The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

14 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:
A purple gemstone wrapped in a note. The note reads: Greetings, fellow traveler. I and my compatriots wish to converse with you. We believe that our interests may align, and that our efforts will be ameliorated by our collaboration.
To be specific, we believe we could avert the impending conquest of your homeland.
Keep this gemstone on you at all times. It will protect you from enthrallment and keep your secrets safe from blue holed.
If you wish to converse, tap this gemstone three times.

Fadran takes the item out of his pocket, frowning in thought as he examines it.

Interesting. Icona says.

Fadran taps the gemstone three times, and simply says, new gemstone, who dis?

16 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

@Emi @Truthless of Shinovar

A splitting pain shot up through her skull. The girl paused mid-step, clutching her at her head, her breath coming in quickly, pulse roaring in her ears. The nausea came again, stronger, stronger than any time before. The world spun and spun until it went too fast and then there was nothing left but darkness.

What a way to end! We will miss you, salad!

1 hour ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"I think so."  Kindness nods firmly.  "Yes."

Aight, time to godmod.

Fadran examines the name written on the paper, then Forges a Spirit Bond.

"Hmm... interesting." Fadran says, feeling around the Spirit. "I've never encountered something quite like it. I suppose that's because I've never investigated a spren's Spirit."

He searched it, but didn't find much. It was... lacking. Small.

"You have a Spirit that hasn't been fully developed yet. Your time in the Physical Realm hasn't given you enough experiences to make the same size Spirit as the other's I've investigated."

As he continues searching, he finds... emptyness. A plain that was once filled but isn't any longer.

"It isn't... small, exactly. You've just left a part of yourself behind. Like all spren, entering the physical realm cost you your sentience. Half of your Spirit is in the Cognitive realm, and the other half is what you've experienced here in the Physical realm. In fact... I bet that if we ever traveled to Shadesmar, we could find that missing piece."

Fadran began exploring the emptyness, and there was a lot of it. A lot of missing pieces that they could find.

"And I'm not sure, but... if we could somehow combine both halves, your Spirit would be larger than most." Fadran nods to himself. "Larger than most by a significant margin, probably."

Fadran pockets Kindness's name. "So after we're done all this... you want to try finding that missing half? We'd be running into otherworldly threats all the time, of course, but at least in Shadesmar, we'd know how to deal with them."

How many new discoveries are there to be made about Spiritcalling? Fadran wonders to himself. Fixing broken minds, finding missing pieces... there's so much I don't know.

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Interesting. Icona says.

"Hmm... interesting." Fadran says, feeling around the Spirit. "I've never encountered something quite like it. I suppose that's because I've never investigated a spren's Spirit."

"You have a Spirit that hasn't been fully developed yet. Your time in the Physical Realm hasn't given you enough experiences to make the same size Spirit as the other's I've investigated."

As he continues searching, he finds... emptyness. A plain that was once filled but isn't any longer.

"It isn't... small, exactly. You've just left a part of yourself behind. Like all spren, entering the physical realm cost you your sentience. Half of your Spirit is in the Cognitive realm, and the other half is what you've experienced here in the Physical realm. In fact... I bet that if we ever traveled to Shadesmar, we could find that missing piece."

Fadran began exploring the emptyness, and there was a lot of it. A lot of missing pieces that they could find.

"And I'm not sure, but... if we could somehow combine both halves, your Spirit would be larger than most." Fadran nods to himself. "Larger than most by a significant margin, probably."

Fadran pockets Kindness's name. "So after we're done all this... you want to try finding that missing half? We'd be running into otherworldly threats all the time, of course, but at least in Shadesmar, we'd know how to deal with them."

How many new discoveries are there to be made about Spiritcalling? Fadran wonders to himself. Fixing broken minds, finding missing pieces... there's so much I don't know.

Baalhan keeps all emotion hidden as they walk toward the so called king of this realm. Once they have stopped and Santonio exits he turns and walks up to Fadran. "Whatever is about to happen will not end well. I can feel the coming of battle. It washes over me as the ocean waves. Stay close to the others. It may be necessary for me to hold the enemy back. If it comes to that you must rally them and escape."

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Baalhan keeps all emotion hidden as they walk toward the so called king of this realm. Once they have stopped and Santonio exits he turns and walks up to Fadran. "Whatever is about to happen will not end well. I can feel the coming of battle. It washes over me as the ocean waves. Stay close to the others. It may be necessary for me to hold the enemy back. If it comes to that you must rally them and escape."

Fadran nods. "It wouldn't be like our group for this next meeting to not result in a battle. And as much as I would hate to leave you behind..." Fadran takes a deep breath. "I guess I've... kind of become the leader, at this point. I'll do it."

19 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Interesting. Icona says.

"I didn't realize how much was gone," Kindness whispers.  "I remember my sister, and I remember waking up in the Physical Realm.  There was only one thing in my mind then; help others.  Before that, almost nothing."  She blinks back intangible tears.  "If you want to help me find that other part, I would gladly welcome your help."

7 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"I didn't realize how much was gone," Kindness whispers.  "I remember my sister, and I remember waking up in the Physical Realm.  There was only one thing in my mind then; help others.  Before that, almost nothing."  She blinks back intangible tears.  "If you want to help me find that other part, I would gladly welcome your help."

Fadran gives Kindness a sad smile. "Do you want a hug?"

11 minutes ago, McWafy said:

*messes around*

Well, hey! Guess who decided to show up! Welcome to the Originally-non-story-but-now-it-became-an-epic-adventure thread!:lol: 

The gemstone flashes- once, twice, thrice - and suddenly, Fadran is somewhere else. A bland, cubical room with empty white walls. In front of him stand three holed- one yellow, one purple, and one blue.
The blue steps forward. Strangely, his eyes are closed. "Greetings, Fadran," he says. "I see you have accepted our offer to converse."

He's not actually anywhere else, by the way- it's just a mental illusion.

@Channelknight Fadran

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

The gemstone flashes- once, twice, thrice - and suddenly, Fadran is somewhere else. A bland, cubical room with empty white walls. In front of him stand three holed- one yellow, one purple, and one blue.
The blue steps forward. Strangely, his eyes are closed. "Greetings, Fadran," he says. "I see you have accepted our offer to converse."

@Channelknight Fadran

I'm going to assume that all this happened before I started Spiritcalling with Kindness, so as to make things make sense.

"Accepting offers is one of my favorite things to do," Fadran replies, "I'm a merchant. I hear you have some interests that align with my own?"

36 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Accepting offers is one of my favorite things to do," Fadran replies, "I'm a merchant. I hear you have some interests that align with my own?"

"Indeed," said the blue. "You have been acquainted with our friend Jaxevist, correct?"

3 hours ago, Vapor said:

Vapor, who has been nervously following Santonio, looks at a holed standing next to her. "Do you know what's happening?"

"He's going to wait for the King, I presume,"  said Jaxevist. "When he gets back, we'll take you to him. Then we'll finally see what he wants you for."

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Indeed I have. Is he part of your little..." he gropes at the air for the right word, "organization?"

The yellow sighed. "He was," she admitted, "before Aridith captured and enslaved him."

"That's part of why we wanted to talk to you," added the blue. "It is in our interests to ensure his liberation. And it's in your interests as well."

@Channelknight Fadran

Edited by xinoehp512

10 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

@Emi @Truthless of Shinovar

A splitting pain shot up through her skull. The girl paused mid-step, clutching her at her head, her breath coming in quickly, pulse roaring in her ears. The nausea came again, stronger, stronger than any time before. The world spun and spun until it went too fast and then there was nothing left but darkness.

Byyyyeeeee!

I’m soon leaving for a while too, as vacations call me :P

Edited by Emi

16 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"He's going to wait for the King, I presume,"  said Jaxevist. "When he gets back, we'll take you to him. Then we'll finally see what he wants you for."

The yellow sighed. "He was," she admitted, "before Aridith captured and enslaved him."

"That's part of why we wanted to talk to you," added the blue. "It is in our interests to ensure his liberation. And it's in your interests as well."

@Channelknight Fadran

"So... you want me to break the king's hold on him so he doesn't conquer my planet?" Fadran nods. "Seems straightforward enough."

42 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"So... you want me to break the king's hold on him so he doesn't conquer my planet?" Fadran nods. "Seems straightforward enough."

"You comprehend quickly," said the blue with satisfaction. "However, the execution will potentially be of greater complexity than you envision. You see, the method by which we intended to liberate our captive colleague is the usage of an item similar in composition to the one you now hold," he gestured the the purple gemstone, "but of greater power. Said item (and the means of crafting it) rest solely in the possession of a scientist under King Aridith's employ. Fortunately, he has yet to relinquish the item- apparently he intends to use it as leverage to further his own personal goals. However, that may not be the case for long."

"We think you have something that he wants," interjected the yellow. "Badly. Perhaps badly enough to give up his fancy purple Heart for it."

"And we know that Aridith won't hesitate to take it from you if he can," finished the blue.

@Channelknight Fadran

13 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You comprehend quickly," said the blue with satisfaction. "However, the execution will potentially be of greater complexity than you envision. You see, the method by which we intended to liberate our captive colleague is the usage of an item similar in composition to the one you now hold," he gestured the the purple gemstone, "but of greater power. Said item (and the means of crafting it) rest solely in the possession of a scientist under King Aridith's employ. Fortunately, he has yet to relinquish the item- apparently he intends to use it as leverage to further his own personal goals. However, that may not be the case for long."

"We think you have something that he wants," interjected the yellow. "Badly. Perhaps badly enough to give up his fancy purple Heart for it."

"And we know that Aridith won't hesitate to take it from you if he can," finished the blue.

@Channelknight Fadran

"What is it that this scientist wants?" Fadran asks. "Money? Power? My Channelblade? Icona?"

You'd better not give me up for some gemstone. Icona growled.

41 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What is it that this scientist wants?" Fadran asks. "Money? Power? My Channelblade? Icona?"

You'd better not give me up for some gemstone. Icona growled.

The yellow sighed.

"We don't know," admitted the blue. "His mind is warded from my knowledge."

"Impressions," said the purple. Her voice was lilting, almost singsongy. "Faint connections... that's how we knew the treasure lay with you."

15 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The yellow sighed.

"We don't know," admitted the blue. "His mind is warded from my knowledge."

"Impressions," said the purple. Her voice was lilting, almost singsongy. "Faint connections... that's how we knew the treasure lay with you."

"Impressions." Fadran says. "I hate impressions. Unless it's in Spiritcalling; when it's in Spiritcalling, I love impressions." He thinks for a moment. "So... I say hello to this scientist guy, and throw dice on whatever it is I have to give him?" He nods. "Seems about right."