AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edwin stepped into the gym, he was wearing a suit he didn't think he would be using before graduation. So, you don't have a date, you don't know how to dance and overall you're not the most social creature on Earth. It was a great decision to come.

"Well, I'm here so no turning back now." for now he decided to walk around, looking at the place. He thought Twin might get bored and fly off but she was sitting on his shoulder, looking at all the lights with eyes like a child's.

James had never particularly loved school dances, but this was prom, and was therefore a special occasion- so he put on his happy face. A slow song started up, and James breathed a sigh of happiness, "You know" he said to Sawyer, "They almost never played slow songs where I come from." 

Oh for the love of the Almighty, just ask her James! The Nightwatcher burst out. 

"So" he added, tentatively, "Do you want to dance?" He proffered her his arm, and smiled a nervous, but enthusiastic, smile.

@Taradiddle

Yay prom :)

Rob hopped out of the van with everyone else and as others entered within the building, glowing lights and loud music engulfing them, Rob stayed back, looking over himself. He would have been content with coming in his usual basic attire, but he knew he had to be formal. Trousers, a simple coat, red polo shirt and black bow-tie. Not too frivolous.

A part of him was a little excited, though he didn’t show it. Prom. The day had come. And he wasn’t going as an independent either, he actually had someone who’d said yes. Even if that person was liked by another person. They could still enjoy the prom though, right?

He stood up straight and entered through the double doors, the music’s bass rumbling though the floorboards and the multicolour lights reflecting off of their polished sheen. He looked around - this place looked bigger on the inside, and he found Leona by the snack bar, chatting happily with Flid.

Rob paused, looked down then looked elsewhere. They’re just talking. He didn’t know hat to do with his hands so he just kept them in his pockets casually. And even if they aren’t, it’s not my business. I shouldn’t get in their way. But, Leona was his prom date. Maybe they’d forgotten, which was understandable. I could remind them, Rob thought. But I said I didn’t want to make a love triangle. I don’t even like Leona in the way Flid does. But still, it hurt a bit.

Looking further around, Rob felt dwarfed by the disco. Taking one final look at the snack bar, he moved somewhere else, to a corner of the prom not as populated as the rest, and slowly began moving back and forth in what constituted as a dance.

Ashlyn needlessly straitens her dress the looks around. She recognizes the face of Rob in the crowd and watches as he moves into a corner of the dance floor. With nothing better to do she she follows, giving him a wave as she gets closer.

”Um. Hi again.” She says.

@I think I am here.

16 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Ashlyn needlessly straitens her dress the looks around. She recognizes the face of Rob in the crowd and watches as he moves into a corner of the dance floor. With nothing better to do she she follows, giving him a wave as she gets closer.

”Um. Hi again.” She says.

@I think I am here.

Rob looked at Ashlyn and stopped doing his little shuffle he called a dance.

“Hi,” he said back. He looked up. “Nice music, right?”

He didn’t enjoy it too much. But he didn’t know how to small talk either.

Shana smiled excitedly when she got out of the car. Almost everybody was older than she was and she felt small next to the old pupils with their beautiful dresses. Some she knew from training, but most of them were strangers. She waited for Ben and looked around for some familiar faces.

@Lunamor

19 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Rob looked at Ashlyn and stopped doing his little shuffle he called a dance.

“Hi,” he said back. He looked up. “Nice music, right?”

He didn’t enjoy it too much. But he didn’t know how to small talk either.

“It’s alright,” Ashlyn says, “So. What do you like to do?” That was so awkward! There had to have been a better way to phrase that.

24 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana smiled excitedly when she got out of the car. Almost everybody was older than she was and she felt small next to the old pupils with their beautiful dresses. Some she knew from training, but most of them were strangers. She waited for Ben and looked around for some familiar faces.

@Lunamor

Ben walked inside, unable to completely keep the ridiculous grin off his face. He was going to prom. With Shana. He still couldn’t fully believe it. He looked around for a while, trying to find her in the crowd of people. He didn’t like crowds, but he would put up with it for Shana. He eventually spotted her and his jaw nearly shattered against the gym’s floor. She looked stunning. Not that she always didn’t look stunning, of course. He walked up to her, suddenly a little nervous. 

“You look beautiful!”

Edited by Lunamor

12 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

“It’s alright,” Ashlyn says, “So. What do you like to do?” That was so awkward! There had to have been a better way to phrase that.

Rob shrugged, looking around. “I like thinking.”

He paused. “Sorry. Maybe not the answer you were expecting.” He shuffled his feet awkwardly.

34 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Ben walked inside, unable to completely keep the ridiculous grin off his face. He was going to prom. With Shana. He still couldn’t fully believe it. He looked around for a while, trying to find her in the crowd of people. He didn’t like crowds, but he would put up with it for Shana. He eventually spotted her and his jaw nearly shattered against the gym’s floor. She looked stunning. Not that she always didn’t look stunning, of course. He walked up to her, suddenly a little nervous. 

“You look beautiful!”

Shana blushed at the compliment and offered him her hand.

"Let's go inside?"

She asked and grinned as well.

9 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Rob shrugged, looking around. “I like thinking.”

He paused. “Sorry. Maybe not the answer you were expecting.” He shuffled his feet awkwardly.

“It’s fine.” Ashlyn says, “It’s more interesting than the usual answers of books, tv, and sports.”

She smiles at him, “I like thinking too.”

@I think I am here.

Marshmallows are reallly good dipped in chocolate, if anyone was wondering.

Leona saw Rob looking at her and her eyes widened. oh crap, he was supposed to be my prom date. But he was talking with Ashlyn, who seemed to like him...

Leona arrived at the chocolate fountain, and piled a plate high with chocolate covered strawberries and marshmallows. 

@Emperor Stick

37 minutes ago, BookishOcelot said:

“Yeah.” 

Oh god oh god i’m out of conversational topics what do I do now oh no

“So, what do you think of Prom so far?”

I am officially the least smooth person alive. 

Cha Cha real smooth.

11 hours ago, Sorana said:

Shana blushed at the compliment and offered him her hand.

"Let's go inside?"

She asked and grinned as well.

Ben nodded, taking her hand and leading her inside. He was glad she was happy, he didn’t want to mess things up for her.

1 hour ago, Lunamor said:

Ben nodded, taking her hand and leading her inside. He was glad she was happy, he didn’t want to mess things up for her.

"Do you want to dance?"

Shana asked and searched for the others. They were all here and she smiled when she saw them talking. But for now, she would spend some time with Ben.

"Or we could grab some food first?"