I understand, the Technology is more advanced then IRL?

Qhoral corrupts?

Here's what you need to know.

Siren is a planet with five main nations, their technology is a bit more advanced, with things like metal exoskeletons, and handheld railguns etc. etc. (Though sadly neither air, nor undersea travel is very advanced.) 

There are two main threats to the main group, or protagonists: The Talon, a radical terrorist organization, and whatever is going on with the Yevon... (People corrupted by Qhoral) Qhoral is important to world geography and such, example: Around fire Qhoral temperatures will probably be higher, but it doesn't necessary shape the planet.

Umm... If you want to join in I recommend, reading the worldbuilding, then you should probably pick a character affiliation (Join the Talon! Being a villain is 100% more fun! :P) Make a backstory, and then fall out of the sky or something...

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Retrieve us and take us where? What do you want with us?"

Goodness, how oblivious could these two be?  "Her Majesty has pulled me from my post to fetch you.  As I have saved your life, it naturally would have belonged to me anyways."  No, that wasn't the right logical conclusion.  It sounded right, but...  "I believe it is a debt that humans often reference in similar situations?"  Anyways, all of Vespyr's possessions belonged to the Queen anyway.  Logically, the reasoning seemed sound.  

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

Goodness, how oblivious could these two be?  "Her Majesty has pulled me from my post to fetch you.  As I have saved your life, it naturally would have belonged to me anyways."  No, that wasn't the right logical conclusion.  It sounded right, but...  "I believe it is a debt that humans often reference in similar situations?"  Anyways, all of Vespyr's possessions belonged to the Queen anyway.  Logically, the reasoning seemed sound.  

"Wow. You saved my life. Big whoop. Y'know, any decent person would've done that anyways, and I was totally chill with death! I can cope with dying."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Wow. You saved my life. Big whoop. Y'know, any decent person would've done that anyways, and I was totally chill with death! I can cope with dying."

"Logically, you can then cope with surviving under duress," Vespyr retorted.  It was... fun to engage with someone longer than a few moments.  Usually, Vespyr had killed most people by now.