The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

On 4/4/2023 at 0:08 PM, Wittles of Shinovar said:

and now the weather...

I liked the talks about patriarchal blessings. I decided to read mine again, and there was just this sense of peace that I got that I haven't felt in a long time. It was only for like a minute, but it was definitely a really special moment

Patriarchal blessings are awesome. The revelations or whatever in them kind of shift (in your own perception) to apply to the current you. I love mine. Definitely worth reading every week to feel the spirit and feel that knowledge that God is there watching you.

24 minutes ago, Argenti said:

I apologize if this is offensive but is "Mormon" a like psuedo slur? I've seen some people react with hissing and I'm just curious.

No, you're perfectly fine to ask. We all understand the confusion. 

It's just not representative of our religion. Joseph Smith (Our first prophet in the latter-days) translated a book which is titled the Book of Mormon. So people called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints the Mormons because it was shorter (hence easier to say).

We've been told it is better to use the longer version because it represents our beliefs better.

Mormon was a prophet in the olden days, sort of like Moses or Noah. We don't worship Mormon, that's why you hear people say, "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" to correct someone saying Mormon (in a terribly written nutshell).

Edited by Lord Gregorio

9 hours ago, Lord Gregorio said:

No, you're perfectly fine to ask. We all understand the confusion. 

It's just not representative of our religion. Joseph Smith (Our first prophet in the latter-days) translated a book which is titled the Book of Mormon. So people called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints the Mormons because it was shorter (hence easier to say).

We've been told it is better to use the longer version because it represents our beliefs better.

Mormon was a prophet in the olden days, sort of like Moses or Noah. We don't worship Mormon, that's why you hear people say, "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" to correct someone saying Mormon (in a terribly written nutshell).

Ah thanks! 

On 4/7/2023 at 4:39 AM, Argenti said:

Ah thanks! 

And it's better to focus our name on Jesus, which Greg already said, mostly.

Also this new format is weird. (There is a new format to others, right?)

2 hours ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

And it's better to focus our name on Jesus, which Greg already said, mostly.

Also this new format is weird. (There is a new format to others, right?)

Sorry… what format? I’m on mobile, so if it is something to do with the interface I might not have anything to do with it.

1 hour ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Last night we had a fireside for youth with my Stake president's dad, who was Mission President in India. It was one of the most spiritual experiences of the past year for me. 

Guys, I'm so excited for my mission

Yay!

On 4/17/2023 at 8:04 AM, Shining Silhouette said:

Last night we had a fireside for youth with my Stake president's dad, who was Mission President in India. It was one of the most spiritual experiences of the past year for me. 

Guys, I'm so excited for my mission

I'll probably be leaving for mine before the end of this year. Though I dunno for sure. 

8 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

New York. It's in the North Eastern USA, unless I'm seriously mistaken.

I think theyre asking where in New York is Silho, not where is NY

Edited by Tani