The Forge

Karnatheon

Luwadan Mariatel walked around, searching for his lost love. when he saw the people burying the dead he Wondered what happened, and if his love was among the the deceased.

some of them were going towards him, he moved in to their path. He stopped filling his zinc metal-minds, he had to be on top this conversation.

As they came he asked the one leading them. "What happened here? Was there among the dead a beautiful woman?"

After a second he continued. "So many dead, You're going to avenge them, aren't you? I see the steel in your eyes, figuratively i mean. Can i help?"

@I think I am here.

@Karnatheon

As they walked toward the shop, a man stopped them to ask a question about someone. Hearing what the man said, a dark look came over Laonin's face. Not a look of anger, but a look of sadness, and loss. "There was a battle, unfortunately. A battle we won. There were no women amongst the dead here, only monsters. We're going to go looking for the people they kidnapped now. If you wish to accompany us, you may."

We're headed to this thread currently if you choose to follow us

@Blessed peace

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm no blacksmith" came Ishek's terse reply. "The forger is on some errand, I cannot help you as where to find him"

Even if I did Ishek thought to himself I'd hardly tell a stranger.

With that Ishek waited for the mans response, hoping more that he'd leave himself and Veil alone, but he knew that was probably not going to happen. 

Ishek hesitated. He knew nothing of this man and was not going to gove away information that could jeopardise his new friends. Well, at least not Laonin. "A friend of the owner. These are other friends of the owner. Who are you?"

Ishek's voice was terse as always, no point being friendly to the man if he didn't know him. 

"I am Vtlikv, a Thaylen. All I wanted was a weapon. If you are worried, then you worry in vain. I don't want any of you dead, or hurt."

He looked toward the wall, seeing a man like a shadow.

"Is that real, or is it just my eyes? I can't trust my senses."

Edited by Rashek of Bridge Four

Laonin walked through the front door. "I'm sorry for my disappearance. There were matters that needed tending to. We managed to find the people, and return them to their newly restored home. Greetings everyone, I'm glad to see you're still here." Laonin gave Ishek a pat on the shoulder as he walked past.

"I believe I owe you a pair of glass daggers, correct? Or was there some other form of weaponry you required?" he said to Vtlikv.

@The Grumpy Elantrian

@Rashek of Bridge Four 

-----------------

This portion is going to be some summary of the year time skip, but the above part can still be RP'd.

It had been a long year. Laonin and his band of do-gooders had managed to make something of an impact in the city. Though their task was anything but complete. The building next to the Forge had been refitted to meet their needs, providing a comfortable place to rest, and maybe even something of a home. 

There had been struggles along the way of course. The run in with the Bonefists was not the only time they had to fight against someone who didn't like what they were up to. The Forge was a constant hub of activity. Laonin had taken an apprentice under his wing, who assisted with the day to day operations, and would occasionally join in on "missions". 

Laonin felt like he had gotten to know each of his friends a lot more, and hoped they felt the same. They of course had each been up to their own activities outside of their project. It didn't consume all of their time, but for Laonin at least it was still something always in the back of his mind. 

See work had gone into expanding the Forge a bit, to accommodate for the additional activity.

With a final clash of iron on steel, Laonin looked up from his work, and across the fire to his assistant. "Well Derek, you've done a fine job with those hinges. I'm finishing up the handle now, so we should be able to deliver the finished product soon."

"Thank you sir. I made sure to take extra care with them this time. I wouldn't want to make the same mistake I made last time, I still feel like I can hear that door creaking sometimes." Derek replied.

"Aye, I hear you there lad. Have you soon any of the other boys around today? I wanted to check in with them about something.'

"No sir. I think I might have seen Alask this morning, but nothing since. I'll let them know you're looking for them if I see them though"

"Thank you. I'm going to go upstairs to today up quickly, then I'll be back down."

"I'll finish these up, and then start polishing them right away, sir."

Knowing the task was in capable hands, Laonin headed up the stairs.

@I think I am here. 

@xinoehp512 

@Steel Inquisitive 

@ShardBreaker 

Figured I'd quote all of you. Anyone who doesn't still feel inclined to be involved, feel free to say so, or simply ignore this. This could also be an opportunity for new people to join in of they wish, though I think too many people around spoils the close-knit aspect of the group.

Details of what Alask’s been doing are in the Interval thread, but I’ll show them here.

Alask set the leatherback book he was reading down as looked out of the window from his room. The book was titled Speculation on the Nature of Nahel Bonds, and he got up and slotted it into the lone bookshelf in his room along other books of similar name.

“Interesting,” spoke a meaured, steady voice in his mind. The Shade.

“You don’t know what that word means, Shez,” Alask said, smiling.

“No,” it said, like it was contemplating each word as it said them. “I ‘guess’ I do not.”

It, the Shade, Shez, whatever had started to progress from growls to words about four months ago, but it had taken a while and a lot of study on Nahel Bonds to turn that into a way for them to communicate.

“Last night,” it said. “Pleased me,”

Alask raised an eyebrow. “We only took out two criminals last night, that’s the lowest all week.”

It had become their ritual. Each and every night, to walk around the ruins of AlleyCity, to walk around what their group had fixed. Almost always there were criminals, shedding blood. He and Shez took care of those fairly quickly. They’d even started calling him a name. The Shadebent. The Hunter Shade. Vigilantism might have been frowned on by the police force, but it kept the area around the ruins clean, at least for a night.

“Let’s go down to see Laonin,” Alask said as he got out of his room and walked down to the bottom story.

Itiah, are we aware of your Shade now? Or is it still a secret? I know it kind of got revealed in the fight, but Laonin was preoccupied, and I'm not sure how clear it was to everyone.

*Slightly before Laonin went to the Craftsmen*

Laonin came downstairs after changing, and saw Alask. "Ah, Alask. Did you sleep well? I know you tend to be very tired some mornings, if it would make it easier on you I can try to Forge you a more comfortable mattress? Or we could go get one somewhere I suppose. Think on it. I'm headed to a meeting currently. There is someone trying to organize a Union to help the city, on a much larger scale than we've been able to, and I was going to go check it out and see what they're up to. I don't anticipate the meeting taking long, but if anything comes up I'll notify you, alright? Derek is working on finishing up a project right now, but if you need help with anything while I'm gone feel free to ask him about it."

With that, Laonin walked out the front door, and headed to his meeting.

*After the meeting*

A small boy knocks on the door to the house, a message in hand.

Amon finished a notation in his notebook. The book contained detailed notes on the routines of the various Forge members. Not that Amon didn't trust them...... but secrets were his passion. Alask, Amon thought, Now that one's interesting. He often tried to keep up with Alask on his night adventures, but kept his distance. The things he had discovered about the man were often unnerving. But intriguing. The book he's been studying..... Perhaps it is some type of spren? not a variety that I know.

Amon watched as a messenger ran up to the front door. With a sigh he got up so that he could get to a good eavesdropping spot. So much work. 

That’s a good question. I feel at this point he would trust the Forge group enough to show he was spiked (maybe some months from era 3) and how strange things can sometimes happen with him that he’s trying to figure out, but he wouldn’t explicitly state it’s a Shade, and wouldn’t reveal what he’s been doing at night, but that of course doesn’t stop people from deducing it like Amon.

Alask went downstairs and was greeted by Laonin. The older man talked about getting a new mattress and going to a meeting for a Union which could help them and Alask just nodded. He didn’t need a mattress, but a Union was amazing. It meant they could do more, with more help. Just as long as the guilds kept out of it, he thought with a frown.

As Laonin left Alask walked around, and made himself breakfast. A simple cereal would do.

After a while he heard a knock on the door. Seeing how no one else seemed to be available, he went over. “Bad feeling,” Shez whispered and Alask nodded, slowing his footsteps and opening the door quickly. It was just a kid, with some sort of message. “Hey,” he said.

Hi guys, I'm sorry that I haven't really been participating. Life's been busy and it's only going to get busier with uni starting up soon. So for now I won't be participating in the rp anymore. Ishek has left the forge to continue in his personal quest, sorry to say goodbye to Laonin and the others. 

Bye guys.

It's all good. It was fun having you around, thanks for letting us know. Good luck with uni!

@The Grumpy Elantrian 

The boy looked up at Alask when he opened the door. "I've got a message here from a, Laonin Kungli. He says his initial meeting went well, and he has gone to Newcago for a meeting with the members of the Union itself, to plan. That's it." Finishing his message, the boy ran off.

@I think I am here.

Edited by Karnatheon

4 hours ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

"He went to Newcago alone? Without taking any bodyguards at all?" Amon asked as he walked into the room. "I swear that man's trust is going to get him killed one of these days!" 

“Agreed,” Alask said as he watched the boy run away, then closed the door. But, Laonin has always seemed to have a knack for character. “Newcagos a pretty important place,” Alask said to Amon, refocusing on what the boy said. “If he’s really there with something as big as a Union, the Queen’s going to be there, which will mean a bigger audience. But if the Queen is there, then the DA might be there, and then...” he began to frown as he sat on a stool and he looked up at Amon again.

“Amon,” he said. “We’ve spent more than a year, our little group, trying to fix this place up. And we’ve been doing fine. Do you think, maybe with all this fancy talk of a Union, the Guilds would get involved, and then,” he hesitated, then continued. “You know, wouldn’t that take us back to square one?”

Amon leaned against a wall closing his eyes. "With the Union being so heavily tied to Newcago, which is heavily tied to the DA, the Guilds will be forced to do SOMETHING." He whispered. "A foreign power moving in and gaining the trust of the people? It will be seen as an attempt to undermine the government. Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. The government hasn't done much for the people."

@I think I am here.

Edited by Steel Inquisitive
Grammar