Overpowered Combos

Left

Overpowered Magic Combinations!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which World's Magics would you pick

For that matter, imagine being able to awaken by burning a metal or tapping a metalmind. Or, perhaps the most dangerous: awakening through an aon. Since the investiture comes from the dor, not the user, an elantrian awakener might be able to keep drawing aons and awakening more things.

Edited by Drake Marshall

Feruchemy and Awakening for me, particularly since it would imply me being a Worldhopper and therefore able to go harvest investiture elsewhere. With Feruchemy, I can wander around slightly unlucky most of the time, and then - when I need something and I'm not on Scadrial - I can tap Fortune heavily and win a small fortune; and wander around with mild allergies for weeks and heal from anything in an emergency. Breaths (and, one presumes, Stormlight) can be dumped into a metalmind so that even with enough Breath to have all the Heightenings I wouldn't stand out, but they'd be available to feed into Awakening things if needed.

A lot of subtle power potential and no glowing or flying-through-the-air things to paint a target on me for anyone else.

I just had a thought. Since Feruchemical stores are Investiture, could you convert them to, say other types of Feruchemical power? So, like, take weight and turn it into something useful like health? You could even take it a step further, and turn it into Breath or Stormlight. A Bendalloy Ferring could be just like Lift! If you could do that, it just makes a Roshar/Scadrial combo even more OP, as you could generate Stormlight anywhere at the cost of something like weight, and storing it is actually something beneficial. You could even make Breath without even setting foot on Nalthis, and although this kind of breaks the 2 worlds rule, you can accomplish it without any inherent ability from Nalthis by making the Breath from Feruchemical stores.

I just had a thought. Since Feruchemical stores are Investiture, could you convert them to, say other types of Feruchemical power? So, like, take weight and turn it into something useful like health? You could even take it a step further, and turn it into Breath or Stormlight. A Bendalloy Ferring could be just like Lift! If you could do that, it just makes a Roshar/Scadrial combo even more OP, as you could generate Stormlight anywhere at the cost of something like weight, and storing it is actually something beneficial. You could even make Breath without even setting foot on Nalthis, and although this kind of breaks the 2 worlds rule, you can accomplish it without any inherent ability from Nalthis by making the Breath from Feruchemical stores.

I assume that your talking about nicrosil. BoM explains it pretty well but in short no that wouldn't work, at least by any means we currently know. Maybe you could possibly soulcast it? On the same note could you soulcast someone into a mistborn or a returned?

Forsure sel and scadrial. Besides for the full package of abilities unlike roshar and nalthis being the least appealing magic system. Sels is amazing and you can literally do anything, yes with time, and being either a mistborn or feruchemist is of course more awesome than any knight radiant. Especially with atium. I think its a no brainer even though most people chose roshar since its a more famous book and magic is used a lot more than in elantris. Theres still a bunch of spells in sel that we dont know yet.

A full windrunner could fight a mistborn. If they mistborn had atium, they would be winning for as long as it lasted, but a windrunner has a lesser extent of fighting precognition that will last as long as their stormlight. Unless the mistborn was either vin or they had a vast fortune of atium, they would probably be pretty evenly matched.

But yes, elantris has massive potential in its magic. As far as we know, it can literally do anything. Mind you, seeing as Aons seem a lot like programming, it is safe to say that unlimited potential does come at a price. Specifying exactly what you want to happen can probably become difficult for certain tasks, and mistakes in such things would be... unpleasant, to say the least.

Hemalurgy can also theoretically accomplish anything. At a price, at least. Technically you can get every last one of these powers through hemalurgy.

I assume that your talking about nicrosil. BoM explains it pretty well but in short no that wouldn't work, at least by any means we currently know. Maybe you could possibly soulcast it? On the same note could you soulcast someone into a mistborn or a returned?

No, not just Investiture stored in nicrosil. I mean like weight and heat, because when they are stored in metalminds they are basically Investiture. Nicrosil just allows you to directly store Investiture.

I would be an Elantrian feruchemist; burning steel should give me plenty of time to draw Aons, and my coppermind would make sure I remembered every Aon ever discovered. With the right combination of Aons I should be able to destroy anyone, and few would be able to react without Feruchemical steel.

PS. Would Feruchemical zinc make it easier to discover new ways to use AonDor?

• 2 weeks later...

Roshar Scadrial. Jasnah or Shallan's powers - can transform stuff into metals to burn (plus lightweaving and elsecalling are both useful skills as well). Would be useful for any metal-user. Imagine being a full compounder who can create metal, world-hop and travel through Shadesmar? And then store investiture in a metalmind during a highstorm and thus essentially have an infinite amount of power at any time?

Hmm....Personally, I see the most value in Awakening + Forgery. While it might not seem like this is as stupendously powerful as Surgebinding+Feruchemy, Awakening is almost infinitely scalable by itself; we know how powerful Nightblood is with only 1000 Breaths. What if I used 100,000 Breaths?  A million?  

Likewise, Forgery is highly abusable, and I can imagine a number of applications for it (Are those your Lifeless? Ha ha ha, not anymore!), particularly in conjunction with Awakening (take Lifeless, Stamp it with a Forged soul: Instant companion!).

Plus, these two seem to have the highest "skill ceiling," if you will; they are both essentially scholarly in nature, and can be tailored to a wide number of applications with sufficient knowledge and intelligence.

• 2 months later...

Hm... It just occurred to me. Has anybody said elsecaller+hemalurgy yet? Because with those you could basically become a cosmere aware worldhopper with hemalurgy. So technically you would have access to all the cosmere powers with hemalurgy and worldhopping. :ph34r:

I chose Roshar/Nalthis.  Roshar for access to Stormlight and control over gravity.  I'd prefer to be a Windrunner I think.  Nalthis mostly for the longevity.  If I had to choose olny one, it would defiantly be Roshar though.

Feruchemical nicrosil Twinborn... with a medallion charged with Allomantic duralumin.

not only he's on of the very few Allomancers who can duralumin-burn their metal, he's also a Soulbearer, so he can tap nicrosil and strengthen his Allomancy.

I think such combination would give a level of power (of that one metal) at or even above TLR.