The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

How can I protect Yami like this!?? The angel internally screamed, wracking his mind for--something. Anything... His word. The word that stilleth the heavens above, that shaketh the earth below, that makes god look again before continuing back to his divine work. Anu. He could kill them all, and save her.

Winter, using all of his will, every ounce of strength in his body lifted his wings; the sun reflected from them. He lifted his blood-caked hands; the moon reflected from them. He breathed in the air, and it filled his lungs. He soaked in reality, his feeling, his senses.

And he began to speak--

But no words came out.

He looked down at himself, in surprise-- a light, thin dueling blade was sticking through his heart. Mordred holding the blade, Korin rocking back on his heels, staring at his hands, standing slightly behind her.

"You.. fool..." He choked, weakly placing his once-powerful hands on the blade. "When I leave this world, your soul leaves too. You're just a spirit, thrown out of my mind.." He managed to say.

"I never had anything in this world." The Knight of Treachery said, grinning at the fun of the moment, yet gritting her teeth and holding back tears that wanted to spring up. "And I realize that I don't have anything back home either. If I can save one person in my life, it was worth it."

Korin stepped forward, placing a hand on the angel's shoulders as he and Mordred started to fade.

"It was good knowing you, K'aurak'tii. You showed me things I never thought were possible. Now, I will go see my sister once more."

He gave a thin smile to both Mordred and the Angel, and those around him.

Then all three were gone. A thin dueling sword clattered to the stone.

---

A man seemed to stroll toward the Fox, appearing out of nothingness in her mind; he was young, perhaps nineteen, with brown, unkempt hair. He was tall, his eyes the deepest blue. He wore a red coat, a black scarf, black breeches and leather boots.

"Hello, Fox. Take care of Yami for me, would you?" He asked, stepping towards her and smiling, placing a hand on her shoulder--at his touch, the emotions stolen from her seemed to flow back in; the same, but from a different angle, so to speak;

her memories filled with a sense of peace, peace at the knowledge that life should be lived, that one only needs to live, not survive, but live to find that peace.

"I know Yami's not real," He continued. "But she is if you believe it."

He winked at her as he turned around. Then he began strolling again; strolling down a cobbled street that seemed to materialize around him, strolling under the light of a streetlamp on a rainy night, pulling an umbrella from his belt and singing a light tune as he strolled, as the rain pattered around him; strolling as he, the street, and the streetlamp began to disappear. A pair of silver wings seemed to shimmer on his back for a moment as he walked further away, disappearing into the night. The street faded, but a light echo remained.
When the grey clouds come
and the north wind blows
There's a man of the winter
with his eyes like a rose

They say he's an angel
But nobody knows
For life he can't travel;
The white death that blows

Peace out

Edited by KyL

14 minutes ago, KyL said:

How can I protect Yami like this!?? The angel internally screamed, wracking his mind for--something. Anything... His word. The word that stilleth the heavens above, that shaketh the earth below, that makes god look again before continuing back to his divine work. Anu. He could kill them all, and save her.

Winter, using all of his will, every ounce of strength in his body lifted his wings; the sun reflected from them. He lifted his blood-caked hands; the moon reflected from them. He breathed in the air, and it filled his lungs. He soaked in reality, his feeling, his senses.

And he began to speak--

But no words came out.

He looked down at himself, in surprise-- a light, thin dueling blade was sticking through his heart. Mordred holding the blade, Korin rocking back on his heels, staring at his hands, standing slightly behind her.

"You.. fool..." He choked, weakly placing his once-powerful hands on the blade. "When I leave this world, your soul leaves too. You're just a spirit, thrown out of my mind.." He managed to say.

"I never had anything in this world." The Knight of Treachery said, grinning at the fun of the moment, yet gritting her teeth and holding back tears that wanted to spring up. "And I realize that I don't have anything back home either. If I can save one person in my life, it was worth it."

Korin stepped forward, placing a hand on the angel's shoulders as he and Mordred started to fade.

"It was good knowing you, K'aurak'tii. You showed me things I never thought were possible. Now, I will go see my sister once more."

---

A man seemed to stroll toward the Fox, appearing out of nothingness in her mind; he was young, perhaps nineteen, with brown, unkempt hair. He was tall, his eyes the deepest blue. He wore a red coat, a black scarf, black breeches and leather boots.

"Hello, Fox. Take care of Yami for me, would you?" He asked, stepping towards her and smiling, placing a hand on her shoulder--at his touch, the emotions stolen from her seemed to flow back in; the same, but from a different angle, so to speak;

her memories filled with a sense of peace, peace at the knowledge that life should be lived, that one only needs to live, not survive, but live to find that peace.

He winked at her as he turned around. Then he began strolling again; strolling down a cobbled street that seemed to materialize around him, strolling under the light of a streetlamp on a rainy night, pulling an umbrella from his belt and singing a light tune as he strolled, as the rain pattered around him; strolling as he, the street, and the streetlamp began to disappear. A pair of silver wings seemed to shimmer on his back for a moment as he walked further away, disappearing into the night. The street faded, but a light echo remained.
and the north wind blows

They say he's an angel
But nobody knows

HOLY--have my rep! Have my soul and happiness! I am unworthy, that was beautiful!!

15 minutes ago, KyL said:

Peace out

Oi... no leaving. We have a contract.

2 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

Queen glanced toward him worriedly, but couldn't focus on him. She brought Fox's motionless body to Nath's side, then, noticing that he was unconscious, gave him some herbs for the pain, then one to wake him up from his blackout. 

@Nathrangking

23 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"Yes, as soon as Nath wakes up and helps us help Fox."

@Nathrangking

20 minutes ago, KyL said:

And he began to speak--

But no words came out.

---

and the north wind blows

They say he's an angel
But nobody knows

Well that happened.

I jerk awake. Sweat pours down my face. My soul feels as though it is being flayed by flaming combs. Frigid spears pierce me full of holes and allow all intelligent thought  to flow free. A silent scream struggles to escape, but even that cannot form. Steel would be a welcome escape from the plagues which are ripping away my very being. Then there is nothing. Something changes. I can feel the vaguest impression of healing. Agony of a physical kind shoves the emotional pain the slightest measurement and yet it moves ten thousands leagues. Life reignites the cold spark in my eyes. My spirit is still lead, but my heart is no longer stone. Concern floods me and threatens to drown me. All of the strength flees my body. I see Queen and my heart turns to Fox. She gives me will. I am alight with love borrowed and fledgling. "Queen, where is Fox? Is she alright?" My voice lacks power, but it contains all that I have.

3 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I jerk awake. Sweat pours down my face. My soul feels as though it is being flayed by flaming combs. Frigid spears pierce me full of holes and allow all intelligent thought  to flow free. A silent scream struggles to escape, but even that cannot form. Steel would be a welcome escape from the plagues which are ripping away my very being. Then there is nothing. Something changes. I can feel the vaguest impression of healing. Agony of a physical kind shoves the emotional pain the slightest measurement and yet it moves ten thousands leagues. Life reignites the cold spark in my eyes. My spirit is still lead, but my heart is no longer stone. Concern floods me and threatens to drown me. All of the strength flees my body. I see Queen and my heart turns to Fox. She gives me will. I am alight with love borrowed and fledgling. "Queen, where is Fox? Is she alright?" My voice lacks power, but it contains all that I have.

"Nath!" Fadran says. "Nath, Fox is right here."

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

"She's right here. I'm...not sure what happened. She was completely still, but now she's looking better."

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I don't know. Nothing bad happened while we were gone, right?"

Queen gives Fadran a look of shock. "You were unconscious! I wish I recovered that fast when I use my powers a lot at once!"

27 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Queen gives Fadran a look of shock. "You were unconscious! I wish I recovered that fast when I use my powers a lot at once!"

"The laws of Deus Ex Machina decided that my dialogue was important for the story beats. However, my author has to go to sleep now, so I'm going to go pass out again. Pretend like I never said anything and I was unconscious the entire time, mmkay?"

23 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"The laws of Deus Ex Machina decided that my dialogue was important for the story beats. However, my author has to go to sleep now, so I'm going to go pass out again. Pretend like I never said anything and I was unconscious the entire time, mmkay?"

Queen looks extremely confused, but nods. "I have no clue what any of that means, but okay. Consider it forgotten."

3 hours ago, KyL said:

And he began to speak--

But no words came out.

---

and the north wind blows

They say he's an angel
But nobody knows

Megamind What GIF - Megamind What Why - Discover & Share GIFs

Making use of all my megamind gifs today.

Fox could vaguely feel someone picking her up, but just barely. It hurt. Everything hurt. Nothing happened for a while.

Then, someone appeared to her in her mind. More tangibly than Queen had. She was so surprised at the young man that she didn't say anything as he strolled up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. The second he touched her, she could feel all the emotion re-immersing itself back into her. She yelped at first, but realized that it was different this time. The emotion was still overwhelming, but she no longer hated feeling it. It was as if she had resigned herself to feel these things. Fox released a sigh of contentment and relief as her physical burden was slightly lifted. It was better now. Things... were better now.

As the man walked away, Fox caught a glimpse of his silvery wings. As she felt herself being returned to reality, Fox whispered, "He really is my angel, isn't he..."

Fox's eyes slowly came into focus. There was a woman standing over her. It was Queen. Fox tried to speak. "Nath", she barely managed to get out in a hoarse whisper.

@DramaQueen

Edited by Scarletfox

3 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox could vaguely feel someone picking her up, but just barely. It hurt. Everything hurt. Nothing happened for a while.

Then, someone appeared to her in her mind. More tangibly than Queen had. She was so surprised at the young man that she didn't say anything as he strolled up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. The second he touched her, she could feel all the emotion re-immersing itself back into her. She yelped at first, but realized that it was different this time. The emotion was still overwhelming, but she no longer hated feeling it. It was as if she had resigned herself to feel these things. Fox released a sigh of contentment and relief as her physical burden was slightly lifted. It was better now. Things... were better now.

As the man walked away, Fox caught a glimpse of his silvery wings. As she felt herself being returned to reality, Fox whispered, "He really is my angel, isn't he..."

Fox's eyes slowly came into focus. There was a woman standing over her. It was Queen. Fox tried to speak. "Nath", she barely managed to get out in a hoarse whisper.

@DramaQueen

"He's here. He just woke up, too." Queen helped Fox sit by Nath. "I'll leave you two to talk." She began walking away, pausing at Fadran's motionless body. She checked his vitals, then, after determining that he'd be fine, attempted to move him away from Fox and Nath. If he woke up, she didn't want him interrupting their conversation. However, she wasn't very strong, so she ended up dragging him by the wrists. Luckily, the ground wasn't too rocky.

6 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"He's here. He just woke up, too." Queen helped Fox sit by Nath. "I'll leave you two to talk." She began walking away, pausing at Fadran's motionless body. She checked his vitals, then, after determining that he'd be fine, attempted to move him away from Fox and Nath. If he woke up, she didn't want him interrupting their conversation. However, she wasn't very strong, so she ended up dragging him by the wrists. Luckily, the ground wasn't too rocky.

As Fox saw Nath, tears welled at her eyes. They were tears of joy at seeing Nath once more, but also tears of betrayal. Fox struggled to move closer to Nath. She failed. "Where..... were...... you" she managed to wheeze. "You said.... you'd always, *cough cough* come...." she meant to say come for me, but unfortunately she had to cut it off to take a labored breath.

@Nathrangking

8 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran took a breath, then delved into his mind. He connected his physical self to the Mindscapes, Bonding his spirit to Nathrangking. He couldn't quite describe the process that followed--though, granted, a lot of things he did couldn't be described--but somehow to traversed thousands of Universes and realities in a fraction of a second. In a blink of an eye, they were back, standing right by Nathrangking.

"Hey... I think it worked." Fadran said, then promptly fell over and passed out.

OK I'm coming, everyone.

7 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

Queen glanced toward him worriedly, but couldn't focus on him. She brought Fox's motionless body to Nath's side, then, noticing that he was unconscious, gave him some herbs for the pain, then one to wake him up from his blackout. 

@Nathrangking

Hey! That blackout was on purpose!

1 hour ago, Scarletfox said:

As Fox saw Nath, tears welled at her eyes. They were tears of joy at seeing Nath once more, but also tears of betrayal. Fox struggled to move closer to Nath. She failed. "Where..... were...... you" she managed to wheeze. "You said.... you'd always, *cough cough* come...." she meant to say come for me, but unfortunately she had to cut it off to take a labored breath.

@Nathrangking

Herial rushed over. "No moving. Please don't move Fadran anymore, I need to be able to work on all three. Nath, don't breathe too much, you hurt yourself more with all the flailing, but I think I caught you before you did too much. Jek, thanks, but you're done. Fox, I don't know if you remember me or not, but I need to check on you, so you need to trust me." Thus saying(I know), she went over to Fadran and checked his head, his eyes, and his alignment. "He'll wake up soon, he's just overloaded. Don't bend his neck too much, he needs to be able to breathe." She walked back over to Fox and Nath and put her hands on her hips. "I've done as much as I can for Nath for now, are you ready to let me poke around now, Fox?"

She is takin' no nonsense. Just so you know, she cares deeply about taking care of people who need it, so if you refuse, she'll knock you out or pin you down or something. As long as you're getting better, she reasons that the end justifies the means.

@Scarletfox

8 hours ago, Condensation said:

Herial rushed over. "No moving. Please don't move Fadran anymore, I need to be able to work on all three. Nath, don't breathe too much, you hurt yourself more with all the flailing, but I think I caught you before you did too much. Jek, thanks, but you're done. Fox, I don't know if you remember me or not, but I need to check on you, so you need to trust me." Thus saying(I know), she went over to Fadran and checked his head, his eyes, and his alignment. "He'll wake up soon, he's just overloaded. Don't bend his neck too much, he needs to be able to breathe." She walked back over to Fox and Nath and put her hands on her hips. "I've done as much as I can for Nath for now, are you ready to let me poke around now, Fox?"

@Scarletfox

Queen gives Herial a hostile look. "You do realize that I actually have medical training as well? And mine is real, not just a stamp that helps me pretend I know what I'm doing. I had already checked Fadran, I knew he would be fine. I will admit that it probably wasn't the best idea to drag him, but we've all been through a lot while you've just been staying here. You can help Fox, but make it quick. She and Nath need to talk. I've got Fadran, so go away." Queen began to turn away, back toward Fadran, but then looks back at Herial. "Just so you know, the only reason I'm letting you work on Fox is because my skills can't even identify what's going on without me breaking into her mind, and I'm not about to intrude when she won't let me." The tone of Queen's voice suggested that she believed Herial was incapable of respecting Fox's boundaries. "Otherwise, I'd take care of her myself. Your powers may be fake, but I won't turn away an asset to the team."

I'm really sorry for how rude this was!!! I just thought it would be a cool development for Queen to be jealous of Herial's healing abilities, since that's one of the only things she can do well.

9 hours ago, Condensation said:

@Scarletfox

38 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Queen gives Herial a hostile look. "You do realize that I actually have medical training as well? And mine is real, not just a stamp that helps me pretend I know what I'm doing. I had already checked Fadran, I knew he would be fine. I will admit that it probably wasn't the best idea to drag him, but we've all been through a lot while you've just been staying here. You can help Fox, but make it quick. She and Nath need to talk. I've got Fadran, so go away." Queen began to turn away, back toward Fadran, but then looks back at Herial. "Just so you know, the only reason I'm letting you work on Fox is because my skills can't even identify what's going on without me breaking into her mind, and I'm not about to intrude when she won't let me." The tone of Queen's voice suggested that she believed Herial was incapable of respecting Fox's boundaries. "Otherwise, I'd take care of her myself. Your powers may be fake, but I won't turn away an asset to the team."

Well that took a turn.

10 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

@Nathrangking

9 hours ago, Condensation said:

@Scarletfox

Did Herial or Queen treat the bleeding gash that Winter made to Nath's arm when he took Fox?

I hear Queens words floating around me as she responds to my words and someone else. Foxes whispered words slam into me. They leave me empty. Breathing even the slowest of breaths brings bone shattering agony, but Fox's words they leave me empty. The truth leeches from me all sense of self. It reduces me to a speck of dust upon a speck of dust. So much pain fills her and I know that I'm partially to blame. I keep my body still, but inside I tremble as the earth before a wrathful deity. How I wish that I could embrace her and tell her that all would be well. How I yearn to tell  her that she would never be hurt again. How I long for her to know that had I been able I would have died before I allowed her to be hurt again. I can't do any of those things. I am a liar and a fraud. All that I promised her gave her hope which was then torn away. My light has dimmed as even when my love died it had not. There is something deeper which rattles my soul down to the very foundation upon which it is built. Although I am drowning in darkness I cannot let her be alone. I cannot allow this to consume her as it is me. If she hates me until her last day at least she will not be consumed by her pain. I allow my mind and spirit to become a whisper, a shadow really. Slowly and carefully it traverses the bond that connects myself and Fox. I stand on the outskirts not daring to move forward. My voice carries all that I am with it. "I failed you Fox as I knew that I would." My mental avatar falls to his knees head down and glow barely a glimmer.

@DramaQueen

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

I hear Queen's words floating around me as she responds to my words and someone else. Fox's whispered words slam into me. They leave me empty. Breathing even the slowest of breaths brings bone shattering agony, but Fox's words, they leave me empty. The truth leeches from me all sense of self. It reduces me to a speck of dust upon a speck of dust. So much pain fills her and I know that I'm partially to blame. I keep my body still, but inside I tremble as the earth before a wrathful deity. How I wish that I could embrace her and tell her that all would be well. How I yearn to tell  her that she would never be hurt again. How I long for her to know that had I been able I would have died before I allowed her to be hurt again. I can't do any of those things. I am a liar and a fraud. All that I promised her gave her hope which was then torn away. My light has dimmed as even when my love died it had not. There is something deeper which rattles my soul down to the very foundation upon which it is built. Although I am drowning in darkness I cannot let her be alone. I cannot allow this to consume her as it is me. If she hates me until her last day, at least she will not be consumed by her pain. I allow my mind and spirit to become a whisper, a shadow really. Slowly and carefully, it traverses the bond that connects myself and Fox. I stand on the outskirts, not daring to move forward. My voice carries all that I am with it. "I failed you, Fox; as I knew that I would." My mental avatar falls to his knees, head down and glow barely a glimmer.

@DramaQueen

I don't think so. I didn't, at least.

Queen, whose back was turned to Nath, keeping an eye on Fadran, whirled around as she felt...something. A disturbance in the emotions she had shared with Nath, and therefore, a disturbance in herself. Nath's position and appearance hadn't changed, yet there was something off about him. She rushed over, shoving Herial aside as she ran, then grasped Nath's hand, entering his mind. She could see where his thoughts met Fox's and on the edge, right by the barrier, knelt the personification of Nath's mind. Queen hadn't seen it the first time she visited Nath's thoughts, yet she could tell that there should be more than the faint glow around his form, still fading slowly. Careful not to cross the barrier into Fox's mind, Queen mentally traveled to the figure's side. Disappointment, pain, grief, sorrow, and...emptiness. Those were the sensations Queen could feel emanating from Nath, bleeding out as surely as the glow, almost as if they were what caused the glow. Queen reached out a hand, placing it on his shoulder. She was now able to better sense the fine details of what he felt. Darkness. Love. Blame. Self-hatred. He felt guilty, unable to do anything to make up for his mistakes. This was nearly all that was left of Nath, and it was fading fast. Queen quickly retreated, worry tying her forehead into knots. "He gave himself up. I don't know how he did it, and I don't know how to fix it."

Is he dying? Is there anything that Queen could do to bring him back? Anything anyone can do?

18 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Uh, Xino, did Brian and Jeffrey leave Prime's realm or are they still awkwardly standing there? :P 

Brian leaves through the shadows, and Jeffery would probably be waiting for Vale to take him back.

18 hours ago, Vapor said:

Vapor dismisses her shardblade and shakes his hand. "Neither was I, before this."

"Perhaps you could enlighten me?" said James. "I have found myself in this world somewhat unexpectedly, you see..."

@Vapor