Just now, winter devotion said:

I think Fanfics should be for “situations that didn’t happen.  It are plausible” while OOC is for really crazy things, like Nichthhound being nice.

Well, where would one put the 'fanfics' that are (kind of) confirmed canon? I would expect Oregon Easter Eggs, but...

We're not in Oregon anymore, Winter.

9 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

I think Fanfics should be for “situations that didn’t happen.  It are plausible” while OOC is for really crazy things, like Nichthhound being nice.

So I guess my one with Taylor Swift should've gone in there? Huh. Oh well. 

Edit: Nevermind, it definitely is not canon or fanon. 

Edited by Kidpen

1 hour ago, Kidpen said:

So I guess my one with Taylor Swift should've gone in there? Huh. Oh well. 

Edit: Nevermind, it definitely is not canon or fanon. 

Thread categorization time!

We need a thread for 'technically non-canon but we're pretending it is because it's funny', 'previously wasn't canon/confirmed canon but now is through shenanigans', 'And then Nighthound Died', 'And then people other than Nighthound died', 'stuff that has nothing to do with the RP whatsoever', and 'Crimbo non-canon fanfics'

What attracted me to the Fanfics of Oregon thread here was that canon vs non-canon wasn't a question I had to worry about. I didn't have to worry whether it was alright to use characters from the books in an Oregon post. I didn't have to fret (much) over the timeline. I could write freely and let the finished product be "canon" or "non-canon" depending on how people felt about it.

So, to me, that's what the thread is good for.

10 minutes ago, kenod said:

I think we're about at the point for the meeting, but the document is kind of dead (hint).

We're probably waiting on my reply to the cake scene...I may be a bit delayed, next week is finals and we've got projects this week. If I have time I'll start writing something, but it might not be for a bit.

On 1/15/2019 at 11:52 AM, kenod said:

I think we're about at the point for the meeting, but the document is kind of dead (hint).

On 1/15/2019 at 5:11 PM, The Young Pyromancer said:

The other thing you guys are waiting on is Jacklyn’s interrogation, which has had some difficulties, but we’re working on it.

You guys need any help? I'd love to do so, if possible.

I just read @winter devotion's essay thing about the parallel but opposite story lines between Nighthound and Doctor Funtimes, and I must say I am both impressed and fascinated. Forum RPs, perhaps even more than in traditional forms of storytelling, are fertile ground for unintended meaning to arise from the chaos of the writing process.

4 hours ago, Kobold King said:

I just read @winter devotion's essay thing about the parallel but opposite story lines between Nighthound and Doctor Funtimes, and I must say I am both impressed and fascinated. Forum RPs, perhaps even more than in traditional forms of storytelling, are fertile ground for unintended meaning to arise from the chaos of the writing process.

Thanks! I didn’t even notice how close they were till I started writing.

(Hm... it’s not just Nathan compared with Ray. There’s also interesting similarities between rest of the fun gang and The Harem...)

Also, on a Probably Unrelated note, I had a dream last night. I know it was a dream because Nighthound got redeemed. Or, at the very least, the corruption was gone. Red was there too— I think I was in her POV— with Ray being mentioned but not very present. 

7 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Thanks! I didn’t even notice how close they were till I started writing.

(Hm... it’s not just Nathan compared with Ray. There’s also interesting similarities between rest of the fun gang and The Harem...)

Also, on a Probably Unrelated note, I had a dream last night. I know it was a dream because Nighthound got redeemed. Or, at the very least, the corruption was gone. Red was there too— I think I was in her POV— with Ray being mentioned but not very present. 

Huh. Now that you mention it, there are a lot of similarities between Vanilla Sabotage and Nighthound's Harem. Not intentional on my part, but very much present. 

I have a feeling that any alternate universe where Nighthound gets redeemed is so remote and distant from any existing timeline that Megan is unable to access it. :P