The Newcago Court

Quiver

The Reod is what turns normal people into Elantrians. It usually comes at night while they're asleep. The Reod is something that happens though, not a being or anything though. It's like when Calamity turns someone into an Epic.

The Shaod is what made everything go wrong. Elantrians lost their powers and became like they are in the book.

Sarene does not know that Raoden is in Elantris. She still thinks he's dead.

Karata is just one of the Gang Leaders. The one that joins Raeoden.

Child, instead of asking questions whose answers are easily searchable, you may try and do two things first:

1. You can google it. Let me Google that for you.

2. Or more preferred here is to read the Coppermind which was so painstakingly put together by the best minds of 17th shard. We wouldn't want their efforts wasted now, do we? They have a whole section for Elantris which you can refer to should you need to know more.

I am compelled to admonish you on this fact since I have observed that you have taken to simply asking questions that you can answer yourself at a click of a button. There are a lot of helpful people in 17th, but there are also a lot of resources that you could have used to answer most of the questions that you have.

Note that I am not bashing you and this is not a hate post. I just would like to see more effort in terms of actually reading and appreciating the information available to you here, instead of just being lazy (yes, it is laziness) and asking the question.

RP:

I understand that my Scholar Slave has the most helpful soul and will keep answering your questions. But he is mine now, and I am tempted to forbid him to answer questions you can answer yourself. But I will not do it, because it might break his mind.

Scholar, help the Child help herself, instead of always coming to the rescue like she is a helpless kitten. She is supposed to be a queen.

In fairness to our Queen, the Coppermind Wiki does have a somewhat mysterious title and description. I hadn't the foggiest idea what it was or why it was here until I saw other members mentioning it. If I had a Cosmere-related question, I wouldn't have known to go there. 

Perhaps it is my professor this summer, who rarely, if ever, answers assignment-related questions until the due date has passed, that makes me feel as I do. Perhaps it is her tendency to give only the vaguest directions and doom her students (well, this one, anyway) to stress over whether or not they met the expectations. But although I do agree that at times questions can be a sign of laziness ("What's in the omelette?" "It's there on the menu, sir.") they can also be a sign of curiosity. Answers, while in some cases may indeed foster laziness, can also save the asker time and encourage deeper questions, which fosters learning. 

shield_rav.jpg

In fairness to our Queen, the Coppermind Wiki does have a somewhat mysterious title and description. I hadn't the foggiest idea what it was or why it was here until I saw other members mentioning it. If I had a Cosmere-related question, I wouldn't have known to go there. 

Perhaps it is my professor this summer, who rarely, if ever, answers assignment-related questions until the due date has passed, that makes me feel as I do. Perhaps it is her tendency to give only the vaguest directions and doom her students (well, this one, anyway) to stress over whether or not they met the expectations. But although I do agree that at times questions can be a sign of laziness ("What's in the omelette?" "It's there on the menu, sir.") they can also be a sign of curiosity. Answers, while in some cases may indeed foster laziness, can also save the asker time and encourage deeper questions, which fosters learning. 

shield_rav.jpg

This is a fair point, and I didn't wish to antagonize anyone with my criticism. I was going to quote examples of what I considered "lazy" questions and "curiosity" questions, but then thought it might be overkill.

Again, the point I'm trying to make is that it is easy to find information here. The Coppermind alone can suck you in and make you obsess about the Cosmere.

This is a fair point, and I didn't wish to antagonize anyone with my criticism. I was going to quote examples of what I considered "lazy" questions and "curiosity" questions, but then thought it might be overkill.

Again, the point I'm trying to make is that it is easy to find information here. The Coppermind alone can suck you in and make you obsess about the Cosmere.

I, likewise, wanted to make a friendly rebuttal. As Ravenclaws are inclined to do. 

If you know what it is. I honestly didn't know what it was until I heard other members talking about it. Had I started with Mistborn instead of Steelheart, I probably would have figured it out, but I hadn't the foggiest idea. And the description makes it sound like the 17th Shard chapter of Fight Club. 

Child, instead of asking questions whose answers are easily searchable, you may try and do two things first:

1. You can google it. Let me Google that for you.

2. Or more preferred here is to read the Coppermind which was so painstakingly put together by the best minds of 17th shard. We wouldn't want their efforts wasted now, do we? They have a whole section for Elantris which you can refer to should you need to know more.

I am compelled to admonish you on this fact since I have observed that you have taken to simply asking questions that you can answer yourself at a click of a button. There are a lot of helpful people in 17th, but there are also a lot of resources that you could have used to answer most of the questions that you have.

Note that I am not bashing you and this is not a hate post. I just would like to see more effort in terms of actually reading and appreciating the information available to you here, instead of just being lazy (yes, it is laziness) and asking the question.

RP:

I understand that my Scholar Slave has the most helpful soul and will keep answering your questions. But he is mine now, and I am tempted to forbid him to answer questions you can answer yourself. But I will not do it, because it might break his mind.

Scholar, help the Child help herself, instead of always coming to the rescue like she is a helpless kitten. She is supposed to be a queen.

Sorry. I wasn't sure what the copper mind wiki was and I have been on the Elantris section to look for those answers but I could really find those answers. Thanks for answering the questions QuiteLeftinch.

The Reod is what turns normal people into Elantrians. It usually comes at night while they're asleep. The Reod is something that happens though, not a being or anything though. It's like when Calamity turns someone into an Epic.

The Shaod is what made everything go wrong. Elantrians lost their powers and became like they are in the book.

Other way around. Shaod makes you a God, Reod broke the land.

I almost edited it once, but I would have had to create an account there. And frankly, who has the time for that sort of thing? I'm a busy man.

* runs off to post memes on other faction threads *

Truth be told, I tried editing a minor page once but couldn't work out how to. So there goes my coppermind-editing aspirations.

...... Everyone who edits the coppermind must be a sliver of Ruin! *gasp*.

Oh of course, silly me. Everyone's spiked anyway. :D

Oh of course, silly me. Everyone's spiked anyway. :D

So... what precisely is the Spikocracy? It's a menacing, shadowy term which is used as a warning across the forum, but I'm not sure precisely what it is. Is it the staff? Just the admins? Is it the people who inhabit a certain upvote range on the reputation board?

roflbot.jpg

Why don't you google it :ph34r:B);)

Now in all seriousness, I believe Kurk started it as a term for the top fifty.

Lord Ruler, that Google admonition is just going to haunt me now, won't it?

Scholar, your sarcasm is duly noted. I'm hurt that you treat your Mistress so.