3 hours ago, kenod said:

Ugh, I really dislike Python. I don't mind the white-space stuff too much, but I have a lot of issues with the dynamic typing. I really don't like that it makes it impossible for to precisely predict what a piece of code is doing.

See before I really had to use python I'd had to do an extended stint in web dev working with PHP and Javascript so I'd already been dealing with untyped languages, the indentation issues were way more annoying for me.
White space should never mean something.

14 hours ago, Voidus said:

Technically I think I'm a Senior Data Analyst for pay purposes? I don't know, my role changes a bit :P

But yeah, mainly AI stuff recently (More technically Machine learning and Deep learning but most people still want to call it AI)

All this coding stuff reminded me of that syntax orientated power categorization system we were talking about a few months ago. 

Edit: I’m transplanting Red into this superhero story I’ve been working on, and I need to give her a last name. @Edgedancer, mind if I go with Jaeger? 

Also, @Voidus, can you send me like, a BUNCH, of minor(ish) Epics with single powers that you wouldn’t mind if I used? 

Edited by winter devotion

10 hours ago, winter devotion said:

All this coding stuff reminded me of that syntax orientated power categorization system we were talking about a few months ago. 

Edit: I’m transplanting Red into this superhero story I’ve been working on, and I need to give her a last name. @Edgedancer, mind if I go with Jaeger? 

Also, @Voidus, can you send me like, a BUNCH, of minor(ish) Epics with single powers that you wouldn’t mind if I used? 

I don't know about *however it's spelled*; pretty sure our buddy Nighthound hasn't been able to complete the ceremony yet. :)

Edited by breakingamber

10 hours ago, winter devotion said:

How many is a bunch?
*Gets unnaturally excited*

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

How many is a bunch?
*Gets unnaturally excited*

The initial population of the superhuman world was 2,091. Single mass empowering event. Everyone, with the exception of 2 sets of identical twins who had the same one, got a unique power. I have thirty or so powers already.

Go.

2 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

The initial population of the superhuman world was 2,091. Single mass empowering event. Everyone, with the exception of 2 sets of identical twins who had the same one, got a unique power. I have thirty or so powers already.

Go.

I wanna see this. 

Edited by Kidpen

6 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Go.

So 2061? Will see what I can do. :D

5 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

@Voidus: Want to have a competition?

I mean, sure. I do already have thousands of Epics listed though. :P

Telekinesis with guns.

Putting out fires.

Being able to fall any height and be fine.

Reading books by touch.

Making others really distractable. 

Making hair fall out.

EDIT:

Here’s more.

Spoiler

Power to cast magic missile.

Making people sneeze.

Setting off guns.

Doubling the chance of succeeding at any one thing.

Teleporting through shadows.

Super accuracy with bouncy balls.

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

Just now, Voidus said:

So 2061? Will see what I can do. :D

I mean, sure. I do already have thousands of Epics listed though. :P

May I suggest that there's no such thing as too many Epics? (until they kill me and my entire family?)

Also, I'm guessing this 'first wave' is probably the most powerful wave.  Is that a stupid/unfounded assumption

2 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

May I suggest that there's no such thing as too many Epics? (until they kill me and my entire family?)

Also, I'm guessing this 'first wave' is probably the most powerful wave.  Is that a stupid/unfounded assumption

There aren't really waves. It's just one big event and the kids tend to get the powers of their parents. The advanced strength and healing increases slowly when two superhumans have a kid together, but that kid will only ever have one of their parent's abilities, unless there's some tampering and experimentation. Even then, that's so rare as to have only happened once or maybe twice, but if there is a second one, they're probably a baby at the time of the story. The use of the power takes energy, to the extent that after using it a lot, no matter what it is, the superhuman will be really hungry. 

Just now, winter devotion said:

There aren't really waves. It's just one big event and the kids tend to get the powers of their parents. The advanced strength and healing increases slowly when two superhumans have a kid together, but that kid will only ever have one of their parent's abilities, unless there's some tampering and experimentation. Even then, that's so rare as to have only happened once or maybe twice, but if there is a second one, they're probably a baby at the time of the story. The use of the power takes energy, to the extent that after using it a lot, no matter what it is, the superhuman will be really hungry. 

...is this an X-Men reference?

Power to generate giant spider legs from their back and use them to walk around with their body dangling in the middle kind of like doctor octopus.

Power to make really good sandwiches.

Power to temporarily pull objects from another reality eg: a hammer

Power to be immune to temperature extremes.

Power to be an ogre.

Power to turn into a tree and back.

EDIT: This sounds a lot like a MHA fanfic.

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

Just now, winter devotion said:

Which part? I don't really know much about the x-men. 

I don't know. I just read the words, 'superhuman', 'advanced strength and healing', 'kid', 'tampering and experimentation', and 'energy' and assumed you were referring to some comic book universe. And I guessed X-Men because I know next to nothing about the X men.

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Give 118 people the power to each control a single element off the periodic table. :P

Spoiler

Name: Mendelev

Power: Control all 118 elements

MO:

You may not have realized it, but I just carbon bent you. Scratch that, you've definitely noticed now. Or not. I'm not sure if that pile of diamonds on the floor is still sentient.