Long Game 69: The Politics of the Passions

Zillah

So, I've got about 15 minutes to write a post. Sorry I've been lurking a bit, but I've been both busy and very confused.

Vapor and Lotus both seem to want to die, Sart's been mostly confirmed by Silber's scan, and it's been very quiet overall.

I'll vote Vapor. I'll try to make a longer post in an hour or so, but I can't really promise everything. I'll definitely post again before rollover though.

I will say, my action went through (as far as I can see) but it's essentially useless at this point.

Considering all of the information we would get from Vapor, I feel that's our best bet. I'm mostly basing this off of peoples analysis like Pyro pointing out the info we would get, but also the resignation and last line of their long post quoting everyone just feels like an elim. It seems a lot more likely to me that an elim facing this much suspicion would be more likely to be resigned to their fate than a villager. At least that's how I tend to treat situations like that.

1 hour ago, Vapor said:

Sorry for the length. This is just this round. Now, people are just trying to figure out who my Elim team members are. Thus, chaos.

Ok... Practically a claim. I'm going to vote on Vapor. I know I'm jumping on this train, but in past games known elims have been left alive, and it just made everything very, very chaotic. 

If Lotus is village, we have 2 possible elim-y actions the previous Night. The NK and Coercion on Lotus. It is possible that a villager could have used Coercion, but I think an elim using it is a lot more likely. Claims:

• Lord Silber - Research - Can be confirmed later
  • TJ - Sabotage - Confirmed by Elkanah
  • Matrim - Sabotage - No way to confirm but no reason to lie as Lotus would have caught him in lie as he wouldn’t know she didn’t use her action (unless both are elims which doesn’t seem to be possible as he was voting her out).
  • Mint - Connection - No way to confirm
  • Kynedath - Survival - No way to confirm, but easy to catch in lie. Unlikely to have lied.
  • Experience - ?
  • Illwei - ?
  • Ashbringer - ? 
  • Sart - ?
  • Lotus - DNU but would have been Role-blocked
  • Elkanah - Role-blocked
  • Vapor - ?
  • Pyromancer - DNU - No way to confirm 

One of the (?) used Planning to AN PM me, and I think I know who it is (not gonna out them if they do not want to). Sart is apparently village. That leaves Vapor, Illwei, Ashbringer, Experience, (minus the one who PM'd me), Mint if she lied, Pyro if he lied and Kynedath in the unlikely event if he lied. If we have to further reduce the list, we could remove Illwei if Vapor flips elim (D1 vote) and Kynedath’s claim seems villager-y to me. So we have Vapor, Ashbringer, Experience, Mint and Pyro, minus the Planning Person to bring it down to 2 in 4. Of course, the 2nd elim in the list depends on Lotus being village. Further development can be made after knowing the alignment of Vapor, i.e. did she submit the elim kill or Coercion, or did she do neither and there are two others in the list, etc.

Probably my last post for the cycle, so see ya later.

54 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

So we have Vapor, Ashbringer, Experience, Mint and Pyro, minus the Planning Person to bring it down to 2 in 4. Of course, the 2nd elim in the list depends on Lotus being village. Further development can be made after knowing the alignment of Vapor, i.e. did she submit the elim kill or Coercion, or did she do neither and there are two others in the list, etc.

Note to self: link between Kynedath and TJ. If not both elims, TJ's unlikely to be an elim.

Actually, has anyone else (besides TJ's anonymous) received a PM? Whether anonymous or normal?

We don't need to know with whom, what content, or even if it's anonymous or normal, but it would be nice to know how many more of our unknowns are Connection/Planning. Plus it gives Mint a way to confirm herself, if she gives one end of the PM she made. (Which isn't needed, but would be useful if we're going by process of elimination.)

Edited by Ashbringer
"else"

13 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Actually, has anyone else (besides TJ's anonymous) received a PM? Whether anonymous or normal?

I have not, sorry.

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Note to self: link between Kynedath and TJ. If not both elims, TJ's unlikely to be an elim.

Where'd this conclusion come from? Yes, the part that you quoted leaves out Kyne, but TJ mentioned that Kyne did claim and it'd be easy to catch a lie with the action he claimed, thus making it reasonable to leave him out of the possible elim killers.

6 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Similar vibe to Experience? You put for XP that he wasn't giving new candidates and defending the ones up, but I suggested the Vapor/Lotus team possibility. So I don't really know what you're talking about :P.

Nowhere did I say you had a similar vibe to Experience? [" "] << those are quotes, not a ditto. Did you read the rest of it? because I don't know what you're talking about :P.

58 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I...I don't like this. I don't think that saying you received a PM means anything. the only reasonable ..er...reason, you would want to know people's PMs for is to know people's actions, and the people telling you that they have connection is enough. you don't need to know everyone who has received a PM and personally I don't like that you're asking. as for "we don't need to know whom" I think it would be pretty easy to figure out, as only Mist has said she got the PM powers. this has probably turned into a ramble

I will say that last night I received Connection. Whether I used it, or whether I spent the 24 hours panicking about who I should send a message to, is only for me and the person on the other end to know :P.

Edited by Illwei

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Nowhere did I say you had a similar vibe to Experience? [" "] << those are quotes, not a ditto. Did you read the rest of it? because I don't know what you're talking about :P

46 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

You said this:

14 hours ago, Illwei said:
  • Matrim - “  ” vibe - I’m mildly concerned that I seem to be having similar thoughts to him. Just...just a tad concerned.  

Which I took the 'similar thoughts' to be referring to XP, who you had analyzed right above me. There was no one else above that to have had 'similar thoughts' about.

Though now that I'm rereading it I'm taking it to mean that you are the one having similar thoughts to me, which I probably should've realized before :ph34r: But I don't know what the " " is quoting, or why you're concerned, as having similar thoughts with someone else usually is a good thing that helps build trusts.

What Matrim sees:

18 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

having similar thoughts with someone else usually is a good thing that helps build trusts.

What I see: (not an actual quote, just to clarify)

18 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

having similar thoughts with someone else usually is a good thing that helps build trusts. Pocket.

:P. as I said, just a little teeny tad concerned, but currently pushing my paranoia down :P. especially because you can't see inside my mind and then post the thoughts I'm having :P. I just haven't had a game so far where I was thinking a lot of the same things as someone else.
But yes, the "I" In my statement does in fact refer to me, the one writing the post :P.

Also the quotes were not quoting anything, I just- I was getting certain feelings off of people, but just absolutely nothing from you. Like-nothing. Your posts to me have no taste.

also...was...was your " :P. " Mock-...Mocking me? ;-; :((

Edited by Illwei

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

What Matrim sees:

What I see: (not an actual quote, just to clarify)

:P. as I said, just a little teeny tad concerned, but currently pushing my paranoia down :P. especially because you can't see inside my mind and then post the thoughts I'm having :P. I just haven't had a game so far where I was thinking a lot of the same things as someone else

also...was...was your " :P. " Mock-...Mocking me? ;-; :((

Ahhh... I see... though if I'm saying things in-thread that you haven't, I can't be pocketing you, and in that case it's a good thing. Course, I can't pocket you regardless... ;) 

No, I just use the ':P' in place of :P sometimes because the they each give a different feel. The first one is more like a shrug/eh kind of thing and the second one is like lol

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

I...I don't like this. I don't think that saying you received a PM means anything. the only reasonable ..er...reason, you would want to know people's PMs for is to know people's actions, and the people telling you that they have connection is enough. you don't need to know everyone who has received a PM and personally I don't like that you're asking. as for "we don't need to know whom" I think it would be pretty easy to figure out, as only Mist has said she got the PM powers. this has probably turned into a ramble

I will say that last night I received Connection. Whether I used it, or whether I spent the 24 hours panicking about who I should send a message to, is only for me and the person on the other end to know :P.

The PM Connection makes doesn't have to be between you and someone else; a Connection user can set up a PM between two other people.

Although now that I think about it, there's not much of a reason to do that...

It would just be nice to know how many PM's are out there and how much that relates to how many PM-making-role-claims are out there. I like provable things, and the more we can narrow down who used what abilities, the better we can read what the intentions behind them are.

@Zillah, can you confirm if the Elim who did the night kill can also use a Passion?

17 hours ago, Elkanah said:

Every villager should use this ability as often as possible. Elims shouldn't. It's useless to you :P.

Is this your way of saying you think I'm an elim? :P

I don't like this lynch train and the lack of resistance. Even if it does appear Vapor is an elim with her latest post. I wish I was able to get on sooner but oh well. Nothing to be done about that. Current reads:

Experience: strange that they didn't initially vote on Vapor when posting their reads since the reads seem to suggest that Vapor is the best lynch candidate, it's natural to be unsure this early in the game, but votes can be changed later in the cycle. Only voted after Vapor claimed- elim

Illwei: posts giving off classic SE paranoia - null

Matrims Dice: mostly a gut read at this point - village

Lotus - Nothing stuck out to me but I've seen a lot of conversation about Lotus' potential link with Vapor in the D1 lynch, so I'll need to go back and take a further look, but for now - null

TJ Shade: tone is definitely more relaxed than in previous games - null

Kynedath: my gut's going back and forth, will need to do a closer look at their posts - null

Vapor: I didn't think much of his earlier elim "claims" to be honest, I could've credited it to a chaotic playstyle. But that last post seems genuine so... - strong elim

Lord Silberfarben: I like the point TJ made about Silb putting a scan target on himself by sharing that Sart is village, making Silb's claim a risky move for an elim - slight village

Elkanah - excited, generally seems to be helpful but I do wonder if they're just experienced enough to do a good impression. I like how they tried to get more information by pressuring Elandera on D1 by voting on Kynedath. Genuine villager or expert manipulator? You decide - slight village

The Young Pyromancer - also more relaxed tone than in previous games, not too many posts - null

Ashbringer: pretty confidently said they were suspicious of a villager (well, I know I'm village anyways :P) without listing many other suspicions, so didn't have a reads list to hide behind if I actually ended up lynched, which makes me think village (not sure if I'm repeating myself, I don't remember if I mentioned this reasoning before) - village

Sart the Bard: based off of Silb's claim - village

Given all the nulls and lack of elim reads, I'm going to try and suss out some elim reads from my nulls on N2. I already have a couple of hunches.

I'm wondering if it would be best to refrain from sharing villagers confirmed by scans. Elims tend to kill trusted villagers, so it puts a target on the confirmed villager. I think it would be best to keep the knowledge to yourself unless said confirmed villager is a contender for the lynch. I would say the ideal thing to do would be to tell some people you trust in PMs if you can, so the knowledge doesn't necessarily die off if you do. The people you PM might betray you but it's a better bet than sharing with the entire thread.

Vapor not trying to save herself is... very bad, if he is elim. At this point, I'm hoping she's a villager because than we might get more information from the lynch. Because if elim!Vapor just gave herself up than the other elims aren't trying to save her either which... means this lynch gives us zero information. In fact, it might be a negative number because lynches of elims that elims don't try to influence lead to some really misleading analysis.

The amphitheatre in the Royal Ward of Thaylenah hushed as Yasdv took the stage to address her advisors and supporters. The wind blew in from the sea and brought with it the smell of salt water, a familiar scent to any native Thaylen. It was little comfort to those gathered today, there was tension rippling through the crowd. There was one advisor missing today and their seat was left empty. Yasdv raised her voice so that everyone could hear her. 

"I have a message for those of you in Tyedls service. I will NOT tolerate your treachery! You will be found out and swiftly cut from my staff as a tumor is cut out of the body by the finest surgeons in Kharbranth! Let today be an example for you."

Vapor was brought before the crowd and murmurs and whispers broke out like the pox. Her head was down and her eyes were weary.

"Vapor, You have been accused of working with Tyedl Csuplidn and undermining my campaign efforts. Do you offer any defense to these accusations?"

Vapor was silent but looked up at Yasdv defiantly.

"Then I hereby remove you from my service. Permanently. When I win this election you can expect to have a hard time finding gainful employment."

Yasdv put her hand on the insignia on Vapors soft cap and ripped it off in one fluid motion. She turned her back to Vapor and began to discuss matters further with her advisors as Vapor slank off.

Vapor was lynched, they were an Undercover Emmisary!!

Player List

Spoiler
  1. Experience - Shard
  2. Illwei
  3. Matrims Dice - Phil
  4. Lotus - Sunwalker
  5. TJ Shade - Ylns
  6. Frozen Mint
  7. Kynedath - Tktk
  8. Vapor   Undercover Emmisary 
  9. Lord Silberfarben
  10. Elkanah - Lknik (a possible addict)
  11. The Young Pyromancer - Mancia Young
  12. Ashbringer - Faleast
  13. Mist - Tara Night Loyal Campaign Staff
  14. Sart the Bard
  15. Elandera Loyal Campaign Sta

Lotus (1): Lotus

Vapor (7): TJ Shade, Matrims Dice, Vapor, Ashbringer, Kynedath, Experience, Frozen Mint

The Young Pyromancer (1): Sart

Note!! If you have the passion of logic or passion of empathy - you still have to send in a request to use that.

The cycle will end in approximately 24 hours, on Saturday August 5, 0100 UTC

Edited by Zillah

Even with the claim at the end it's good to get that verified. 

Top suspects now: Lotus, Experience. For reasons mentioned prior.

3 minutes ago, Zillah said:

Lotus (1): Lotus

Vapor (7): TJ Shade, Matrims Dice, Vapor, Ashbringer, Kynedath, Experience, Frozen Mint

The Young Pyromancer (1): Sart

Note!! If you have the passion of logic or passion of empathy - you still have to send in a request to use that.

I was gonna say something about the vote count having 7 votes instead of 8 (because XP's vote should've counted twice) but the note at the end makes me think that he just forgot to send in the action. @Experience?

Also: I suggested the Vapor/Lotus team, and I would hope that this clears me a little bit. As such I am expecting to be an elim kill target, so I wouldn't mind the Passion of Protection helping me out- if you have received that, consider myself or Sart as good targets. Now, and in the future :P Please, and thank you.

I agree with Mint on that if you scan a villager, refrain from saying anything for at least a little while. If they become a candidate, then speaking up would be useful, but we don't want to give the elims an easy target.

I received the Passion of Connection and plan to make a PM with someone I trust. I probably won't disclose who, but villagers, don't waste your roleblock on me. Elims, if you have a roleblock, go ahead :P 

I'll do a full reads list in the morning. I'll still be around for an hour or so, but I want to make the reads list when I have more time.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I agree with Mint on that if you scan a villager, refrain from saying anything for at least a little while. If they become a candidate, then speaking up would be useful, but we don't want to give the elims an easy target.

the problem is if i die before i can divulge who i saw as vill, and then the village lynches that person we could have avoided simply by me claiming

and as some have said, nor me nor sart are cleared

plus, a single good kill target is almost useless to the elims, because sart is the obvious target for protections