24 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

However, the length of time he has to spend listening to her whining before she gets into it enough not to notice the world around her makes him wonder if the other timelines would have been preferable. 

Oregon Trivia: people who have spent over an hour listening to Lucentia are all capable of triggering Lightwards' weakness.

1 hour ago, Kobold King said:

I am simultaneously encouraging you and warning you that this could lead to Darkrose and Sunburst becoming non-canon realities. Make of that what you will. :ph34r:

Actually, given the way the Reckonerverse, we could totally make Team Funacid's various Epic-ings different universes canon-ish. 

10 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Actually, given the way the Reckonerverse, we could totally make Team Funacid's various Epic-ings different universes canon-ish. 

A young Megan trying to use her powers to make Oregon a better place:

Spoiler

DXyXf-JXUAAxM9l.jpg.4bc9ffa800c8bc3b34e73d2c0ac070ba.jpg

Just now, Kobold King said:

A young Megan trying to use her powers to make Oregon a better place:

Hide contents

DXyXf-JXUAAxM9l.jpg.4bc9ffa800c8bc3b34e73d2c0ac070ba.jpg

I am annoyed I can’t upvote this.

BTW, where are the Darkrose and Sunburst stories? I can’t find them.

Here’s some art of what might happen if Darkrose happened, though I have to say it’s rather gorey so don’t look if you don’t wanna see it. It’s sideways, for some reason I can’t figure out how to fix.

Spoiler

F3A6E6ED-F8DB-4C04-A058-0717B741D9A9.thumb.jpeg.73ba75e170708d3542f0ac2119067098.jpeg

2 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Here’s some art of what might happen if Darkrose happened, though I have to say it’s rather gorey so don’t look if you don’t wanna see it. It’s sideways, for some reason I can’t figure out how to fix.

Reveal hidden contents

F3A6E6ED-F8DB-4C04-A058-0717B741D9A9.thumb.jpeg.73ba75e170708d3542f0ac2119067098.jpeg

Who are the two in the picture?

2 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Hide contents

You're annoyed by the quota?

I just saw an epic piece of AU artwork inspired by one of my characters, and I can't upvote it! :wacko:

(Dark or not, this is amazing. :D)

As for Darkrose and Sunburst stories, I don't think they currently exist. They probably will, though. I just had a moment of lucidity realizing I'm making trash-tier memes about the characters while you're making epic fan art, realizing I had to step up my game. :P

10 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

As for Darkrose and Sunburst stories, I don't think they currently exist. They probably will, though. I just had a moment of lucidity realizing I'm making trash-tier memes about the characters while you're making epic fan art, realizing I had to step up my game. :P

What's Sunburst's power? 

Just now, winter devotion said:

What's Sunburst's power? 

In her case, this almost became canon. At the very least it was discussed at length. :ph34r:

Sunburst was going to get a moderately weaker version of Obliteration's most dire power. She was going to gain the ability to absorb sunlight through her skin and release it as immensely powerful bursts of energy. Her prime invincibility was going to be transforming her body into living energy when she would otherwise be injured.

Hers were going to be tough, but limited because unlike Mobius or Darkrose she was actually intended to be a possible Epic in a thread someday and needed to be more or less balanced. :P

In her case, this almost became canon. At the very least it was discussed at length. :ph34r:

Sunburst was going to get a moderately weaker version of Obliteration's most dire power. She was going to gain the ability to absorb sunlight through her skin and release it as immensely powerful bursts of energy. Her prime invincibility was going to be transforming her body into living energy when she would otherwise be injured.

Hers were going to be tough, but limited because unlike Mobius or Darkrose she was actually intended to be a possible Epic in a thread someday and needed to be more or less balanced. :P

I thought Darkrose's only ability was the roses thing? Or does she have a healing as well?

I thought Darkrose's only ability was the roses thing? Or does she have a healing as well?

Darkrose's powers I think changed multiple times? I remember at some point she was discussed as having CorpseMaker's invulnerability on top of her offensive power set.

There's so little material where it comes to Darkrose and Sunburst that basically anything is canon. Your piece of fan art is technically the most original content involving Darkrose that's ever been created.

1 hour ago, Kobold King said:

Darkrose's powers I think changed multiple times? I remember at some point she was discussed as having CorpseMaker's invulnerability on top of her offensive power set.

There's so little material where it comes to Darkrose and Sunburst that basically anything is canon. Your piece of fan art is technically the most original content involving Darkrose that's ever been created.

What would've Remington been like as an Epic? I mean, besides terrifying. 

So, I put some more thought into Darkrose, because after Winter's awesome fan art how could I not?

I realized she'd actually probably be worse than we think. A great number of Sam's posts hinge around her bitterness about the hypocrisy and the lies of the Epics. She doesn't just hate Altermind for his atrocities. She hates him because he claims to be doing great things for the people while he commits them. She doesn't just hate Lightwards for murdering innocent civilians and turning them into his personal flesh puppets. She hates him for acting like he did them a favor. And she doesn't hate Funtimes for anything she's done... she hates her because she's certain she must be as corrupt as any of them, but is pretending to be all fun and games.

Would she go on random murder sprees against vanillas or Epics who irked her in some way? Certainly. But I think Darkrose would have a glimmer of self-awareness that the others lack. She knows powers corrupt. If she was using hers regularly, she'd know full well what they're doing to her, but would be too detached to care. She'd readily admit what she's doing is evil and has no possible justification.

...and I think she'd try to prove that other Epics are the same way, by forcing them to use their powers to the point of slipping into full corruption and destroying the very things they claimed to be trying to protect. :mellow: I can see her trying to force Altermind into a position where he has to destroy huge parts of Thoughttown to defeat her, or especially trying to goad Funtimes into showing her "true colors."

In short, I think we'd have a smaller scale Regalia on our hands.

So thank you for coming to my TED talk, "Why 'What Happened in Portland' Actually Depicts One of the Best of All Possible Oregons." :P

40 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

So, I put some more thought into Darkrose, because after Winter's awesome fan art how could I not?

I realized she'd actually probably be worse than we think. A great number of Sam's posts hinge around her bitterness about the hypocrisy and the lies of the Epics. She doesn't just hate Altermind for his atrocities. She hates him because he claims to be doing great things for the people while he commits them. She doesn't just hate Lightwards for murdering innocent civilians and turning them into his personal flesh puppets. She hates him for acting like he did them a favor. And she doesn't hate Funtimes for anything she's done... she hates her because she's certain she must be as corrupt as any of them, but is pretending to be all fun and games.

Would she go on random murder sprees against vanillas or Epics who irked her in some way? Certainly. But I think Darkrose would have a glimmer of self-awareness that the others lack. She knows powers corrupt. If she was using hers regularly, she'd know full well what they're doing to her, but would be too detached to care. She'd readily admit what she's doing is evil and has no possible justification.

...and I think she'd try to prove that other Epics are the same way, by forcing them to use their powers to the point of slipping into full corruption and destroying the very things they claimed to be trying to protect. :mellow: I can see her trying to force Altermind into a position where he has to destroy huge parts of Thoughttown to defeat her, or especially trying to goad Funtimes into showing her "true colors."

In short, I think we'd have a smaller scale Regalia on our hands.

So thank you for coming to my TED talk, "Why 'What Happened in Portland' Actually Depicts One of the Best of All Possible Oregons." :P

Oh.

Oh no. 

The only part of this I disagree with is the "smaller scale" idea. Seriously, she'd be worse. And maybe even stronger. I like the idea of her having a healing factor that stitches up wounds like plants.

35 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

What would've Remington been like as an Epic? I mean, besides terrifying. 

@Voidus actually came up with a sparking awesome powerset for him a while back, and while I unfortunately can't find it at the moment, I remember that his PI consisted of supernatural luck. Reckoners set fire to his house? Rain comes down right then and puts out the fire and jams whatever sensitive equipment could be jammed. Enemy comes at him while he's unarmed? Sinkhole opens under their feet. 

So far as the shape his corruption would take, his pragmatism would become far more ruthless. He'd definitely be one of those You Have Outlived Your Usefulness villains, although he'd apply it far more broadly than "villain keeping underlings in line." Think of one of his subjects falling behind on quotas running into that trope and you know how Remington would run his fiefdom. He wouldn't do it angrily or with any sort of passion; he'd just calmly and coolly get rid of the dead weight. Even so, he wouldn't be aggressive with expanding his territory, unless circumstances—a need for more farmland or hunting grounds, or some sort of ecological problem in his existing territory—forced him to seek out more space. 

As for a weakness….you know, I toyed with one similar to Fortuity's (rejection by a woman he's attracted to) as a weakness for a while, but I've since realized that this was never a huge fear for Remington. However, he lost his whole family to Koschei, and his in-laws to Lightwards. He's always been something of a loner, but having those connections made life worth living. Without them, he's had to go it alone, and adjust to the notion that this loneliness might very well be permanent. As an Epic, I think he'd tamp down this desire to love and be loved—romantically or platonically—and keep others at a distance. His weakness would probably involve reminding him of that love he'd once had somehow, reminding him that he's alone, and there's no one out there willing to pull him into their arms. 

6 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

@Voidus actually came up with a sparking awesome powerset for him a while back, and while I unfortunately can't find it at the moment, I remember that his PI consisted of supernatural luck. Reckoners set fire to his house? Rain comes down right then and puts out the fire and jams whatever sensitive equipment could be jammed. Enemy comes at him while he's unarmed? Sinkhole opens under their feet. 

So far as the shape his corruption would take, his pragmatism would become far more ruthless. He'd definitely be one of those You Have Outlived Your Usefulness villains, although he'd apply it far more broadly than "villain keeping underlings in line." Think of one of his subjects falling behind on quotas running into that trope and you know how Remington would run his fiefdom. He wouldn't do it angrily or with any sort of passion; he'd just calmly and coolly get rid of the dead weight. Even so, he wouldn't be aggressive with expanding his territory, unless circumstances—a need for more farmland or hunting grounds, or some sort of ecological problem in his existing territory—forced him to seek out more space. 

As for a weakness….you know, I toyed with one similar to Fortuity's (rejection by a woman he's attracted to) as a weakness for a while, but I've since realized that this was never a huge fear for Remington. However, he lost his whole family to Koschei, and his in-laws to Lightwards. He's always been something of a loner, but having those connections made life worth living. Without them, he's had to go it alone, and adjust to the notion that this loneliness might very well be permanent. As an Epic, I think he'd tamp down this desire to love and be loved—romantically or platonically—and keep others at a distance. His weakness would probably involve reminding him of that love he'd once had somehow, reminding him that he's alone, and there's no one out there willing to pull him into their arms. 

Maybe being given a hug? 

Maybe being given a hug? 

Maybe. I think it would have to be something a little stronger than that, a little more personal. Maybe something like being asked if everything is okay in a way that shows genuine concern, or showing genuine concern for him in general. Something like that. 

2 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Maybe. I think it would have to be something a little stronger than that, a little more personal. Maybe something like being asked if everything is okay in a way that shows genuine concern, or showing genuine concern for him in general. Something like that. 

points at Revolution

"You. Get me a sandwich."

"Are you sure? All we have is that nasty bread made of the unrefined flour, and that's not good for you at all."

"..."

"...why are you staring at me like whole wheat bread is your weakness?"

points at Revolution

"You. Get me a sandwich."

"Are you sure? All we have is that nasty bread made of the unrefined flour, and that's not good for you at all."

"..."

"...why are you staring at me like whole wheat bread is your weakness?"

The timeline where all four of them turn simultaneously and end up mutually corrupting each other as they try to keep the others sane, while Funtimes was out for some ice cream.

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

The timeline where all four of them turn simultaneously and end up mutually corrupting each other as they try to keep the others sane, while Funtimes was out for some ice cream.

Funtimes comes back to find Darkrose, Sunburst, Springfield and Nathan roasting marshmallows over the 507th Lightwards to be burnt at the stake. :P