The Chat Thread

Archer

Something to keep in mind, as we begin hash things out, is that no matter how we decide to go forward. The Forgery was a setting shaking event that has happened very recently and as we prepare our characters, it would be beneficial to give some thought as to how our characters relate to its impact. Even if it’s just an outsider’s “What the heck happened here?” kind of a thing, as there was almost no one that The Forgery did not touch.  

12 hours ago, Arlin said:

Something to keep in mind, as we begin hash things out, is that no matter how we decide to go forward. The Forgery was a setting shaking event that has happened very recently and as we prepare our characters, it would be beneficial to give some thought as to how our characters relate to its impact. Even if it’s just an outsider’s “What the heck happened here?” kind of a thing, as there was almost no one that The Forgery did not touch.  

What is... The forgery?

Also I remember making my character nov 2020 what era was that? (For reference)

4 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

What is... The forgery?

Also I remember making my character nov 2020 what era was that? (For reference)

The Forgery was the overarching plot of Era 5 the era directly before this one. Broad strokes the Stranger forged the entire planet effectively creating an alternate timeline where no knew of the DA's existence, erasing their overt involvement in previous eras and made it so Voidus was just a simple professor with no knowledge of the demigod he once was. Era 5 ended with Voidus regaining his memories and ripping apart the Forgery. Leaving almost the entire population of the planet grapple with what was essentially a near year long A-gold burn.   

Edited by Arlin

Apologies, been a bit ill. I'll try to check in more regularly going forwards. Big thanks Arlin for explaining things to people.

The era 6 character thread should be used for any character submissions, that thread also includes the character sheet template for people to fill in and some guidance for creation. Can see some people have already done so, I'll head over to take a look now.

2 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

So...
What's our plan for plot and whatnot, and also when we're going to finally re-open stuff?

@TheRavenHasLanded @ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ @..... @Ravenclawjedi42 @Koloss17 @Scars of Hathsin @Edema Rue @Aeoryi 

Well, characters have not yet been approved, but if we assume that a good portion of them will be okayed, how do we want to do this?

@Stormlightsong has a spy that wishes to be redeemed for his dishonorable past

You have a nerdy forger, who doesn’t seem to have much in the way of current direction

I have a power hungry semi inquisitor that has *trauma* and anger issues

@Ravenclawjedi42 has a character which it think might get knocked down for having a character related to a book that has not yet breached quarantine

aaand then no one else has submitted a character to the era 6 character thread.

So once more people have characters, and everyone that has a character has a good idea of what is keeping their character going in the Alleyverse and why they haven’t just left, then we can bring formulating plot.

I apologize if I sound harsh. That’s not really my intention. Just…if we want to revive the Alleyverse RP, we need solid 3 dimensional characters that have a reason to be here and some sort of goal or mission that we can play off of. 

How about this? Once we have 5 characters that are at least submitted to the board that each have their own interests, motives, and goals in Alleycity, we can start discussing how they will be overlapping to create a plot.

Edited by Koloss17

48 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Well, characters have not yet been approved, but if we assume that a good portion of them will be okayed, how do we want to do this?

You have a nerdy forger, who doesn’t seem to have much in the way of current direction

@Ravenclawjedi42 has a character which it think might get knocked down for having a character related to a book that has not yet breached quarantine

So once more people have characters, and everyone that has a character has a good idea of what is keeping their character going in the Alleyverse and why they haven’t just left, then we can bring formulating plot.

I apologize if I sound harsh. That’s not really my intention. Just…if we want to revive the Alleyverse RP, we need solid 3 dimensional characters that have a reason to be here and some sort of goal or mission that we can play off of. 

How about this? Once we have 5 characters that are at least submitted to the board that each have their own interests, motives, and goals in Alleycity, we can start discussing how they will be overlapping to create a plot.

Sounds good to me!

Though I do gotta say, my character does have problems. He wants to find people he can trust. That’s his biggest thing, but for now he’s trying to ignore that because it scares him.

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

Perhaps I should change that… Itsuki doesn’t have to be from Kilahito, as it’s not that important to his character, I just always imagined him from there. But I’ll wait and see what the mods have to say about it first.

37 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

So...
What's our plan for plot and whatnot, and also when we're going to finally re-open stuff?

@TheRavenHasLanded @ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ @..... @Ravenclawjedi42 @Koloss17 @Scars of Hathsin @Edema Rue @Aeoryi 

Ah, sorry, I completely forgot about this. I...have no idea what I'm doing. Is it okay if I just...take the easy route and throw in a really simple character with memory loss?

4 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Would a retired ghost blood be alright?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

when do we start this up again?

Well, there’s enough characters in the character thread, they just haven’t all been approved. If one or two more get approved, I think we can get to business in scheming. Right now though, we have what? 3 approved characters? I don’t think that’s really enough for scheming up an actual plot.

I have a hero who would be willing to help stop corruption, if only someone told him to do it. (he’s traumatized from not acting on orders and doing something on a hunch.) I think he will be very useful in the plot (whatever it is) but he needs someone needs to hire him to do the right thing.

he’s also a spy not a soldier.

Edited by Stormlightsong

Alright! I think it’s safe to say that there’s a good number of approved characters now, so we can start plot scheming. The first thing I’m wondering is this: what does your character want? If nothing interfered with them, what would they be doing in the Alleyverse? 

My character, Perses, has a fairly clear goal: to be a known power in the Alleyverse. How would he go about that? I don’t really know. He needs contacts, he needs resources, and he needs his name to spread. Perhaps something like a powerful macguffin would push him forward? Something that would give him power and incidentally be something that other people get in his way for.

@Stormlightsong, @Edema Rue, @Ravenclawjedi42, and @Ancient Elantrian, what do your characters want? What would they do if they could do anything?

My character wants to support people who need it, she could easily accidentally become a sidekick to your (or any other) character if you’d like. 

She wants to find out more about herself, but is also afraid of it, so if she could do anything she’d probably insert herself into a group of some sort?

My character wants to start a restaurant in Alleycity and find his ex-girlfriend, and is currently torn between those two goals. If he could he’d do both, but he knows that that isn’t possible, and is trying to decide what to do. He feels like he has to do both.

4 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Alright! I think it’s safe to say that there’s a good number of approved characters now, so we can start plot scheming. The first thing I’m wondering is this: what does your character want? If nothing interfered with them, what would they be doing in the Alleyverse? 

My character, Perses, has a fairly clear goal: to be a known power in the Alleyverse. How would he go about that? I don’t really know. He needs contacts, he needs resources, and he needs his name to spread. Perhaps something like a powerful macguffin would push him forward? Something that would give him power and incidentally be something that other people get in his way for.

@Stormlightsong, @Edema Rue, @Ravenclawjedi42, and @Ancient Elantrian, what do your characters want? What would they do if they could do anything?