The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

42 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

As the party walks into the royal hall, a door bangs open to the side and a blue holed rushes out, holding a tray covered in food. "Out of the way, the king has ordered snacks!"

Aren't you going to ask what blue holed can do? :P. You can't exactly portray one if you have no idea how the magic system works.

@Negative_Null

Steadily and surely, the group made its way across the magical bridge. The orange holed in front walked a pace so quick that one almost had to run to keep up with her. And given that there were no railings between the group and the hundred-foot-plus drop to the bottom of the chamber, running wasn't exactly a desirable option.

Despite the danger, there were no mishaps on the journey.
1 minute ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Hey, Fadran," Kindness asks.  "Do we have anti-killing plans?  Because the king does that sometimes, apparently, and I don't want any of us to die?"

"Don't worry," said Elaine. "You're honored guests- he can't kill you." Her voice, however, was less confident.

7 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Hey, Fadran," Kindness asks.  "Do we have anti-killing plans?  Because the king does that sometimes, apparently, and I don't want any of us to die?"

Fadran shares a glance with Baahlan. "We do. It's an old tactic of mine that I like to call 'run away and scream loudly.'"

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Don't worry," said Elaine. "You're honored guests- he can't kill you." Her voice, however, was less confident.

"Whether or not we're honored guests doesn't affect whether he can kill us." Fadran flexes his muscles--which aren't that large, but whatever. "We're the... adventure gang! Adventure Gang, in capitals? Y'all, we need a name."

2 minutes ago, Enter a username said:

Why is "holed" always spelled in italics?

Because WORLDBUILDING. And also saying holed without italics doesn't have the same--*splays fingers*--to it.

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Just now, Negative_Null said:

I... didn't think about that. Magic must have been one of the things I missed on my skimming. I heard something about mind control and that was it

Do you want to change it to be a Hyxali male? They don't have any special powers besides a little bit of extra strength and lightness. And it probably makes more sense given the context.

@Negative_Null

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I got it!" Fadran does the eureka clap (yes, again). "The Fellowship of the Thing: The Bored Squad. Just the Fellowship of the Thing for short. Thoughts?" 

"What's our Thing, though?"  Kindness zips off Fadran's shoulder to walk backwards in front of his face.

"The Fellowship of the Thing: A Mishmash of Loosely Related Entities?" Fadran asks. "Still the Fellowship of the Thing for short?"

"What's our Thing, though?"  Kindness zips off Fadran's shoulder to walk backwards in front of his face.

Fadran shrugs. "Getting attacked by literally anything imaginable?"

Edited by Channelknight Fadran