import random

list = ('You will fail miserably!', 'You will succeed admirably!', 'You will not do too well', 'You will be eaten by wild beasts', 'You will meet one of your idols by coincidence', 'You will not even start on your thing', 'You will die painlessly', 'You will die painfully', 'You will ask this "Magic 8 Ball" another question', 'You will start reading TVTropes', 'You will learn how to work a Python script', 'Answer blurry; try again later?', 'CHICKEN!', 'It will rain pancakes', 'You will have to listen to the horrifying, terrifying silence', 'You will write crappy fanfiction', 'You will play poker someday', 'You will will your will to will to Will', 'You will soon own a plaid jacket!', 'You will procrastinate.', 'You will ERROR', 'You will come up with something really creative!', 'You will pretend to murder someone and get arrested for it', 'You will insert some Python into your post', 'You will learn a new language', 'Your projects will be stalled for weeks.', 'You will save a life', 'You will break into a safe')

input("Ask a question about your future!")

rando = random.randint(len(list))
print(rando)

Jeez, you can input scripts? Cool! I learned something new today.

Just now, breakingamber said:

import random

list = ('You will fail miserably!', 'You will succeed admirably!', 'You will not do too well', 'You will be eaten by wild beasts', 'You will meet one of your idols by coincidence', 'You will not even start on your thing', 'You will die painlessly', 'You will die painfully', 'You will ask this "Magic 8 Ball" another question', 'You will start reading TVTropes', 'You will learn how to work a Python script', 'Answer blurry; try again later?', 'CHICKEN!', 'It will rain pancakes', 'You will have to listen to the horrifying, terrifying silence', 'You will write crappy fanfiction', 'You will play poker someday', 'You will will your will to will to Will', 'You will soon own a plaid jacket!', 'You will procrastinate.', 'You will ERROR', 'You will come up with something really creative!', 'You will pretend to murder someone and get arrested for it', 'You will insert some Python into your post', 'You will learn a new language', 'Your projects will be stalled for weeks.', 'You will save a life', 'You will break into a safe')

print(rando)

Is that python? Or pseudocode?

It is in fact real Python, though I'm not sure if it works.

I may have used the random module incorrectly.

It's been a while since I've used Python so I wasn't sure. Looked familiar though.

And it looked just enough like fake code that it was probably Python.

LOL I should really learn a proper programming language. Like Java or something.

Java is fun. I'm actually taking a class on it right now. (Though so far this school year I haven't learned anything I didn't basically teach myself last year)

1 minute ago, Weirdpersonx said:

Java is fun. I'm actually taking a class on it right now. (Though so far this school year I haven't learned anything I didn't basically teach myself last year)

I wish I could teach myself anything. I constantly get distracted by books, video games, and forum sites to actually teach myself anything/get anything done/do anything useful :P 

23 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

import random

print(rando)

Just a note: This would print out a random integer within the bounds of the list array, not an actual element in the array :P

2 minutes ago, Weirdpersonx said:

I'll let you know once I have access to it.

Sparks. Fixed.

Just now, Voidus said:

Just a note: This would print out a random integer within the bounds of the list array, not an actual element in the array :P

Haha, I was wondering if anyone would catch that.

import random

print(list[rando])

Edited by breakingamber

Also Python is a really good scripting language to learn, it's becoming one of the most popular languages nowadays, and it's becoming the language of choice for Data Science which is where all the jobs and money are going to be.

We use it frequently at work.

Just now, Voidus said:

Also Python is a really good scripting language to learn, it's becoming one of the most popular languages nowadays, and it's becoming the language of choice for Data Science which is where all the jobs and money are going to be.

You're a programmer?

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

I guess I should probably brush up on it. Haven't even looked at any python code in a couple of years.

Edit: What branch of programming/computer science do you do?

Edited by Weirdpersonx

You're a programmer?

Technically I think I'm a Senior Data Analyst for pay purposes? I don't know, my role changes a bit :P

But yeah, mainly AI stuff recently (More technically Machine learning and Deep learning but most people still want to call it AI)

Just now, Voidus said:

Technically I think I'm a Senior Data Analyst for pay purposes? I don't know, my role changes a bit :P

But yeah, mainly AI stuff recently (More technically Machine learning and Deep learning but most people still want to call it AI)

That is SO COOL!!!!!

My two mildly-useful passions are statistics and programming. SO COOL.

(now that I think about it, it's probably not that cool. But it's cool to me. :) (? how do you close a parenthesis with a smily face at the end?))

4 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

That is SO COOL!!!!!

My two mildly-useful passions are statistics and programming. SO COOL.

(now that I think about it, it's probably not that cool. But it's cool to me. :) (? how do you close a parenthesis with a smily face at the end?))

Well the industry is in dire need of qualified people so pursue that, it's growing to fast for people to keep up so there's going to be lots of work available. Yeah unfortunately the reality is a lot less interesting than people might think but I still enjoy it. :D

Ugh, I really dislike Python. I don't mind the white-space stuff too much, but I have a lot of issues with the dynamic typing. I really don't like that it makes it impossible for to precisely predict what a piece of code is doing.

15 minutes ago, kenod said:

Ugh, I really dislike Python. I don't mind the white-space stuff too much, but I have a lot of issues with the dynamic typing. I really don't like that it makes it impossible for to precisely predict what a piece of code is doing.

I actually got confused for a moment and thought Python was an Epic name. :P