The Forge

Karnatheon

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

"I have no idea. I've never been inside the forge before. Alask would know."

Hastily she opened one cupboard after the next, looked inside.

"Etching. You might need some place, something to sit down, not too close to the ground -"

She opened another door and grinned at a bottle with an orange looking liquid.

"That one looks -"

She opened the bottle, fanned the air above towards her nose,

"And smells right."

Grinning she grabbed an empty bottle as well and halfed the liquid, then added some of the silvery beads and swirled the liquid with the the beads around. They dissolved, until they were gone.

"I have no idea if that works. But it will be fun to try it out. Just don't hit our shade. With some luck he'll calm down once the other one is gone."

"It's worth a shot." Warden said, she grabbed the bottle and a couple more beads and ran outside. She ran up to the shade until she was a couple feet away, Warden splashed the bottle and threw the handful of beads. Then threw up her discs in between her and the shade.

@xinoehp512

Lena grabbed the remaining beads and her own bottle and followed her outside. She was about to throw her bottle, when she saw a disturbance in the air in front of Warden and paused. Dust flying in the air around strangely. Picking up a pebble she flipped it in the area and it fell to the ground harmlessly.

Strange. Warden had to be able to control the wind, like a spirit. Maybe she was a magician of some sorts. Lena would have to ask her later.

Edahs's skin hardened in serrated ridges all over his body as he recovered from his burst of acid.  He was nearly knocked over by the tire and the other debris, but he stood his ground.

His sharpened armor would mean that when his glowing enemy attacked him, he would- hopefully- get cut up on the ridges.

He saw the beads and the liquids incoming at him at about the same time that Shez crashed into him. They landed, splashing over them both. Edahs could feel his skin beginning to become brittle and wither away where the silver touched it.

9 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

He saw the beads and the liquids incoming at him at about the same time that Shez crashed into him. They landed, splashing over them both. Edahs could feel his skin beginning to become brittle and wither away where the silver touched it.

It works! That's so cool!!!!

Lena laughed when she saw the effect of her potion. It worked. So easy and it worked. She would have to make more of the acid. If Alask would allow her to refurnish a room for that?

@Bored Turtle

As the shades crashed together Warden dismissed her disks and ran back towards Lena, "good job, it worked, but they're too close together for me to do it again. Hopefully the good shade, what'd you say his name was again? Anyway, hopefully he can beat the other guy now that he's weakened."

@Sorana 

Just now, Sorana said:

"We only have one bottle left anyway. I've got some stron poison, but if we hit the wrong one..."

Lena ran towards her.

"Can you use your disks to separate them, to trap the other one? Then I could pour the the bottle over his head."

@Bored Turtle

@I think I am here.

"if they're already separated I can keep them that way, but I can't separate them myself, and yeah I could trap one of them."

Just now, Bored Turtle said:

"if they're already separated I can keep them that way, but I can't separate them myself, and yeah I could trap one of them."

"Let's do this."

Lena nodded and carefully neared the shades.

"Get away from him!"

She called out to Alask.

"We have a plan, but you need to get away from him!"

@I think I am here.

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Let's do this."

Lena nodded and carefully neared the shades.

"Get away from him!"

She called out to Alask.

"We have a plan, but you need to get away from him!"

@I think I am here.

Trapping people never worked as well as Warden would have liked, but hopefully it would hold the shade for long enough. She walked forward with Lena, and put a disk in front of herself and Lena. 

The large tire attack failed and Shez charged ahead, getting cut by the serrated edges but paying no heed to the injuries. It grabbed onto the shoulders of Edahs and squeezed.

Meanwhile, Alask heard Lena yell out to him. Shez! He called. We have to get away. They can help us.

But Shez continued. Now Alask was just the voice in Shez’s body. “I hate this creature, so much,” he said to Alask.

Lena cursed.

"We need another plan."

She told Warden, back at Shez and then laughed.

"Take this. I have an idea."

She ran to the other side of Alask.

"Hey Shez. It's me Lena! Can you step back? I'd really like to hit the other one as well. Just once?"

Worth a try. If not, she had a backup idea, albeit a slightly suicidal one.

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana

I don’t think so, if I check I think most silver attack were done in the period when Alask was back and throwing objects at Edahs.

Shez took a break from Edahs when he saw somebody else stand near to him, telling him to move. He was just so angry right now, filled with undying rage to just see everyone die, die horribly and painfully unto, they were a pile of bones like they deserved to. As the red-eyed Shade turned to Lena he felt Alask speak to him. He told Shez not to harm the woman and Shez growled, almost stepping towards Lena but the leg stopped half way through and went back.

Inside, Alask smiled. He could at least influence some things. We should move, please.

Shez growled but stepped back, positioned like a predator, ready to strike whenever the waiting time was over. The rage enveloped him.

@xinoehp512

Alask lost control and Shez tried ramming into Edahs again, but something was blocking him. Something he couldn’t see. Roaring he tried scratching and hitting the shield, but when the bottle of liquid was thrown to Edahs, Shez knee that the two women were his allies.

Alask sighed in relief. Telling Shez was one thing, but for him to realise who meant well and who didn’t, especially when enraged, it meant Shez was growing smarter.

Edahs felt the invisible cage go up around him and hissed. Noting with alarm the woman with the vial- more silver? - he squeezed and deformed his figure to escape. Unfortunately, his hardened armor slowed him down, enough for the woman's well-aimed splash to melt the armor on his leg. He screamed, darkness clouding his vision as the pain began to subdue his intelligent side.

He backed up, still hissing. This wasn't working. He was losing too much shadow-acid to their attacks (and his own, as well, when it came down to it.) Without the precious fluid, he wasn't quick or agile enough to dodge their attacks.

He needed to feed. A pity that the watchers had fled; they would have provided more than enough. But wait- was that one he saw, around the corner? Clearly not all had been smart enough to abandon the scene entirely. In a flash, he fled away from the group and towards the watcher. 

Time to let the beast go.

He'd been two creatures, once; each with different powers and objectives. Those had mostly blended when they had merged, but the habits of their association remained. And so, when he fed, he let out the darker side of himself, the side that had come from a shadowy creature that relished in causing pain.

The man gasped as Edahs charged him, standing up to flee, but he wasn't quick enough. Darkness flashed around the edges of Edahs's vision as he tackled the man to the ground, his form wavering as his control over his figure slipped.

It was from that creature that the power to feast upon souls had come. It had known just to apply the right pressures to a mind to crack the spirit and let itself feast upon the energy within. A dark art, for a dark being; yet one of particular use to him.

The man's screams of terror turned into screams of pain as Edahs began to attack. His form melted slightly into the man, touching something deeper than the mere Physical.

Other sources could provided energy, but none were as sweet as the blood from a broken soul. And so, when he needed to feed, he unchained his darker aspect, setting it free to do what it did best.

The man broke, and Edahs rushed in, ravenous. Pale light streamed into his dark figure as he drank of the bounty that the man offered. With not a little regret, he forced himself to stop before draining the poor fellow entirely. He might let his dark side run free sometimes, but he wasn't going to kill someone. (Not unless they deserved it, at least).

Sated, he stood up and turned back towards his opponents. His hardened armor melted back into the smooth glossy substance it had been originally, its shadow-acid replenished. With one quick move, he launched himself at the glowing man. Best to get this over with quickly.

@I think I am here. @Sorana @Turtle373

13 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Sated, he stood up and turned back towards his opponents. His hardened armor melted back into the smooth glossy substance it had been originally, its shadow-acid replenished. With one quick move, he launched himself at the glowing man. Best to get this over with quickly.

Lena jumped into his way, her knife pointed towards him, hoping that he would somehow, per chance cut himself on it. She had no idea if whatever it was reacted to a poison, but she used a strong one. Depending on the amount entering his body he would be dead within eight hours, incapable to control his movements in a few heartbeats. She had planned to stab Alask with it, should he loose it completely, wait until Shez had vanished and then use the antidot, but now that their enemy had replenished all his energy, she threw that plan away. How could they fight against such a monster? What could they possibly do to stop it, and stop it without dying themselves? Silver worked, but she wasn't carrying tons of silver through a city. It hadn't talked, hadn't told them what it wanted to do, why it was here. Judging Alask's reaction he hadn't seen it before as well. If it had talked, had hinted at why it was here, but it simply had walked up and attacked them.

I kind of advise to avoid the knife.

Edited by Sorana

I don't think it would work, sorry. The physiology of Edahs has some pretty blatant deviations. :P

The knife scraped Edahs's side, drawing shadow-acid. He ignored it, and it sealed over in an instant.

He shoved Lena out of the way and hurled himself at Shez He moved his hand towards the neck, to try and surround it.

Edited by xinoehp512

18 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

He crashed into Shez, and immediately moved his hand towards the neck, to try and surround it.

Lena is standing between him and Alask/Shez. That was the point of her action...

50 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The knife scraped Edahs's side, drawing shadow-acid. He ignored it, and it sealed over in an instant.

He shoved Lena out of the way and hurled himself at Shez He moved his hand towards the neck, to try and surround it.

Shez was knocked back and he felt the hand around his neck begin to tighten.

He roared. Edahs had just killed another man. And inside, Shez could feel Alask anguish, could feel Alask’s utter despair at having one of his own people killed. And that anger raged in the Shade, far stronger than any fire.

Using advantage of his strength and the close distance, Shez roared, grabbing Edahs and jumped, and as they landed he tried to crunch Edahs onto the sidewalk, his hand still around Shez’s throat.

Edahs squished unpleasantly as he was flattened by Shez. He didn't have teeth, but if he did he would have gritted them as he tightened his hold on the shade's neck, hardening the outside of his hand into a solid ring.

Making use of the close contact, he began to push his way into the mind of his opponent, trying to find some clue as to where Nekorb had gone.

Warden rushed over to Lena and helped her up and pulled away from the two shades, luckily the street had completely cleared after the shade had attacked the man.

"What are we going to do? the silver isn't doing enough." She said to Lena, a little bit panicked after seeing how easily it had killed the bystander.

@Sorana