The Happy Inquisitor: A Restaurant

Lunamor

On 7/19/2020 at 8:41 PM, Mist said:

Ember (2) waits in line behind Ene. He's thinking he'll try the soup, based on A.C.'s advice. 

@AonEne

"Ma'am, are you going to purchase something? If not, may I go ahead?"

Edited by Mist
Flame on!

8 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Ene apologizes to Ember (2) and looks at the bartender. “Do you have strawberry lemonade?” 

@Shard of Thought 

Strawberry lemonade?” Zeoy scratched her head. “I don’t reckon I’ve served that before. If ya give me a few minutes I can see what I can shake up, that sound good?”

17 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Strawberry lemonade?” Zeoy scratched her head. “I don’t reckon I’ve served that before. If ya give me a few minutes I can see what I can shake up, that sound good?”

“I can wait! Thank you,” Ene said, then left the counter to plop into a booth. 

Zeoy pulled open the mini fridge underneath the counter and took out one of the pitchers of lemonade. "Let's see..." she muttered. "What do I have to work with?" After rummaging around in some cupboards and drawers (and shaking her head at everything she saw) she ended up pulling out an old food processor. "Huh. That'll have to do, I suppose." It looked to be in fairly good condition, at least. She set it on the back counter and poked her head into the kitchen. "'Ey, Luna, what kinda fruits do we have stored back there?"

@Lunamor

Zeoy breathed out her nose. "Ah, storm it," she cursed. "Ah, well." She ducked back out of the kitchen. "I'll have to put some good fruit on the list for the next foods shipment... But let's see what I have to work with." Zeoy threw open the back cabinet. It was filled with many bottles of various sizes, holding liquids of various colors. Some glowed, some had condensation on the outside of the container, some were tall, some were short. Every manner of substance you could possibly need as a drinkmaster, Zeoy held in this space. She ran her eyes over the bottles searching for- "Aha!" She grabbed a small pink vial. "Strawberry extract!" The short bartender scurried to the counter - picking up a tall glass on the way - and poured some of the waiting lemonade into the cup. With one hand, she opened the vial she'd selected and with the other, she pulled out a spoon from a drawer below her. After putting a few drops of the stuff into the cup, she stirred with a practiced hand, making the yellow liquid turn pinkish. "Now to spice things up a bit." 

Zeoy ran back to the cabinet, replacing the small vial for a second container. When she popped the cap, smoke rose from it. It had no smell and actually - as Zeoy knew - offtered quite little in the way of taste, but it was just the thing to make a drink pop a bit more. She tipped the container towards the cup and gave it a bit of a pat, three small crystal-like pebbles falling into the cup. The drink immediately began to bubble. "Ah, that's the stuff! One pink, sparking lemonade, as strawberry as I can make it!" 

@AonEne

9 hours ago, Danex said:

This is my first RP and I have no idea what I’m doing sooo:wacko:

No problem Danex. The Happy Inquisitor is very layed back, so you have nothing to fear. If you want my personal advice, think TLT with just a little more structure, and a permanent setting.

A.C. continues to yell from his corner. "That's a deep question you ask, my friend! You could hurt someone if you ain't careful!"

Then, he turns to Ene at a nearby booth, and says, "So you got the strawberry lemonade. Bold choice. I personally think that anything with more than one word gets a few extra "kicks" in this place."

He then notices a plate of ribs that were not in front of him before. He shrugs, and begins to eat.

@AonEne

Edited by Rosharan A.C.

6 hours ago, Danex said:

“Wow,” thinks Danex’s currently unnamed character, who might eventually just be named Danex, “the soup here must be really good; people aren’t even using spoons!”

"Hello!" Radiant exclaims. "Anything I can do for you?"

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Corrin enters the Happy Inquisitor, looking around with a calculating look in his eye.

"I heard from a traveling merchant that you have good soup here." Corrin says. "Is that correct?"

"Yep! ...Well, I've never actually tried it... But I've never heard any complaints!" Radiant exclaims.

9 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Great! I'll take a bowl of it. How much would that cost? I only have Iconan currency." He fishes a few crescents out of his pocket.

"Uhm..." Radiant looks around, but when no one helps her out, she continues, "How about you eat it first and then decide how much money it's worth? You seem trustworthy enough..."

A.C. finishes his ribs, and then moves up beside Corrin, where he lounges on the counter. "ALL OF EM. If you've got coin my friend, it's worth all of em!" he yells, despite no longer being in his corner.

He turns to Radiant and leans in, talking semi-quietly for once. "Oh he'll see. I'm a bit of a connoisseur of the soup here. Lemme tell ya. It's the stuff. Guy won't be able to resist giving you his whole..." he looks over at Corrin again, to figure out where he got his money from. No purse? No satchel? "...his whole pocket. Ya. Guy'll give you the whole pocket. Probably both." And then he gives Radiant a knowing smile, and a slow nod. 

He raises his voice again. "Oh and, sir. If you feel like you just don't have enough to pay for the soup when you're done, m' pretty sure they accept compliments as payment too."

@Channelknight Fadran

@DramaQueen

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well, in that case..." Corrin shrugs, "what do you got?"

2 hours ago, Rosharan A.C. said:

A.C. finishes his ribs, and then moves up beside Corrin, where he lounges on the counter. "ALL OF EM. If you've got coin my friend, it's worth all of em!" he yells, despite no longer being in his corner.

He turns to Radiant and leans in, talking semi-quietly for once. "Oh he'll see. I'm a bit of a connoisseur of the soup here. Lemme tell ya. It's the stuff. Guy won't be able to resist giving you his whole..." he looks over at Corrin again, to figure out where he got his money from. No purse? No satchel? "...his whole pocket. Ya. Guy'll give you the whole pocket. Probably both." And then he gives Radiant a knowing smile, and a slow nod. 

He raises his voice again. "Oh and, sir. If you feel like you just don't have enough to pay for the soup when you're done, m' pretty sure they accept compliments as payment too."

@Channelknight Fadran

@DramaQueen

Radiant is extremely confused. "Uh, I'm actually not the waitress, I'm just the greeter. You can look at the menu to see what we have, though. Then just call @Vapor when you're ready to order. I think? I haven't been working here long, and I never really got trained."

She turns towards A.C., whispering quietly. "Was that ok?"

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

Radiant is extremely confused. "Uh, I'm actually not the waitress, I'm just the greeter. You can look at the menu to see what we have, though. Then just call @Vapor when you're ready to order. I think? I haven't been working here long, and I never really got trained."

Corrin shrugs, then looks at the menu. "Hmm... spike soup? No... Ooh! You guys have cookies! I love cookies!"

I guess now I have to make Corrin like cookies in the Iconar Collective...

48 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

He makes an OK sign and nods appreciatively. "Ya ya. You handled it like a champ. Course, I don't know if Lunamor wants you to greet a certain way. But I'm sure that was perfect!"