Overpowered Combos

Left

Overpowered Magic Combinations!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which World's Magics would you pick

I went with Roshar/Nalthis for Surgebinding and the passive effects of the Heightenings (presuming that I reached the Fifth Heightening). The nice thing about Breath is that it's always self-sustaining, unlike Feruchemy or Allomancy, and doesn't rely nearly as much on location as AonDor healing. We also know it can do some other stuff not listed in the Ars Arcanum, and it appears that also doesn't use up the Breath.

Surgebinding, well... personality-wise, I'm not sure whether Windrunner or Willshaper would be a better fit for me. Maybe once we see something more about the Willshapers than "adventurous, love of novelty, frustrating", I could better judge. Of course, any surgebinding also means the capacity for self-healing as long as I'm on Roshar.

Edited by heridfel

I imagine Odium bank giving credits in voidspren.

"Mr Kevino, what do you need 50 000 voidspren for?"

So basically you want to ask odium if you can borrow all his spren to cause your own desolation?

Why would you need Voidspren? Just "borrow" (albeit permanently) all of a Shards Investiture to make these Shatterbots (that's what I'm calling them).

The only flaw in the Shatterbots is that only one can use Nightblood. (Of course, I could make a million Nightblood clones while I'm at the task of gathering enough Investiture for a million Shatterbots, but even one Nightblood in the Cosmere is one too many).

Edited by Kevino36

Why would you need Voidspren? Just "borrow" (albeit permanently) all of a Shards Investiture to make these Shatterbots (that's what I'm calling them).

The only flaw in the Shatterbots is that only one can use Nightblood. (Of course, I could make a million Nightblood clones while I'm at the task of gathering enough Investiture for a million Shatterbots, but even one Nightblood in the Cosmere is one too many).

Either harvest a ton of breaths from a helpless planet, or just choose to borrow endownment's investiture and you have more biochromatic power than could be found probably in all the cosmere. Mass produce nightbloods. Give them better commands.

Windrunner/Mistborn Allomancer with an Honorblade that gives the powers of a Lightweaver. Honorblades do not scream when touched by a Radient because they are not a dead spren and they never were a spren, so it would work

Edited by Lilamal

Scadrial/Nalthis

Who wouldn't want to be a Mistborn? And Breath is intense once you collect a lot of it.

Plus lets say you did manage to Return. Burn some metal to create an Investiture link, live for another week. Only question is exchange rates between 1 Breath and the amount gained by burning metals.

Edit: Expanded my thoughts a little

Edited by Orsium

Surgebinding x Awakening seems stupidly powerful. Especially if you can hack the system to convert Stormlight to Breath and vice versa. Even if the exchange rate is lousy like 10 spherefulls of Light equaling one Breath or something you need to remember that: a) Stormlight is a renewable resource on Roshar and Breath "sticks" to Awakeners perfectly.

So just spend a year on Roshar and go out in every High Storm and just sit and convert. You will probably hit 10th Heightning levels of Breath eventually. And that stuff won't "bleed" off like Light does so its yours until you use it. And even if the reverse conversion is somehow worse (say 5 Breaths for a single spherefull of Light) If you've accumulated thousands of Breaths that's still enough to fuel hours of continuous surgebinding anywhere in the Cosmere.

Also Stormlight gives you healing like furuchemical gold and having enough Breath makes you functionally immortal like Atium compounding as *side benefits* to their actual uses in Surges and Awakening 

Edited by Zalocx

The Lord Ruler package always seemed like the deal for me, due to its sheer power and versatility.

I think Forging plus Awakening could be an incredibly subtle and versatile art. For instance, notice that it should take perhaps less work to fully animate a Lifeless with forging than a vegetable...

Windrunning plus double-iron twinborn = Newton's Nightmare. 'Nough said. (By storing weight, you could also make your Stormlight last much longer, and in a high-metal environment, you could use Lashings to power your flight while doing course corrections with ironpulls and weight manipulation. You could fly at a metal pole, store weight, pull on the pole, and do an acrobatic flip as if anchored to it.)

Whoa.

If you got up really high and then lashed yourself down a ton, and increased weight by a bajillion or whatever, I think you could conceivably become a living meteorite. The very hard landing could end up being problematic if you didn't heal fast enough, but it would make for one storming cool entrance to a fight. :)

Whoa.

If you got up really high and then lashed yourself down a ton, and increased weight by a bajillion or whatever, I think you could conceivably become a living meteorite. The very hard landing could end up being problematic if you didn't heal fast enough, but it would make for one storming cool entrance to a fight. :)

It would also probably end up making a second Shattered Plains.

It would also probably end up making a second Shattered Plains.

If you had enough stormlight it would protect you from falling (note what kaladin was able to do)... So if you compounded weight and had absurd levels of stormlight stored (probably a fortune in gemstones), you might be able to knock the planet out of orbit, then stroll out of your crater unhurt.

I still think hemalurgy is a must for one of the two choices because it can theoretically grant you any other power here...

If you had enough stormlight it would protect you from falling (note what kaladin was able to do)... So if you compounded weight and had absurd levels of stormlight stored (probably a fortune in gemstones), you might be able to knock the planet out of orbit, then stroll out of your crater unhurt.

I still think hemalurgy is a must for one of the two choices because it can theoretically grant you any other power here...

You could also use Nicrosil to store the Stormlight (I think it stores Investiture). Deorbiting Roshar sounds fun! >:D  I don't think that Stormlight healing alone would be sufficient to heal you from something like that, but maybe compounding gold at the same time as using Stormlight could do it.

You could also use Nicrosil to store the Stormlight (I think it stores Investiture). Deorbiting Roshar sounds fun! > :D  I don't think that Stormlight healing alone would be sufficient to heal you from something like that, but maybe compounding gold at the same time as using Stormlight could do it.

In the stormlight archive it sounded like kaladin was actually able to fall without getting hurt, with enough stormlight.

It didn't say his legs broke and instantly re-mended or anything, he just hit the ground in a burst of stormlight and was unharmed.

Now for such a cataclysmic scale of velocity, you might need an extra kick of power.

But it is possible that an ungodly amount of stormlight would actually outright protect you from getting hurt as you knock a planet out of orbit. Or perhaps I should say a godly amount, since you might be literally getting said power from a shard of adolnasium.

Storms, why are we even discussing doing this? The impact and subsequent freezing would utterly destroy life on a planet.

I would choose to have Forgery and be a Lightweaver.

I would use my powers to infiltrate every secret organization in the Cisneros. I could easily change my appearance and my past to fit in.

Beside, Lightweavers are artists and Forgery is described as an art on multiple occasions. The two powers seem extremely complementary. To create an Essence Mark, you have to know yourself and your truths very well.

Oh, and there's the fun fact that you can sit in a highstorm and Soulcast a bunch of nicrosil from air, all the while storing the ridiculous amounts of Investiture you get from the storm into the nicrosil. Easy way to get ridiculous amounts of Stormlight stored.

Sir. I think you may have just helped me finally understand that metal. Thank you so much.

Ahem, but if I were to combine magic systems I would consider windrunning and double steel. You could basically slay all the things.

Sir. I think you may have just helped me finally understand that metal. Thank you so much.

Ahem, but if I were to combine magic systems I would consider windrunning and double steel. You could basically slay all the things.

We don't know for sure that nicrosil can do that. Please take my post with a grain of salt.

I would choose to have Forgery and be a Lightweaver.

I would use my powers to infiltrate every secret organization in the Cisneros. I could easily change my appearance and my past to fit in.

Beside, Lightweavers are artists and Forgery is described as an art on multiple occasions. The two powers seem extremely complementary. To create an Essence Mark, you have to know yourself and your truths very well.

This is an interesting combination... Unlike most of these, such a combination wouldn't afford for very much raw power, but the capacity for subterfuge would be incredible. Such a combination could do very many things.

Lol I think nearly all the combos here would allow somebody to either subjugate or annihilate all the inhabited planets in the cosmere, if they so wished.

Edited by Drake Marshall

I wonder if you could Lash an entire planet if you were inside a Highstorm? That would be AWESOME! And how would Nightblood react to being in a Highstorm while unsheathed? Would it eat the storm? Could it work on the Everstorm? Nightblood is all "destroy evil" and the Everstorm seems pretty evil, so how would that work out?

I am inclined to guess that nightblood requires a human to take investiture from (although if you wielded it in a highstorm/everstorm you would just basically be funneling investiture from the highstorm into nightblood). However, radiants can't get stormlight from an everstorm probably. A voidbringer could get energy from it though, so maybe if a voidbringer had nightblood they could fuel it with the storm. Mind you, voidbringers are rather evil, so nightblood might possess said voidbringer and make him impale himself.