The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

"Everyone's through?" confirmed Jaxevist. "Good."

He tapped something into a keypad next to the Gate, and a barrier of green light flickered into existence over the opening. That done, he turned to face the rest of the group. "Now," he declared, "you said you were explorers, yes? Well," he smiled, "this is only the beginning. Not much of one, to be honest- we didn't really have much control over where the Gate opened, so we just had to make do with what we had."

Elaine nodded vigorously in agreement. "Workers and drones tend to like more... modest dwellings," she said.

"If you're lucky," added Jaxevist, "you might get to tour the Hive. They don't usually let outsiders visit, but..." he glanced at Elaine. "She's kind of a big deal here."

Elaine flushed and looked at her feet. "I'm not that important," she mumbled.

Jaxevist snorted. "Don't sell yourself short. You're practically a celebrity."

Edited by xinoehp512

13 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Everyone's through?" confirmed Jaxevist. "Good."

He tapped something into a keypad next to the Gate, and a barrier of green light flickered into existence across the gap. That done, he turned to face the rest of the group. "Now," he declared, "you said you were explorers, yes? Well," he smiled, "this is only the beginning. Not much of one, to be honest- we didn't really have much control over where the Gate opened, so we just had to make do with what we had."

Elaine nodded vigorously in agreement. "Workers and drones tend to like more... modest dwellings," she said.

"If you're lucky," added Jaxevist, "you might get to tour the Hive. They don't usually let outsiders visit, but..." he glanced at Elaine. "She's kind of a big deal here."

Elaine flushed and looked at her feet. "I'm not that important," she mumbled.

Jaxevist snorted. "Don't sell yourself short. You're practically a celebrity."

Fadran continues gawking. "Workers? Drones? Hives? Celebrities? Magical bridges? This place keeps getting better and better!" Fadran playfully elbows Elaine in arm. "If you're a celebrity, then can I get your autograph? I haven't collected anyone's name in awhile."

47 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran continues gawking. "Workers? Drones? Hives? Celebrities? Magical bridges? This place keeps getting better and better!" Fadran playfully elbows Elaine in arm. "If you're a celebrity, then can I get your autograph? I haven't collected anyone's name in awhile."

Q rolled her eyes, appearing unimpressed, but on the inside, she was just as in awe as Fadran. She had never encountered magic before, let alone been surrounded by it. 

"It's pretty nice, I guess." It took all of her willpower to not let her wonder show through as she turned towards Elaine. "Forgive me for not asking for your autograph as well. I'll just make do with the fact that I helped to save your life."

On 7/9/2020 at 8:09 PM, The Awakened Salad said:

“I... I don’t know,” the girl replied. She looked down at her own dirty hands. Did she have healing powers? She looked back to Velles, wincing at the blood, at the way his flesh was torn open in violent slashes. Her legs began to shake. Hurt as he was, he could still be a danger. 

But she had Emi here. If Velles attacked them, Emi could just teleport them away again... hopefully. She looked down at her white shift. Surely she could stand to lose some of it. She bent down and ripped a piece of fabric off. It was harder than it had looked, and her piece came away jagged and uneven. As she did so, one of the white flowers she’d picked earlier fell out of her pocket. Strangely, it seemed undamaged. The petals remained perfectly smooth, and the stalk was unbent, with that same delicate curvature. She briefly considered offering the flower to Velles, but... how would that help, anyway? He’d most likely become confused. 

She took a few small steps towards the man, and offered him her makeshift bandage. 

The girl walked up to Velles, torn cloth in hand. She seemed to be shaking just a little bit. Slowly, Velles reached out and closed his hand around the pieces of fabric. He lifted them gently from her hand, then brought them to the pile of his other bandages created from his coat. “Thank you,” Velles said, smiling at her. “These bandages probably mean the difference between life and death for me.” He began to tie some of the strips around his wounds, pressure tight, to stop the bleeding. Others he used as a rag to wipe away the black ooze from his face and his wounds. Velles didn’t know what it was, but it couldn’t be good for the wounds. While he worked, he talked.

“So... this place. How long have you and your friend been here?”

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

16 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

The girl walked up to Velles, torn cloth in hand. She seemed to be shaking just a little bit. Slowly, Velles reached out and closed his hand around the pieces of fabric. He lifted them gently from her hand, then brought them to the pile of his other bandages created from his coat. “Thank you,” Velles said, smiling at her. “These bandages probably mean the difference between life and death for me.” He began to tie some of the strips around his wounds, pressure tight, to stop the bleeding. Others he used as a rag to wipe away the black ooze from his face and his wounds. Velles didn’t know what it was, but it couldn’t be good for the wounds. While he worked, he talked.

Emi was looking at the stranger who described hiself as Velles. He definately needed help, but he appeared so fast, that Emi couldn't do anything. Then the girl walked up to Velles and gave him bandages.

"I'm Emi." Words have been spoken. Now they couldn't retreat and Emi wasn't sure if she will have enough power to teleport them if Velles attacks.

"We have been here only for a moment. You know where are we?" She anwsered and also asked a question to partly to know and partly to keep injured man awake.

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

1 hour ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

Q rolled her eyes, appearing unimpressed, but on the inside, she was just as in awe as Fadran. She had never encountered magic before, let alone been surrounded by it. 

"It's pretty nice, I guess." It took all of her willpower to not let her wonder show through as she turned towards Elaine. "Forgive me for not asking for your autograph as well. I'll just make do with the fact that I helped to save your life."

"A... what?" asked Elaine, her embarrassment overcome with curiosity. "An auto-graph? What is that?"
Any potential response, however, was interrupted by a loud snort from off to one side, where a familiar white-scaled figure was approaching across a vivid green bridge. "I see you managed to avoid slaughtering them all, Jaxevist," called Santonio in a mocking tone. "Congratulations!"
"No thanks to you," said Jaxevist, pointedly ignoring eye contact. "Tell me, how does it feel to have to beg for help every time you face someone you can't just enthrall to do your bidding?"
Santonio's eyes narrowed. "I imagine it feels better than murdering and enslaving a race that you claim to protect."
Jaxevist looked up at this. His face was composed, but his eyes... they seemed to strain at the black bands that bound them, hidden fury just begging to be released.
"Claim?" he said, and his voice was as still and as cold as a frozen pond. "You sell me short, Glitterboy."
"Do I?" sneered Santonio. "Funny, I didn't see you anywhere when your new friends were slaughtering that who-"
He cut off suddenly with a gurgle as Jaxevist's knife took him in the throat. "Shut up," said the red contemptuously, pulling out another blade and sharpening it.
The green holed that had been trailing Santonio hurriedly stepped up and made a motion with his hand. Green light flashed from where Jaxevist's blade had lodged. With a grunt, the white yanked the dagger out and hurled it to the side.  "You'll pay for that," he rasped. "Aridith-"
"-probably wasn't too happy you interrupted what I was doing to save your huma, was he?" said Jaxevist scornfully.  "Surprised he didn't just let you die, to be honest. I would have."
"Enough," spat Santonio. "I didn't come here to listen to your pathetic insults and threats. This is official business. Aridith wants to talk one of your new friends." He gestured at Vapor. "That girl. She's to come with me, immediately."
2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

To be clear, the barrier that Jaxevist enacted was over the Gate. I've edited the original post to make that more clear.

@Channelknight Fadran

Edited by xinoehp512

29 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:
"A... what?" asked Elaine, her embarrassment overcome with curiosity. "An auto-graph? What is that?"
Any potential response, however, was interrupted by a loud snort from off to one side, where a familiar white-scaled figure was approaching across a vivid green bridge. "I see you managed to avoid slaughtering them all, Jaxevist," called Santonio in a mocking tone. "Congratulations!"
"No thanks to you," said Jaxevist, pointedly ignoring eye contact. "Tell me, how does it feel to have to beg for help every time you face someone you can't just enthrall to do your bidding?"
Santonio's eyes narrowed. "I imagine it feels better than murdering and enslaving a race that you claim to protect."
Jaxevist looked up at this. His face was composed, but his eyes... they seemed to strain at the black bands that bound them, hidden fury just begging to be released.
"Claim?" he said, and his voice was as still and as cold as a frozen pond. "You sell me short, Glitterboy."
"Do I?" sneered Santonio. "Funny, I didn't see you anywhere when your new friends were slaughtering that who-"
He cut off suddenly with a gurgle as Jaxevist's knife took him in the throat. "Shut up," said the red contemptuously, pulling out another blade and sharpening it.
The green holed that had been trailing Santonio hurriedly stepped up and made a motion with his hand. Green light flashed from where Jaxevist's blade had lodged. With a grunt, the white yanked the dagger out and hurled it to the side.  "You'll pay for that," he rasped. "Aridith-"
"-probably wasn't too happy you interrupted what I was doing to save your huma, was he?" said Jaxevist scornfully.  "Surprised he didn't just let you die, to be honest. I would have."
"Enough," spat Santonio. "I didn't come here to listen to your pathetic insults and threats. This is official business. Aridith wants to talk one of your new friends." He gestured at Vapor. "That girl. She's to come with me, immediately."

@Channelknight Fadran

My eyes narrow and my calm is broken when I see Santonio. He is a difficult being to kill indeed. I raise my voice. "Tell me Santonio has that neck of yours healed up? Perhaps not let me help you with that." In a rush I pull all of the heat from his body in one violent jerk. His flesh flash freezes in an instant leaving him frozen solid. I turn to Jexevist. "Why was this  fool given power he clearly does not deserve it."

Edited by Nathrangking

7 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

The girl walked up to Velles, torn cloth in hand. She seemed to be shaking just a little bit. Slowly, Velles reached out and closed his hand around the pieces of fabric. He lifted them gently from her hand, then brought them to the pile of his other bandages created from his coat. “Thank you,” Velles said, smiling at her. “These bandages probably mean the difference between life and death for me.” He began to tie some of the strips around his wounds, pressure tight, to stop the bleeding. Others he used as a rag to wipe away the black ooze from his face and his wounds. Velles didn’t know what it was, but it couldn’t be good for the wounds. While he worked, he talked.

6 hours ago, Emi said:

Emi was looking at the stranger who described hiself as Velles. He definately needed help, but he appeared so fast, that Emi couldn't do anything. Then the girl walked up to Velles and gave him bandages.

"I'm Emi." Words have been spoken. Now they couldn't retreat and Emi wasn't sure if she will have enough power to teleport them if Velles attacks.

"We have been here only for a moment. You know where are we?" She anwsered and also asked a question to partly to know and partly to keep injured man awake.

“You’re welcome,” the girl said to Velles, looking down meekly. “For the bandage.” 

She averted her eyes as he tied the bandages around his wounds. The sight of blood filled her with revulsion. She wrinkled her nose. The dead birds didn’t help, either. 

As Emi introduced herself, a thought began to grow louder in the girl’s mind. What was that, before? A memory, perhaps? Maybe... maybe Emi was right. Maybe her memories would come back if she waited long enough. If that was indeed what that vision was. She tried to reach for it, but only a vague impression remained. Blood and screaming... what could it mean?

“...know where are we?” Emi finished speaking. The girl looked to Velles, wondering if he had answers. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

17 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

My eyes narrow and my calm is broken when I see Santonio. He is a difficult being to kill indeed. I raise my voice. "Tell me Santonio has that neck of yours healed up? Perhaps not let me help you with that." In a rush I pull all of the heat from his body in one violent jerk. His flesh flash freezes in an instant leaving him frozen solid. I turn to Jexevist. "Why was this  fool given power he clearly does not deserve it."

The green holed thrust out both hands in a dramatic fashion. Two bursts of green light shot forth, one at Santonio and one at Nath. The green light freezes the target(s) in place, transfixing them utterly.
"Cease your rumblings, dog," proclaimed the green. He turned to the rest of the group. "Must we repeat ourselves? You, girl," he gestured to Vapor, "come here, ere I decide to enthrall thee."

18 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

@Channelknight Fadran

12 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:
The green holed thrust out both hands in a dramatic fashion. Two bursts of green light shot forth, one at Santonio and one at Nath. The green light freezes the target(s) in place, transfixing them utterly.
"Cease your rumblings, dog," proclaimed the green. He turned to the rest of the group. "Must we repeat ourselves? You, girl," he gestured to Vapor, "come here, ere I decide to enthrall thee."

"Um, how about... no." Fadran says, stepping forwards. He takes to lying to try and save the others' skins. "These are my servants. I bought them off the Outer Realms of the Cyroverse for no small price, so release my servant-deity and allow us to go about our business--" He steps to the green holed, summoning his Channelblade. "Unless you would like this sword through your kidneys."

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Um, how about... no." Fadran says, stepping forwards. He takes to lying to try and save the others' skins. "These are my servants. I bought them off the Outer Realms of the Cyroverse for no small price, so release my servant-deity and allow us to go about our business--" He steps to the green holed, summoning his Channelblade. "Unless you would like this sword through your kidneys."

The green holed looked at him impassively and vanished the segment of the bridge Fadran was standing on, leaving nothing between his feet and the bottom of the chamber besides a few hundred feet of air.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

The green holed looked at him impassively and vanished the segment of the bridge Fadran was standing on, leaving nothing between his feet and the bottom of the chamber besides a few hundred feet of air.

Fadran looks down, frowning. "I don't recommend trying to drop somebody who can control gravity."

He steps off over the segment, then abruptly swings his sword to try and take off the holed's head.

21 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran looks down, frowning. "I don't recommend trying to drop somebody who can control gravity."

He steps off over the segment, then abruptly swings his sword to try and take off the holed's head.

His blade was stopped by a flash of green light, freezing it in place. The holed snorted. "Oh, are we exchanging pointers now? If it be so, perhaps I can match thee." He leaned forwards. "I would advise thee not to antagonize the being which shall soon rule thine land."

Behind him, tendrils of shadow began to stream into Santonio's frozen form.

4 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Oh good grief, are we fighting again?"  Kindness asks.  "What happened to exploring?"

"I'm with Kindness," Queen replied. "Why don't we just try to all be friends and explore this new place?"

In reality, Q was just scared that her newfound friends would all get themselves killed before she got the chance to know them all better.

5 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

"I'm with Kindness," Queen replied. "Why don't we just try to all be friends and explore this new place?"

In reality, Q was just scared that her newfound friends would all get themselves killed before she got the chance to know them all better.

"I'd love to all be friends, but this fella..." Fadran gestures at the green holed, "thinks that he can just freeze Nathrangking and conquer my home planet."

12 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran cocks his head. "Soon rule thine land? Excuse me, is this thirteenth century England? And also... WHAT do you think you're DOING, trying to conquer my home? I'll have you know that the people of my home world don't take lightly to invaders. We literally fought off an army of gods once."

"Well," said the green, "thou art welcome to try again, when we visit. But you shouldst not consider your victory certain."

9 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

"Indeed, you should hearken to thine friend. Conflict will profit you nothing. Dost thou wish to be enthralled?"
Shadow continued to pool into Santonio.
Edited by xinoehp512

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"Well," said the green, "thou art welcome to try again, when we visit. But you shouldst not consider your victory certain."

"Indeed, you should hearken to thine friend. Conflict will profit you nothing. Dost thou wish to be enthralled?"

"Really, though, what is up with the way you talk? No matter how much I wish we were in a Shakespeare play, we're not, so stop talking like we are."

13 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

"Really, though, what is up with the way you talk? No matter how much I wish we were in a Shakespeare play, we're not, so stop talking like we are."

"That's just how greens talk," said Jaxevist. He sounded... resigned. "Every color of holed has their quirks. Trust me, it could be a lot worse."

10 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran seethes as he looks at the green holed, but with a few deep breaths he manages to compose himself.

"Just let my friends go," Fadran says, "and we'll be on our way."

@xinoehp512

"I hold none of thee captive save one," rebutted the green. "Thine transfixed friend assaulted an imperial servant in the execution of his duty. He will face trial for his crimes." He flicked his gaze to Vapor. "As for the King's request... I can assure thee that thine friend's freedom shall not be compromised. You are, after all, honored guests."

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"I hold none of thee captive save one," rebutted the green. "Thine transfixed friend assaulted an imperial servant in the execution of his duty. He will face trial for his crimes." He flicked his gaze to Vapor. "As for the King's request... I can assure you that your friend's freedom shall not be compromised. You are, after all, honored guests."

"If you're taking her, then you're taking me, too."

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"If you're taking her, then you're taking me, too."

Santonio suddenly took a deep breath, his eyes flashing open. Green light flashed as the transfixing released.

The green holed said nothing, looking to the white for guidance.

"Fine," spat Santonio in a clear and rasp-free voice. "You can come too, if you want."