The Forge

Karnatheon

33 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Recruitment,” Alask said, looking to Lena again. “I wasn’t really expecting this,” he said quickly, apologetically, gesturing around to the Forge. “But, I’m sure it will get better, we just need more people, clean up this place, and we’re back in business.” He smiled.

"There is a bar, where you can post jobs. We could ask around there."

Lena suggested and then sat down on the floor, looked towards the door. It smelled like metal, like dust. They would have to spend some time to clean everything up. So this was it. The thing she had agreed to. But if she stayed, maybe she could leave a place he could look to one day, and see that it was her work. She sighed again. She was here to find a place for him. If it meant she had to play it nice for once, she would. She could always leave after a while.

=======

We're inside, Xino.

@xinoehp512

Edited by Sorana

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

"There is a bar, where you can post jobs. We could ask around there."

Lena suggested and then sat down on the floor, looked towards the door. It smelled like metal, like dust. They would have to spend some time to clean everything up. So this was it. The thing she had agreed to. But if she stayed, maybe she could leave a place he could look to one day, and see that it was her work. She sighed again. She was here to find a place for him. If it meant she had to play it nice for once, she would. She could always leave after a while.

“That’s a good idea,” Alask said. “We could post something there, I could go around asking people. Most look up to Laonin, he was the Man who Fixes. I guess if we use that, we could get them to join, sort of like a religion, except not really.”

34 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Edahs stepped up to the door and knocked on it once.

Hearing a knock on the door Alask lighted up, standing and walking to the door. “See, that might be a recruit now,” he said, opening the door. “Yes?”

4 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“That’s a good idea,” Alask said. “We could post something there, I could go around asking people. Most look up to Laonin, he was the Man who Fixes. I guess if we use that, we could get them to join, sort of like a religion, except not really.”

"Sure. I can go to the bar."

Maybe Lita was there as well. She pulled out a pancake and started to eat, while he got the door.

Lena choked on her pancake, when she saw the shadow-like figure.

"Idos Domi."

She whispered and hastily got to her feet. A ghost, an angry ghost. And Alask had claimed it was safe here.

"Don't be angry, old one."

She adressed the ghost, tried to remember what her grandma had told her. Offerings, stay polite, they need to be invited. Calm them, try to find out why they are still around.

"Take this offering and return to your grave."

She held out a pancake.

To avoid any confusion: Lena has absolutely no plan about investiture. She sees things of course, but you can count her as clueless if no other PC told her about something. Her grandmother told her some stories, which may or may not explain what's going on.

@xinoehp512

22 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Slowly and carefully, a shadow pulled itself out of a nearby alleyway. Who was this? Not Nekorb, he knew- but one of Nekorb's friends. Maybe he would know where Nekorb was.

I went with this description. And wasn't Edahs the shadow in the hospital?

12 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Edahs studied Alask for a second, then reached out his hand, trying to touch him.

Alask jumped back suddenly. “Shadows!” He stepped back, thoughts racing. What was this? Lena had went and offered it a pancake, and honestly, Alask wasn’t sure what to do either. Follow her?

“Who are you?” He asked. “What are you?”

Edahs could only hiss in response.

He missed the time when he could send thoughts through air. Then finding Nekorb would be easy.

He supposed he would have to search this man's memories for clues, and probably the woman as well. Hopefully they wouldn't fight back. Using shadow-acid had its drawbacks...

He stepped forwards again, into the doorway. The woman was saying something, holding out- was that food? - in some kind of warding sign. He paid it no mind, advancing on Alask.

Lena cursed and hasted over to the nearest table, grabbed a hammer. No ghost, a ghost would have stayed outside. Maybe a nightmare? Sometimes nightmares were said to come alive if the circumstances were right.

She threw the hammer in the direction of the shadow, looked what might happen.

@xinoehp512

The hammer slammed into Edahs's midsection and stuck there. 

A moment later, it fell out, covered in black shadow-acid and almost completely eaten away. The spot where it had hit sealed up with a tough, armorlike substance.

Without turning his head, Edahs raised a hand and flicked droplets of shadow-acid all over Lena.

Lena jumped to the side and groaned in pain, when the acid still hit her skin in small droplets.

Acid. A potion. And suddenly she had an idea. She pulled out a small bottle containing a strong base and hurled it at the shadow. Acid and base was water. Basic chemistry.

@xinoehp512

Edited by Sorana

On 06/05/2019 at 0:54 AM, xinoehp512 said:

The liquid splashed harmlessly off of Edahs. He hissed in annoyance, then lunged for Alask's throat with his hand. He had no time for this.

@I think I am here.

“Ahh!” Alask yelled, stumbling backwards. The creature’s acid burned through a part of his shirt and Alask looked around. Ghost, this was something like that? A Shade? Someone like him? Quickly Alask grabbed a cloth, and then scooped up a small silver ingot, throwing it at the creature.

It’s a Forge, so I assume it would have ingots and metals lying around.

Edahs let out a twisted scream as the silver hit him, leaving a hardened skin wherever it touched.  He jumped back to let the ingot fall to the floor, and glared at Alask with the eyes he didn't have, hissing all the while.

He raised his hands and pulled shadow-acid from them, shooting twin jets of the painful liquid at him and hardening the backs of his fingers into sharpness.

19 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Edahs let out a twisted scream as the silver hit him, leaving a hardened skin wherever it touched.  He jumped back to let the ingot fall to the floor, and glared at Alask with the eyes he didn't have, hissing all the while.

He raised his hands and pulled shadow-acid from them, shooting twin jets of the painful liquid at him and hardening the backs of his fingers into sharpness.

The silver, it worked! Alask tried to move to the side but the new plumes of acid hit him in the leg and he collapsed in agony. “No, no,” he whispered. He’d just refounded the Forge. He had a plan. He had a recruit in Lena. He was getting somewhere? And for what, only to die now?

Lena saw Alask throw something at the creature, something silvery and then she finally understood what it was. A shade. She could have thought of that earlier.

Hastily she rushed towards the table and scooped up a handfull of the silver looking beads and threw them at him. Then she grabbed another handfull and stepped between Alask and the shade,  dropped her bag into his lap.

"Light green marked. A pain killer, only two sips, it's strong."

@I think I am here.

@xinoehp512

Edited by Sorana

Edahs hissed with anger and agony as the silver hit him. Pain, so much pain... but he had to focus. He needed the thoughts to find Nekorb. He raised his hand and charged at Alask, swinging his sharpened knuckles to knock Lena out of the way. 

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Edahs hissed with anger and agony as the silver hit him. Pain, so much pain... but he had to focus. He needed the thoughts to find Nekorb. He raised his hand and charged at Alask, swinging his sharpened knuckles to knock Lena out of the way. 

Does he work like a shade? What happens when he makes contact?