Overpowered Combos

Left

Overpowered Magic Combinations!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which World's Magics would you pick

Read the Alloy of Law ars arcanum. It is there.

Sel is mentioned, but from what I see, it is only mentioned in comparison twice:

"...The metal is a catalyst, you might say, that begins an Investiture and keeps it running."

In truth, this isn't much different from the form-based Investitures one finds on Sel, where specific shape is the key..."

This quote is comparing the Metallic Arts as a whole to Sel's Investitures, but does not comment on their potential interactions.

...It is instinctive and intuitive for the practitioner, as opposed to requiring a great deal of study and exactness, as one finds in the form-based Investitures of Sel."

This quote specifically compares Allomancy to Sel's Investiture.

[Hemalurgy] is primarily concerned with things of the Spiritual realm, and is of the greatest interest to me. If one of these three arts is of great interest to the Cosmere, it is this one. I think there are great possibilities for its use.

Here Hemalurgy is stated to have potential applications across the Cosmere at large, but the text does not seem to highlight Sel itself as an example of where Hemalurgy would be practical.

If this is a question of having powers and the guidlines are you must also follow the books magic systems it would be difficult to be a KR -mistborn- part of mistborn is assinaring and sneaking around probably not the best thing for some sects of the KR.. As well being a returned you must be provided with breaths and I dont want to have to rely on others at any point.. Being a forger you could probably do some cool hacks.. Like a Elentrian Forger with knowledge of all the aons.. .. cool stuff

If this is a question of having powers and the guidlines are you must also follow the books magic systems it would be difficult to be a KR -mistborn- part of mistborn is assinaring and sneaking around probably not the best thing for some sects of the KR.. As well being a returned you must be provided with breaths and I dont want to have to rely on others at any point.. Being a forger you could probably do some cool hacks.. Like a Elentrian Forger with knowledge of all the aons.. .. cool stuff

In final empire that might be true, but later on it doesn't have to be. I'm sure some of the orders wouldn't mind too much anyway. And we have seen that returned can live on stormlight.

If I had to pick one combination, I would pick Windrunner + Feruchemist. Windrunner's gravity powers are cool, and Feruchemy's just an insanely helpful secondary magic system. Storing weight would have all sorts of cool applications for Windrunners, and the rest are also helpful. Too slow to mark your opponent and send them flying into the sky? Tap speed. Out of stormlight? Tap investiture. Having problems storing enough? Just use stormlight to accelerate the rate at which you can store things without negative consequences. Plus, flying is cool.

On Earth, I would go with AonDor/ Mistborn. Or the disease based magic in silence divine with Awakening.

They're still magic systems we don't know about yet, so this will probably change. I also think that Lightweaving by itself could cause a Highstorms amount of damage on earth.

This might be an odd mix, but I would go for Scadrial + Nalthis, specifically Feruchemy from Scadrial, but only if I was going to be on Roshar. That way I could use nicrosil metalminds to store the investiture I could gather during a highstorm (as a replacement for Breath which I'm guessing is possible). Then I could create an army of helpers and awakened items to do my bidding, have all the benefits of the Heightenings, and still be able to use a full set of feruchemical abilites

My answer varies based on how I interpret the question, so there are three answers to be had:

If we work on having two copies of what one person on each planet can possibly have, then like most it's all about the TLR Fullborn (failing that, it's a tough choice but I'd go for a full Mistborn over a Feru) plus AonDor to add in teleportation, healing of others, and the ability to blast enemies away in the unlikely event that there's no metal to be found. If Aons can create food, presumably they can make metals, as well?

A step further is if we only take on what people can realistically achieve rather than the exceptional. In this case it's a tough one but it has to be double Zinc and Awakening. Think about it for a moment; stored mental speed to allow for extremely perceptive rioting, edging people towards handing over their Breath. Live becomes pretty cushy pretty quickly.

The last one, and the one I feel most accurately answers the question is to consider Twinborns an abomination of two magic systems (haha). With that in mind, it's all about the Soulbearer-Elsecaller. Store up as much Stormlight as your Soulcast crapton of Nicrosil can hold, and you're set way up until the next Highstorm. You can Soulcast anything your whims call for, you can travel the world (and others) until your heart is content, and you essentially heal constantly and would be functionally immortal.

Truth be told, I think the lack of super-overpoweredness makes the Soulbearer-Elsecaller that much more interesting. Dibs, and voted.

I'd have to got with Roshar/Nalthis, Awakening powered by both breath and stormlight would be by far the most economical way of doing magic.

Though I would like to see what would happen if you burned metals invested through awakening with stormlight... I can see it now...

"Shall we destroy some evil... hmm this doesn't taste like Breathe? Wait... why are you opening your mouth? Funny no one has ever sheathed me in... Wait. Stop. STOP. STOP!"

You know, given that Feruchemy can change the "shape" of the metal when you burn it, I wonder what burning Nightblood would do? Would you get Compounded lifesense? Instant Divine Breath healing? Nightblood-like powers? Ooh...

You know, given that Feruchemy can change the "shape" of the metal when you burn it, I wonder what burning Nightblood would do? Would you get Compounded lifesense? Instant Divine Breath healing? Nightblood-like powers? Ooh...

"Hey, do you wanna destroy some... hey, wait, what are you doing? Helloo? Stop that! This isn't funny! Wait till I tell Shashara, you'll be in BIG trouble!"

Don't think you'd be able to burn it anyway? The metal just acts as a conduit to access persevations investiture where as NB has it's own investiture. Guess it's like a god metal in that way. Begs the question if an Allomancy could burn other shards "god metals"?

If you could get a portion of NB into you without being killed by it, then yes we're pretty sure you should be able to burn it. I assume the same is true of Shardblade/Plate.

I´m going with Feruchemy plus Elantrian. When I´m in Elantris (or whatever my focus point is) just store all the Investure in my Metalminds, I wonder how strong the charges would be compared to Compunding. Given that Scardrial is low Investure and Elantrians have enough Investure to glow, my guess is enough to be freaking awesome.. Outside of Elantris I could use Feruchemical nicrosil to (super)charge Aon Dor.

Or supercharge ANY form of Investiture with your stored Aon Dor if Feruchemical nicrosil works that way as I imagine it does. Possibly tap fNicro while Charging Steel= Super Frikin Fast (SFF)

Interesting thought... could you use feruchemy ability to store investiture for a more efficient stormlight and then triple compound it by burning the desired metal? So say, Stormlight storage with luck, and then compound burn it for a triple compounding?

• 4 months later...