The Chat Thread

Archer

On 12/16/2023 at 10:19 AM, Ookla the Erased said:

Well I guess I'll get working on somebody! I may not have time to get really into it at the moment though, so I might wait.

Feel free to take your time!

Alright folks, what’s your thoughts on shifting to a new thread after this current scene wraps up? I’m thinking that once folks are done with Coppercloud Inn, it would be a good time to shift to a new thread to RP, just to kinda reestablish the current status quo and give some new players an easier time joining in.

Obviously there’s no need to rush the wrapping up of this current setting, but if we do want to do that, it might be worth keeping in mind while RPing.

@Ookla of Ravens, @Ookla of whimsy, @Lunamor, @Ookla the Prehistoric, @Ookla thePresentParticiple, @Ookla the Believer

Plus, it would be a fine time to introduce @Ookla the Glossy’s characters and potentially @Ookla the Erased’s character, if they end up being ready by that time. 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Windwhisperer said:

Alright folks, what’s your thoughts on shifting to a new thread after this current scene wraps up? I’m thinking that once folks are done with Coppercloud Inn, it would be a good time to shift to a new thread to RP, just to kinda reestablish the current status quo and give some new players an easier time joining in.

Obviously there’s no need to rush the wrapping up of this current setting, but if we do want to do that, it might be worth keeping in mind while RPing.

@Ookla of Ravens, @Ookla of whimsy, @Lunamor, @Ookla the Prehistoric, @Ookla thePresentParticiple, @Ookla the Believer

Plus, it would be a fine time to introduce @Ookla the Glossy’s characters and potentially @Ookla the Erased’s character, if they end up being ready by that time. 

I think that would be a good idea.

12 minutes ago, Ookla the Windwhisperer said:

I’d be good with moving to another thread, I do think it would be better with introducing characters, but it is important to my plan for Corbeau’s basic character to still keep the plot of our current thread going, whether as a side plot or the main one, as he still wants to arrest Perses (and everyone else, to a lesser extent) and I think it would be weird for him not to continue his attempts.

But I think logistically a new thread would be useful.

20 minutes ago, Ookla the Windwhisperer said:

Oh, stars, I completely forgot about all this. I've missed a lot, I might end up needing to drop out if that's okay. I'm so sorry!

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Believer said:

Oh, stars, I completely forgot about all this. I've missed a lot, I might end up needing to drop out if that's okay. I'm so sorry!

Hey, not a problem! And, a new thread (picking up from where we left off, maybe with a week or two time skip) might be a great opportunity to hop back in! But in the end, that’s your call to make, and there is no pressure either way.

9 minutes ago, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

I’d be good with moving to another thread, I do think it would be better with introducing characters, but it is important to my plan for Corbeau’s basic character to still keep the plot of our current thread going, whether as a side plot or the main one, as he still wants to arrest Perses (and everyone else, to a lesser extent) and I think it would be weird for him not to continue his attempts.

We are still going to do that. I think the idea is that he will continue doing that on the new thread. 

Also some people might want to join Corbeau’s side (I actually have a character that could join you.) and that would be easier if done on a new thread.

32 minutes ago, Ookla the Windwhisperer said:

i keep getting lazy and not reading the posts... blegh

17 minutes ago, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

4 minutes ago, Ookla of whimsy said:

We are still going to do that. I think the idea is that he will continue doing that on the new thread. 

Also some people might want to join Corbeau’s side (I actually have a character that could join you.) and that would be easier if done on a new thread.

And to add on to what Ookla of   Whimsy said, this has happened in the past. Think of them kinda like episodes or chapters in a narrative. It’ll be the same storyline, just with a convenient recap for newcomers to hop in.

So, with the current plot, there seems to be a group of anti-Perses people, neutral people, and pro-perses people. I was thinking we should kind of reestablish who is in each of those groups so that new players can join who they wish.

pro-Perses: Perses (duh) by @Ookla the Windwhisperer, Asylum by me, and Eza (kind of, at least through proxy of Asylum) by @Lunamor.

anti-Perses: Corbeau by @Ookla thePresentParticiple, lei by @Ookla the Prehistoric, and I think one of my characters would fit in well his name is keshi and he rides a hyperslug.

the unaffiliated/undecided: Itsuki by @Ookla thePresentParticiple and Sonyr by @Ookla of Ravens.

please tell me if I need to add anyone or if I misplaced someone.

It seems we’ve hit a road bump in the plot, as Perses is not there to lead it. Does anyone have ideas as to what the next big thing will be? Perhaps Corboau could do something? 

Alternatively, a question for all of you: What would your character do in the Alleyverse if they were able to? What would they pursue? Perhaps now is the time to do that!

@Ookla of whimsy@Ravenclawjedi42@Lunamor@TheRavenHasLanded@Edema Rue@Ancient Elantrian@AonEne

Just now, Koloss17 said:

It seems we’ve hit a road bump in the plot, as Perses is not there to lead it. Does anyone have ideas as to what the next big thing will be? Perhaps Corboau could do something? 

Alternatively, a question for all of you: What would your character do in the Alleyverse if they were able to? What would they pursue? Perhaps now is the time to do that!

@Ookla of whimsy@Ravenclawjedi42@Lunamor@TheRavenHasLanded@Edema Rue@Ancient Elantrian@AonEne

fair. probably chill in his library.

6 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

If Keshi is sent to find clues about Perses’s location, I have a plan for a cool interaction.

@Ravenclawjedi42

3 minutes ago, Ookla of whimsy said:

If Keshi is sent to find clues about Perses’s location, I have a plan for a cool interaction.

@Ravenclawjedi42

And to add onto that, I would assume Corbeau would want to investigate the history and details of Perses, such as the extent of his powers, if he’s working for someone, where he came from, who he works with, so on. Perhaps @TheRavenHasLanded could help with that?

3 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

And to add onto that, I would assume Corbeau would want to investigate the history and details of Perses, such as the extent of his powers, if he’s working for someone, where he came from, who he works with, so on. Perhaps @TheRavenHasLanded could help with that?

of course! would be my pleasure.

23 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

23 hours ago, Ookla of whimsy said:

@Ravenclawjedi42

19 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

of course! would be my pleasure.

I’ll have Corbeau try to figure stuff out about Perses. He knows less than he would like about Hemalurgy, as such information was kept hidden from the Obligators, and would like to find stuff out, especially unlicensed Hemalurgists like Perses.

1 hour ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

I’ll have Corbeau try to figure stuff out about Perses. He knows less than he would like about Hemalurgy, as such information was kept hidden from the Obligators, and would like to find stuff out, especially unlicensed Hemalurgists like Perses.

come down to the hidden library then.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks! A Potential issue is arising. @Ookla of whimsy is currently the leading force of two out of the three current thread interactions. Admittedly, they have two characters, but that’s still a lot of pressure on a single human. 

Is there any way to resolve this issue? Maybe one of the threads gets wrapped up, maybe another human joins in on one of the threads, which would help move that particular interaction along without the input of Ookla if needed.

@Edema Rue, @Ravenclawjedi42, @Brik_head, @TheRavenHasLanded, @AonEne, @Lunamor, @Scars of Hathsin(if you are interested)

Side note-It might be easy if y’all choose to follow this thread, so that way I wouldn’t need to worry about pinging ya if I need to do something kinda like this.

And side side note—Perses is still not doing a whole lot, and part of that is because I don’t have a good way to currently RP them in the story.

Edited by Koloss17

5 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Hey folks! A Potential issue is arising. @Ookla of whimsy is currently the leading force of two out of the three current thread interactions. Admittedly, they have two characters, but that’s still a lot of pressure on a single human. 

Is there any way to resolve this issue? Maybe one of the threads gets wrapped up, maybe another human joins in on one of the threads, which would help move that particular interaction along without the input of Ookla if needed.

I'll be joining one of those threads, and hopefully that helps some.

Another idea is to start making plans for two story lines to cross paths in the future. 

I’m considering making a new character, as that could solve my sitting around with not much to do problem. However, I currently have no real preferences for one.

Does anyone have a niche that needs filling? Just some sort of character to help out or be a rival to?

53 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

I’m considering making a new character, as that could solve my sitting around with not much to do problem. However, I currently have no real preferences for one.

Does anyone have a niche that needs filling? Just some sort of character to help out or be a rival to?

One thing that could be useful to my characters is that as Corbeau becomes more involved with plot I’m doing hardly anything with Itsuki and I’m not sure how to advance his goals in the plot. Maybe somebody experienced with interplanetary travel, who might know of the Ghostbloods and/or Vinette (Itsuki’s ex-girlfriend) to help him be more involved?

So when do I add my character in? Should I just throw him in or should I wait longer for a moment that would make more sense? though i'm not exactly sure what that will be as he starts out as a bit of a dead beat.  

he'll be joining team Perses, but I just need to think of more reason to have him involved

22 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

One thing that could be useful to my characters is that as Corbeau becomes more involved with plot I’m doing hardly anything with Itsuki and I’m not sure how to advance his goals in the plot. Maybe somebody experienced with interplanetary travel, who might know of the Ghostbloods and/or Vinette (Itsuki’s ex-girlfriend) to help him be more involved?

thats why i usually do one per rp.