Mid-Range Game 42: The Auction of Lord Winsting

28 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

Who are you talking about when you say ‘Shard’? Is it Reading, or Experience because I was suspicious of both and they have been on my guess elim team for 4-5 cycles at this point. 

Shard of reading. You did state suspicion of them earlier and yet when their lynch came up, you voted in Xino, who is almost certainly village at this point.

28 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

I think it’s worth pointing out how you haven't voted on any of the main suspects or Bleeder for quite some time. I can almost see where Emi is coming from but I still believe you to be village.

I've voted on every elim killed so far, so I'm really uncertain where this is coming from. Can you explain? edit: and that's even ignoring the fact that I've been the first one to push for the lynch of silberfarben ( a key part to the elim's bleeder strategy). 

However, I had missed your claim. I do hope to see you actually put it in action sometime soon though (so to the person keeping them roleblocked, please stop for a cyle). For now, I'm dropping my vote off of Matrim, and moving it to megasif. That means the vote tally is, if I'm not mistaken:

Vote tally

Megasif (3):experience, bugsy, DeTess

Bugsy(2): emi, Sart

Which means that once again the best manipulation the elims can hope for (barring zillah coming back) is a tie.

Edited by DeTess

Because I was roleblocked last cycle I should be able to use my action this cycle, but because of the tightness of the lynch I might not. If Zillah doesn't come back be tonight, we'll see.

35 minutes ago, DeTess said:

I've voted on every elim killed so far, so I'm really uncertain where this is coming from. Can you explain? edit: and that's even ignoring the fact that I've been the first one to push for the lynch of silberfarben ( a key part to the elim's bleeder strategy). 

This was because I was on mobile, didn't have access to my notes, and just remember thinking that once. It came mostly from your initial votes, which because I didn't think Silber was an elim I thought you were wrong. Also it might be from you voting Coda C4, but that was a long time ago, so mostly just my mistake.

I voted Xino when Reading was up for lynch because I believed Xino to be Bleeder.

12 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

Because I was roleblocked last cycle I should be able to use my action this cycle, but because of the tightness of the lynch I might not. If Zillah doesn't come back be tonight, we'll see.

If you have to break the tie in a direction you prefer I'd prefer that because you showing off this role would go a decent distance to alleviating my concerns about your alignment, even if it proves to have saved an elim this cycle by guaranteeing a bugsy lynch.

Regarding Coda, I don't think we have any real clue as to their alignment yet, or did I miss something? So I don't think me voting on them at any point is particularly alignment indicative.

1 minute ago, DeTess said:

Regarding Coda, I don't think we have any real clue as to their alignment yet, or did I miss something? So I don't think me voting on them at any point is particularly alignment indicative.

No, it's not AI, I just thought it was a random vote. :P

13 minutes ago, Experience said:

Hey matrim, do you mind putting a vote on bugsy to tie the vote up?

I do have one. Right?

Edit:

On 6/8/2020 at 7:26 AM, Matrim's_Dice said:

Really? I was honestly thinking the opposite, though that may be from a personal standpoint.

I believed Silber to be village, and Kyne and Devotary to be elim. So I got 0/3. That is NOT a good show of what I thought I knew and therefore my elim suspect and village trust lists just got turned upside down. Another tie would be great, presumably there are 3 elims left for the 14 players and 5 dispersal votes, meaning lylo isn't that close. So if in doubt I believe Bugsy is the best choice, but a tie, if possible, would be better. Bugsy to start the tie off. Now if you excuse me, I have some major editing to do in my trust/distrust lists.

Here it is

Edited by Matrim's_Dice

I've been somewhat distracted recently. Nice work with silberfan. 

Also a side note, I think the extortionist is really strong. Bugsy shouldn't have been backed into a corner like that but anyways. 

Detess is cleared unless he decided to bus silber for the cred to endgame which is unlikely. Plus the frustration previous cycle is villagery.

I think we get bugsy this cycle, in a tie, if we prefer, ideally not with me, of course :P

3 minutes ago, Megasif said:

I've been somewhat distracted recently. Nice work with silberfan. 

Also a side note, I think the extortionist is really strong. Bugsy shouldn't have been backed into a corner like that but anyways. 

Detess is cleared unless he decided to bus silber for the cred to endgame which is unlikely. Plus the frustration previous cycle is villagery.

I think we get bugsy this cycle, in a tie, if we prefer, ideally not with me, of course :P

I think it's somewhat interesting you didn't try to defend yourself. At all.

I really don't think you are an elim though, for a reason that might not even be meta. The person Mega replaced only had one post, that was to sign up. I doubt Joe would assign someone like that to be an elim.

14 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

I really don't think you are an elim though, for a reason that might not even be meta. The person Mega replaced only had one post, that was to sign up. I doubt Joe would assign someone like that to be an elim.

It differs per gm, but most don't handpick elims, instead using rng to create 2-5 divisions and pick the one that looks best. And 'best' is often a mix of veterans and newbies. Starting out as an elim is often great because it really puts you in contact with the community.

Also @Megasif, 'she' for me, tyvm :)

30 minutes ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

I probably will, later. And yh I'm village lol

12 minutes ago, DeTess said:

It differs per gm, but most don't handpick elims, instead using rng to create 2-5 divisions and pick the one that looks best. And 'best' is often a mix of veterans and newbies. Starting out as an elim is often great because it really puts you in contact with the community.

Also @Megasif, 'she' for me, tyvm :)

Wait isn't this Randuir's new account?

5 minutes ago, Megasif said:

Got it

Still not an elim:ph34r:

Any particular arguments you want to make beyond that? Last cycle made me pretty suspicious of you, but in all honesty, I'm having trouble fitting you into a standard-size elim team. An 8 person elim team would have zillah, the extortionist and one more member, and you're not the extortionist. And that one more could be a lot of people, including BR (who has been a major inactive suspect).

3 hours ago, DeTess said:

Any particular arguments you want to make beyond that? Last cycle made me pretty suspicious of you, but in all honesty, I'm having trouble fitting you into a standard-size elim team. An 8 person elim team would have zillah, the extortionist and one more member, and you're not the extortionist. And that one more could be a lot of people, including BR (who has been a major inactive suspect).

BR's also been the suspect most conveniently pushed by a lot of people who then backed off the Silber lynch, to be fair. I think it's entirely plausible that they're an inactive villager that the elims want us to kill so we waste a lynch 

I have returned from a period of dormancy! Why are we lynching Megasif? I mean, I think lynching two people at a time is a good idea, but I don't really understand the suspicion on Megasif. To maintain the tie, I'll leave the votes as they are.

Megasif (3): Experience, Bugsy, DeTess

Bugsy (3): Matrim, Emi, Sart

I’m not planning on voting, as that would break the tie.

Archivist, BR, TGK, and Zillah are inactive.

Megasif stated he’s not an elim. He thinks DeTess is cleared. He wants to get Bugsy this cycle. “I owe you a tie at least.” We need to kill Bugsy to win. We should kill Bleeder. Always lynch an outed elim. He voted on Shard. He pointed out how if we’re hunting for Bleeder, elims can blend in easily.

Coda hasn't posted yet this cycle. Last cycle, he encouraged people to post. He roleclaimed Gossip after Kynedath revealed that he scanned Gossip. He thought we should try to find Bleeder. He defended Straw C1.

Xino hasn’t posted yet this cycle. He voted to lynch Silber and Reading. He survived an attack and claimed Tycoon. He thought Winsting was not an asset. He was hesitant about working with the elims.

Emi went inactive for a while. She voted for Bugsy this cycle. She was concerned that she would just confuse us. She thought DeTess wasn’t an elim last cycle. Emi voted for DeTess last cycle, transitioning from Bugsy.

Ninja'd.

3 hours ago, Coda said:

I have returned from a period of dormancy! Why are we lynching Megasif? I mean, I think lynching two people at a time is a good idea, but I don't really understand the suspicion on Megasif. To maintain the tie, I'll leave the votes as they are.

I mean, we could lynch you instead, if you prefer :P  I'm not entirely unserious here, btw. I don't think we've got any reason to assume you're village here, and you've been active enough that we can't dismiss you as an active threat as we can with some of the inactives. If you could do some analysis, or otherwise get your voice in the game, that would be very much appreciated.

Suspicion of Megasif mostly comes from their pushback against the Silber lynch (or any double-lynch involving bugsy) last cycle.

Edited by DeTess

Uhhhh, guys, do keep in mind that Matrim has said they’ll be manipulating the vote against me :P I’d appreciate if our tie attempts take that into account and have one more vote on Mega than he has right now

Edited by Bugsy