Ships!!!

DramaQueen

9 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I could also almost see Lift gaining a crush on Rock's eldest daughter.

Hi thanks I'm just gonna steal this ship and make off with it, because even if it ends up being a rarepair, this seems completely possible and completely amazing.

10 hours ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

lowkeyhopingadolindiessoshallandoesn'thavetoleavehimdonthatemeplease

I'm right there with you. It's my favorite dead horse.

I'm personally holding out hope that one of Shallan's Truths (not Oaths) will get her there, so Adolin doesn't have to die. What's a more self aware truth than admitting you need a divorce?

That said, prepare yourself for Adolin/Shallan buddy romance novelette coming in RoW.

Honestly I don't really ship much when it comes to Stormlight Archive. I'd like if Kaladin ends up with someone but I don't care who(except for maybe Shallan). I'm also going to reiterate what I've posted before all I want to see is Kaladin as a a Dad that's it. Wether as a single dad or in a relationship with someone.  I also hold little opinions about other characters possible pairings. 

7 hours ago, Danex said:

I love Shallan x Adolin myself, but if Shallan x Kaladin somehow happens I wouldn’t be sad. I do feel like Kal’s arc is setting him up for a new romance thing. Like if Tarah comes back. Or maybe Azure. Vivenna’s ( how do you spell her naaaame *anguish*) not had any romance that we’ve seen right? I haven’t read warbreaker in forever.

I think Vivenna is right. Personally, I think Brandon hinted at least slightly at a potential romance with her and Vasher? Then (warbreaker spoilers)

Spoiler

both she and her sister would be married to gods, so that'd be sick

Spoiler

Do y’all think Kelsier will ever have another romance? I definitely don’t think anyone we currently know is a candidate, but Vin’s last words to him in secret History kinda suggest something. I don’t have the exact quote, but I think it’s “You have a lot to learn about Love” which I think mirrors Kelsier’s last words to her “You have a lot to learn about friendship”. (Again, not exact quotes, just my memory.) Nobody we currently know would fit IMO, but who knows what’ll happen in era 3?

Mistborn

Edited by Danex
Sorry!

I personally love Shallan and Adolin together. I think that the stability and positivity Adolin provides is perfect for Shallan (even though I know that's already been addressed both positively and negatively), and I think Shallan brings some sense and real-world perspectives into Adolin's life. As has been stated, Adolin never went through anything extremely traumatic as a child, so I think that his relationship with Shallan can teach him a lot. 

I think Kaladin and Jasnah would be... interesting. Mostly because Kaladin still isn't a fan of lighteyes in powerful positions, and Jasnah happens to be the most powerful lighteyes politically, and she's also extremely powerful with stormlight. At first, I think that Kaladin will treat her with grudging respect, and she won't care too much. Maybe it could progress into a relationship, but who knows? It would definitely be an interesting read. 

Edit: I will admit that Kaladin has plenty of experience learning to appreciate Kholins, so his relationship with Jasnah could progress more quickly.

Edited by wishiwasstormblessed
thought of another point to add

One reason I don't ship Kaladin x Shallan is simply because I don't like romantic conflict or love triangles. I've never enjoyed reading overly-romantic books, especially if the "conflict" is which guy she's gonna choose. I'm perfectly fine with what pairings are most presented in a book or show and don't want to dwell too much on other options. Katara x Aang over Katara x Zuko. Harry x Ginny over Harry x Hermione. I once read a love-triangle manga (Fruits Basket) and was so confused over what to think. So probably the main reason I ship Shallan x Adolin is that it is what was first presented (and it's canon). I don't want romantic drama between Shallan and Kaladin, can we just get back to cool stabby death swords and Kaladin singly-handedly trying to save the world please?

I think Kaladin and Shallan definitely do need supports, but I also think they are incapable of being that for each other. I'm assuming Kaladin will date other people, and that Shallan was not his one and only chance at happiness in romance. I expect Brandon will provide someone else, though not a main character on Shallan's level. (Who could reach the level of the main three? Oh, well.) Their differences in needs are incompatible, at least where we stand at the end of OB. What they need from their supports is the opposite of where they need to go.

On the original question in the op, though, my main ship is Kadolin. Their relationship has one my favourite to watch develop over the three books, and am excited to see that continue.

1 hour ago, Greywatch said:

On the original question in the op, though, my main ship is Kadolin. Their relationship has one my favourite to watch develop over the three books, and am excited to see that continue.

Do you mean Kadolin as in a romance or a bromance? The ship name suggests romance but what you added after suggests a continuation of what Sanderson currently has as their relationship, which I have never viewed as romantic.

1 hour ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

Do you mean Kadolin as in a romance or a bromance? The ship name suggests romance but what you added after suggests a continuation of what Sanderson currently has as their relationship, which I have never viewed as romantic.

Full romantic. Canon doesn't matter; it's shipping.

Just now, Greywatch said:

Full romantic. Canon doesn't matter; it's shipping.

Ok, sorry, it was just confusing as you referred to their relationship in the books.

I've never been a huge fan of Kadolin, but I respect your opinion!!!

Im Shalladin fan but i find the whole shipping community stuff around SA especially toxic and discussions absolutely unfun to participate in. I just go along with what Brandon will write in his books and thats it.

One thing though id say for sure. I never understood why people bring Tarah when it comes to Kaladin romantic life. As much as Shallan and even Adolin have common dynamics and chemistry with Kaladin, Tarah is the opposite of that. They have literally one chapter on screen where Kaladin was younger and then she left. They have no common dynamics, they have nothing beside some past (that we didnt see) to share about.

Its the couple that felt totally dull to me, way duller than even Kaladin-Jasnah. In terms of effect on Kaladin Tarah is basically Shallan minus everything Kaladin and Shallan shared in WoR and OB. The dullest possible outcome for Kaladin.

I hope Tarahdin fans wont hate me for that opinion. I simply dont see enough substance within Tarah to consider her a good final pair for Kaladin in last two books. Its too late for her to be introduced as a serious secondary character and build her relationships with Kaladin, when all we had are books 4 and 5 where Brandon need to focus on main character struggles and culmination.

Edited by Harbour

18 hours ago, Danex said:

I love Shallan x Adolin myself, but if Shallan x Kaladin somehow happens I wouldn’t be sad. I do feel like Kal’s arc is setting him up for a new romance thing. Like if Tarah comes back. Or maybe Azure. Vivenna’s ( how do you spell her naaaame *anguish*) not had any romance that we’ve seen right? I haven’t read warbreaker in forever. Also someone mentioned Katara x Zuko earlier and....... I have opinions

Hide contents

Katara and Zuko totally should have happened, but also Zuko should’ve died when he got hit by azulas lighting in the final fight. They kiss as Zuko dies, everyone cries, zukos redemption arc gets that much better, the final episode has a little more weight because someone dies, and then Katara still ends up with aang. 

Zutara forever...

Of the past Kaladin love interests I like the matured, post-singer occupation, post Roshone death Laral better. Childhood friends who were separated by caste but now reversed. But overall I prefer Vivenna, they actually have a lot in common and could relate to each other.

*I don't know if Roshone has died, I'm just speculating, but he is quite old

Edited by thejopen27

2 hours ago, Karger said:

I am kind of into Jasnah and Taln these days.  Also that pun was terrible.

I am pretty sure you mean awesome.

I understand the Taln/Jasnah.

Spoiler

WoKp was very presuasive on that matter.

But I am too attached to Taln/Ash and aromantic!Jasnah to ship them together.

Edited by The_Truthwatcher

6 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

But I am too attached to Taln/Ash and aromantic!Jasnah to ship them together.

That single Ash Taln scene contained so much emotion and shared history. Reading it the first time it comes across as there being a very strong connection between them and I just assumed they were already romantically linked.

On 7/6/2020 at 11:09 PM, PiedPeterPiper said:

Dang it, I thought you were talking about boats and I got so excited, but also a little confused because I can count on my hands the number of boats specifically mentioned in the books (Skyward doesn't count; that's space and technology) and none go into too much detail on mechanics. Oh, well.

Boats! I'll start a topic to talk about actually water vessel ships in Brandon's books, because we need it.

I think my favorite outcome for Kaladin would be Venli. I know there isnt a lot of basis for this right now, but I would really enjoy a human-singer relationship. They existed in the past and I’m sure they will again in the future. I think Kaladin is being set up to occupy a ruling position, something like highprince maybe, and Venli will probably be one of the heads of the singer resistance. I think there could easily be story arc overlap where the anti Odium singer population begrudgingly enters into diplomatic negotiations and Dalinar sends Kaladin to talk to Venli and her resistance. Out of all the humans Kaladin has had the most interaction, respect and understanding for the singer situation. I think if we see a human-singer relation it would probably be Kaladin + someone, and I wouldnt mind if it was Venli. 

Venli is probably the most interesting female character for Kaladin to interact with and vice versa. They share similar qualities and view on moral side of things. Also, i think, that scientific type of females suits Kaladin better than tomboyish one, and from that standpoint Venli is basically Jasnah/Shallan of the Parshendi. I hope in RoW we will see them meeting and interacting. That would be exciting thing to witness.

2 hours ago, Ciridae said:

I think my favorite outcome for Kaladin would be Venli. I know there isnt a lot of basis for this right now, but I would really enjoy a human-singer relationship. They existed in the past and I’m sure they will again in the future. I think Kaladin is being set up to occupy a ruling position, something like highprince maybe, and Venli will probably be one of the heads of the singer resistance. I think there could easily be story arc overlap where the anti Odium singer population begrudgingly enters into diplomatic negotiations and Dalinar sends Kaladin to talk to Venli and her resistance. Out of all the humans Kaladin has had the most interaction, respect and understanding for the singer situation. I think if we see a human-singer relation it would probably be Kaladin + someone, and I wouldnt mind if it was Venli. 

I agree that a human-singer relationship would be interesting. I feel like one reason people like Kaladin x Shallan is that it defies social norms with a darkeyed-lighteyed relationship and that Shallan ending up with Adolin just reinforces that lightened hierarchy. Kaladin ending up with a singer would provide the "forbidden romance" that fans seem to enjoy without Adolin having to die or divorce Shallan.